Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385791 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #915 on: September 08, 2018, 11:39:06 pm »

"Mm.  I do not mean to discourage your excitement, Little Bird, but might it be a bit early to begin announcing... 'our' achievements?  Truthfully, this group has done little of note or worth, and what it has accomplished was done under duress, threat of death.  If it were not for the grace of the Chthonic church, few if any of us would still be alive, and certainly not wealthy, nor proud."  Nyw pauses, and looks away from Kara, at the newly-arrived mole, then at Wiellste.  His gaze returns to Kara after a couple seconds, and he resumes speaking.  "...What I mean to say, is that if you... if our priority is popularity, perhaps we ought to gain it through tangible achievement, rather than baseless bragging to those whose reason we've disabled, hmm?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #916 on: September 09, 2018, 12:51:50 am »

Vikkan left as soon as it was clear things were going to get awkward if he remained and graciously overslept inside the safety of the bore's control room, in part due to his weakened state and also due to exhaustion. It was a nice, calm shelter and it just felt like home.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Return
« Reply #917 on: September 09, 2018, 01:33:19 am »

My Black Book is a copy. No one has given me a Black Book. I know Lokam's Black Book is a real one and has all the stanzas, but Adam has it.

ASHul takes a survey of who will be going on teh Relic Vision. Below is his list of people to check.

Investing one Skill point into Weapon: Guitar

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 11:10:11 am by Ozarck »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 09, 2018, 02:17:29 am »

for the jeweler, how much materials would need to be transported? A docking bay won't be necessary I assume? How much would he be paying?

For the pilgrims, I assume us getting a regular crew quarters is sufficient?

Do we need to worry about things like food and water or bore fuel and the like?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 02:21:17 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 09, 2018, 04:39:02 am »

(Responding to AsHul and the Relic Dive quest)
”Huh, sure. I mean, I guess. Nothing really seems to be going on right now, so unless something more… tangible …come up. Though there is one thing I wanted to do first. Might take me a bit, but if I’m not ready, don’t wait up.”
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #920 on: September 09, 2018, 08:56:37 am »

Wiellste rubs away a bit of dust that has settled on her eye.
"Oh, okay. Do you want me to come along?"
"Yeah, sure, the more the merrier! Though it looks like people are not that interested in going, at the moment. Maybe you can sleep in for a while longer, if you want." Kara said from where she sat on top of a box.

The doors of the warehouse open as a star-nosed Mole-man enters, sniffing the air and slowly moving towards the pile of human bodies. After inspecting them from a distance, Kalagony loudly coughs to catch Kara's attention.

"Excuse me, lady. I was passing by when I couldn't help but notice the strong smell of blood, which guided me to this fine pile of fresh corpses. Say, are you the owner of the nearby Bore?"

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
"Those are thugs of the Iron Teeth gang. The Church killed them and gave us this warehouse and the bore as a reward for our help. I hold documents that prove that it is so."

"Mm.  I do not mean to discourage your excitement, Little Bird, but might it be a bit early to begin announcing... 'our' achievements?  Truthfully, this group has done little of note or worth, and what it has accomplished was done under duress, threat of death.  If it were not for the grace of the Chthonic church, few if any of us would still be alive, and certainly not wealthy, nor proud."  Nyw pauses, and looks away from Kara, at the newly-arrived mole, then at Wiellste.  His gaze returns to Kara after a couple seconds, and he resumes speaking.  "...What I mean to say, is that if you... if our priority is popularity, perhaps we ought to gain it through tangible achievement, rather than baseless bragging to those whose reason we've disabled, hmm?"
Kara looked down and gave the honored dead the iciest look she could muster. She began trying to speak calmly but couldn't contain her anger, the intensity of her voice rising as she spoke.
"I wouldn't call our achievements nothing. True, we might not be as powerful as heroes of legend. True, the church is the most powerful in this story, Deus ex Lapis arriving to save the day. But the Church did not give us this out of pity. It was a fair reward for what we did and compensation for what happened to us. What we did is NOT nothing and I will NOT tolerate you insulting this group by calling it that!" she shouted, pointing an accusatory finger at him.
She couldn't really do anything to him, but in her anger she didn't mind the baselessness of her threat.

She took a moment to take a deep breath and continued more calmly.
"We discovered wonders, we struggled, we sacrificed, we came together as a group and we achieved our goal. Isn't that what great stories are made of?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #921 on: September 09, 2018, 09:01:57 am »

Did Vikkan have an intact black flame chain around his neck? Could he had easily removed the black flame from the chain before using it? Do they have clips or something like that?

Is the composition and construction method of the anodized black steel the church uses for black flames known? Could we make more of it?

What is the price for equipment storage/lockers for the bore? Some weapon racks are 5 fathoms based on previous questions so maybe around 25-30?

What's the price for a Diving sanctuary? Does it have a lot of equipment? Because if not, I'd imagine it's cheap.

Can you give a price for increasing the bore brain stat so it can shoot better? Or is that too much effort, better to buy a new bore?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 06:05:30 pm by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 09, 2018, 09:05:07 am »

AsHul approaches Clate as the latter crafts.
"Greetings, Noble Shluck. As you know, we have been offered a job by the local house of worship. I think you might find it an interesting experience, and possibly profitable as well. Are you ... say, is that a guitar? That's quite interesting. I have been thinking of taking up a stringed instrument lately. Music soothes the soul, after all, does it not?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 09, 2018, 09:11:41 am »

Clate is still looking at the guitar, distracted

"Ah yes, yes. I'm certainly willing to join you once I conclude my business here in town. Shouldn't be long now. As for this guitar, I'll admit the finish using artisinal guardbone on the metal body came out rather good. But, uh, while the sound is as would be expected, it has this...well, hear it for yourself." Clate strums the guitar. "Hear that? I'm not sure why it does this. I personally think it adds a certain je ne sais quoi to the sound, but other might disagree."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 09, 2018, 09:17:11 am »

"Curious. It sounds haunting. Very curious indeed.
I wonder if this would work with, or against the music? perhaps it will do nothing one way or the other. No mater.
Oh, I apologize. Noble Shluck, did you make this guitar for a purpose? Would you be willing to make one for me? For a price, of course."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 09, 2018, 09:25:44 am »

"Originally, I wanted a guitar to trade in with Polyantha. But I've put a bit too much effort in it for it to possibly end up in a dusty box in a storage room somewhere.
Hmm, tell you what. Since we are on the same bore team, a special price for you. I'll trade you this guitar for 16 fathoms or trade it for an interesting item."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 09, 2018, 09:59:17 am »

"Sixteen fathoms? Would you be willing to put together a second one as well, without the Occult parts? sell both to me for thirty?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 09, 2018, 10:01:36 am »

"Sixteen fathoms? Would you be willing to put together a second one as well, without the Occult parts? sell both to me for thirty?"
"That seems like an acceptable deal. Will you be wanting a second electric guitar, or an acoustic one?"
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 10:07:16 am by Pancaek »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 09, 2018, 10:10:26 am »

"I think acoustic would be good. maybe decorate it with natural elements, like stone and water? perhaps something that reflects or emits light? I think these elements could add an affinity for Spheres that the Electric Occult guitar we have here does not have. What do you think?"
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 10:59:13 am by Ozarck »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 09, 2018, 10:16:42 am »

"I think acoustic would be good. maybe decorate it with natural elements, like stone and water? perhaps something that reflects or emits light? I think these elements could add an affinity for Spheres that the Electric Occult guitar we have here does not have. What do you think?"
"Hmm. Perhaps an inlay of reflective stones? Or perhaps some decorations with bioluminescent material? Something like that?

These material might raise the price by a few fathoms, maybe."
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 231