Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385849 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #930 on: September 09, 2018, 10:58:46 am »

"I will, of course, pay costs for additional materials."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 09, 2018, 11:18:42 am »

(Responding to AsHul and the Relic Dive quest)
”Huh, sure. I mean, I guess. Nothing really seems to be going on right now, so unless something more… tangible …come up. Though there is one thing I wanted to do first. Might take me a bit, but if I’m not ready, don’t wait up.”
"Do what you need to do, of course. Excuse my impatience, I am rather interested in this mission. I have never experienced a Communal Vision before."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 09, 2018, 01:18:26 pm »

"Those are thugs of the Iron Teeth gang. The Church killed them and gave us this warehouse and the bore as a reward for our help. I hold documents that prove that it is so."

Kalagnoy just shrugs at the mention of the gang.

"Chthonics, "thugs, criminals, slaves... They all bleed the same. It doesn't matter who they were, they're dead now and nothing will change that. Except maybe necromancy, of course."

He then moves closer to Kara and sniffs the air around her.

"Hmmm, you seem like the kind of person that unwittingly attracts conflicts and suddenly finds themselves in the middle of fights without knowing how or why. I like fights, so would you mind if I join your group?"

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #933 on: September 09, 2018, 01:48:36 pm »

Kara watched the newcomer carefully.
"And you have the appearance of the kind of person who likes to end fights" Kara said indicating the deadly claws of his mechanical arm "which is exactly what a person like me might need."
She extended her remaining arm at him for a handshake.
"I'm Kara. I help organise things around here. Don't make any trouble, help our fame grow, support the expeditions, play nice with the others and we'll do just fine. You'll find that people here are hard-working, honorable and willing to help each other. Interfere with our expeditions, smear our name or mess with our people and I'll be sure to make you regret it. Are you fine with that?"

Hotfire90

« Reply #934 on: September 09, 2018, 01:54:04 pm »

Buy 8 structural junk and a grappling hook. Check if any shops are selling gas mask and flak vests and compare their price with the cost of buying the materials and crafting one.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 09, 2018, 02:06:41 pm »

Just take a nap for now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 09, 2018, 02:23:31 pm »

1. Shopping for parts for two acoustic guitars: 6 structural junk (12 fathoms), turquoise (10 fathoms), Bag of shells (3 fathoms) = 25 fathoms total.

2. Process the bag of shells to make abalone mother of pearl

3. Craft the first guitar. Acoustic, with turquise for the wave inlays and around the edges, and the mother of pearl to make the white bits of the wave.

4. Craft acoustic guitar number 2: A regular acoustic guitar with bones parts from my guard corpse where applicable, and also some bone inlays. Get creative with it, I guess, I should have enough bone and corpse bits for an artistic touch.

5. Trade in strandbeest crystal baby and 100 fathoms to Polyantha. Examine what I get in return.
"I've decided it will be this little guy. Goodbye pal, you be good now."

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 09, 2018, 03:59:41 pm »

"We've recently come into possession of a Bore," Auft explains to her new acquisition on the way back, "so you'll likely be serving aboard that. But first, we have a few... perishable materials lying about."

Bring slave back to warehouse.

Unless I'm interrupted by the music of the damned, try to make a spine beetle: Human vertebra for a body, fingerbones for legs, teeth for mandibles, etc. Ideally it'd be a living animal, but an unholy construct is fine. Sacrifice a human heart to give it life/animation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 09, 2018, 06:33:24 pm »

"And you have the appearance of the kind of person who likes to end fights" Kara said indicating the deadly claws of his mechanical arm "which is exactly what a person like me might need."
"I'm Kara. I help organise things around here. Don't make any trouble, help our fame grow, support the expeditions, play nice with the others and we'll do just fine. You'll find that people here are hard-working, honorable and willing to help each other. Interfere with our expeditions, smear our name or mess with our people and I'll be sure to make you regret it. Are you fine with that?"

Kalagony retracts the mechanical claws from his right arm for the handshake.

"You may call me as Kalagony. And I will gladly end any enemy in your way. Maybe even teach you my technique, if you wish to. But first, would you please introduce me your allies? I would like to know who will be the ones who will fight by my side."

Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 09, 2018, 06:49:32 pm »

Wiellste rubs away a bit of dust that has settled on her eye.
"Oh, okay. Do you want me to come along?"
"Yeah, sure, the more the merrier! Though it looks like people are not that interested in going, at the moment. Maybe you can sleep in for a while longer, if you want." Kara said from where she sat on top of a box.
"Ahhh." Wiellste says, immediately laying back down.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #940 on: September 09, 2018, 06:54:14 pm »

Kalagony retracts the mechanical claws from his right arm for the handshake.

"You may call me as Kalagony. And I will gladly end any enemy in your way. Maybe even teach you my technique, if you wish to. But first, would you please introduce me your allies? I would like to know who will be the ones who will fight by my side."

"Kalagony... Hm. I like it. The name of a famous fighter or someone destined to be one. Nice to meet you. Now, let me show you to your new teammates."

"They might not trust you that much at first, but that will change in your first expedition. We're currently preparing upgrades for the bore as well as a relic vision for the church.

((Gotta go to sleep so I can't write a detailed description. Anybody who wants to RP, feel free to bump in. Or you can just go to whomever you want.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 10, 2018, 01:05:18 am »

Kara looked down and gave the honored dead the iciest look she could muster. She began trying to speak calmly but couldn't contain her anger, the intensity of her voice rising as she spoke.
"I wouldn't call our achievements nothing. True, we might not be as powerful as heroes of legend. True, the church is the most powerful in this story, Deus ex Lapis arriving to save the day. But the Church did not give us this out of pity. It was a fair reward for what we did and compensation for what happened to us. What we did is NOT nothing and I will NOT tolerate you insulting this group by calling it that!" she shouted, pointing an accusatory finger at him.
She couldn't really do anything to him, but in her anger she didn't mind the baselessness of her threat.

She took a moment to take a deep breath and continued more calmly.
"We discovered wonders, we struggled, we sacrificed, we came together as a group and we achieved our goal. Isn't that what great stories are made of?"

Nyw nods calmly, before sitting down in front of Kara.  "I apologize for insulting you, Little Bird.  It was not my intention; I... did not quite understand your feelings.  Still.   I must ask you to truly consider what you plan to say publically, to an audience of strangers.  What do you intend to boast of?  Sacrificing your arm, to save the lives of two who risked themselves for freedom, and failed?  Being forced at gunpoint to looting the artifacts of a dead civilization?  Finding companionship and camaraderie among a collection of kidnapped prisoners?"  Nyw shakes his head and lets out a heavy sigh.  "What exactly are you proud of, Kara?  Where were you a week ago, that being kidnapped, threatened, and forced to watch the innocent die, has improved your lot in life?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #942 on: September 10, 2018, 04:22:37 am »

Kara turned her head away in shame, thinking about her home.
"Somewhere worse than here..." she responded quietly.
"Didn't you look at me when you first saw me? I mean really look at me? I was a ten year old Corven from Goldshore, the other side of the Local Area, with nothing to my name other than those torn clothes I'm wearing, a rifle with 7 bullets and some rope. The day I was kidnapped I'd just spent my last fathom on a decent meal. If I hadn't been kidnapped, then right now I would most likely be chained up as a slave or dead. Maybe stealing to eat and hiding to sleep, if I'd been lucky enough."
She jumped down from the box and started walking towards Nyw.
"Now I find myself with a place to sleep, enough fathoms to buy a good meal, good friends, maybe better than I deserve, and the hope of making my dreams come true."
She stopped in front of him and leaned in closer to him, her arm at her side and away from her body, claws clenched, and her tail feathers spread, as if she was trying to make herself look bigger.
"I don't care if it's not up to your high and mighty standards. I earned this. I'm proud of it, and what I did for it. And I'm going to enjoy it." she said quietly.
With that she turned around and started quickly walking away, heading for the exit.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 05:20:04 am by Parisbre56 »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 10, 2018, 07:15:31 am »

Nyw nods calmly, before sitting down in front of Kara.  "I apologize for insulting you, Little Bird.  It was not my intention; I... did not quite understand your feelings.  Still.   I must ask you to truly consider what you plan to say publically, to an audience of strangers.  What do you intend to boast of?  Sacrificing your arm, to save the lives of two who risked themselves for freedom, and failed?  Being forced at gunpoint to looting the artifacts of a dead civilization?  Finding companionship and camaraderie among a collection of kidnapped prisoners?"  Nyw shakes his head and lets out a heavy sigh.  "What exactly are you proud of, Kara?  Where were you a week ago, that being kidnapped, threatened, and forced to watch the innocent die, has improved your lot in life?"

"...You know, you shouldn't apologize for insulting someone and then do it again. I don't know what were you both talking about, but I would probably still be proud of all those things you just said because it takes courage to do them."

"After all... Who's more brave? The warrior that fights without fear, knowing no one can defeat him? Or the prisoner that fights against the odds, fully aware of the risks and still taking them?"

Kalagony also heads for the exit. Apparently the rest of the group were preparing to go on a relic vision. Kalagony decides to go find the group preparing to go on the relic vision, introduce himself and ask if he can participate.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 10, 2018, 07:54:14 am »

AsHul to Kalagony - new recruit and only enthusiastic volunteer for the Relic Vision:
"Another Mole, huh. Last two didn't last long. Who are you, and why do you want to go on our Relic Vision?"
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 231