Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385257 times)

Hotfire90

Re: DIG
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2018, 02:47:32 pm »

Drett adjusts his mask, looking down over the cavern, another one of his hand unconsciously stroking an antennae. Well. I suppose so long we stay away from the boiling liquid rocks we should be fine, as there are pathways down there. But getting down there is the real question.

Shall we hop back into the bore and use it to get closer?

"Yeah, let's approach the ruins from a closer angle, and then we can think about how we get to the ruin in one piece."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2018, 02:57:56 pm »

"Wait, how much rope do we have? Could we make a hole in the ceiling and climb straight down? No danger of encountering the worm that way."

Hotfire90

« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2018, 03:05:43 pm »

"There's just two slight problems with that, you don't want to fall and it would be quite a climb back up. Depending on how large the relic is, bringing it back by climbing up a piece of rope may not be practical."
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 03:13:17 pm by Hotfire90 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2018, 03:21:08 pm »

"If we have enough rope, we can always tie the rope to the bore's drive to make an elevator."

Spoiler: Kara's Diary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 02:29:18 am by Parisbre56 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2018, 03:58:56 pm »

The safest place is wherever Nyw'geuq is. Other than that I don't care where we're going.

Hmm. May as well get the measure of our guard detail. Describe in great detail the guns they're using, please!
More useful but less interesting: is it obvious that they're carrying radio devices to set off the collars? If so, do they all have one? Do the radios have buttons for each of us or just one panic button? Are the obviously carrying keys to the collars, as well?

Missed me ya big idiot. <3
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2018, 06:50:58 pm »

Faffing about actions:

If there's a possibility that it could work, search the bore again for pieces of junk I've missed

After/otherwise, I'd like crafting recipes/parts/junk needed for the following:
-Radios/walkie talkies
-Flame/chemical thrower
-Namite. If namite isn't possible, some other flammable liquid, plus points if it sticks like napalm.
-Sticky goop. Goop that sticks, then expands and hardens.
-combat drugs, to enhance dex, str or end.
-regular old hallucinogenic drugs. Anywhere from mild LSD to full on xenospit is fine.
-A guitar/banjo/ukelele. Just instruments in general really. Gotta get that moth idol group going someday.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2018, 08:04:33 pm »

"I agree with the young Corven.  If possible, opening a hole into the chamber from directly above the island would be the best option; even if we cannot create an automatic lift using the bore, it would allow us to manually lower individuals who have been securely tied.  While I am sure some of us would be capable of climbing down to the island from this location, given an Ethral-secured rope, limiting exploration to only capable climbers would be unwise."

((Edit: And then syvarris goes and checks, and it turns out we only have 300ft of rope between all characters; Kara, Clate, and Rick each brought 100ft.  Since the cavern is 400ft tall, this plan's not gonna work.  However, we're only ~130 ft away as the Ethral glides here, so we could set up a zipline and some harnesses.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2018, 09:23:48 pm »

"Turns out splitting up isn't even necessary, at least for now." Vikkan commented, taking off his machinist cap and staring at the magma sea down below with worry etched on his face.

Upon hearing the honored dead's suggestion, the mustachioed human looked around, staring at those present. "Well, how much rope do we have among us? I have none, unfortunately."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2018, 09:27:43 pm »

((Apparently, we do actually have enough rope.  From IRC:))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2018, 07:09:14 am »

Can I tell if there is any angle from which it would be safest to approach to avoid the dragon? Can I detect any pattern in its movements?

How safe would it be to try to reach the top of the ruins via Zipline or by climbing a rope straight down from the ceiling? I'm concerned about the dragon and about being blown away by the winds.

Do the top of the ruins look like they have entrances leading into the ruins? Or at least some windows we could climb through?

Do I know anything about the material the ruins are made of? Does it look like we could break through it with a pick? What about an explosion?

Are there any safe paths through the magma lake to the ruins? Any path of hardened magma or maybe some fallen rock forming a bridge? If yes, how stable/safe does it look?

Edit: simplified the questions a bit

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 06:46:01 am by Parisbre56 »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2018, 07:23:35 am »

Silently sit on the ground and start reading my Black Book to pass time. Maybe I can find something useful for this situation.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Hotfire90

« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2018, 09:24:41 am »

Determine what kind of rock the surrounding area consists of. What minerals do they contain and would they be useful for creating more TNT?

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2018, 04:21:37 pm »

Hmm. What do I know about that worm thing? Does the lava provide enough of an updraft to fly using my wings in here? What about if carrying one end of a rope?

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2018, 06:22:42 pm »

Examine the surrounding area and try to find a safe path for the group to take.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2018, 07:43:15 pm »

Examine the surrounding area, looking for hidden passageways or secret mechanisms to get to the ruin. If you don't find any, ask the others that brought some rope to give you theirs so you can make a zipline with your grappling hook.

((Can I get a bonus to the roll looking for a way to the ruins from my navigation +1 skill or would that be a stretch ?))

Spoiler: 'Good ol rick' (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 231