Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385363 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Back to the Future
« Reply #615 on: August 13, 2018, 05:12:36 pm »

Find the viewport and keep an eye on the ruins.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 13, 2018, 06:08:22 pm »

If still alive, run back to the bore!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 08:08:35 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 13, 2018, 09:27:11 pm »

"Now I really want to believe they will let us go after this. Such a mess for this artifact..."
Just keep helping Vikkan for now.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 14, 2018, 10:57:03 am »

Find an airvent and try to climb in, aiming to get into the air ducts.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 14, 2018, 04:51:46 pm »

Experiment with persuading or just manipulating my crystal spider. Does it seem able to learn? Are there ways to control it beyond that dumb rod?

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #620 on: August 14, 2018, 05:09:25 pm »

Sit on the ground and read from my book. There isn't anything I can do to escape anymore.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #621 on: August 15, 2018, 12:05:23 pm »

((Gaahh, what's with the daily updates?  This is too fast!))

Store the murakumo again, pick up Wiellste by the neck, in an effort to hide her collarless nature from the guards.  Then grab Kara and leave with her.  Gesture for at Medizin to follow, too.  Walk through the bore until finding a room that does not have guards in it, then take the artifact from Kara's pack (preferably without being noticed, despite being a giant wearing full plate), set her down, and continue deeper into the bore.  Thrust the orb into Wiellste's hands, tell her that her effort to destroy the collar made it explode instead, and request that she transmute the explosives in Nyw's collar.  As quickly as possible.

Stop only if Nyw or one of his charges is threatened, or if a guard follows him too closely to take the artifact, or let Wiellste dive.

Edit: Nyw would stop Kara from attracting the guards' attention, if he had any sign that she was about to do so, but I don't think he really would.  So, if she gives away the artifact, he'll just take Wiellste to a remote part of the bore and physically block any guards from being able to see her.  Maybe drag Addam along if Nyw spots him.

Kara tapped Nyw's shoulder, winked at him and then motioned towards the general direction of the guard with her head while at the same time weakly pushing him away.
"I'm fine.." she said, struggling to shout to make sure she would be heard over the noise of the engine.
I don't know what's going on. I don't know the best thing to do. But I know Wiellste needs a distraction. Whether Nyw will use that distraction to stow Wiellste away or incapacitate the guard is up to him. Honored Dead are supposed to work for the greater good. I'll trust his choice.

Unless Nyw stops me, shout to get the guard's attention and get him to come close to me: "Hey! You! Can you come take a look at this? Is this the Artifact you wanted?"

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
((Gaahh, what's with the daily updates?  This is too fast!))

Store the murakumo again, pick up Wiellste by the neck, in an effort to hide her collarless nature from the guards.  Then grab Kara and leave with her.  Gesture for at Medizin to follow, too.  Walk through the bore until finding a room that does not have guards in it, then take the artifact from Kara's pack (preferably without being noticed, despite being a giant wearing full plate), set her down, and continue deeper into the bore.  Thrust the orb into Wiellste's hands, tell her that her effort to destroy the collar made it explode instead, and request that she transmute the explosives in Nyw's collar.  As quickly as possible.

Stop only if Nyw or one of his charges is threatened, or if a guard follows him too closely to take the artifact, or let Wiellste dive.

ASSUMING that all that works out:

"I see. Then we can no longer allow room for error. I'll be sad to see this go, but I must trade one defender for another."

Sacrifice my revolver, and a point of Speed.
Again, 6, 20, 14, 21.
Estimate the reinforcement needed to transmute the explosive into an inert, or at least not immediately threatening substance, without touching the sensors or Nyw.
If no estimate, 3 material and 5 action.

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)
Maybe drag Addam along if Nyw spots him.

"Did you need me for anything, honorable ancestor?"

Assist with the distraction/field of view blocking thing if needed, if not just tag along for now and try to figure out what this beaker artifact is.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
"Hah!" Kara exclaimed at Drett's joke, trying to laugh, though it came out more as a pained gasp.
As the painkiller started to take effect, she raised her arm and brought it to Drett's fuzzy head.
"You really don't hate me..." she murmured as she rubbed the fuzz gently. It helped her relax further.
"I'm glad." she commented and closed her eyes.
After a second she let her arm fall to her side. She wasn't thinking about much, she was mostly trying not to vomit. In her disoriented state she was thinking that it would be embarrassing to vomit in front of people she was trying to impress. The bloodloss and constant movement wasn't helping with her dizziness.

Of course not. I acted rather... Drett pauses for a second, embarrassment clear in his voice. ...Harshly toward you earlier.
As her eyes close and her hands fall, he begins to take stock of his bag.

Flame above, that's right, he mutters, rifling through his bag, I spilled the rest of that venom. Good thing I planned for... No, I didn't plan for what just happened. I was expecting a fire fight, not spontaneously healing severed heads and disappearing limbs.

Do be careful with her! She's suffered a traumatic injury recovering the artifact for you! He says, then under his breath quiet enough for the group around him to hear, she's braver than you lot, sending others to die for you.

Reflect on life in the Archives. Keep Kara stable. Assist in the distraction. Pray to the flame for inspiration out of this mess.

[11][1]
Nyw quickly moves from the hatch over to the two moths helping to awkwardly shove Kara up to the next floor. He carefully steps between the guard and them, obscuring Kara's pack with his bulk.  After they make it up into the engine room he picks Kara up in one arm again and starts moving up, higher into the bore, doing his best to walk smoothly and carefully despite the rocking and shaking of the bore. Kara, apparently half conscious, weakly waves her remaining arm at  a nearby guard and starts to say something. Nyw places his hand on her beak in a way that appears comforting from a distance, but he snakes a thumb under the bottom of the beak and holds her mouth shut. 

"Delirious. Pay her no mind." Nyw says, his tone flat, and then carries her up and out of the engine room, into the bore compartments proper.  Slipping the guards' attention is not something as easily done as he would have liked, they're quite keyed up and looking to corral everyone into a single room.  In the end the best he can do is quietly slip into a side room before being seen, pulling the moths and Adam in with him.  He sets Kara down against the far wall of the room and has Adam and Medizin put themselves around her; the best shield he can manage at the moment. He whispers an explanation and his desires to Wiellste, gesturing first at her lack of collar and then at his own.  Wiellste's expression is unknown under the mask but her body language seems strained and nervous. She seems to consider the situation for a moment and then nods tightly.  She looks over at Kara and the others before gesturing for Nyw to join her in the opposite corner of the room. She kneels down, facing the wall, with Nyw behind her, facing the others. It seems the best possible position for either a failed dive or an accidental detonation, at least in her estimation.

Wiellste pulls the revolver from her cloak and sets it down directly in front of her. She places a hand on it and then a hand on her own chest, closing her eyes. [17] She considers the best dive configuration for a few moments but Nyw's impatient tapping of his foot and her own nervousness make such complex calculations impossible. She huffs out a breath and estimates as best she can. With a silent assent she sacrifices the revolver and a part of herself. The revolver flashes through hundreds of different materials before transmuting into a sort of water vapor or smoke and dissipating into nothing. Wiellste feels the power flash down her limbs and then up from her hips, crawling like an electrical jolt in slow motion straight to her head. She smells ozone and her entire body aches as though she just ran several marathons in a row; she has serious doubts as to if she'll be able to stand up after this. And then she begins the dive.
(14 + 10 + 20 + 3 + 10 + 2 + 6 + 19 + 2 + 3 + 6 + 11) [-4 nerve, +5 nerve from sacrifices][20+1]

Wiellste's back arches and her body convulses, every muscle straining. She falls backwards and her muscles strain, forcing her up into an arch, her voice coming out as a shrill chittering insect scream between clenched jaws.  Nyw's collar rattles and its material seems to grow unsteady, islands of transmutation spread and shrink in organic patterns like fungal blooms. Apparently somewhere in that mess something changed that triggered a sensor but the resulting explosion was little more than a pop, a small crack appearing in the back of the collar and a gout of steam, oil and what might be fat issuing forth. It subsides with a tea pot whistle and the entire collar then rusts away and crumbles into a pile of flowers and copper wire.  Nyw turns to find Wiellste laying limp and seemingly unconscious, thin trickles of blue ichor leaking through the mouth and eyes of the mask. 

Sit on the ground and read from my book. There isn't anything I can do to escape anymore.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)

Do not fear, do not lose hope. The faithful are loved and all suffering shall be repaid tenfold. In sickness, in injury, in strife, remember this.

Experiment with persuading or just manipulating my crystal spider. Does it seem able to learn? Are there ways to control it beyond that dumb rod?

[16]
You set the spider down and over the next few minutes subject it to various tests, bopping it when it does something you don't like. It takes a while but the thing does seem to learn so long as you are very clear on what you want it to do. Obviously it doesn't understand you but hand gestures plus bops seem to work, after some repetition.

Find an airvent and try to climb in, aiming to get into the air ducts.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
[4]
You run up a wall, grab hold of a vent cover and use your weight to simply fall back and tear the cover off.  You fall on your back and wriggle around for a moment before righting yourself and moving to crawl into the vent. You're halfway there when a guard shouts at you and your collar makes a little warning beeping noise.

"Get. Down." The guard says, slowly and with brutal clarity, pointing at the rest of the people sitting around in the room.

"Now I really want to believe they will let us go after this. Such a mess for this artifact..."
Just keep helping Vikkan for now.
"Is everyone in? Everyone accounted for?" Vikkan asked as he tried to ignore the ever-present dizziness that reared its head after he put too much strain on his blood-deprived body.

Move the bore to the other entrance to collect the rest of the group, then it's time for a hasty escape.
Vikkan leans over the controls, Garos helping him keep his balance, and activates the return trip. The clockwork computer whirs with a million little clinks and clacks of metal and the Bore jerks into motion.  The return trip to the original bore hole is quick enough, maybe a minute or two with the cleared tunnel and the automatic systems. It drops out of the ceiling of the horizontal borehole and lands with a sharp jerk and then a gradual hiss as the legs relax into a waiting position.

Find the viewport and keep an eye on the ruins.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
There aren't a lot of windows on the bore...none in fact other than the ones in the control room. Instead you head down to the nearest airlock and open it up once the bore has stopped moving. It gives you a good view down the bore hole towards the cavern and the ruins.

Sit down and wait for the bore to arrive, enter it when it arrives.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
If still alive, run back to the bore!

[1]
Aigresaur, hitherto staring blankly at a ceiling in the balcony room, turns on her heel and sprints out towards the remains of the abomination bridge. She scrabbles across the smashed stone and onto the bridge, picking up considerable speed. She slings the gun over her shoulder and drops to all fours, lopping along in a sort of springy fast motion caterpillar crawl. She reaches the edge of the sheered off section at a full sprint and leaps with a violent spring like motion, tightly bound muscle jerking her forward in a full body lunge. She clears the 20 foot gap with several feet to spare and keeps running, seemingly unslowed. She scuttles down the borehole and leaps onto the rope ladder that Harm has lowered down from the airlock. Alex is already halfway up it but She clambers straight over the top of him and up into the bore. Only once she has run down a hall and skidded into a wall does she stop.

Alex, grumbling, climbs in after her. He stops at door and gestures with his head to Harm, indicating AsHul's kneeling form still in the tunnel.

"Should we worry about him?"

As he says this, a slab of stone roughly 1/3rd the size of the ruins separates from the roof of the cavern and falls in gravity defying slow motion into the lava below. A massive wave of liquid metal rises up  around it, flowing over the ruins and rolling towards the bore hole like a white hot tsunami.

((sheesh Everyone got into the Bore in one round. And here I was going to spend about three rounds poking around in here))
Explore. Find a way to the front of the bookshelf. Peek out cautiously, so as not to startle the giant floating eye that probably roams these aisles reading at infinite speeds.

Where does the information it reads go? No one knows. Perhaps the eye knows. Perhaps even the eye does not know. Perhaps the Eye reads continuously because the information goes nowhere.

You walk to the edge of one of the books. There's a small gap there and you squeeze sideways through it, sidling for a good minute or two before you reach the edge and come out onto the front of the bookshelf. You're in a library, or something like it. Its hard to tell, being so small and everything being so far away, but you can see another bookshelf like what this one probably is several hundred feet away, by your subjective measure.  Way up above, past several more levels of this shelf, you can see a stone block ceiling with stone "Rafters" of a sort rising into pointed domes over and over with huge chandeliers hanging from the apex of each dome. There are no giant librarians, least so far as you can see.

Hotfire90

« Reply #622 on: August 15, 2018, 12:38:24 pm »

"I'll get him, go fetch some guards to help me pull him up."

Rescue AshHul from the incoming lava tsunami and then finally enter the bore.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 15, 2018, 12:40:13 pm »

Undive. get in bore. try not to be consumed by the wall of "liquid metal."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 15, 2018, 12:53:04 pm »

Ouch. Try not to die.

Spoiler: Wiellste. x_x (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #625 on: August 15, 2018, 12:57:36 pm »

"Oh dear."

TIME TO ESCAPE.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #626 on: August 15, 2018, 12:59:28 pm »

Try to find a good position to hide and set up my rifle to ambush someone entering the room (hoping for an advantage).

EDIT: give my lighter to Nyw, if it would help. He could coat the Artifact in oil.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 02:25:53 pm by Parisbre56 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 15, 2018, 01:34:09 pm »

Wait until everyone is back in the bore, then pull up the ladder and close the hatch.
Side not, does this bore have a periscope or something to see the front, or am I just remembering that from Dig 1?
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 15, 2018, 04:27:26 pm »

"Do we  still have people down there? We are in a bit of an urgent situation."
Same old same, help Vikkan.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 15, 2018, 06:06:47 pm »

Hit on one of the guards.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 231