Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385720 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #600 on: August 13, 2018, 09:02:20 am »

Move a relatively safe distance down the borehole and Dive into Yengenze.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Back to the Future
« Reply #601 on: August 13, 2018, 10:28:26 am »

Urgh... I uh. I suppose... I don't do so well under pressure. Drett takes a minute to recompose before he hears shouting from behind him. He turns away before seeing Wiellste gting put back together to see Kara's arm suddenly missing.

Lights above, disasters really do come in threes, he mutters to himself before rushing over to Kara, toolbag in hand.

Looks like you and Vikkan match now, he says as he begins to work, desperately trying to distract himself from the brutal reality of the collar around his neck, Now let's make sure you stay alive to appreciate it.

Time to play Doktor with birdgirl. Deaden the pain with a "small dose" of spider venom, then work on closing the wound. Cauterize it if necessary.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 13, 2018, 11:01:00 am »

The abomination sat in her diving mediation position for a moment, a tongue peeking out of her mouth and wiping against her eyeball.  Then she flops down on four limbs and crawls her lizard ass back to the bore.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 13, 2018, 11:26:04 am »

"Explanations in due time, Little Artisan.  For now, Kara, and escape.  Do not resist, for all our sakes."

You said Nyw could store his 'kumo without hurting himself too bad?  Do so.  Then, wait until Kara is at least stable enough to not die during the ascent to the bore, and grab her with one arm, and Wiellste with the other.  Then go up to the bore, and immediately carry them to a remote, unoccupied room.

...Unless that would actually require a str roll, despite them being tiny and Nyw being huge.  In that case, just carry Kara, or if that requires str as well, force Wiellste into the harness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 13, 2018, 11:40:46 am »

"Friends, I return. And I bring 7 stone constructs with me. I'm assuming we will be returning to the bore post-haste?"

I'm returning to the bore with the constructs. I'm assuming the way to go is to send the constructs up first. Bop each construct and give the SUSPEND command (RHENE), so they don't do silly shenanigans going up. Then send them up one by one, or multiple at a time if we can fasten them securely. If they don't go into some kind of hibernation mode for some reason, wait for doing so and have a think about wether I could safely haul them up while they're awake.

Also, take a moment while doing all of this to inspect every construct briefly, since I didn't take the time to do so when I gathered them.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #605 on: August 13, 2018, 12:03:26 pm »

Urgh... I uh. I suppose... I don't do so well under pressure. Drett takes a minute to recompose before he hears shouting from behind him. He turns away before seeing Wiellste gting put back together to see Kara's arm suddenly missing.

Lights above, disasters really do come in threes, he mutters to himself before rushing over to Kara, toolbag in hand.

Looks like you and Vikkan match now, he says as he begins to work, desperately trying to distract himself from the brutal reality of the collar around his neck, Now let's make sure you stay alive to appreciate it.

Time to play Doktor with birdgirl. Deaden the pain with a "small dose" of spider venom, then work on closing the wound. Cauterize it if necessary.

"Well, that worked surprisingly well. Maybe I am luckier than I- Um. Where is the sword?"
Wiellste takes a quick survey of the room, and notes that the bird person seems to be missing an arm. And screaming. And bleeding. And more screaming from elsewhere, though more panicked than in pain.
"Dear human god of depth and darkness. Nyw, what's happened here?"

Try to stop Kara's bleeding.

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)
Kara's first thought was That worked! It was surprisingly easier than expected. No special words or drawings as they do in stories.
However, after witnessing the monster, all her thoughts could be summed up with a single letter: AAAAAAA"AAAAAAAAA"

Scream. Cry.

Try not to die. Apply pressure and all that. Maybe use some clothes as a tourniquet if nobody offers aid, using my beak and remaining arm to tie it. EDIT: Gentlefish talks about cauterization. Don't know if it would help to take the oil from my lighter.

Also babble about what I saw. Can't go wrong with some good old babbling in the face of otherworldly horrors.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

The Two moths descend on Kara with such speed and intent that they almost resemble hungry predators attacking wounded prey.  She babbles something about "Big Snow Shluck" while Medizin rolls her on her side to get a better look at the injury. [8] Medizin uncorks a bottle of spider venom and pours maybe a quarter of it onto the wound, trying to coat as much of the tissue as possible. He tries to set the bottle down beside him, to cork it when this is done, but accidentally tips it over as he does, spilling the venom out onto the floor. It runs down along the uneven ground into the lowest point in the room.  Medizin grumbles but Kara's struggling and screaming lowers a fair deal as the pain in her arm numbs out into a dull throbbing sensation. [10][13] Wiellste acts as assistant while Medizin works on Kara's injury, quickly cauterizing the arteries before she can exsanguinate and then bandaging the rest of the bloody stump up after a generous dose of disinfectant. The finished bandages wrap all the way around her chest and bulge out a good 3-4 inches from the stump; gauze pressed deep into muscle to soak up any excess blood.

"Lucky it didn't penetrate the chest cavity. That would have been a whole new level of fun." Medizin says, cleaning blood off his hands.

The abomination sat in her diving mediation position for a moment, a tongue peeking out of her mouth and wiping against her eyeball.  Then she flops down on four limbs and crawls her lizard ass back to the bore.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
Just assist Vikkan to operate the Bore IF assistance truly is needed at the moment.
"I could do with some help in case I start feeling fainter. This whole thing put a strain on me." Vikkan replied.

Do the useful stuff. Get people on the bore by controlling the harness.
Back to the bore!

I’m just going to have a seat and catch my breathe
"But I haven't seen anything yet..."

Just follow Adam.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
"An interesting and mysterious little thing we found, wouldn't you agree? Though I fear we'll have to wait with studying it for later as it seems the time to leave this place is rapidly drawing near! Shall we?"

Carefully grab the beaker. Try to wrap some of my robe around my hands so I don't directly touch the container itself.

Then start heading back. Retrieve my artifact fragment from Wiellste. Head back up to the bore, or go out over the bridge should the rope not be available/safe.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Moku, Kindheart, Lokam and Adam -who is carefully holding the odd beaker in both hands, with several layers of robe between his flesh and the bottle itself as though it might be very hot- get themselves winched back up into the bore under Vikkan's careful guidance.  Vikkan remains standing via Garos' careful guidance as a human crutch. Everyone who gets themselves back up into the bore is guided up and out of the engine room and into one of the large, unfinished rooms where they find Harm either asleep or close to it.

"Friends, I return. And I bring 7 stone constructs with me. I'm assuming we will be returning to the bore post-haste?"

I'm returning to the bore with the constructs. I'm assuming the way to go is to send the constructs up first. Bop each construct and give the SUSPEND command (RHENE), so they don't do silly shenanigans going up. Then send them up one by one, or multiple at a time if we can fasten them securely. If they don't go into some kind of hibernation mode for some reason, wait for doing so and have a think about wether I could safely haul them up while they're awake.

Also, take a moment while doing all of this to inspect every construct briefly, since I didn't take the time to do so when I gathered them.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Seeing as there seems to be LITTLE TIME to send each and every construct up on its own, let along to look at any of this shit in detail, you bop each construct with your rod, stuff the ones that are small enough into your bag and then  grab the remaining ones in both arms. You use a sort of hopping pelvic thrust to pull the rope three times and then ride up, cradling your new crystal babies as you do. You get into the bore with some difficulty, having to be dragged in ass first and nearly dropping your load in the process. But you manage to get them all in and, via a few trips, carry them up into the room with everyone else.

Alex's eyes widened as he saw the fissures in the rock.

"THE CAVE IS COLLAPSING! WE HAVE TO LEAVE! NOW!"

Run back to the borehole, should anyone near me not try to escape to safety, drag them behind me.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
You ignore the harness and instead take off across the abomination bridge, running across the thin stone pathway all the way over into the horizontal bore hole. You stop only once you've got a few hundred feet away from the borehole's entrance.

Move a relatively safe distance down the borehole and Dive into Yengenze.

You run equal distance down the tunnel as Alex before slowing to a stop and immediately dropping to your knees. [10] You fall through the floor, your consciousness dropping away from your body and into somewhere else. You find yourself standing on a shelf. Or rather one of the shelves of a book case. Specifically you are behind the books, in a thin crack between the back of the shelf and the books themselves. Its very dark back here, with nothing but the light that shines in from over and around the books to illuminate things. You look around and estimate that you must be about 1/4 inch in size. Huh.

More Boulders fall from the ceiling, growing larger every minute as the cavern threatens to shake itself apart. One, the size of a small house, slams into the abomination bridge and bisects it, leaving a 20 foot gap in the center. Another clips the balcony but the boulder is the one that comes out the worst in that exchange; it takes a bit of railing from the balcony but shatters into hundreds of pieces in the process, covering the balcony in gravel and large stones.   The bore vibrates  and then tilts slightly as the walls of the tunnel it is in shift slightly in opposite directions.

The guards with Vikkan in the control room start yelling at him to get the bore moving. He tells them, with a sort of exhausted, blood deprived, calm that the person with the artifact isn't onboard yet so it would be pointless to leave yet.  Never the less he does ready the bore to get going, making sure all the leg motors and systems are warmed up and ready.

AND THEN, POSTING AFTER EVERYTHING IS DONE (Pancaek came  in too, even later, but I can just slot his slow ass in earlier.)

"Explanations in due time, Little Artisan.  For now, Kara, and escape.  Do not resist, for all our sakes."

You said Nyw could store his 'kumo without hurting himself too bad?  Do so.  Then, wait until Kara is at least stable enough to not die during the ascent to the bore, and grab her with one arm, and Wiellste with the other.  Then go up to the bore, and immediately carry them to a remote, unoccupied room.

...Unless that would actually require a str roll, despite them being tiny and Nyw being huge.  In that case, just carry Kara, or if that requires str as well, force Wiellste into the harness.

You stick the 'kumo down along your back in such a way that will probably not hurt you or anyone else. Then you walk over to the newly mended Kara and scoop her up off the ground with one arm. You grab Medizin and place him on your shoulders so that he can cling to your neck and head, and then pick Wiellste up by the collar and throw her into Kara's lap. Suitably loaded you stride over to the harness, across the newly smashed rock, and give it a good look. The harness is meant to hold the hips, lowering the person down roughly horizontal. But overloaded as you are, it would likely just pitch you forward and dump all your wards out onto the unforgiving stone.  So you slip one booted foot through a loop meant for a leg and then wrap the rope several times around your free arm, setting it to sit in the crook of your elbow, turning the harness into a makeshift footloop.  You jerk the rope three times and then cradle Kara as best you can while the entire bunch of you ascend.

The transition into the bore is the hardest part; Medizin scrambles in first, then Wiellste, before you half push Kara up into the hatch. There's a terrifying moment where her body sags and almost slides out of your grip, but both moths catch hold of her and you use your head and shoulder to prevent the slide, rotating jerkily around on the rope.  You pass your sword up -climbing in with a long rod on your back would probably end in injury to you, damage to the sword, or a very awkward wedged position- before climbing in yourself. The little crawlspace between the drill and engine room is painfully cramped on a good day, but there are two moths, a Corven, you and a guard all jammed in here at the moment. You shoo them out, directing the moths to help Kara before you turn back to the hatch. You take one more look outside, doing a mental tally of the people you remember, and then drag the harness in and close the hatch.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 13, 2018, 12:36:13 pm »

((Gaahh, what's with the daily updates?  This is too fast!))

Store the murakumo again, pick up Wiellste by the neck, in an effort to hide her collarless nature from the guards.  Then grab Kara and leave with her.  Gesture for at Medizin to follow, too.  Walk through the bore until finding a room that does not have guards in it, then take the artifact from Kara's pack (preferably without being noticed, despite being a giant wearing full plate), set her down, and continue deeper into the bore.  Thrust the orb into Wiellste's hands, tell her that her effort to destroy the collar made it explode instead, and request that she transmute the explosives in Nyw's collar.  As quickly as possible.

Stop only if Nyw or one of his charges is threatened, or if a guard follows him too closely to take the artifact, or let Wiellste dive.

Edit: Nyw would stop Kara from attracting the guards' attention, if he had any sign that she was about to do so, but I don't think he really would.  So, if she gives away the artifact, he'll just take Wiellste to a remote part of the bore and physically block any guards from being able to see her.  Maybe drag Addam along if Nyw spots him.

Hotfire90

« Reply #607 on: August 13, 2018, 12:50:38 pm »

Sit down and wait for the bore to arrive, enter it when it arrives.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #608 on: August 13, 2018, 12:56:02 pm »

"Hah!" Kara exclaimed at Drett's joke, trying to laugh, though it came out more as a pained gasp.
As the painkiller started to take effect, she raised her arm and brought it to Drett's fuzzy head.
"You really don't hate me..." she murmured as she rubbed the fuzz gently. It helped her relax further.
"I'm glad." she commented and closed her eyes.
After a second she let her arm fall to her side. She wasn't thinking about much, she was mostly trying not to vomit. In her disoriented state she was thinking that it would be embarrassing to vomit in front of people she was trying to impress. The bloodloss and constant movement wasn't helping with her dizziness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 13, 2018, 01:06:05 pm »

"Is everyone in? Everyone accounted for?" Vikkan asked as he tried to ignore the ever-present dizziness that reared its head after he put too much strain on his blood-deprived body.

Move the bore to the other entrance to collect the rest of the group, then it's time for a hasty escape.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #610 on: August 13, 2018, 01:35:09 pm »

Kara tapped Nyw's shoulder, winked at him and then motioned towards the general direction of the guard with her head while at the same time weakly pushing him away.
"I'm fine.." she said, struggling to shout to make sure she would be heard over the noise of the engine.
I don't know what's going on. I don't know the best thing to do. But I know Wiellste needs a distraction. Whether Nyw will use that distraction to stow Wiellste away or incapacitate the guard is up to him. Honored Dead are supposed to work for the greater good. I'll trust his choice.

Unless Nyw stops me, shout to get the guard's attention and get him to come close to me: "Hey! You! Can you come take a look at this? Is this the Artifact you wanted?"

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 10:18:00 am by Parisbre56 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 13, 2018, 01:43:52 pm »

((Gaahh, what's with the daily updates?  This is too fast!))

Store the murakumo again, pick up Wiellste by the neck, in an effort to hide her collarless nature from the guards.  Then grab Kara and leave with her.  Gesture for at Medizin to follow, too.  Walk through the bore until finding a room that does not have guards in it, then take the artifact from Kara's pack (preferably without being noticed, despite being a giant wearing full plate), set her down, and continue deeper into the bore.  Thrust the orb into Wiellste's hands, tell her that her effort to destroy the collar made it explode instead, and request that she transmute the explosives in Nyw's collar.  As quickly as possible.

Stop only if Nyw or one of his charges is threatened, or if a guard follows him too closely to take the artifact, or let Wiellste dive.

ASSUMING that all that works out:

"I see. Then we can no longer allow room for error. I'll be sad to see this go, but I must trade one defender for another."

Sacrifice my revolver, and a point of Speed.
Again, 6, 20, 14, 21.
Estimate the reinforcement needed to transmute the explosive into an inert, or at least not immediately threatening substance, without touching the sensors or Nyw.
If no estimate, 3 material and 5 action.

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 13, 2018, 03:42:27 pm »

"Hah!" Kara exclaimed at Drett's joke, trying to laugh, though it came out more as a pained gasp.
As the painkiller started to take effect, she raised her arm and brought it to Drett's fuzzy head.
"You really don't hate me..." she murmured as she rubbed the fuzz gently. It helped her relax further.
"I'm glad." she commented and closed her eyes.
After a second she let her arm fall to her side. She wasn't thinking about much, she was mostly trying not to vomit. In her disoriented state she was thinking that it would be embarrassing to vomit in front of people she was trying to impress. The bloodloss and constant movement wasn't helping with her dizziness.

Of course not. I acted rather... Drett pauses for a second, embarrassment clear in his voice. ...Harshly toward you earlier.
As her eyes close and her hands fall, he begins to take stock of his bag.

Flame above, that's right, he mutters, rifling through his bag, I spilled the rest of that venom. Good thing I planned for... No, I didn't plan for what just happened. I was expecting a fire fight, not spontaneously healing severed heads and disappearing limbs.

Do be careful with her! She's suffered a traumatic injury recovering the artifact for you! He says, then under his breath quiet enough for the group around him to hear, she's braver than you lot, sending others to die for you.

Reflect on life in the Archives. Keep Kara stable. Assist in the distraction. Pray to the flame for inspiration out of this mess.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 13, 2018, 04:26:22 pm »

Maybe drag Addam along if Nyw spots him.

"Did you need me for anything, honorable ancestor?"

Assist with the distraction/field of view blocking thing if needed, if not just tag along for now and try to figure out what this beaker artifact is.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 13, 2018, 05:05:00 pm »

((sheesh Everyone got into the Bore in one round. And here I was going to spend about three rounds poking around in here))
Explore. Find a way to the front of the bookshelf. Peek out cautiously, so as not to startle the giant floating eye that probably roams these aisles reading at infinite speeds.

Where does the information it reads go? No one knows. Perhaps the eye knows. Perhaps even the eye does not know. Perhaps the Eye reads continuously because the information goes nowhere.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 231