Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385269 times)

Hotfire90

Re: DIG
« Reply #435 on: July 18, 2018, 08:02:12 pm »

"This seems like a chest of sorts, I wonder what's inside it. Mind helping me open it?"

Knock on the obsidian cube to check whether it's hollow or not. Should it be hollow, try to open it with my shovel.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 18, 2018, 09:43:30 pm »

The lizard monster takes this opportunity to start collecting the broken remains of the barrels that the other looters broke open.

Also ponder the recipe for creating a mechanical arm.
Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:51:00 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 18, 2018, 10:23:44 pm »

"I don't have or had any occult artifacts as far as I know. Never had any interest in them. Then again, I guess my memory isn't the same as it was." Vikkan still had a faint smile on, but he was obviously less prone to good humor right after having almost bled to death. Figuring out the team was going to stay longer, he decided he might as well give them a hand (his only one) to speed things up.

"I don't know. That seems the most likely point of origin to me, but you would know better than I about your own possessions. What do you recall about this chain, in particular? Where did you get it? That might provide a clue as to what used to be on it."
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 19, 2018, 07:29:45 am »

"Wake up, Aspirant. I have returned, and I have an idea. We must meet with the rest of the Collared ones to discuss it though. I need your help to extend my bridge so we can cross over to the ruins."

Wake the Aspirant up, and work feeling back into my body before attempting to Dive again. If I feel that I would be at disadvantage, do not Dive. Otherwise:
Akhmah -> Es -> Hel (2 rolls)
Reinforce Akhmah 3x, reinforce Hel 2x (5 rolls)
7 rolls + final nerve + final Akhmah roll

Transmute a portion of the bridge into aluminum. Goal is to make several long rods to help with structural integrity.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 08:14:37 am by Ozarck »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 19, 2018, 09:04:39 am »

"I don't know. That seems the most likely point of origin to me, but you would know better than I about your own possessions. What do you recall about this chain, in particular? Where did you get it? That might provide a clue as to what used to be on it."

"I remember purchasing it... I also remember thinking it was a good idea and that it would symbolize my faith, though I'm not sure how."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 19, 2018, 10:06:01 am »

Clate mentioned a snake.  Go over to the barrel and grab the snake, then break it in half.  Repeat as necessary on the halves until it ceases to be a danger.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 19, 2018, 01:13:39 pm »

"It is a very suspicious looking cube, and considering its weight I am not certain if it is a chest. Looks more like some sort of material...But give it a try, depending of the outcome we may need Kara's assistance as the other 'doors' are closed without the crystal creature to open them."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 19, 2018, 01:15:15 pm »

"I remember purchasing it... I also remember thinking it was a good idea and that it would symbolize my faith, though I'm not sure how."
"Interesting. Do you follow the faith of the Tenebrous Church?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 19, 2018, 05:10:23 pm »

"I do, and I actually have one of the smaller versions of the Black Book." Vikkan said, calmly producing his copy of the holy book. By now he was already catching onto the line the questioning was taking him, especially because he knew what could be worn as a devotional symbol to display one's faith in the Church.

"It could've been a Black Flame then."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 19, 2018, 05:53:13 pm »

Experiment with my new pet to see if I can figure out his purpose.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 19, 2018, 09:00:31 pm »

"I do, and I actually have one of the smaller versions of the Black Book." Vikkan said, calmly producing his copy of the holy book. By now he was already catching onto the line the questioning was taking him, especially because he knew what could be worn as a devotional symbol to display one's faith in the Church.

"It could've been a Black Flame then."
"Ah. That is, um, a little disappointing. If the pendant was a simple piece of obsidian, surely it could not have created this effect on its own. I wonder why the chain was spared while the symbol itself was erased. I suppose you would have removed it from the chain, and held it in your now-missing hand... trying to cut something?"

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 20, 2018, 11:06:47 am »

Assist with the looting. Consider medical uses of loot.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 02:46:54 pm by Gentlefish »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 20, 2018, 03:46:16 pm »

Vikkan just offered an easy shrug of his shoulders interrupted by a wince. "I don't remember anything like that, but I don't remember ever having a right hand either."

"If it makes any difference, if it was a Black Flame then it was a normal one. I don't have the fathoms for luxuries."
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #448 on: July 20, 2018, 04:00:24 pm »

"Hey, I'm going to try to get those tablets. We need to know what that artifact is before we consider if we should hand it over. Anybody wants to help me?"

Follow Drett and Vikkan. Once I reach the first room, leave the artifact in some safe spot and try to climb up to the tablets.

Ask for help. If somebody volunteers, have them sit below me and use my shirt to safely catch the tablets as I drop them (assuming they aren't so heavy they will pierce it when they fall). Hopefully they'll also catch me (or at least act as a fleshy pillow) if I fall.

Otherwise, get as many as I can safely carry and climb back down.

If they're stuck and I can't move them, then try reading one or describing then to the others, if I can.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
[18/10][1]
You hand the artifact off for safe keeping and then make a running leap into the wall. You run a few paces up until your momentum runs out then leap towards the shelf. You catch hold of it in a very awkward position, both hands clinging to the middle divider of the shelf. You start slipping but swing yourself up and wedge your leg into the space between the mid shelf and the top, locking yourself in place. That done, you start pulling tablets out. It takes some effort, almost like they're magnets stuck to metal; they resist but as you pull the resistance grows rapidly weaker and then gives out. You yank them out one by one and drop them down to your helpers.

Assist with the looting. Consider medical uses of loot.

Not bolded but you have the highest dex among would be loot catchers so lets try you first.
[14] Nope.  Lets try Clate.
[6] Good.

"Yes, friend Kara, I'll assist you. I don't want to mess too much with the final barrel anyway, since there's a fairly dangerous snake artifact thing trapped inside of it. "

Can I get a knowledge check on the artifacts I gathered? Specifically: the labradorite rod, the golden cubes and the crystal toothpick in the slate box? Maybe an extra one to figure out what the chrome foil is for.

As for my actual action, Help Kara out with gathering the tablets.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
You already failed a check on the rod so no, you can't for that. But you can for the cubes and toothpick.
[7,1]
The cubes appear to be exactly what they look like, small cubes made out of gold. Valuable but not exactly exotic. As per the tooth pick you're pretty sure its one of the much rumored conversion crystals. One of the theories involving the Gemstone people is that they weren't always made of stone. That they used some form of miracle to change themselves into stone. There's some evidence in that a handful of explorers have been changed into what appear to be gemstone people via exposure to an artifact called a "Rainbow Pin". They always exposed themselves accidentally and the pin was destroyed in the process so there are no examples of it, just descriptions.

That done, you walk over and catch the tablets Kara is dropping down, stacking them off to the side as you do.

Wiellste's theories made him raise an eyebrow. It was a really weird thing to hear, but then again he wasn't too familiar with the effects of diving. He also didn't want to sound doubtful or suspicious and come off as rude, specially when she seemed to mean well and his memories did get scrambled with.

"So the spell made my right hand disappear and erases my memories of ever having one?" he asked, looking down at his pendant-less chain. "If that's the case, then maybe they did something else. I have this chain but I have no idea why, there's nothing on it. Could some have taken what was here?" The arrival of more people cut Vikkan's theorizing short.

"Empty chain? Interesting. Not all sphere-related effects come from diving, it's possible that you wore something there, aligned with En, that erased itself along with your hand."

Take a closer look at the plain chain that Vikkan wears around his neck. What could have been there before?

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)
[9] The silver chain he's wearing is identical to those the church gives out with their "Black Flame" pendants.  You're certain of it.

"I don't have or had any occult artifacts as far as I know. Never had any interest in them. Then again, I guess my memory isn't the same as it was." Vikkan still had a faint smile on, but he was obviously less prone to good humor right after having almost bled to death. Figuring out the team was going to stay longer, he decided he might as well give them a hand (his only one) to speed things up.

Provide assistance to any low-effort task to make the looting process go faster.
Everything honestly looks like a lot of work so you just sort of sit back and let it all happen. With your back against this cold stone and your front pointed towards the heat pouring in from the doorway out to the balcony, its actually rather pleasant here.

Help with retrieving those damnable tablets already, then look them over and try to glean what information I can from them. 

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
You sit down on the ground near the pile of Tablets Clate is making and pull one off the top. Its about 8 inches across by 12 high by an inch thick, and as hefty as you would expect for a slab of crystal.  You can tell immediately that their language and writing system isn't like your own; its almost like a form of braille, with both faces covered in little raised points, ridges and branching growths. [19]

You have no idea what it says.

Look around and try to find the dream thing that is watching me. Is the void completely empty or only devoid of light?

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
You turn in the void, spinning around in all directions only to suddenly be shaken awake by Ashul.

Test the knife to see if it can cut crystal. Then inspect the entombed barrel. Is there any evidence of the snake, dead or alive as it may be? Then inspect the crystal from the tree, does it seem like pure lead in crystallized form, or like a crystalline substance that is diluted with lead?
If it hasn’t already been reflected, I also take the loot that Clate said I could have

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
You grab one of the chunks of broken crystal and press your knife to it. It cuts easily, letting you shave a small piece off like it was made of wax.

You inspect the barrel but you can't really see inside it; there's too much crystal lead blocking your vision. You walk over to the pieces of the crystal tree and kneel down to inspect them. They appear to be pure lead, though of a form you're not familiar with. You've seen crystal lead before and its an ugly lumpy starburst sort of thing, not the elegant, fragile branching form that this takes.
I assumed that as soon as you two decided on a split, you took it.

"This seems like a chest of sorts, I wonder what's inside it. Mind helping me open it?"

Knock on the obsidian cube to check whether it's hollow or not. Should it be hollow, try to open it with my shovel.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
You tap the cube with your shovel and it is so damn unyielding that even a few relatively gentle taps with vibrate your arm uncomfortably. It doesn't sound hollow. It sounds more solid than the ground its sitting on.

The lizard monster takes this opportunity to start collecting the broken remains of the barrels that the other looters broke open.

Also ponder the recipe for creating a mechanical arm.
Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
I've been told to stop handing out recipes. Instead, we're supposed to tinker.

"Wake up, Aspirant. I have returned, and I have an idea. We must meet with the rest of the Collared ones to discuss it though. I need your help to extend my bridge so we can cross over to the ruins."

Wake the Aspirant up, and work feeling back into my body before attempting to Dive again. If I feel that I would be at disadvantage, do not Dive. Otherwise:
Akhmah -> Es -> Hel (2 rolls)
Reinforce Akhmah 3x, reinforce Hel 2x (5 rolls)
7 rolls + final nerve + final Akhmah roll

Transmute a portion of the bridge into aluminum. Goal is to make several long rods to help with structural integrity.

You wake the Aspirant up and shake your limbs out. You've been rolling at disadvantage for a while now, but if you don't want to, then we won't.

Clate mentioned a snake.  Go over to the barrel and grab the snake, then break it in half.  Repeat as necessary on the halves until it ceases to be a danger.

The barrel is completely filled with crystal lead so the snake is pretty damn embedded and unreachable for the moment. If you smash the barrel open though, you could go snake grabbing...so to speak.

Experiment with my new pet to see if I can figure out his purpose.

[3]
You look at the thing and let it walk around a bit. You think it might be some kind of vermin killer; those spear feet could really murder the heck out of rats or bugs or snakemaggots.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 20, 2018, 04:10:23 pm »

"Vikkan, this is certainly the chain that comes with a black flame. I don't know what else I can tell you, but hopefully knowing what you've lost will help you to regain it."

Tablets? With writing on them? Let's translate that shit!

Think about this shit:

If I cut out a section of wall material, could it then be sharpened to have a decent edge? How thick is it? If I thinned it down to the thickness of a sword blade, would it retain its strength? How heavy would said blade be, compared to a normal steel blade?

If the wall material wouldn't be weapons-grade, do I see anything around that would? Maybe the crystal knife can carve that solid black block? I bet that material would make a neat weapon.

If I used structural junk originating from crystal barrels to make a standard sword, would said sword magically be made from normal metal? Or are we keeping track of the junk's origin?

If we're supposed to tinker, let us tinker.

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 03:25:19 pm by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 231