Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 384240 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG
« Reply #450 on: July 20, 2018, 04:28:59 pm »

Good! That was easy. I don't know what took those guys so long. Now all I have to do is... to get... down... there... Oh crap, that's really high, why did I get up here?
"Uuuh, can somebody help me get down now? Please?"
Meow?
Very carefully climb down from the shelf. Hopefully someone will catch me if I fall.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 02:21:59 am by Parisbre56 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #451 on: July 20, 2018, 05:31:06 pm »

"Nope, this isn't a chest at all, it's completely solid." Alex sighed in frustration. "Let's find something else to loot."

Find some crystal barrels and smash them open.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 20, 2018, 05:36:19 pm »

Vikkan looked at his stump, then back to Wiellste. "And can I get it back? I'm not a diver, so I have no idea. In any case, I might be better off at least putting something here to help me manipulate things. Maybe a hook." he commented, using his remaining hand to thoughtfully groom his mustache.

His thoughts were interrupted by Kara's pleas. "Kara needs help and I'm in no shape to do it." he pointed out to the group, raising his voice to get their attention.
As before, help if necessary and not too dangerous.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 20, 2018, 08:12:18 pm »

”Alright lads, I’m itching to get out of here now. If anyone’s inclined to get at the stuff in that barrel, I’ll lend you my special gem cutting knife. In return, I want what ever’s left of the obsidian snake thing. And I want my knife back when you’re done. Other than that, you’re welcome to everything else, as far as I’m concerned”
Offer to temporarily lend my knife to anyone still determined to open the entombed barrel, in exchange for the remains of the snake.
Other than that, I’m going to start eyeballing our escape rope, does it still seem intact? And does the giant worm still seem to be ignoring everything?

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 20, 2018, 09:13:46 pm »

"I thought so, it doesn't look like a chest...And even if it is possibly a valuable material, we are in no condition to carry it. I will check on the others for now."
Return to the area with the rest of the group-Or if everyone is too scattered, just wait for them near mustachio for now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 20, 2018, 10:03:25 pm »

Help the nice birdie get down. All careful like.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 10:05:09 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 21, 2018, 02:39:03 pm »

I've been told to stop handing out recipes. Instead, we're supposed to tinker.
Instead, we're supposed to tinker.
tinker.

I am always willing to be your tinkermaster, Piecewise! :3

Nyw turns to Harm and chuckles.  "How amusing.  You feel that allowing the use of a tool you discovered by chance entitles you to the remains of a dangerous creature which presents no risk to you, if it is dispatched.  Not a particularly selfless one, hmm?"

Is there a 'crystal friend' somewhere unattended nearby?  If it wouldn't be upsetting anyone, go grab it and show it the barrel with the snake inside.  Generally just poke the barrel with it until something happens.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 21, 2018, 04:09:44 pm »

”Eh, call it what you want, and call me selfish if you want, but me and him (jabs finger at barrel) have got a bit of a vendetta going. But, I’ve already had my go, and I’m not stupid enough to tilt at an enemy I don’t have to. But I’m any case, I’m willing to let you have everything else in the barrel, and I’m not selfish, so I could owe you a favor. I just want to inspect the remains. Might learn a think or two from ‘em”
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 21, 2018, 05:03:18 pm »

May as well do this spell, as the Aspirant seems disinclined to participate.
Akhmah -> Es -> Hel (2 rolls)
Reinforce Akhmah 3x, reinforce Hel 2x (5 rolls)
7 rolls + final nerve + final Akhmah roll

Transmute a portion of the bridge into aluminum. Goal is to make several long rods to help with structural integrity.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 21, 2018, 07:12:32 pm »

"Hey," Clate says to nobody in particular, as he gingerly stows away the slate box. "do you guys know about Rainbow Pins? I seem to recall they're artifacts the gem people used to, well, transform into gem people. And I think I may just have found one. Supposedly explorers sometimes get into contact with one and turn into a gemperson by accident, but the process destroys the Pin."

Can I get a knowledge check on the chrome foil, what it might have been used for exactly and how its application process works? I don't think I've tried a check on that thing before.

Regardless, faff about. Aid in helping Kara down if necessary.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 01:28:21 pm by Pancaek »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 21, 2018, 10:26:25 pm »

Be clueless. What am I even supossed to help with? AsHul hasn't said anything yet.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 27, 2018, 05:42:56 am »

Follow Kara, try to get bearings.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 27, 2018, 03:06:22 pm »

Examine those tablets my allies are acquiring. Can I figure out what they say where Adam failed?

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 30, 2018, 09:54:54 am »

If she seems to have any trouble, help Kara down

You seem to have gotten yourself into quite a predicament there, miss Kara. Would you like some help down?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #464 on: July 30, 2018, 01:18:56 pm »

"Vikkan, this is certainly the chain that comes with a black flame. I don't know what else I can tell you, but hopefully knowing what you've lost will help you to regain it."

Tablets? With writing on them? Let's translate that shit!

Think about this shit:

If I cut out a section of wall material, could it then be sharpened to have a decent edge? How thick is it? If I thinned it down to the thickness of a sword blade, would it retain its strength? How heavy would said blade be, compared to a normal steel blade?

If the wall material wouldn't be weapons-grade, do I see anything around that would? Maybe the crystal knife can carve that solid black block? I bet that material would make a neat weapon.

If I used structural junk originating from crystal barrels to make a standard sword, would said sword magically be made from normal metal? Or are we keeping track of the junk's origin?

If we're supposed to tinker, let us tinker.

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)
[5]
You grab one of the tablets and start running your fingers across its surface. Your exoskeleton means you don't have the best tactile sense but  you quickly figure out some patterns and connect them to the Late Crystalline Braille you've learned in the past. You go through the tablets one by one, translating each.  The translation isn't perfect but you think you get the gist of each. There are three distinct subjects: the first is a diary...or maybe a record of current events of the time? Hard to say since they make no reference to themselves or any of their thoughts, they just record whats going on.  The second is instructions for the use of an "Obedience rod" a tool for manipulating specific kinds of stone.  The third is a short list of objects, apparently an inventory.

The wall material is stone or crystal. You're not really sure of the properties of it but you think it could be made to hold a decent edge. You don't know anything specific without testing it, but you think it could probably be honed into a sharp, albeit maybe a bit brittle, blade.

You don't know about that black material unless those guys told you.

If you're using it as "Junk" it becomes sort of generic and we don't track the origin unless you want to. So you could either track it as "Crystal chunks:Junk" or just "Junk" and it could be either crystalline looking or metal.

Good! That was easy. I don't know what took those guys so long. Now all I have to do is... to get... down... there... Oh crap, that's really high, why did I get up here?
"Uuuh, can somebody help me get down now? Please?"
Meow?
Very carefully climb down from the shelf. Hopefully someone will catch me if I fall.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

[7]
You clamber around till you get a better hold on the structure and then swing back and forth, building up some momentum before throwing yourself towards the wall. You hit it with both feet, jump off and then roll as you hit the ground, easily making it down unharmed.

"Ta-DA!"

"Nope, this isn't a chest at all, it's completely solid." Alex sighed in frustration. "Let's find something else to loot."

Find some crystal barrels and smash them open.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
[17]
You walk back to another unsealed room and take aim at a crystal barrel sitting low on a wall. You hold your shovel on both hands and slam it down on the container with all your might. Not only does the container not budge an inch, but you must have snapped a weld or a rivet because the head of the shovel separates from the handle. It slides off uselessly, clanging to the ground.

”Alright lads, I’m itching to get out of here now. If anyone’s inclined to get at the stuff in that barrel, I’ll lend you my special gem cutting knife. In return, I want what ever’s left of the obsidian snake thing. And I want my knife back when you’re done. Other than that, you’re welcome to everything else, as far as I’m concerned”
Offer to temporarily lend my knife to anyone still determined to open the entombed barrel, in exchange for the remains of the snake.
Other than that, I’m going to start eyeballing our escape rope, does it still seem intact? And does the giant worm still seem to be ignoring everything?

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
You offer your knife in return for a cut of loot and then walk out onto the balcony. The rope and harness are still there, waiting patiently.  And the Worm is still over on the other wall, dutifully grinding away.

"I thought so, it doesn't look like a chest...And even if it is possibly a valuable material, we are in no condition to carry it. I will check on the others for now."
Return to the area with the rest of the group-Or if everyone is too scattered, just wait for them near mustachio for now.
You return to the entrance and hang out with Mr. Mustache.

I've been told to stop handing out recipes. Instead, we're supposed to tinker.
Instead, we're supposed to tinker.
tinker.

I am always willing to be your tinkermaster, Piecewise! :3

Nyw turns to Harm and chuckles.  "How amusing.  You feel that allowing the use of a tool you discovered by chance entitles you to the remains of a dangerous creature which presents no risk to you, if it is dispatched.  Not a particularly selfless one, hmm?"

Is there a 'crystal friend' somewhere unattended nearby?  If it wouldn't be upsetting anyone, go grab it and show it the barrel with the snake inside.  Generally just poke the barrel with it until something happens.

You pick up Kara's crystal friend and carefully poke the barrel with its tip. The barrel... well a seam appears on the top of it, as though opening (or becoming) a lid. Hm. You don't open it for the moment. Snakes and such.

Follow Kara, try to get bearings.
You are currently in the entrance room, right next to the balcony that everyone climbed down onto when they left the bore.  And I would attempt to have you try and follow Kara's lead by doing sweet ninja flips off a wall but I'm a nice guy so I won't.

Be clueless. What am I even supossed to help with? AsHul hasn't said anything yet.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)

You look around in abject confusion as to what the hell is both going on and what this madman wants you to do to help with HIS dive.

May as well do this spell, as the Aspirant seems disinclined to participate.
Akhmah -> Es -> Hel (2 rolls)
Reinforce Akhmah 3x, reinforce Hel 2x (5 rolls)
7 rolls + final nerve + final Akhmah roll

Transmute a portion of the bridge into aluminum. Goal is to make several long rods to help with structural integrity.

[2,   17,   2,   8,   1,   2,   20] [-1 Nerve] [1,9]

You close your eyes and reach out. You return with greater force than usual, enough to knock you back a few staggering steps. The transmutation is not perfect, but it is effective: the supports of the bridge are Covered in a mesh or framework of aluminum, converting part of the stone into metal, but not all of it. Still, it does reinforce pretty effectively.

Examine those tablets my allies are acquiring. Can I figure out what they say where Adam failed?

[8]
You take the tablets and translate them too, right after the other Ethral is done. No harm in redundancy and checking of results, after all. You both compare notes and agree with the translation. There are minor differences but you assume those are just due to subjective interpretation and it does nothing to detract from the overall translation.

I skipped the "Help X" posts that didn't get used.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 10:58:25 am by piecewise »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 231