Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 384535 times)

Hotfire90

Re: DIG
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2018, 03:48:26 pm »

"I'm handy with explosives, brought some TNT even, other than that I'm not too proficient in a fight."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2018, 03:49:17 pm »

Lay on the floor. Arrange all my items around the explosive collar (lay head on book, place fragment under chin, all potions under back of neck, occult junks to the left and right). If I am satisfied that they will all perish with me, and if I am not interrupted by goons, Dive! I assume this is a dangerous situation, what with the explodey and the guys coming to beat me senseless. Take a Silent Night. Head to Balarim for tech, then to Hel for transmute to render the explosive bits inert. Will reinforcing the Tech sphere (Balarim) do anything? If so, spend two rolls there. If not, spend one. Reinforce transmute (Hel) with hmm. Six rolls.

So the final spell will look like:
nerve rolls:
Balarim: 1 or 2
Yengenze: 1 (passage)
Es: 1 (passage)
Hel: 7
Return: 1
Total nerve rolls: 11-12 (at advantage)
Final roll: Balarim (a 60% chance of success) because tech was the material sphere used

« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 04:34:58 pm by Ozarck »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2018, 03:52:48 pm »

"I've got some TNT that I'm handy with as well, but only outside of combat. I have no real combat skills and no weapon I'm even remotely comfortable with. I was planning on slapping together a pipe gun or something, but there isn't even any junk on this bore to use."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2018, 04:00:26 pm »

Time to see if I'm still any good for fieldwork, I suppose.

And I'd say groups of three at least, if'n we have enough manpower. Groups of two, one person goes down, you have no support if you care enough to haul them t' safety. Three, you might have at least one person still fit an' unburdened, and they can hand off to each other as needed.

I can go with jus' about anyone as a decent close-up fighter and maybe even be useful lookin' at the ruins. Don' have a light myself, though. Could stick with you if you want, Vikkan.

Frax follows the others out of the bore and looks around with them as they reconnoiter the area outside the Bore, seeing if this particular ruin has any familiarity to bits he's seen before.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 07:43:07 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2018, 04:03:25 pm »

((Note, pw confirmed on the discord that there is no player limit for this first mission, so there'll be equal opportunity for dying. That said, we'll probably want to organize ourselves a little to make things easier on him (keeping track of who is sticking with who is a bother when there are approximately a thousand of us all running around like ants on speed.))

"Well, from what I've read, it depends on a lot of factors. Military drills or drills in novels for example tend to have impressive names like Stonecrusher or Steelbreaker or Unbreakable. Industrial drills' names are usually more whimsical, like The Deep End or The Turning Point. Then there's differences depending on species, for example humans tend to refer to vessels as female so they might give a bore a female name, perhaps the name of a family member or lover. And then there's differences depending on organization, for example they say the church has such bores as Godseeker or Helpful Pilgrim and that a Schluck merchant merely names his bores with a serial number, you know, 'Number 1', 'Number 2', etc. And pirate bores usually have intimidating names or names of monsters, like Borecrusher or Typhoon or Fenrir. Of course, all that I mostly know from books and stories so it might not be the most reliable information."
((Meaning I made all that up, Piecewise has final authority on the matter.))

"Wow, you sure know a lot about bore naming! I am fairly green when it comes to bore stuff, but I know my way around the church and the deep."

"Excuse me... Do you think we have arrived to our destination? Sincerely, the idea of exploring some ruins and recovering divine artifacts is kinda exciting..."
"Seems to be the case, let's go."

"It might not be a bad idea for us to organize ourselves just a little bit, make sure nobody is going out all alone, you know."

((I'll be making a small list of players and what they're good at to help us get sorted into teams that are effective  will get the job done  aren't completely shit.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2018, 04:15:29 pm »

"Your w-way? Are you from... t-the church too?"

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2018, 05:13:03 pm »

((Made a small table with names and their mission 'role' as I interpret it based on their stats&skills, and whatever relevant exploration gear they have (like lamps or rope). If you disagree with any of it or it is outdated because you edited your charsheet (or god forbid I missed you), don't be afraid to throw a correction at my head.

Spoiler: table of doom (click to show/hide)

I came up with a possible division of peeps into teams based on this list. This is just a suggestion, not everyone might want to go on the mission or people might want to be with certain other people for rp reasons. So feel free to ignore this and make teams as you wish, but something like this should ensure all teams are somewhat balanced (some melee and shooty, a diver, a lamp, a medic if possible).

Team 1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Team 2

Team 3

Again, this is just a possible way of doing this, so take this as a possible guideline (hell, we might not even really need separate teams to search for this thing, who knows).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 04:11:38 pm by Radio Controlled »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2018, 05:14:45 pm »

"Wow, you sure know a lot about bore naming! I am fairly green when it comes to bore stuff, but I know my way around the church and the deep."
"Ah, well, you know, like I said, it's mostly stories. I bet sir Vikkan knows a lot more than I do. But you say you know about the church? Then um..."
Kara got a bit closer and lowered the volume of her voice.
"Do those people look familiar to you? I've heard the church is the most powerful organization amongst humans and whoever kidnapped us appears to be both wealthy and powerful and human."

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2018, 05:43:06 pm »

Vikkan ran a finger around the edges of his mustache, taking a moment to think while grooming his facial hair at the same time. "Since it seems we don't have many combat-capable people I say we stick together at least for the moment. We don't need to be huddled together, mind you, but keeping the entire group at least in visual range of each other will work well enough."

"Who knows? Maybe that relic will be easy enough to find. In case it isn't, we could split in two groups for ease of searching. We only have two people with a doctor's bag and no radios, so any group without our Ethral friends might be in trouble in case of a medical emergency."

"Hence, two groups at most."
he added with a smile.

((We should probably try to keep this simple for both players and GM and not split up just now unless the place's layout is conducive to it. Let's explore a bit first.))

Let's walk around a bit and get a good feel for the place. Are there branching passages? Many paths? An enormous amount of ground to cover that'll require several teams bumbling around?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 07:36:40 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2018, 06:02:23 pm »

"Your w-way? Are you from... t-the church too?"

"Oh, a fellow Chthonic are you? Splendid! Say, what is your favorite chapter in the Book of Truth? I never got my hands on the real deal, only this copy, unfortunately." he says, showing his inferior copy of the holy book.

"Ah, well, you know, like I said, it's mostly stories. I bet sir Vikkan knows a lot more than I do. But you say you know about the church? Then um..."
Kara got a bit closer and lowered the volume of her voice.
"Do those people look familiar to you? I've heard the church is the most powerful organization amongst humans and whoever kidnapped us appears to be both wealthy and powerful and human."

Adam huddles conspiratorially to Kara and whispers "I have no idea who those people are. They might be connected to the church, but this isn't their modus operandi that I am aware off. We'll have to play this cautiously."

Take a look around, use my knowledge of the occult to see if there's anything giving off relic-y vibes, or at least what direction seems most promising to start exploring in.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2018, 06:04:25 pm »

Kara decided to spend a bit more time examining the control room before joining the rest, now that she had the whole thing to herself.
"What do you think, bore? Do you know anything about this place?" she asked the machine as she checked the various readings, knowing it was unlikely it would answer her.

Check the map. Is there any information on this place? Does it look like the bore has been here before?
Edit: If it isn't on the map, then add it. I guess there's no harm in doing so.

Do I know anything about this place? What about this section of the Local Area in general?

Check the machine's instruments. Do any of them appear to be showing any strange readings?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Dunno if it's necessary, but I'm gonna stick this here since I'm using the bore's instruments.
Spoiler: Nomad Bore (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 06:16:50 pm by Parisbre56 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2018, 06:04:40 pm »

((Radio, I am neither an effective gunslinger nor an effective diver. My role is in my name, at least until I can upgrade my character a little. Even then, I intend to mostly focus on improving our firepower.))

Wiellste whispers into the Honored Dead's ear, after examining the device:
"Nyw, this device consists of the metal structural component, locking clasp, timer, explosive, numerous switches to prevent tampering using common tools or diving. Really quite well designed, I wish that I were the one who had made it an not the one wearing it. If you wish to remove this device, I would recommend using the key. However, it should also be possible to Hel-evoke the explosive component into an inert substance. That's risky, though. Don't know if there could be internal switches inside the charge itself. Personally, I'd only trust En-evoking the whole thing. Who knows, maybe the the guards will assume you're on their side, because they'd never have seen you wearing the collar."

Later:
"Um, as I said I'm a gunsmith, so if anyone needs their weapons looked at, talk to me..."

The safest place is wherever Nyw'geuq is. Other than that I don't care where we're going.

Hmm. May as well get the measure of our guard detail. Describe in great detail the guns they're using, please!
More useful but less interesting: is it obvious that they're carrying radio devices to set off the collars? If so, do they all have one? Do the radios have buttons for each of us or just one panic button? Are the obviously carrying keys to the collars, as well?

« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 09:17:32 pm by Egan_BW »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2018, 06:08:41 pm »

"Right, well, I'm sure we'll divide into groups after we've exited the bore. Let's see if there's any juicy junk out there."

Make sure my lantern battery is cranked to full, then head outside of the bore. Look around where we are, what do I see. Try to spot if there's anything in the vicinity I can grab for juicy crafting junk.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2018, 06:18:04 pm »

"Let's try our best!" Auft declared softly, drawing and cocking a long rifle from her cloak.

Exit the bore, follow Vikkan.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2018, 06:18:39 pm »

Moku notices the growing crowd of people exiting the bore, and decides to join, moving a few feet behind the group.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 231