Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385536 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #405 on: July 15, 2018, 03:47:33 pm »

”Most magnificent!”
Help Clate finish opening the barrel. At the same time, be wary of more snakes.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 04:59:20 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 15, 2018, 05:20:46 pm »

Try dreaming.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 16, 2018, 01:08:34 am »

Look for some valuables and gather as much loot as possible.
"If we are done, we might as well get as many things as possible. It would be a  waste to leave them behind."

Hotfire90

« Reply #408 on: July 16, 2018, 09:51:25 am »

Help with the looting.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 16, 2018, 01:05:42 pm »

Drett sighs, packing his doctor's bag back up. Whatever caused this was not an ordinary thing. You should not bleed out, but it will probably not heal very gracefully. Is there a reason you never used a prosthetic, by the by? I cannot imagine driving would be easy without one.

"Hi Vikkan. Are you feeling well? And Drett, thanks for aiding Vikkan. We can't have anything happening to our bore driver, especially one so skilled. It looks like you did a good job. I really hope he's going to be all right."
Kara shifted the artifact in her hands (which was still hidden beneath her shirt), trying to think about how to approach this.
"Umm... Anyway, would you mind taking a look at this artifact? I'm thinking we should try to figure out what this is. I mean, if this is some kind of power source for the ruins, removing it would probably put us in danger and, well... I hope I'm not being presumptuous, but I heard Ethral worship some sort of flame, so I was thinking perhaps you could tell me a bit more about your religion? And maybe if you think this artifact is related to it in any way?"

As he clasps his bag back up, he looks up to Kara. I suppose I should not be too upset with her. She means well, though she lacks the knowledge of what her words may mean, he thinks to himself.

Yes, I suppose I could take a look at the artifact. My knowledge tends more towards the biological, but I have spent much time with my antennae in many books. As for the flame, he chitters softly, an approximation of a chuckle, It is the light of knowledge, and a metaphor for enlightenment. As least, it is for me. Some Ethral take it all to literally. He pauses, briefly. I suppose I should stop myself before I end up boring you to sleep. I will need to see the artifact, but I can promise you I have no interest in the thing beyond potential uses. I understand it is our lives on the line.

First and foremost, help Vikkan, my patient, up and out of the room.

Having seen the artifact, and contingent upon being able to study it more, what can I glean from the artifact?
What sphere is it tied to, if any?
What could something like this be capable of?
What else might I know about it in relation to the gemstone people here?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 11:40:09 am by Gentlefish »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #410 on: July 16, 2018, 01:31:24 pm »

"I'm feeling faint. I'm not good for any more adventuring at the moment." Vikkan replied. He felt like shit and looked the part too, all sweat, deathly pallor and wincing from pain and discomfort.
"Oh, uh, do you think you need some help moving, then? It's a pretty steep slope to climb..."

As he clasps his bag back up, he looks up to Kara. I suppose I should not be too upset with her. She means well, though she lacks the knowledge of what her words may mean, he thinks to himself.

Yes, I suppose I could take a look at the artifact. My knowledge tends more towards the biological, but I have spent much time with my antennae in many books. As for the flame, he chitters softly, an approximation of a chuckle, It is the light of knowledge, and a metaphor for enlightenment. As least, it is for me. Some Ethral take it all to literally. He pauses, briefly. I suppose I should stop myself before I end up boring you to sleep. I will need to see the artifact, but I can promise you I have no interest in the thing beyond potential uses. I understand it is our lives on the line.
"Great! Thanks! Here you go!" Kara said with some excitement (made obvious by the slight bobbing of her tail) as she unwrapped the artifact and presented it to Drett.
"And don't worry about boring me, I left my home to see the world and its people." she continued in the same excited tone, shifting the artifact a bit as she noticed the way Drett looked through it.
"Meeting all these different species and exploring these ruins is very exciting! Too bad it's not under better circumstances."

Temporarily give Drett the artifact so he can study it. Aid him in any way I can. Stop him if he tries to do anything that could damage it though.

Does the glass distort what I see through it? Just for fun, while holding the artifact for Drett to inspect it, try to use the distortions to make his face look funny. You know, make his eyes huge or make his head tiny, stuff like that.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 04:09:19 am by Parisbre56 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 16, 2018, 02:07:04 pm »

Start wandering back the way we came, looking for a derpy crystal golem to keep as a pet and/or paperweight.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 16, 2018, 02:22:41 pm »

Vikkan stopped wincing for a moment to ponder on the reason why he'd never given thought to using a prosthetic, even a simple one. Had he ever considered that? Try as he might, his mind tended to come up blank despite the obvious advantages and the fact he should have considered that at least once.

"I don't know why I didn't get one. I never had a hand instead of losing it, so maybe it had something to do with pride? I really have no idea, maybe whatever just happened and wounded me scrambled my memories." he replied to Drett before turning his attention to Kara.

"I wouldn't be against receiving some help. Slipping and dying after getting the artifact we were asked to retrieve would be pretty embarrassing." Vikkan replied with a small smile, the movement of his mustache as his face's muscles moved far more restrained than before his horrible injury.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 16, 2018, 06:39:04 pm »

Satisfy with her experiments with the orb of flames, the abomination creeps forward with the rest of the group.
Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 17, 2018, 11:44:43 am »

Vikkan stopped wincing for a moment to ponder on the reason why he'd never given thought to using a prosthetic, even a simple one. Had he ever considered that? Try as he might, his mind tended to come up blank despite the obvious advantages and the fact he should have considered that at least once.

"I don't know why I didn't get one. I never had a hand instead of losing it, so maybe it had something to do with pride? I really have no idea, maybe whatever just happened and wounded me scrambled my memories." he replied to Drett before turning his attention to Kara.

"I wouldn't be against receiving some help. Slipping and dying after getting the artifact we were asked to retrieve would be pretty embarrassing." Vikkan replied with a small smile, the movement of his mustache as his face's muscles moved far more restrained than before his horrible injury.

Yes, yes of course, Drett says, offering his arms on one side, Despite our fragility, it turns out us Ethral are quite capable of supporting our patients. Two arms are better than one, after all.

Turning to Kara, he adjusts his mask with one free arm and smooths his mane with the other. As for my earlier outburst, I would like to apologize. He pauses briefly before continuing, I am used to ogling stares and improper comments from other races. I can see now you are simply curious. That is not a quality to be ashamed of. Rather, I find it admirable.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #415 on: July 17, 2018, 12:13:03 pm »

"Hmm."

I have a feeling that explaining to everyone that Vikkan lost his hand to some form of magic might lead to... distrust among the team. Maybe I'll go tell him myself if I can get him alone.

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)
"I'm feeling faint. I'm not good for any more adventuring at the moment." Vikkan replied. He felt like shit and looked the part too, all sweat, deathly pallor and wincing from pain and discomfort.

Is it time to leave? I hope it's time to leave. Help to carry some amount of loot if necessary but nothing dangerous or heavy.
Wiellste helps Vikkan out of the pit and back towards the entrance. As they go, Wiellste whispers her theory about whats going on to Vikkan in the most...non-frightening terms she can muster. Together they both wander back over the numerous pathways and to the tower they started in. However, from there, they're not too sure where to go. The lack of memory as to how they reached that main tower means they don't know the way back.  Also the tower's entrance door is solid and unyielding with out the crystal friend.

Pocket some sheet music then cast Balaram Es to move one of those brass orbs to me.
path: 3 rolls
reinfoce balarm 1x reinforce es 1x
5 rolls + final nerve roll + final Balaram roll

You close your eyes and call the orb to you. It comes but...not in the way you expected; the entire conveyor above you tears itself in half and part of it twists and distorts horribly to connect with the belt you're currently on. You grab one of the orbs and some sheet music as you pass, but somewhere overhead you hear a screeching scream and then thumps as something descends the conveyors in leaps and bounds.

Tell me some more about divine communion and how to go about it (preferably stuff that isn't already in the rule/lore docs).

Then look around the room to see if there's anything else of value or interest lying around.

Adam stepped up to Kara cradling the divine artifact and lay a hand softly on her shoulder.
"This is a relic of great divine potential, though its power may not be apparent in its current form. Protect this orb with your life, young Corven."

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Communion is effectively locking yourself in small room and burning relics to get high on the smoke. In terms of the mechanics, there's little more to it than that. The difficult part is getting the room set up just right. Real shrines are air tight with powerful, independent burners because the occupants aren't going to be conscious to stoke a fire. They also have either chairs with straps or  beds for them to lie in. The rooms are often locked from the inside as well, to prevent people from taking advantage of the unconscious people. [6] You look around. Anything in here would be work some money, but in terms of effort to profit, probably nothing really worthwhile.

Get out of pit, poke crystal friend too.
You slither out and follow Kara, poking her friend. It waves a foot at you.

"Allright, we are almost there, friend Harm. Let's just get this third barrel cracked open completely and then we can get to dividing the goods between the two of us. I believe the Octahedrons might be some kind of replicators by the way, able to replicate material somehow. Those are rather useful, so we should each take half of those."

Allright, try to break the thing completely open. I need them goodies.

Also, two questions:
1. Can we get a list of all the stuff in all three barrels, at least the stuff we can reach? So we can divvy up the loot more easily?
2. Can we turn the now borken barrels into junk parts?

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
”Most magnificent!”
Help Clate finish opening the barrel. At the same time, be wary of more snakes.
[4]
You finish smashing the barrel open.

1. first barrel is basically unreachable without removing that tree thing. Otherwise, 15 Octahedrons, 1 Labradorite rod, Your chrome stuff,  several (5) cubes of gold about an inch to a size, a large roll of silver or maybe tin wire, a box made out of slate, and a knife.

2. Yes. 6 structural per broken down barrel.

Try dreaming.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
You dream of a perfect black void.  Something is watching you.

Help with the looting.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Look for some valuables and gather as much loot as possible.
"If we are done, we might as well get as many things as possible. It would be a  waste to leave them behind."
You break off from the group and walk back towards the tower you think you started in but find that the door is solid and impassible without Kara's crystal friend. You're gonna need that walking key of you're gonna do any real looting.

Start wandering back the way we came, looking for a derpy crystal golem to keep as a pet and/or paperweight.

You walk out onto the open air pathways and wander around until you find a golem. This one looks like a dodecahedron with long, unjointed, sharp stone shards for legs. It moves like a spider with all its legs in casts, delicately and slowly tink tink tinking forward.  The main body is about the size of your fist so you can easily grab it and pick it up; its legs move randomly for a few seconds and then go limp. Seems to be waiting for a surface to stand on again.

"Oh, uh, do you think you need some help moving, then? It's a pretty steep slope to climb..."

"Great! Thanks! Here you go!" Kara said with some excitement (made obvious by the slight bobbing of her tail) as she unwrapped the artifact and presented it to Drett.
"And don't worry about boring me, I left my home to see the world and its people." she continued in the same excited tone, shifting the artifact a bit as she noticed the way Drett looked through it.
"Meeting all these different species and exploring these ruins is very exciting! Too bad it's not under better circumstances."

Temporarily give Drett the artifact so he can study it. Aid him in any way I can. Stop him if he tries to do anything that could damage it though.

Does the glass distort what I see through it? Just for fun, while holding the artifact for Drett to inspect it, try to use the distortions to make his face look funny. You know, make his eyes huge or make his head tiny, stuff like that.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

You give the artifact to Drett for study, but not before attempting to distort his image through it. Oddly, you notice that his image is completely undisturbed, except that it is mirrored.

Drett sighs, packing his doctor's bag back up. Whatever caused this was not an ordinary thing. You should not bleed out, but it will probably not heal very gracefully. Is there a reason you never used a prosthetic, by the by? I cannot imagine driving would be easy without one.

"Hi Vikkan. Are you feeling well? And Drett, thanks for aiding Vikkan. We can't have anything happening to our bore driver, especially one so skilled. It looks like you did a good job. I really hope he's going to be all right."
Kara shifted the artifact in her hands (which was still hidden beneath her shirt), trying to think about how to approach this.
"Umm... Anyway, would you mind taking a look at this artifact? I'm thinking we should try to figure out what this is. I mean, if this is some kind of power source for the ruins, removing it would probably put us in danger and, well... I hope I'm not being presumptuous, but I heard Ethral worship some sort of flame, so I was thinking perhaps you could tell me a bit more about your religion? And maybe if you think this artifact is related to it in any way?"

First and foremost, help Vikkan, my patient, up and out of the room.

Having seen the artifact, and contingent upon being able to study it more, what can I glean from the artifact?
What sphere is it tied to, if any?
What could something like this be capable of?
What else might I know about it in relation to the gemstone people here?

You know that
1. What a relic is tied to is impossible to tell without communion. Many theories exist for analyzing what it might hold, but these always fail. Nothing about its nature can be told by the relic or its supernatural actions.
2. Hard to say. It seems to be a mid range relic so whatever lurks inside is going to be fairly powerful.
3. You know that almost all races collect relics, though exactly what these people did with it or how they viewed it is hard to say. They clearly viewed it with some deference, considering the way its displayed and where it is.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 17, 2018, 12:28:59 pm »

"That was completely unintentional, I assure you!" AsHul mutters as he backs slowly away.

UnDive! Back to Akhmah with my ill-gotten gains.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 12:37:56 pm by Ozarck »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 17, 2018, 12:29:30 pm »

Head back together with the others. While heading back, keep an eye out for interesting items or wall markings or side chambers or crystal constructs.

Remember how I oriented myself before? Use that to help me navigate and not get lost in the crystal palace.

You carefully orient yourself towards the largest spire and lock that place into your mind. You make sure to keep it in the back of your head at all times, so that you can navigate with it as the point of reference.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:06:46 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 17, 2018, 12:37:47 pm »

Stay with Kara, or at least near enough to keep track of her.  She's got the artifact, and by extension, all our lives.

If outside, or close enough to go outside without losing track of the corven, examine the ceiling and walls of the cavern.  Is the bore visible anywhere, or are there any conspicuous holes or anything?  We almost certainly must have come from somewhere either to the side or above; everyone is too grouped and fresh to have trekked all the way up from underground, if there's even any safe paths up through the magma.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 17, 2018, 02:15:29 pm »

”Tell you what Clate, I want to use some of those dice, but I’ll let you hold on to ‘em if you open that there box. Other than that, with the possible exception of the knife and the box, I’ll let you hold onto the unique stuff, and I’ll take half the gold, and half the materials. I’m also not likely to be stingy with my share, if you want to utilize materials for community projects and such”
If Clate agrees to let me, I take half te gold blocks, and half the materials. Then I inspect the knife.
”Additionally, if you, or anyone else for that matter want to Topple the tree themselves, I’m willing to Let them have what’s under it
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 231