Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385502 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #210 on: June 30, 2018, 09:00:26 am »

Help with setting up the winch system.

Also, crafting recipe check if you feel like it:
- A machine gun like the browning M2. Big, simple, robust.
- A submachine gun like the British Sten or the American grease gun, which were historically made to be easy and cheap to manufacture.
- A magical bag/box that spawns random junk every turn, so I will never again be without.
- Supressors and Scopes for existing weapons.
- A sort of crawler jeep thing, for transport of the team outside of the bore.
- a bicycle
-  ammunition. We haven't actually discussed bullets yet.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:10:17 am by Pancaek »

Hotfire90

« Reply #211 on: June 30, 2018, 09:33:27 am »

Help set up the winch

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 30, 2018, 10:46:49 am »

GM: Action in spoiler

Spoiler: Action inside (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 03:43:39 pm by Ozarck »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 30, 2018, 11:40:46 am »

"Oh, I see. So, you are also a member of the Tenebrous Church. I can only wonder why there are so many of us in this hostage situation..."

Continue observing with interest. See if I can recognize the ruins or the worm creature While AsHul does his thing, read some lines of the Book of Truth out loud for him to hear.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 02:27:16 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 30, 2018, 12:04:49 pm »

"I am sure you already know the answer, Noble Aspirant. God has favored us. He has granted us a refining fire to melt away the dross of our souls. We are being made anew, here and now.
Noble Aspirant, am I correct in that you carry a true Black Book? I myself have but a copy. I would be honored to be granted the chance to compare. Perhaps an evening to read from it? If you find me worthy, perhaps on our return trip to Anvil?"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 30, 2018, 12:16:36 pm »

"...Oh, there's no need for that. You can call me Lokam... You mean the Book of Truth? Well, this book is very important to me... But if you want, I can read out loud the words of God..."

Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 30, 2018, 12:28:53 pm »

"I am sure the other Members of the Church would be honored to listen to the Word of God as well."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 30, 2018, 12:38:20 pm »

Can do.

Assist in construction, specifically any digging required for material.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 30, 2018, 01:59:32 pm »

The abomination will make herself useful and start scavenging for nearby rocks/ structural junk.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 30, 2018, 02:15:34 pm »

"Unfortunately I don't have any ropes, but if you do need assistance to retrieve the relic I will tag along. That is if we only intend to send a small group to get it."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #220 on: June 30, 2018, 03:19:48 pm »

((A diving minor failure and a major success this turn, not bad.))

"It seems the guardian of this place somehow got coaxed into moving away from the temple. How convenient!

... Say, has anyone seen our malformed friend somewhere?"

"Ahem, anyways. Shall we get started on preparing our way down? Clate, perhaps you could help me with this?"

((The people with rope (100 ft each) are Kara (paris), Rick (marksdorf) and Clate (pancaek). Are all of you ok with loaning out your rope?))

Help the other people set up the winch system.
Help set up the winch

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Help with setting up the winch system.

Also, crafting recipe check if you feel like it:
- A machine gun like the browning M2. Big, simple, robust.
- A submachine gun like the British Sten or the American grease gun, which were historically made to be easy and cheap to manufacture.
- A magical bag/box that spawns random junk every turn, so I will never again be without.
- Supressors and Scopes for existing weapons.
- A sort of crawler jeep thing, for transport of the team outside of the bore.
- a bicycle
-  ammunition. We haven't actually discussed bullets yet.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Can do.

Assist in construction, specifically any digging required for material.
Could I use the thermals here to float from the ruins back up to the bore?
Start tying our ropes together. Make sure it's secure.

"Please try not to damage it too much?" Kara said as she handed over the rope.
"I've had this rope for a while now, I'd be saddened if I lost it. Especially since I had to sell the last of my good clothes to get it."

I'm fine with donating my rope and grappling Hook to the cause of making a way down to the ruins and possibly making harnesses.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Hmm lots of Helps but no "Set up winch" so I'm not sure who is the core and who is the helpers....Guess I'll just use whoever has the best stats for it...Pancaek definitely looks like he's best set up for it.

[17]

Good! Didn't even need to test the helpers to offer him a boost. And now the rope.

[2]

Also good!

Once the bore has come to a stop, everyone begins working in unison. Clate climbs down into the bore's engine and then down one more level through a small but heavily reinforced hatch. The area below the engine room is basically nothing but a crawlspace of sorts with some heavy duty metal supports around the bore's main axle. There's also a hatch to the outside, equally small and heavy duty as the one above.  He squeezes through and, using some metal from his deconstructed grappling hook, rigs up a simple anchor on the axle. He then attaches the ropes that Wiellste spliced for him and makes sure everything is as secure and sturdy as Shluckly possible. Once it is, he crawls to the exit hatch and opens it, the roar of the hot wind strangely muffled in the watery suit.  He blinks and then sticks his head out, looking down. A few hundred feet doesn't sound like much until you're looking down at it. Geez.  He bangs on the roof of the compartment and someone relays the message up to the cockpit. The bore's drill, now sitting in open air, rotates slowly, winding the rope up, making it ready for use. Once its almost all the way wound up, he again signals the driver to kill the engine.  Everything looks ready for lowering and raising the rope but...there's still no harness. They could probably get away with making a harness of sorts with certain knots...or even just a foot loop.

How long is this rope anyways?

The abomination will make herself useful and start scavenging for nearby rocks/ structural junk.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)

You walk to one of the bore's airlocks and head through. After you close the inner door, the locks on the outer door open and you can spin the locking wheel and open it. Outside it is very hat and very windy, so much so that you nearly stumble backwards and fall, more out of surprise than anything. Once you steady yourself you look out the door and find that the door opens up onto a sheer drop of several hundred feet into magma. The nearest tunnel wall is 20 or so feet away. You suppose if you REALLY wanted to go scavenge you could climb out, use the built in maintence ladders that run across the bore's surface to get to one of its legs and then climb across the leg to the wall.

But that all seems pretty freaking dangerous...

"Perhaps this will be easier if I tried to construct us a simple cage we could attach to the rope. Out of stone, since that's the only thing we have plenty of around here.

Brothers mole, would you lend me your claws and your strength by carving out a boulder for me to work on?"

Would it help my diver concentration (aka help me to roll at advantage) to meditate for a while before trying to do a spell? If yes, do so before attempting the following.

I would like to do a spell to take some rock and turn it into a simple cage/diving bell. The cage doesn't need to be very large or fully enclosed or anything (to save weight and not overtax our rope), but do make it strong enough that it can safely hold about 3 people at once. Leave a hole in one side for people to easily crawl into or out of. Start from a boulder if one is provided, or just from the cave wall if not.

Start in Akhmah, reinforce once (2 rolls). Then move to Es, then to Sige (2 rolls). Then reinforce Sige once (1 roll). Total of 5 rolls before the final stat and nerve checks. Only 1 material sphere, Akhmah (awareness).

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
You could do it at advantage now because you're in safety, at least for the moment.

Now, the question I have before we do this spell is "Where is the rock you're using?"  We're in a vertical shaft after all, the only rocks around are not easily reached by a human and building that cage on the walls of a shaft is probably rather hazardous.  Someone did bring in some crystalline stuff last turn, maybe they'll let you use that?

"Oh, I see. So, you are also a member of the Tenebrous Church. I can only wonder why there are so many of us in this hostage situation..."

Continue observing with interest. See if I can recognize the ruins or the worm creature While AsHul does his thing, read some lines of the Book of Truth out loud for him to hear.

You sit near Ashul while he works, watching out through the tunnel opening.

[19] You have no idea what that worm or those ruins are. Well, beyond that they're pretty.

“Blessed is he who penetrates the depths of the world. For every step into the darkness is a step closer to GOD.  All faithful should partake in this pilgrimage if able.”

GM: Action in spoiler

Spoiler: Action inside (click to show/hide)

You feel the effects of the Silent Night starting to wear off, so you hurry to make use of it. You  stand near the edge of the hole, put both hands on the stone and let yourself drift. You have your eyes closed when it happens, but Lokam can see the stone beneath you bunch and flow, extending out towards the distant ruins. It forms a sort of wedge shape, thick at the back, thin at the front, stretching out like a viscous fluid being drawn forward. It reaches about the halfway point between the tunnel and the ruins and then stops. Or rather it attempts to keep going but continuously crumbles and falls under its own weight. Eventually the stone stops and solidifies. Whats left of the would-be bridge is a large artificial precipice of sorts, half of a bridge pointing out towards the ruins.

Individual stuff
A machine gun like the browning M2. Big, simple, robust.: Large Barrel/long pipe, automatic  loading system, 2 mechanical, 4 structural.
- A submachine gun like the British Sten or the American grease gun, which were historically made to be easy and cheap to manufacture. Same as rifle, but automatic loading system and 1 extra mechanical
- A magical bag/box that spawns random junk every turn, so I will never again be without. It would require an artifact level part. Otherwise it would just be some structural and occult
- Supressors and Scopes for existing weapons. Workshop for both. Suppressor is 2 structural, Scope would be 1 structural, 1 mechanical, and set of lenses
- A sort of crawler jeep thing, for transport of the team outside of the bore. Complex. Legs, treads or wheels?
- a bicycle 2 mechanical, 3 structural.
-  ammunition. We haven't actually discussed bullets yet. depends on size and strength but usually going to be structural and chemical for ordinary solid bullets.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 03:24:51 pm by piecewise »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #221 on: June 30, 2018, 03:29:40 pm »

"Whoa! We're really high..."

Look at the buildings. Can I identify any that look important?

Edit: If we get a cage or a harness and I am able to, be the first to go down to the ruins. Aim for the most important looking part of the ruins if my previous action succeeded and I can control my descent. (Maybe I can rock the rope or angle my body against the air currents?) Otherwise, any of them will do.

Once down, look for an entrance.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Edit: Added diary entry
Spoiler: Kara's Diary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 12:39:16 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 30, 2018, 03:33:23 pm »

Adam approached the woman who he had seen bring in some nice crystalline rocks. Hopefully, he addressed her.

"Sister, ah, 'Harm', was it? Sister, I have a request for you. Would you be willing to lend to me the crystals you mined earlier so that I may forge a cage from it for us to go down in? It would certainly help us get down there safely."

How long is this rope anyways?
The team currently has 300 feet (hurl) of silk rope available.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 07:27:13 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 30, 2018, 04:00:21 pm »

"Impressive. You are really skilled at the art of diving, Ashul... I wish I was able to help, but everything I know about diving is simple theory."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 30, 2018, 05:24:30 pm »

((I completely forgot that I brought structural junk with me, sorry about that.))
”Um, I don’t know if there’s enough for that, and I want to figure out if they could be useful in other ways, but I do have some stuff you could use” (Shows structural junk from inventory)”There may not be enough for a cage, but you could probably make a harness.”
Offer up the 2 structural junk in my inventory for use by other crew members. Then try to identify the crystals, and what they could be used for.
Then go down to ruins.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 04:53:25 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 231