Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385497 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #390 on: July 13, 2018, 08:28:46 pm »

Continue being asleep until AsHul wakes up from his diving thing.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 13, 2018, 10:24:13 pm »

"Well, at least it's not your useful arm," Auft cooed, looking at Vikkan's wound.

Consider what I know about the gemfolk's crystal golems. Can they survive/function outside gemfolk ruins? Do they require special care and feeding? Do they butcher their owners to fashion more gemstones out of their crystalized blood?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 10:29:15 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #392 on: July 14, 2018, 02:56:48 am »

"I have no memory of the chase, just that we were chasing after a group, unless there are other abductees searching for the relic, I'm going to assume that my group was chasing yours. However that still doesn't answer why we were chasing you and how you got into this room, I was the one who was in possession of the creature, so unless you found an alternative way in or managed to go through the door without the creature, you shouldn't have been able to get into this room.

Do you have any idea what could've caused this kind of memory loss?"
Kara shrugged.
"Magic, obviously. The question where it came from. If it came from a trap, something that triggered when we found a way to enter the room, then we're probably safe, since it's unlikely to trigger again. If it came from the artifact, then maybe now that we're in the same room as it it won't happen again. Even if it will, we have no choice but to take it, unless any of you has found a way to defeat our captors. If it came from a Diver, then there should be signs. Diving can leave divers fatigued and it can also lead to... sacrifices." she said, looking at Vikkan's bleeding arm, which was now being swarmed by attended by moths.
I hope they know what they're doing. We can't lose our driver.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 14, 2018, 05:36:00 am »

Sit and consider the artifact.  Assist with its retrieval, if necessary, but otherwise just watch it and wonder why we were searching for it, and how we can get out of here.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 14, 2018, 09:48:25 pm »

Help Clate
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 15, 2018, 08:58:17 am »

Look over the possessed person to see if he's acting normal again or if there is any residual effect of any sort of his possession.

Then take a close look at the artifact and try to figure out what it could do or be used for.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #396 on: July 15, 2018, 10:13:25 am »

"Oh dear. What happened? Did something break? Did we fall?" Kara asked, feeling the pain and tiredness of her body. It was possible, she considered, that the Crystal Friend had moved them, but she don't think suggesting that would be very good for her popularity. Especially considering the state of Vikkan's-
"Oh, Vikkan! Your-" Kara was about to say stump, but she didn't think it would be polite to do so. After all, he was a very capable driver, even if he didn't have a hand.
"Help! Is anyone a medic? Vikkan needs help! I think his arm was cut by whatever moved us!"

If nobody helps Vikkan, help Vikkan.

Grab that shiny artifact, using my shirt to hold it, like gloves. How does it look? How does it feel?

EDIT: Also get my shiny Crystal Friend. Get ALL THE SHINIES! THEY SHALL ALL BE MINE!

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

[8]
You scramble out of the pit, half crawling, half clawing your way up the smooth slope until you reach the spikes. From there you climb your way between them till you get hold of the artifact; carefully wrapping your shirt around it before picking it up.  It looks like a clear glass orb with fire inside it. Or rather like the fire is always somewhere behind it regardless of how you look at it. It feels surprisingly light but otherwise is unremarkable; its not warm or cold or anything like that.

You wrap your shirt up into a bundle and then tie it around your chest, creating an improvised backpack for the thing. That done you climb back down and sidle across the lip of the pit over to the doorway where you are reunited with Crystal Friend!

Tch, what did you manage this time? Drett asks Vikkan, I do not know how you managed that, but that bleeding must be stopped.

Patch up Vikkan's nub, stop the bloodflow.

He had his hand a second ago, what even happened?

[10]
You open your doctor's bag and get to work on Vikkan's stump. Normally this sort of thing is easy but Vikkan's injury is being quite impossible if you do say so yourself. It just bleeds and bleeds and bleeds no matter how much styptic powder you rub on it. You finally manage to get it to stop through a combination of bandage, hasty suturing of vessels and tourniquet. Its going to heal up quite ugly but at least he'll live.

"I didn't do anything. I've no idea what did this." Vikkan said in between gritted teeth as his stump bled. He truly had no idea what had happened, and why his right hand's nub looked freshly cut, like someone had decided to add insult to injury and get a slice off his forearm. He couldn't think properly since he had a bit too much to worry with bloodloss and pain.

Vikkan's just waiting to be treated and escaping/taking cover in case of danger.
You can't do much more than lay back and think of Mason as this blasted Ethral sawbones jabs at your open wound. By the time he's finished you're feeling quite dizzy and unstable, not to mention pale and sweat soaked. 

"Thanks doc. I think." You say, looking at the wad of bloody bandages on the end of your arm.

"You really can't remember giving it to me? That's weird." Alex paused for a moment, comparing the two conflicting memories. "Then again, it's also weird how me and my group just arrived here, I don't remember much after we left the first room, I only vaguely remember that we were chasing after a group of people, I don't know why though.

You can have it back if you want."

Give Kara the crystal creature and inspect the room for any other possible entrances.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

((There's no intent to lie, it's just that the memory on how I got the creature was filled out with a suitable expanation, since the event in which I originally acquired the creature never happened.))
You hand the crystal creature to Kara and then look around the room for possible other entrances or exits. Its always hard to tell since they're not normal doors, they're just slabs you can pass through, but you think the roof might be one.

"Now, something here does not add up."

I'm not a diver, but I have read quite a bit on the subject, and something about this situation reminds me of what I'd learned...
While I'm thinking, give Drett a hand, though try not to get in the way.

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)
You sit around and think while Drett works, ready to lend a hand or 4 if needed.
[2]
Missing limbs, missing memories, this is the work of EN. The only question is what the source of it is. Diving accident? Deliberate spell? Something in the environment? You should ask around to see if anyone remembers doing an EN action.

"Oh hey, this rod made of Labradorite seems cool as hell. What do you say we first completely open the second barrel before we start dividing the loot, eh? I think there's some other stuff in there."

How many octahedron were the barrel I just smashed open? Also, try to figure out if they have any purpose. Do the same for the rod of Labradorite, though I suspect it might just be a pretty gem.

Get a sealable container out of my satchel and try to kinda of roll the second barrel to try and pour out the chrome stuff into the container. Regardless wether it works or not, hit that barrel dead center like I did with the previous one, since that seems to work to open then. Observe what's inside of it. If I didn't already do see, try to scoop up the chrome foil stuff into a sealable container.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Looks like 15 Octahedrons in this barrel.
[15][20]
Judging from the evidence you've seen so far these octahedrons might have something to do with that tree like growth. And considering its made of lead after a bullet was fired in there, you're going to guess they might be able to replicate materials in some way.

As per that rod, you have NO fucking idea. Like, zero. Not even a little.

You get a jar out and tip the barrel over so that the chrome stuff flows out. It moves like a sheet of silk a single thread thick, drifting and flowing into the jar.  Once its all in there, you close the lid and get to work. [15] Your whack is weak, as usual, but you manage to smash the barrel open just a bit more; enough to get a better look inside and to insert a hand, if you feel so bold. There is what appears to be several cubes of gold about an inch to a size, a large roll of silver or maybe tin wire, a box made out of slate, and a knife.

"Somehow, this infinite, complex, alien, crowded, and dangerous situation is less worrisome than the possibility of being roasted alive. I must be missing something"

AsHul's gonna keep an eye out for functional looking devices on any conveyor that comes close enough to reach, small enough to pocket. If he can't ride the conveyor he is on past the mechanical arms, he'll hop off onto a nearby conveyor, or climb off onto a support structure. Otherwise He'll just stand carefully between cones and let the arms do their job around him.

Also, AsHul will be looking around to spot anything that appears lifelike. He has little desire to poke the natives, yet.

[8]
You look around for more interesting goodies and see something on a conveyor below you. Its something complex, a brass orb about the size of your fist with a glass dome revealing clockwork innards. You decide to try and jump/climb down to that conveyor.
[10]
You sit down and attempt to lower yourself to the next conveyor, reaching out with your toes and trying to get a foothold.  As soon as you get your butt off the conveyor you end up tumbling down, missing the belt you were going for and landing 15 feet below on another one. Ow. Luckily this one is carrying...you reach out and feel around till you grab one, bringing it to your face to look at. Books of sheet music.  Ok.

Continue being asleep until AsHul wakes up from his diving thing.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

"Well, at least it's not your useful arm," Auft cooed, looking at Vikkan's wound.

Consider what I know about the gemfolk's crystal golems. Can they survive/function outside gemfolk ruins? Do they require special care and feeding? Do they butcher their owners to fashion more gemstones out of their crystalized blood?

[12] You don't know a whole lot...you know they can survive outside of their ruins but that they are generally so specialized that you can't do much with them. They don't seem to need any food or care; they seem to just be living crystals that wander around.

The lizard extracts herself from the pile, shaking herself like a dog, ignoring the on-going conversation she skulks off to the center of the room where the artifacts lies. Her eyes stare down the artifact as she begins to circle around it. At the thrid rotation, she stops and grabs the handle of her bladed shovel and pokes the flaming orb.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
You get some help climbing out of the pit and immediately run over to Kara and poke the orb on her back. Your nail clinks off it  like normal glass.

Sit and consider the artifact.  Assist with its retrieval, if necessary, but otherwise just watch it and wonder why we were searching for it, and how we can get out of here.

[17,9]

Hmm. You're positively stumped. It matters not; better to consider the best way to deal with these highwaymen and their damnable collars.

Help Clate
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
[17]
You manage to smash the hole a bit bigger, but not by much. Still, every little bit helps.

Look over the possessed person to see if he's acting normal again or if there is any residual effect of any sort of his possession.

Then take a close look at the artifact and try to figure out what it could do or be used for.

What possessed person?

[18]
You have no idea what it could be used for but you do remember that if it is a true divine relic, then it will more than likely have no overt use or great power as is. Only through communion can its powers truly be unlocked.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 15, 2018, 10:24:30 am »

"Hmm."

I have a feeling that explaining to everyone that Vikkan lost his hand to some form of magic might lead to... distrust among the team. Maybe I'll go tell him myself if I can get him alone.

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 15, 2018, 10:34:48 am »

Pocket some sheet music then cast Balaram Es to move one of those brass orbs to me.
path: 3 rolls
reinfoce balarm 1x reinforce es 1x
5 rolls + final nerve roll + final Balaram roll

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #399 on: July 15, 2018, 11:35:23 am »

Kara felt a warm feeling, having two ancient artifacts in her possession, even if she knew that she would probably have to give up one of them. She really wished she didn't though. Now that she had the artifact in her hands, the prospect of escaping their captors instead of merely giving this to them and hoping for the best started to seem more appealing. However she still didn't feel comfortable with the idea, not when nobody so far had come up with a viable plan. Most of them just had general suggestions. Then again, now that they had the artifact, they could probably afford some time to at least think about it. She wasn't really skilled at anything, so she couldn't really contribute anything except offer her opinion.

What she could do is explore these wonderful ruins and add some more info in her diary (she had checked it the moment she realized they had memory issues, but unfortunately it held no clues as to what happened). The first order of business was to make sure they could even leave this room safely.

To that end, she approached Drett, looking to ask for his help. She knew Ethral had much better education than Corven (or any other species for that matter, excluding any secret education the Molemen received), so asking an Ethral about this thing had better odds of succeeding. She approached Drett specifically because she was hoping that appealing to his skills could help smooth things over between them. The fact that he was tending to Vikkan and that would bring her close to him was merely an added bonus.

"Hi Vikkan. Are you feeling well? And Drett, thanks for aiding Vikkan. We can't have anything happening to our bore driver, especially one so skilled. It looks like you did a good job. I really hope he's going to be all right."
Kara shifted the artifact in her hands (which was still hidden beneath her shirt), trying to think about how to approach this.
"Umm... Anyway, would you mind taking a look at this artifact? I'm thinking we should try to figure out what this is. I mean, if this is some kind of power source for the ruins, removing it would probably put us in danger and, well... I hope I'm not being presumptuous, but I heard Ethral worship some sort of flame, so I was thinking perhaps you could tell me a bit more about your religion? And maybe if you think this artifact is related to it in any way?"
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 12:34:42 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 15, 2018, 01:42:27 pm »

Tell me some more about divine communion and how to go about it (preferably stuff that isn't already in the rule/lore docs).

Then look around the room to see if there's anything else of value or interest lying around.

Adam stepped up to Kara cradling the divine artifact and lay a hand softly on her shoulder.
"This is a relic of great divine potential, though its power may not be apparent in its current form. Protect this orb with your life, young Corven."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #401 on: July 15, 2018, 02:09:22 pm »

What Adam was saying and doing (and more than anything what he was implying) made Kara uncomfortable, but she decided now was not the time for conflict. So instead of pulling away and saying what was really on her mind, she instead gave a diplomatic response, neither disagreeing nor lying. She tried to remain pleasant and speak in a friendly and polite manner.
"Don't worry Adam. Right now that artifact IS my life. In fact it's all of our lives. So until we find a way to remove these collars, I have no choice but to defend it as such."

Spoiler: Kara's Diary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 04:06:29 am by Parisbre56 »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 15, 2018, 02:17:20 pm »

Get out of pit, poke crystal friend too.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 15, 2018, 02:17:41 pm »

"I'm feeling faint. I'm not good for any more adventuring at the moment." Vikkan replied. He felt like shit and looked the part too, all sweat, deathly pallor and wincing from pain and discomfort.

Is it time to leave? I hope it's time to leave. Help to carry some amount of loot if necessary but nothing dangerous or heavy.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 15, 2018, 03:21:38 pm »

"Allright, we are almost there, friend Harm. Let's just get this third barrel cracked open completely and then we can get to dividing the goods between the two of us. I believe the Octahedrons might be some kind of replicators by the way, able to replicate material somehow. Those are rather useful, so we should each take half of those."

Allright, try to break the thing completely open. I need them goodies.

Also, two questions:
1. Can we get a list of all the stuff in all three barrels, at least the stuff we can reach? So we can divvy up the loot more easily?
2. Can we turn the now borken barrels into junk parts?

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 231