Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385832 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #855 on: September 04, 2018, 08:10:44 pm »

"Not over until it smells over." Wiellste observes.
"...I have antennae you know. Once the meat smell gets into those, the smell isn't going away until you clean them with water. God, I died today. That happened today. I need some sleep."
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #856 on: September 04, 2018, 09:51:26 pm »

Nyw nods at Kara after she responds to him, patiently waiting until there's a break in her other coversations to speak.  "A wise suggestion, little bird.  I thank you, and shall follow your advice."  He looks down at Wiellste, complaining about her exhaustion, and quietly adds a few more words for her benefit. "...at some point in the future.  There is no rush."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 04, 2018, 10:34:18 pm »

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Auft exclaims in a slightly-too-saccharine tone, "How do you feel about surgical enhancements?"

After giving them a moment to react, she continues.

"How do you feel about danger? The unknown? Questionable actions taken for the benefit of your kind overlord?"

Prod slaves again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 05, 2018, 03:02:39 am »

While standing around Clate, and two other folks she assumed were her colleagues, Cara could only stare at the one who assumed to speak for her, facing them fully and only speaking after the others have.

The Abomination peers over the shoulder of the Shluck, reading teh note that the Dead One has presented.

"Noble Shluck. I must object to inviting this one along. She is a Heretic. A Blasphemer. She seeks the Surface, like a madman. A fool, and a dangerous one at that. One who seeks the Surface invites greater calamities upon us than any we have encountered yet."

"Do you know something not in my writing? I seek learning, not the surface. Others have written the paper for me."

um...stick with the nice merchant person and their one strange paranoid colleague

Spoiler: Sheet (Honored Dead) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 03:04:10 am by Tiruin »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #859 on: September 05, 2018, 07:07:56 am »

Sorry, but I completely lost interest on Lokam. He's going to the local church and retire with plans of making a pilgrimage, leaving his Black Book and Black Flame to Adam before leaving the bore for good.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)

This is the new character sheet. It's a work in progress.

Spoiler: New Mole-Man Character (click to show/hide)

Before continuing it, I have a few questions.
Spoiler: A few questions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 06:57:10 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 05, 2018, 07:42:01 am »

The Abomination peers over the shoulder of the Shluck, reading teh note that the Dead One has presented.

"Noble Shluck. I must object to inviting this one along. She is a Heretic. A Blasphemer. She seeks the Surface, like a madman. A fool, and a dangerous one at that. One who seeks the Surface invites greater calamities upon us than any we have encountered yet."
Clate flinches and takes a step away from Ashul.

"Gah! By my grandpa's tentacle, don't sneak up on a guy like that!

Well, ahem, your religious beliefs aside, having another noble deceased on the team will probably help us on our journey and for other goals."
He rubs the fore-, middle finger and thumb of his right metal hand together, indicating money. "Considering how our current noble deceased has worked out so far, even though he is more than a little odd, I'd say this one would be a good addition."

Clate flips to very final page on his clipboard. "However, Abdul, your opinion..." He writes something down with a flourish. "is certainly noted, and will be put forward to the relevant bore members post-haste."
"Noble Shluck, 'Religious views aside' as you say. First, this Dead One seeks something which will put it on the wrong side of the single most powerful organization in the Local Area, and will set her on a path toward dangers great enough to cause even that organization pause. It troubles me that you are so dismissive of even the possibility of the danger outweighing the gain. I beg of you to take this matter seriously, sir.

Ah, I apologize for startling you with my presence. I am returning to the Bore with news, and to collect some supplies and coin. I have a little shopping to do yet, but I believe we have some opportunities ahead of us."

AsHul ignores the interrupting Human and turns to the Dead One.
"Do you know something not in my writing? I seek learning, not the surface. Others have written the paper for me."
"Many stories speak of the bounty of the world above, of the surface we lost. Mythic nostalgia may blind the faithful from the treasures they have inherited.  Our subterranean world may be harsher than those halcyon dreams of yore but look carefully and all your needs will be satisfied. Be ever mindful for the blessings all around you. That is from the Third Strata. You would do well to ponder it."

AsHul then returns to the bore to speak with the planning group. In particular he will seek out Vikkan and Kara. Upon recieving the note concerning the division of items and monies, he will look it over and glance thoughtfully at Kara.
"I gladly accept the payment as outlined. I have some items to purchase. Anything that remains after that, consider at your disposal for bore and warehouse upgrades and repairs. Shall we get these Fathoms exchanged for something more easily divided?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 05, 2018, 08:16:30 am »

"Noble Shluck, 'Religious views aside' as you say. First, this Dead One seeks something which will put it on the wrong side of the single most powerful organization in the Local Area, and will set her on a path toward dangers great enough to cause even that organization pause. It troubles me that you are so dismissive of even the possibility of the danger outweighing the gain. I beg of you to take this matter seriously, sir.

Ah, I apologize for startling you with my presence. I am returning to the Bore with news, and to collect some supplies and coin. I have a little shopping to do yet, but I believe we have some opportunities ahead of us."

"Right, yes. It might put it on the wrong side of the church. It, not us. If the liability is too great, they get kicked from the group. As for being dismissive of the possibility of danger, I feel it's only fair. I'm sure there have been many nutters like good Clara here who wanted to research the surface, and I haven't heard of any of them bringing doom and ruin to the underground yet. Now, divers on the other hand like to invite eldtritch horrors onto our doorsteps seemingly every other day. If you want to me to consider kicking the good noble deceased out of our rag-tag little group for being potentially dangerous, I'm going to have to seriously consider lobbying for kicking out all divers as well."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Return
« Reply #862 on: September 05, 2018, 08:48:18 am »

Action Post

After all the conversations and stuff, AsHul will accept 3 Worm's Bloods, 100 ft of rope, and 150 Fathoms from the team stock. He'll then purchase 2 Silent Night (for 10 Fathoms) and one radio that is capable of receiving the Righteous Fury program (and if possible, can send as well, like, a ham radio or something). He will then pay the 10 Fathoms to the Mechanical brain guy, assuming he can get a receipt for his Brass Brain.

"Right, yes. It might put it on the wrong side of the church. It, not us. If the liability is too great, they get kicked from the group. As for being dismissive of the possibility of danger, I feel it's only fair. I'm sure there have been many nutters like good Clara here who wanted to research the surface, and I haven't heard of any of them bringing doom and ruin to the underground yet. Now, divers on the other hand like to invite eldtritch horrors onto our doorsteps seemingly every other day. If you want to me to consider kicking the good noble deceased out of our rag-tag little group for being potentially dangerous, I'm going to have to seriously consider lobbying for kicking out all divers as well."
"You say that as if the Dead One were already a member of the group, with an equal share to all those who have struggled these last twenty four hours. And you have seen with your own eye Divers with much better mastery of the art than those among our crew. Your argument is quite flawed.

Heed my warning or do not. I will tread the path GOD has placed beneath my feet."
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:42:03 am by Ozarck »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 05, 2018, 09:22:28 am »

Sorry, but I completely lost interest on Lokam. He's going to the local church and retire with plans of making a pilgrimage, leaving his Black Book and Black Flame to Adam before leaving the bore for good.

"Are you sure you wish to leave us, brother Lokam? Well, if you are, then I wish you good luck on your future journeys. Before you leave though, will you no longer require your book and black flame? I'll take great care of them if you insist on leaving them here, but I wouldn't want you to regret that decision. Secondly, you should take your share of the money from the mission to help you get settled in your new life."

SNIP
"That does leave a lot of people unaccounted for, however. For example, is there anyone who wants to get back to their old life after all of this? If yes, we should ensure that person has enough to be able to return and isn't left stranded. Lokam, for example.

That said, if the people you mentioned were fine with the general idea then I suppose it's ok for me, if only in the interest of keeping things moving apace. Still, a more formal way might be good for the future...

Anyways, if you are sure that you don't want some my aid to help cope with that missing limb, then I'll go look into helping Clate with the bore upgrades."

"...I have antennae you know. Once the meat smell gets into those, the smell isn't going away until you clean them with water. God, I died today. That happened today. I need some sleep."
"There is still quite some worm's blood in the stock. It might help you calm your nerves a little?" Adam mentioned.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:24:09 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Return
« Reply #864 on: September 05, 2018, 09:36:25 am »

"You say that as if the Dead One were already a member of the group, with an equal share to all those who have struggled these last twenty four hours. And you have seen with your own eye Divers with much better mastery of the art than those among our crew. Your argument is quite flawed.

Hed my warning or do not. I will tread the path GOD has placed beneath my feet."

"You really can't expect me to compare those church sanctioned pro divers with the dregs on our bore, come on now.

Also, why do you distrust this noble deceased so much more than the people we were forced to team up with? Shucks, for all you know I got kicked out of Shluck society for being a serial killer, targeting lowly merchants and using their tentacles to make sculptures to leave in public places. Then I wandered around, stabbing homeless people in their sleep and arranging their entrails to depict parodies of scenes from the classic Shluck play 'The importance of being Shluck', before those ruffians caught me and slapped a bomb collar on me.

I mean, as a hypotethical example of course. That didn't actually happen. But any one of us could have a dark and dangerous secret like that. This noble deceased is up front with having an interest in a slightly unconventional topic of research, and I feel like we should give her the benefit of the doubt."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 05, 2018, 09:43:29 am »

"Are you sure you wish to leave us, brother Lokam? Well, if you are, then I wish you good luck on your future journeys. Before you leave though, will you no longer require your book and black flame? I'll take great care of them if you insist on leaving them here, but I wouldn't want you to regret that decision. Secondly, you should take your share of the money from the mission to help you get settled in your new life."

"It's okay, please keep the book. I feel you might need His teachings more than I, and I won't need money in my pilgrimage. I don't deserve money for what I did."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Hotfire90

« Reply #866 on: September 05, 2018, 11:27:09 am »

Stick with Clate and check out the cost of buying the assembled chemical and gun workshops as well as the cost of buying the required parts for both.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 05, 2018, 01:17:59 pm »

1. Talk some more to occult shop lady. "Terribly rude of me for not doing so earlier, might I ask if you'd be so kind to tell me your name? I think some of my friends would also be very interested in coming to this shop."
2.These GTA guys are stingy, giving a bad name to Shluck everywhere. Go to other boreyard vendors and tell them the GTA guys are willing to give us a 15% discount when spending at least 1000 fathoms, and persuade them to give us a better discount so we'd shop with them instead.
3. Try to find a non-GTA shop that would buy my gold cubes for at least 95 fathoms each. If none are to be found, find out the highest bidder instead.
4. How much would it be to get something that's as effective as a mail shirt but made to attach to my exosuit, so it covers the parts where my real body and head are? Also 20 fathoms like a mail shirt?
5. Out of curiosity, what are the stats for the knives and the rifles we looted and are currently in the loot pile?

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 04:47:20 am by Pancaek »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 05, 2018, 02:38:08 pm »

"An unfortunate turn of events, Kara. But I am still...Surprised someone chose to dive so soon after what we went through in that place."
Garos carefully began to attach the heavy armor onto his body before he tilted his head upwards again.
"Killing her probably was the safest option. Diving is too unpredictable, who knows what could have happened if we left that portal open? So don't blame yourself for this. Also I will only be taking the equipment, you can keep the Fathoms. "
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 05, 2018, 03:54:34 pm »

Help Kara clean up the bore. Search for anything useful that the body will no longer need.

Spoiler: Aigresaur (click to show/hide)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 231