Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385348 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #345 on: July 09, 2018, 06:50:12 pm »

Lokam simply nods in agreement.

Protect AsHul from any dangers with my Black Flame as he dives.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 10, 2018, 12:35:01 am »

Seeing Harm pull out her revolver, Clate back up a little.

"Hmm, yes, uh, good initiative! Tell you what, if you end up breaking the snake, you can have the pinecone. I'll just, take a looksie at the other barrels while you do your thing, eh?"

Shine my lantern into the hole and take a looksie, keeping some distance and not putting my face directly over the hole. If I don't see anything immediatly awful, stick my shovel handle in there to see if that gets a reaction.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 10, 2018, 12:57:49 am »

"Yes, we probably should avoid taking exaggerated measures for now. We don't know what will happen if we use explosives here...Or shooting when we do have the risk of harming another of our group."
The moth just follows for now, keeping his weapon ready just in case things get bad.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #348 on: July 10, 2018, 02:31:04 am »

*huff huff* the Corven hyperventilated both out of the exertion of holding onto her friend and out of the adrenaline and stress.
Kara would had probably enjoyed riding the Crystal shard if she didn't have bigger things on her mind.

She saw the possessed and immediately raised her rifle. However, she found it much more difficult pulling the trigger. She knew that it was the right thing to do. The abomination's life was not worth as much as the rest of the Abducted. But she also knew that the others would be unlikely to see things from her point of view. They had made that quite clear. She could lie about it, say it attacked her, but they probably wouldn't believe that. Besides, even if that could work, she hadn't shot anyone before and she wasn't sure she could do it now.
"Gold damn it!" she cursed, lowering her rifle with the same intensity she had raised it.
Still, she couldn't stand idly by. Riding the Crystal had helped her catch up. The others were still down the tunnel. If she waited for them, they'd be back where they started, too far back to really be able to do anything. So she decided to take a third option.

She might have to leave her Crystal Friend behind, but she hoped the others would take care of it and would be able to use it to open the door.

If I can pick up my Crystal Friend and it wouldn't slow me down too much, do so. Else just grab my shirt from it.

Either way, jump through the hole and run as fast as I can. Try to overtake the possessed. Try to reach the central tower before it does.

I don't know how long the turn will last, so I'll also add some conditionals:
If I reach the central tower before it and there is a door, spill the oil from my lighter on it and light it on fire. Hopefully this will slow the abomination down enough for the others to catch up, since from what I understand it has to touch a door to break it.

If I reach the tower but there's no door (or the abomination got there first and broke it) get in and try to reach the artifact.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #349 on: July 10, 2018, 01:31:27 pm »

"Aspirant, I am going to take a short journey. Watch over me, and, should anything untoward happen, flee and alert the otehrs. I expect to return in anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or so.

Dive into Balaram.

[13]
You curl up in a ball, close your eyes,  and rather than forcibly tearing an effect from one of the spheres, you let your mind drift. The transition from waking world to the sphere is a difficult one to comprehend, even for you. You remember it like you remember a dream; a hazy impression more than an actual memory. A dream of falling.  You seem to enter the sphere as though you were falling into your own body; a tumbling soul suddenly jerked to a stop in place. You can't see anything around you; its pitch black but you can feel the ground you're on moving forward steadily and hear the muffled roar of machinery around you. You reach out and feel riveted metal walls sliding past you on the left and right. In front and behind you find some sort of large metal things; though their shapes are too complex for you to form a mental image of when you explore them with your fingers. Conical, vaguely, and solid. Almost like giant and very complex gear.

Lokam simply nods in agreement.

Protect AsHul from any dangers with my Black Flame as he dives.

You sit next to Ashul and wait.  He lies very still and barely breathes, like he's asleep, or maybe something deeper.

Shoot at the snake with my revolver.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
[2]
You draw your revolver and basically jam it into the gap in the barrel before firing. You hear something break and then the bullet ricochet several times inside the barrel.  As you pull your hand back, something grows violently from the opening; a dull silvery crystal shape sprouts like a tree, branches  expanding out fractally. Within  a few seconds the barrel is completely entombed in silvery roots and growths with a huge bloom of crystalline lead above it.

"These doors are annoying."

If we cut a chunk off that construct, could we use that as a key to open the doors?

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)
[3]

Maybe? But cutting it might also render it inoperable and destroy the only "Key"  you have.  Its high risk and whether or not it will work is a total guess on your part.

Seeing Harm pull out her revolver, Clate back up a little.

"Hmm, yes, uh, good initiative! Tell you what, if you end up breaking the snake, you can have the pinecone. I'll just, take a looksie at the other barrels while you do your thing, eh?"

Shine my lantern into the hole and take a looksie, keeping some distance and not putting my face directly over the hole. If I don't see anything immediatly awful, stick my shovel handle in there to see if that gets a reaction.

You shine your lantern into the hole and take a look as best you can; its somewhat difficult to both look into the hole and not block the light with your head, but you can see something in there. It looks almost like crinkled up aluminum foil, very reflective. You turn your shovel around and insert the handle. You poke it around a bit to see if anything grabs it and then pull it out. The handle was a dull sort matte iron color when it went in, but now its the same bright silvery color as whatever you saw in there. Almost like you dipped it in chrome paint or something.

"Yes, we probably should avoid taking exaggerated measures for now. We don't know what will happen if we use explosives here...Or shooting when we do have the risk of harming another of our group."
The moth just follows for now, keeping his weapon ready just in case things get bad.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"You might be right about whatever has possessed our companion seeking what we want, Kara. They probably wouldn't like to be shot in any case and I'd rather we save that as a last measure in case we're in danger."

"And since your little friend is repairing the damage, we can't rush forward and leave it behind or we might end up trapped. At least someone has to keep watch over it."
Vikkan commented when they reached the doorway, just a bit tired from all the exercise while wearing armor.

Carefully follow the group.

*huff huff* the Corven hyperventilated both out of the exertion of holding onto her friend and out of the adrenaline and stress.
Kara would had probably enjoyed riding the Crystal shard if she didn't have bigger things on her mind.

She saw the possessed and immediately raised her rifle. However, she found it much more difficult pulling the trigger. She knew that it was the right thing to do. The abomination's life was not worth as much as the rest of the Abducted. But she also knew that the others would be unlikely to see things from her point of view. They had made that quite clear. She could lie about it, say it attacked her, but they probably wouldn't believe that. Besides, even if that could work, she hadn't shot anyone before and she wasn't sure she could do it now.
"Gold damn it!" she cursed, lowering her rifle with the same intensity she had raised it.
Still, she couldn't stand idly by. Riding the Crystal had helped her catch up. The others were still down the tunnel. If she waited for them, they'd be back where they started, too far back to really be able to do anything. So she decided to take a third option.

She might have to leave her Crystal Friend behind, but she hoped the others would take care of it and would be able to use it to open the door.

If I can pick up my Crystal Friend and it wouldn't slow me down too much, do so. Else just grab my shirt from it.

Either way, jump through the hole and run as fast as I can. Try to overtake the possessed. Try to reach the central tower before it does.

I don't know how long the turn will last, so I'll also add some conditionals:
If I reach the central tower before it and there is a door, spill the oil from my lighter on it and light it on fire. Hopefully this will slow the abomination down enough for the others to catch up, since from what I understand it has to touch a door to break it.

If I reach the tower but there's no door (or the abomination got there first and broke it) get in and try to reach the artifact.

You grab the Crystal and try to drag it away. It stays firmly rooted in place, intent on fixing the door. You grab your shirt and decide to leave your new friend behind for the moment. [20] You and the rest of your faithful followers run out through the open door and chase after the possessed woman. You make good progress; on these walkways you're not at the disadvantage you were before and quickly catch up.  You're maybe 20 feet behind her, taking  sharp turn when you lose your balance and slip.  You fall onto your stomach and slide, nearly going off the edge. Nyw dives and grabs your hands, and Garos and Vikkan grab his waist. You all end up on the ground, but they prevent you from sliding off the walkways and down to your certain death.  As they pull you back up onto the path, you look ahead to see the possessed woman smash through another set of doors and disappear into the main tower.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #350 on: July 10, 2018, 02:14:14 pm »

Keep on running in the 90s underground. Maybe my luck will improve.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 10, 2018, 02:19:48 pm »

Inspect the tree like thing. How big is it, and does the material have any crafting qualities? Also check the base where the barrel was, does the stuff seem to still be there, or is it all toast?
”Clate, I’m beginning to wonder whether this venture is worth the effort”
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hotfire90

« Reply #352 on: July 10, 2018, 02:29:51 pm »

Continue looking after the crystal creature and capture it once it's done repairing the door.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 10, 2018, 03:04:55 pm »

”Clate, I’m beginning to wonder whether this venture is worth the effort”

"Nonsense. Just a minor setback, really. It is kinda weird how these temples always store their contraptions in the weirdest places."

Touch the chromed part of my shovel to my field lighter. Observe if the chrome stuff reacts in any way.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 10, 2018, 03:56:55 pm »

Continue reading from my Black Book. Don't really have anything else to do.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 10, 2018, 08:01:51 pm »

"A bit more care, Kara!" Vikkan said after he and the other two were done saving and hoisting the Corven up. They were lucky she was light, though if the heavy honored dead had slid with her towards the edge that would have been their doom.

Keep following Kara.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 10, 2018, 11:22:32 pm »

"Dammit, why do they always need to be running so fast? Dark and forgetfulness, my feet hurt already."

Oh, they're gone already. Guess I'm sticking with Alex. And by "with" I mean far enough away that I can run from the TNT before it goes off.

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 11, 2018, 07:25:39 am »

1) What does the ground below feel like?
2) Is there space between the walls and the giant gearlike things behind and ahead? How much?
3) Do I feel like the ground below is tilting forward as it moves, like the axle of a giant gear?
4) Slowly and gently reach up, pinky and ring finger on one hand extended. Do I come into contact with anything? Do I lose the aforementioned digits?

I'm worried that I have landed between the complex teeth of a complex gear, and that the tooth of another gear will soon be inhabiting this space where I am currently inhabiting. I do not wish to be inhabiting this space when another gear tooth is attempting to inhabit this space.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 11, 2018, 10:43:24 am »

I was not made for running, I do hope we make it soon Drett wheezes, obviously short of breath

Keep up the pursuit!

Given the information I know and the actions of the possessor, what would be a good way to break its hold without damaging the possessed?

Spoiler: Drett Medizin (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 11, 2018, 10:51:40 am »

And Adam was also there, with the group, doing the things.

And think again about how to stop possessions I suppose, specifically from entities coming from ES (assuming that is common knowledge, if not then disregard that detail).

((Sorry, not much time to post and rather limited internet access.))

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 231