Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 386087 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2018, 09:05:38 pm »

((Yyessss, I am aware?  Is this relevant?))
((Kinda because you said you pulled a gun and aimed at another player.))
...aiming a gun at a strange metallic lizard...
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2018, 09:08:42 pm »

The Ethral takes out a revolver, cocks it, and points it at this... abomination?
Once he does find her, aiming a gun at a strange metallic lizard, he pauses again, waiting and watching.  After a couple seconds of consideration, he begins speaking, loudly and clearly. "We are all allies here, and it would be a grave pity for any of us to inflict wounds upon another.  Pray give the moth some space, friend."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2018, 09:10:02 pm »

((Oh, the wording made it seem like you were the one aiming and made me confused. Sorry about that.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2018, 09:13:02 pm »

Moku's head snaps rapidly between the revolver and the newly arrived corpse before settling on the Ethral. She jumps back, the metal spikes on her feet elicit a sharp screeching noise of metal on metal scrapping. The abomination begins to backpedal, retreating back through the doorway she came from.

A second later, her head comes peeking through the door, as she watches the Ethral and the Dead from a distance.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2018, 09:17:24 pm »

((@RGU No worries, the line is a little ambiguous.  I should've wrote it a bit more exactly, but I was trying to just make something quick because I had only just realized there was already a confrontation with Egan's char.))

Nyw turns to watch the creature flee, nodding politely at her.  "Thank you for your discretion, friend.  Now," he turns back towards the moth, who's still clutching her handgun.  "Please, Wiellste was it?  Put away your gun.  I swear upon my honor as the Lords' Child, I will allow no harm to befall you in this place.  I merely wish to speak with you."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2018, 09:20:45 pm »

"Did you see where the rest of the people went? I decided to get us started on our way as soon as possible, but they might need to be found just in case our guards decide to get violent with stragglers."
Garos responded pointing towards the door behind them for a moment.
"I think the rest are scattered around the Bore, probably minding their own business. But you are correct, we probably should check on them."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2018, 09:22:49 pm »

Wiellste sets down her revolver slowly on the floor.
"H-h-haaa..."

Then the Ethral starts trembling uncontrollably while shuffling farther into the corner.

I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2018, 09:31:51 pm »

Bronqui had brought himself into a corner of the first room. He barely had any time to process it all. He could hear people talking in the background, but for a while he just didn't care. He was, essentially, a slave. After this one mission, surely they'd ask for another, and another. He didn't even have a single Fathom on him. He was buying groceries and such, and the prices were higher than usual. He was going to a bank to pick up some more when he got kidnapped.

Slowly, he rose to his feet. He had to do SOMEthing, or else he might provide a reason to trigger his collar. These people he didn't know were all doing things...he didn't know them. This was a chance to know people, to build connections. Perhaps someone else was checking out the kitchen? If not, at least he'd be able to work on a meal for everyone on their way to those ruins. It might be their final meal, and they might deserve it.

Bronqui, still lost in his head, looks for a kitchen and/or pantry, to check what food is stocked in there, if any, and what appliances and such are available.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2018, 09:34:26 pm »

"Err..." is all Nyw manages, his posture shifting from confidence to supreme awkwardness.  He shares a look with the metal lizard head that's watching them from the doorway, vainly hoping it would start to speak and explain.  Not gleaning any information from the lizard's expression, he sighs and slowly walks over to Wiellste's shivering form, kneeling down beside her, an arm's length away

"Fear not, little one.  You are... safe, now."  he says carefully, trailing off strangely at the end.  He carefully raises one hand towards the moth's shoulder, but hesitates before touching her, unsure.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2018, 09:43:29 pm »

"Hah-haaaaaa uhhhhhhh..."
Wiellste finally seems to register the Undead in front of her.
"O-oh. Y-you're Honored Dead, are you not? Please- please protect me! They are going to kill me, I know it! This place is nothing but danger, mortal mortal very killy danger! Please please don't leave me something is going to kill me here oh god."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2018, 10:36:10 pm »

"Indeed I am, little one." Nyw responds, finally extending his hand to rest reassuringly on the moth's shoulder.  "Please, calm down.  I shall ensure no harm comes to you here, you have my honor.  However, in return, I request that you assist me.  You are the only individual to have professed skill with fine mechanical devices--a talent surely suited to your small form, but not to my own." Nyw says, a hint of amusement creeping into his voice as he waves a massive gauntleted hand in the air.

"...It can wait, if you still feel uncomfortable, little one.  I understand how shocked you must be, but fear not.  Soon this sudden venture will be but a mere memory, lessons learned and connections created."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2018, 10:40:31 pm »

"I-I am not a proper mechanic, but I will do what I c-can to assist you, in exchange for protection. What is it that needs to be done?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2018, 12:34:51 am »

"My deepest thanks, Wiellste." Nyw says, nodding, before tilting his head up and pointing to the bulky collar around his neck.  "I need you to examine this, and glean whatever information you may.  Do not worry for me, it poses little danger to my undead life; I merely wish to understand the device's function, and if possible, how I may remove similar collars from others.  I realize this is not where your expertise lies, but I trust you to give your best effort, little one."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2018, 12:48:25 am »

Wiellste seems to calm down a little given a concrete task, and an object to learn about.
"Okay, let me see, then."

Take a look at Nyw's collar. No touching. NO TOUCHING.
Just get an idea of the machine's function and how it might be removed.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2018, 05:06:07 am »

"Great!" Kara exclaimed, her tail bobbing up and down in excitement.
"Thank you! I promise you, I'll stay out of your way, it'll be like I'm not even here." she reassured Vikkan as she tried to find a spot for her that both had a good view and was out of the way (preferring the former over the later). That done, she got her notebook out and started scribbling in it.

"Since we're all talking about what we're good at, I think I should say I'm... not really good at anything, I haven't been trained in a trade."
In truth, she had been trained in management and public relations but she was never any good at it, so she didn't think creating any expectations from them by mentioning that would do any good.
"But I've read about a lot of stuff and I'm willing to learn!" she added quickly, not wanting to sound useless.
"I mean, I already learned a thing or two about travelling through caverns on foot from the group I was traveling with before... well, before all this." she added, making a gesture to their surroundings.
"I even got some equipment for it, a hook and some rope. I also have a rifle but I mostly just used it to keep the rats away while we were traveling. But it's better than nothing, right?"

After a few minutes of scribbling, Kara looks up from her notebook.
"Oh! Uh, so, does this bore have a name? I thought it was customary for bores to be named." she asks the ones gathered in the control room before she goes back to scribbling.

Spoiler: Kara's Diary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 05:17:43 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 231