Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385958 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: 🤮
« Reply #840 on: September 04, 2018, 02:02:33 pm »

"Disgusting. The danger has passed, but I'd rather not let this mess fester. And so there's still work to be done."

Ew. Need to clean this up. Do we have mops somewhere around here? Probably buckets, too, to carry the remains out of the bore in. I suppose we should try for something resembling a proper burial...

If we don't already have what we need, I'll go into town and buy a few mops, a few buckets, some kind of sterilizing fluid.
Pending approval from everyone else, that can probably come out of our common budget because we'll certainly be needing them again.
If not, I'll ask Kara to pay me the 70 fathoms promised and use that money.

Spoiler: Wiellste... -_o (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 02:17:56 pm by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #841 on: September 04, 2018, 02:31:39 pm »

The Abomination peers over the shoulder of the Shluck, reading teh note that the Dead One has presented.

"Noble Shluck. I must object to inviting this one along. She is a Heretic. A Blasphemer. She seeks the Surface, like a madman. A fool, and a dangerous one at that. One who seeks the Surface invites greater calamities upon us than any we have encountered yet."
Clate flinches and takes a step away from Ashul.

"Gah! By my grandpa's tentacle, don't sneak up on a guy like that!

Well, ahem, your religious beliefs aside, having another noble deceased on the team will probably help us on our journey and for other goals."
He rubs the fore-, middle finger and thumb of his right metal hand together, indicating money. "Considering how our current noble deceased has worked out so far, even though he is more than a little odd, I'd say this one would be a good addition."

Clate flips to very final page on his clipboard. "However, Abdul, your opinion..." He writes something down with a flourish. "is certainly noted, and will be put forward to the relevant bore members post-haste."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 04, 2018, 02:33:04 pm »

Nyw, the danger passed, leaves the others and returns to the small pile of weapons he dropped, earlier.  He looks down at the pile of weapons.  Then he remembers that he intended to buy a rig to carry the weapons with.  And that requires money.  Which he just refused to take from Kara.  He sighs.

Nyw then returns to Kara, explains the above and requests some money, then if given any accompanies Wiellste into town and buys some sort of harness that he can wear over his armor, and strap his weapons to.

Nyw will collect some of the largest garmest off of a couple giard corpses, and carry them along with him, to eventually be turned into harnesses to carry his weapons on.  No rush though.  For now, he'll just hold onto the ball of cloth, and stay near Wiellste, watching over her.

Oh, and also, I forgot to put my skillpoint into something.  Nyw now has level 1 in Murakumo.

Hotfire90

« Reply #843 on: September 04, 2018, 03:01:14 pm »

Alex walked out of the store with a smile on his face, he was quite happy obtaining a small fortune for himself. On his way back to the bore he spots Clate and walks up to him.

"Oh hey, what are you two up to? And who's this?" Alex asks, pointing at the honored dead.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 04, 2018, 03:10:42 pm »

"Oh hey, what are you two up to? And who's this?" Alex asks, pointing at the honored dead.
"I am currently shopping around and trying to get us a discount on our bore upgrades. This noble deceased wants to work, so I suggested she join our crew. Abdul here disagrees with allowing her to join because she's a heretic or something."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 04, 2018, 03:21:30 pm »

Aprouch Vikkan and present the mechanical arm (wrapped up all pretty with a bow) I bought.
”I don’t know exactly what you did in that ruin, but from what the Church guy said, it must have been important. I came away from that with a bit more than most people, so I want to do my part to repay that.”
Then go to Kara and present the other mechanical arm.
”Not many of us have made sacrifices for each other the way you have. Some of us, like me, bennifited when others lost. I’d like to do what I can to balance out where I fit in that dynamic.“
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 05:08:17 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hotfire90

« Reply #846 on: September 04, 2018, 03:43:55 pm »

"A heretic, really? I don't see any reason why she shouldn't join, we can always use more hands.
Since you mentioned bore upgrades, do we have an idea what we want? I was a little busy getting rich, so I might've missed any plans we made."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 04, 2018, 04:04:23 pm »

"A heretic, really? I don't see any reason why she shouldn't join, we can always use more hands.
Since you mentioned bore upgrades, do we have an idea what we want? I was a little busy getting rich, so I might've missed any plans we made."

"Well" Clate checks his clipboard "We want a general workshop and general crew quarters and furniture for sure. Those are getting bought no matter what, I believe. Then a chemical workshop, weapons workshop, expanded life support systems and bore brain upgrade are things that are on the table, but not decided yet."

Hotfire90

« Reply #848 on: September 04, 2018, 04:28:12 pm »

"Sounds good, though I'd like the chemical and weapons workshops to be included as essential upgrades. I think 400 fathoms should be enough to cover the cost for both workshops."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #849 on: September 04, 2018, 04:29:23 pm »

Kara addresses Wiellste's request for mop money.
"Some cleaning supplies sounds fine to me. In fact, this warehouse also needs some cleaning. And repairs. Now, I don't think we should sell the warehouse and I think everyone else agrees. So if we are to keep it, maybe you should also check to see what we need to repair it. Maybe also check its security."
She turned to address the others in the room
"Unless anyone here disagrees?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 04, 2018, 04:35:14 pm »

"... Well, that solves that I suppose. I do wonder if we couldn't have saved him, had we been slower on the trigger. Oh well, too late for that now I suppose. Clean shooting either way."

Then, turning away from the bloody mess for a moment and making an effort not to retch as the guts messily plop down to the floor.

"So anyway, about that paper slip, I do like that we'll be keeping some money for bore upgrades, since it seems we'll be needing them. However, it seems to me this wasn't exactly discussed with the rest of the survivors, now was it? I'd like to see some more group involvement in things that affect the entirety of the crew in the future.

As for the division itself, it appears workable enough I suppose, though the range seems rather large to me. It's true that not all of the crew was equally vital to the effort, but honestly, we were all forced into this at bombpoint. It's not like they signed up for this or were prepared for any of it. Secondly, you are clearly selling yourself short. Don't know if it's out of shyness or what, but I'd say you either allow yourself a more balanced pay, or accept some of mine. If only to replace or accommodate the arm you sacrificed for our teammate. Fair's fair."

What does the bore have in terms of communications and sensors currently?

Could I please get the price for the following bore upgrades:
1) Hospital/medical ward
2) Built in external elevator platform
3) loading dock
4) containment vault

Also, what is the price of a portable radio that can send and receive at decent range? Looking for something handheld at the largest, not a backpack or something.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 03:01:25 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 04, 2018, 05:38:57 pm »

"Sounds good, though I'd like the chemical and weapons workshops to be included as essential upgrades. I think 400 fathoms should be enough to cover the cost for both workshops."
"You'd think so, but the general workshop is already 250 fathoms if we get it ready made. I can only assume the specialized workshops will be even more expensive, or at least on par. The general one is only 150 fathoms for parts, but that bears the risk of us fucking up while assembling it, wasting the parts.

But unless I can negoatiate a better discount somewhere we may end up looking at spending a minimum of 1000 fathoms on upgrades, so we might just get all of them anyway."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #852 on: September 04, 2018, 07:05:17 pm »

Nyw, the danger passed, leaves the others and returns to the small pile of weapons he dropped, earlier.  He looks down at the pile of weapons.  Then he remembers that he intended to buy a rig to carry the weapons with.  And that requires money.  Which he just refused to take from Kara.  He sighs.

Nyw then returns to Kara, explains the above and requests some money, then if given any accompanies Wiellste into town and buys some sort of harness that he can wear over his armor, and strap his weapons to.

"I have no problem with that. That is the least of the reward you deserve for your assistance. However, if I may suggest an alternative that could save you a trip to the town, you could take some spare clothes from the dead guards and have Wiellste turn them into a suitable way to carry your equipment. After all, it's the same thing anyone in town would do. I doubt anyone has a rig capable of accommodating your impressive size ready-made, they would have to craft it."

"So anyway, about that paper slip, I do like that we'll be keeping some money for bore upgrades, since it seems we'll be needing them. However, it seems to me this wasn't exactly discussed with the rest of the survivors, now was it? I'd like to see some more group involvement in things that affect the entirety of the crew in the future."
"If you believe I did not try hard enough to get everyone involved in this decision, then I apologize, for it was not my intention to do so. I will try to do better in the future. If you believe someone's opinion has not been heard, then, as I said, I and everyone else would be happy to listen. However, in my defense, I discussed the matter with AsHul, Clate, Wiellste, Drett, Vikkan and Nyw. I heard their opinion and acted based on it. I asked them to notify the others and let me know what they said. I'm certain Auft at the very least was informed indirectly because I was informed of her complaints. Even now, I'm saying I'm here to listen to anything anyone has to say. As I listened to Nyw's request for equipment. In my opinion that is a not insignificant effort on my and everyone else's part."

"As for the division itself, it appears workable enough I suppose, though the range seems rather large to me. It's true that not all of the crew was equally vital to the effort, but honestly, we were all forced into this at bombpoint. It's not like they signed up for this or were prepared for any of it."
"That is true."

"Secondly, you are clearly selling yourself short. Don't know if it's out of shyness or what, but I'd say you either allow yourself a more balanced pay, or accept some of mine. If only to replace or accommodate the arm you sacrificed for our teammate. Fair's fair."
"I'm taking as many fathoms as I need. If I need more later I can always work for it. A well equipped bore and a happy team is reward enough for me. As for my arm, it is fine."
Kara took a moment to glance at her dangling sleeve and then back at Adam.
"Well, you know what I mean. I can cope without it. But, like I said, the bore-"

Then go to Kara and present the other mechanical arm.
”Not many of us have made sacrifices for each other the way you have. Some of us, like me, bennifited when others lost. I’d like to do what I can to balance out where I fit in that dynamic.“
Kara looked between Harm and the hand for a couple of seconds, her beak hanging half-open in surprise, before she finally spoke.
"Oh, Harmony, thank you so much!"
She approached Harm, extending her arm as if to touch the prosthetic but then raising it at the last second to give her a hug instead.
"You don't know how happy you make me. This is the best gift anyone has ever given to me. Knowing that you care enough to do this for me... I appreciate that more than anything else."
Kara stood there for a second, the movement of her tail growing less vigorous until it stopped. Then she opened her eyes and blinked the tears away.
"However, I..."
She pulled back to look at Harmony in the eyes with one of her own.
"I hope you will not be offended if I do not use your gift immediately. I've heard... nasty stories regarding limbs sacrificed to the Spheres getting replaced by prosthetics. There's the one about the man who strangled his family in his sleep or the one about the woman whose leg run off on its own to make a nest and... Well, you get the point. Some of those stories are probably just that, stories spread by people with nothing better to do. But just in case they contain some truth in them, I'd like to take the time to research the matter. Both for my sake and everyone else's."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 04, 2018, 07:11:26 pm »

Garos head the gunshots and tilted his head upwards for a moment.
"It seems a decision was taken after all. We probably should check if everyone is unharmed."
Garos took his share of what was going to be divided between them, leaving behind the money in case the crew needed it to upgrade the bore before making his way towards the birb woman.
"What exactly happened here? I was outside, so I only received partial information of the diving issue we had...Followed by the sound of gunfire."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #854 on: September 04, 2018, 07:53:20 pm »

"Well, it looks like that Shang-gei abomination somehow turned herself into this... thing."
Kara said, indicating the flesh spread all over the room.
"What's worse she was still alive, despite being like that. In the center of the room there was some sort of portal. We think it probably led to a Spirit Quest, those pocket dimensions that often hide powerful artifacts in them. I wasn't sure killing the abomination without some time to consider it was the right thing to do, but Nyw thought it would be cruel to keep her alive at that state and, well... You probably know how rigid honored dead can be when it comes to doing the right thing." she said that last part while whispering.
"Nyw would had gone in to stab it, so me and our Shang-gei friend here decided it would be best to shoot it from a distance instead. Safer that way. After she died the portal closed. And that's pretty much what happened."
She turned to look at the room for a second before looking back at Garos.
"I'm not happy about what happened, but at least it's over now."
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 231