Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 386015 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Return
« Reply #750 on: August 27, 2018, 06:45:55 pm »

The moth rubbed the side of his head when he noticed people were moving in different directions. As he wasn't quite certain how the "split" was going to work, he was simply going to wait for the mess to calm down before asking someone. For now he had other priorities in mind, like making his rifle more effective.
"Do we have a tinker around here? One that is capable of working on a rifle, that is."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 27, 2018, 06:54:54 pm »

"Do we have a tinker around here? One that is capable of working on a rifle, that is."
"That'd be me. Moth Wiellste is also good at tinkering with firearms, I believe."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #752 on: August 27, 2018, 07:05:09 pm »

"Make sure to put some belts on the beds or something, so we don't end up flying off if we sleep while moving around. Then again, we could go cheap and just install some hammocks... Hm. No, good sleep is necessary for good performance. We should install this if we want to go on long missions. But we could skip it if we decide to stick with the nearby points of interest for now.

I don't like the idea of diving happening inside the Nomad, but if it must happen, I suppose it might as well happen in as safe a place as possible. Still, not sure if it should be our first priority.

Extra crafting equipment sounds nice, but I'm not sure we can afford them, we need to have at least some fathoms left to pay everyone. Maybe one of our first missions as free agents should be to seek out more raw materials for our projects. I'm also not sure if we can spare the space for it on the Nomad, if we can't we might have to put it in the warehouse.

Long range communications sounds unnecessary to me right now, maybe when we install a radio on the warehouse and find more people to talk to.

Sensors sounds nice but I'm unfamiliar with bore systems. I don't know what advantage they would give us.

That's just my opinion on the ideas, of course. Let's see what the others have to say."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 07:06:52 pm by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #753 on: August 27, 2018, 07:39:12 pm »

"Ahaha, I see." Vikkan sat with Kara while feeling like an old man, taking every opportunity to rest. Maybe he should fetch Drett and see if he could take a shot again at his bloody stump. "I could give a list of systems the bore already has and ones it could have, but it's worth saying I'd rather no one dives inside the bore unless it's an emergency. Training inside the bore is a bad idea exactly because of that. Training can be done outside, they can wait for some hours of travel."

"At least a basic workshop seems fine. More specific ones might need enough support, I suppose."

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 27, 2018, 08:32:25 pm »

Wiellste gets to her feet, takes a few experimental steps, and once she's confident in her ability to actually walk, staggers into the warehouse to find Kara. It seems that... several people are already engaged in conversation with the Corven, so Wiellste stands awkwardly nearby, waiting for them to go away go that she can talk to Kara more privately. Though when additions to the Nomad come up, she decides to speak.
"...I think we now have more guns than hands to wield them. I think it would be wise to choose a room on the bore to designate as our armory, so that we can stow those firearms safely. Having rifles laying on the floors while the bore is tilting is a major safety hazard."

How much to set up some gun racks or cases on the bore, so that they're properly secured while we're drilling around? And an "armory" sign to hang up in front of this room? And a counter so I can sit behind it and roleplay as the AM.

Consider what could be done to improve Garo's Ethral rifle, as per his request. Specifically to improve effectiveness against large or armored targets.
One idea could be to use chemical junk extracted from our human corpses in order to create ammo with an explosive or corrosive punch.
Consider what could be done with no tools, with a general crafting station, and with a specialized gun smithing station.

Spoiler: Wiellste. x_u (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 09:01:22 pm by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 27, 2018, 08:38:57 pm »

"Well, with so many things here for us to salvage, I was hoping to improve this rifle a tad. Gotta make sure it has a better punch, in case we end up dealing with armored creatures. Especially because I have no idea what we are going to do next, so if we do end up doing something risky, it is always good to be ready to deal with all sorts of creatures."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 27, 2018, 08:47:28 pm »

"Well, with so many things here for us to salvage, I was hoping to improve this rifle a tad. Gotta make sure it has a better punch, in case we end up dealing with armored creatures. Especially because I have no idea what we are going to do next, so if we do end up doing something risky, it is always good to be ready to deal with all sorts of creatures."

"More punch, huh? Well, I suppose we could try and up the bore diameter of the rifle. Make it fire a larger caliber shot and all that jazz. But I'm left to wonder if you're not better off just buying one of them glass eye rifles at that point. Alternatively, you could focus on the bullets themselves. Maybe up the grain count, or give them a metal jacket for extra penetration.

At least, them's my thoughts on it. Wiellste is probably more at home with firearms in general, if you want a second opinion."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 27, 2018, 08:56:27 pm »

"Hmm. Increasing effectivity against large creatures is tricky. Not exactly just an attachment you can slap on. Increasing the length of the barrel would improve muzzle velocity, but might make the weapon harder to use. Increasing the caliber would require a complete rebuild; may as well buy a new weapon at that point. We might be able to boost the power by using non-standard ammo. Something explosive, or maybe an acid? I could handle that, provided someone supplies the requisite material... Maybe useful reagents can be found in the corpses we have found?
Alternatively, perhaps Kara could lend you enough money to simply buy a better gun in Anvil. Something like the human-made Glass Eye? I hear it's not very common, but quite powerful in the right hands."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 27, 2018, 09:10:06 pm »

"For now it might be better to stick with a different type of ammo. I doubt these glass rifles are cheap, and I would rather not bother Kara with such absurd request, it is better to work with what we have here. Corrosive or armor-piercing ammo can do the job, if you are able to manufacture these."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 27, 2018, 09:16:43 pm »

"Yes, give me a moment to consider the design. I will need assistance with materials. At the moment I personally own only the clothes on my back and a single Fathom."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 27, 2018, 09:20:31 pm »

"Pretty sure you won't be walking out of here just with that. There are a lot of corpses here, so it is safe to assume there are weapons and other materials laying around, but we probably will have to sort them out."

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 28, 2018, 03:25:27 am »

Scavenge around town for anything useful until it's time to go back to the bore.

Spoiler: Aigresaur (click to show/hide)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #762 on: August 28, 2018, 06:08:54 am »

Spoiler: RP (click to show/hide)
Kara held up the piece of paper and handed it to the others.
"Can you take a look at this, make sure I haven't made any mistakes? And please circulate it amongst the others. I want to know what everyone thinks."

Spoiler: Equipment split (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 07:03:25 am by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 28, 2018, 08:01:51 am »

AsHul expresses interest in the shrine testing job, and asks for more information as to what that would entail. ((I'm assuming a group vision?))
He also asks if there are other organizations in town that might also have work worthy of a nomad bore crew. Work compatible with the Church's doctrines, naturally. Should there be such, he will go place to place requesting info on those jobs.

To Kara, before he left:
"I am always available to advise and counsel regarding Diving, to the best of my ability. And I too know how precious it is to have someone hear one's voice. If you'll excuse me, I wish to visit the local place of worship."

To the planning group, upon return:
"I have spoken with the local parish. They have a job offer for us. They wish to test a newly built shrine. Some or all of us may find it to be an interesting opportunity."

As for your equipment split, I see nothing unreasonable here. I can't say if you missed anything for anyone else, but would you mind allowing me a few of the worm's bloods, and perhaps some of the rope? Rope is such a useful item."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 28, 2018, 08:03:43 am »

There's too much people here. Go back to the bore and find a more calm place.

Investigate my Black Flame. I'm sure the church guys had Empyrean nails made of the same material, so I wonder if this can also do miracles like they did. Try cutting the air?

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 231