Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 381122 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2018, 05:54:56 pm »

Drett pauses, his name called. He lets go of a small braid he had woven while in thought. I had many books and plenty of time to read as a youngling. I was fortunate enough to end up in a home wealthy enough to obtain any material I like. And I enjoyed reading on races and civilizations.

Tell me, what is in that book of yours that you cling to?

"What, this old thing? Why, it is the Black Book, the collection of holy teachings of us Chthonics.

...Or rather, this is a copy of said book, and a rather poor one at that it appears."

"Oh... Do you not have your own Book of Truth? Did you lose it somewhere? If so, I can lend you mine...

"Unlike your fellow Ethral, who does have a pristine copy of the most important work of literature in existence.

I'm afraid I never got my hands on a real copy of the book, all we had were copies like this one. I appreciate the offer, I might just take you upon it someday. Well, if our cosmic friend down there doesn't do us in first, I suppose."

"Out of the options we've come up with so far, it seems the one where we drill to above the crystal palace and lower ourselves down might be the safest. However, we should have some way to help those less, ah, acrobatically inclined, from slipping and falling or just bungling along haphazardly. Perhaps a diving bell of sorts could be constructed, or a couple of harnesses to securely attach ourselves?"

Throw a decent sized rock into the cavern, see if the star dragon responds to it in any way.

Does it seem like one of the thugs is their leader?

Could we devise a winch system to let the bore's engines lower or raise the rope?

What parts would we need to build a simple diving bell? What about a set of harnesses? 

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 08:00:45 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2018, 06:43:34 pm »

"It should be... reasonably safe to glide to the ruins from here. From that point, it is a simple matter of securing the line, and the rest climbing down. We should consider the difficulty of returning, however. In this case, I agree with the Honored Dead; we should drill in from above and lower a rope. It shouldn't take too long to drill up there, but it's no good to waste what little time we have left standing here. I propose that we begin drilling immediately. Vikkan, you are our pilot, correct? Would you agree?"

It would seem that no, you cannot trust my fellow Ethral to share the whole story with the class. Knowledge roll please?
What stat might be used to insure no mistakes are made while gliding?

Also, back on the bore, as we're moving.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 10:30:29 pm by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 28, 2018, 07:05:52 pm »

Allright, so there's no loose junk strewn about anymore. Are there any things on the bore I could grab and deconstruct, things I can grab without affecting the workings of the bore or angering our captors? Spare chairs, beds, non-essential machinery, etc?

Also, what are the recipes for:
- 1,2 or 3 barrel shotgun?
- An extremely simple pistol, like the Welrod? Basically a barrel with grip and a bolt that you manually twist open, put a round into the chamber and close it up again. Or perhaps like the FP-45 Liberator pistol, of which the total manufacturing cost was around 2 dollars during WWII. I'm trying to get a cheapo firearm into our roster, since the cheapest one right now is like 40 fathoms.
- A breach loading/break action rifle. Basically a rifle like the Martini-Henry that only loads one bullet at a time.
- Mustard gas or similar poison gasses. Gotta get that chemical warfare going.
- Moar explosives, since the TNT I bought ain't gonna last forever.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 28, 2018, 08:16:53 pm »

Upon hearing that the squirming mass is in fact a construct, the abomination will attempt to dive, warding her clothing against advance technology

Traveling to Balarim, then Jal: 3 roll
Reinforce Jal: 5
Reinforce Balarim: 2

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 08:53:33 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 28, 2018, 08:51:41 pm »

Continue observing the others from my sitting spot. I don't really have any useful skills or abilities for this situation.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 28, 2018, 08:58:20 pm »

Im going to conduct a thorough search of our area. Specifically, I’m looking at objects. Any ores, useful crystals, and anything else, like debris, that might be useful or informative about the area.
In the unlikely even that I do find something useful, stow it on the bore. Then get back in the bore  before it leaves.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 11:41:47 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 28, 2018, 10:01:06 pm »

Garos shrugged in response. "Well, that was just my suggestion, but if there are safer ways to reach our destination we should take them. As long as we are completely sure they are safe methods, of course, as we still need to worry about that creature nearby."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 28, 2018, 10:28:48 pm »

"We might as well prepare for the case we take that path, so get back on and let's try that. Like I said, spelunking isn't my forte."

Get back into the bore and drill up, then carefully downwards, in order to make a hole at the top of the cauldron, roughly over the ruins but preferentially not over the castle with the horrible worm.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2018, 01:04:02 am »

"Would it perhaps make sense to drill sideways, at the top of the bell? I'm not sure, but I'm thinking that might give us a better platform to stand on, if we need to do anything outside the drill. Or do you think the ceiling would be too unstable and there would be a chance of falling?"

((I'm proposing something like this:))
Edit: Piecewise said the cavern is more egg shaped than Bell shaped, I'll update the map accordingly
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 07:53:44 am by Parisbre56 »

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2018, 04:28:24 am »

((When I say you, that actually means Rick. I always write actions this way, it's an old habit, but I guess I'll change it to third person for more clarity)).

"Ah don't know if it's a good idea tah drill thru the ceiling with tah bore. Don't look too sturdy if ya ask me, it could easily collapse, and then... Well, that worm will be eating molten bore for breakfast." Rick says, before laughing hoarsely.

Rick then pauses and looks around, seemingly examining the cave, before resuming talking.

"'s probably a better bet for one of us tah climb his way there and leave a rope behind for others to traverse.  If there's no other voluntaries, ah can do it." he then proposes. A gleam of excitement can be seen in his eyes when he mentions climbing.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2018, 07:14:08 am »

Drett adjusts his mask, turning to AsHul. Construction, mostly. Rather, they were likely used to carve whole buildings and cities out of bedrock. This one, if I must hazard a guess, was commanded to work on this structure and was forgotten or left behind.
"I see. Fascinating. I am surprised though. I didn't think obsidian would be a good choice for digging through stone. Oh, it holds a fine, sharp edge, for sure, but it seems too brittle to work on the harder materials."

Alex grimaces at the thought of meeting a violent end at the hands of the Star Worm. "Uh yeah, let's not provoke it."

Upon hearing AsHul's voice he turns around. "The relic is down there in the ruins, somewhere." He starts mumbling to himself."Really hope it's not in the submerged part of it."
"No matter if it is. All experiences are opportunities to delve into the secrets of the Divine, to burrow closer to the Heart of God. Trials bring suffering, and suffering makes us who we will one day be."

"We might as well prepare for the case we take that path, so get back on and let's try that. Like I said, spelunking isn't my forte."

Get back into the bore and drill up, then carefully downwards, in order to make a hole at the top of the cauldron, roughly over the ruins but preferentially not over the castle with the horrible worm.
"Please be sure to return here before you leave the cavern to pick up those of us who decide to remain here to find a less vertical path. Thoug hgoing up is sometimes necessary in order to come down, sometimes a more direct route wold be preferable. A bridge, perhaps."

Hotfire90

« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2018, 07:45:28 am »

Observe the star dragon and its movement, then head into the bore.

What are the crafting recipes for:
-Flak vests.
-Gas masks.
-TNT.
-A grenade launcher.
-Grenades, both explosive and fragmentation.

Also what do we need to build a chemical lab?

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 07:48:30 am by Hotfire90 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2018, 08:12:00 am »

That's interestin' to know Drett. Like I said, I'd never heard of 'em, though I've seen Gemstone People stuff before.

An' I don' think we're gettin' to the ruins from here, not easily at least. Even if'n we had a line, I'm not entirely certain I trust even Ethral Silk rope to keep the likes of me from becomin' so much charred mole pancake on the magma.

Back into the bore!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 08:17:33 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 29, 2018, 08:21:28 am »

"I do recommend addressing the issue of the Devourer before we address the issue of transportation. the latter issue wold be a trivial matter, if hte former were not an obstacle. "Remove that which hinders, and you may descend unto God."

GM: Action in spoiler

Spoiler: Action inside (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 08:52:22 am by Ozarck »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2018, 09:27:09 am »

"W-well... After all, God walks a p-path made of stone. A-and as the Book of T-truth says: Travel the path of the d-divine and you will know your purpose..."

"Maybe w-we're supossed to t-take the hard path? You know, b-because rock is hard and rough..."

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 231