Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 384520 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #510 on: August 04, 2018, 12:17:06 pm »

With her newfound snake bits, the abomination takes to examine(read: lick) the bits and tries to see if there is any latent magnetic power left.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Crystal weapons, Snake charmers, and Bloody Noses.
« Reply #511 on: August 04, 2018, 03:22:55 pm »

"Not quite sure what is that inside, but the can itself seems valuable itself. So I suppose we can worry about what is inside later, or just toss away whatever it is."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 04, 2018, 04:32:33 pm »

After smashing the snake, Nyw simply stands still and stares at its remains for awhile.  It isn't until the strange abomination starts to lick at the pieces that he returns to his senses.  He crouches down and carefuly reaches out to touch the lizard's shoulder, and speaks quietly.  "Careful, child of Balarim.  The snake was an unnatural life, it may yet be dangerous, even in its unnatural death."

With that warning, he stands up and turns, surveying his surroundings.  Immediately, he notes the crystalline murakumo laying next to him.  He picks it up with both hands, reverently holding it in front of his mask as he examines the weapon.  After a few seconds, he turns to look at Wiellste, asking her "Did you create this, little one?  It is... beautiful.  A masterpiece." his gaze returns to the blade as he shifts his grip to its hilt and carefully runs a gauntleted hand along the curved edge of the blade "I must apologize if your intentions were otherwise, but this blade is mine now.  I could not bear to relinquish such a work of art.  The Lords' Child is deeply in your debt, little artisan."

Take that crystal murakumo, now.  Then walk a safe distance away from the others, and try out its moveset test its balance, practice swinging it through the air.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 04, 2018, 04:50:00 pm »

"Yes, I made that for you. As such, you are welcome to have it. I do not think it is quite a masterpiece, but it is what we have available, for now. The hilt could use some wrapping, the blade is heavy, and I worry that it might shatter if too much force is applied. But the edge should be considerably sharper than steel.
...Ah, and thank Harm for finding that knife. I could not shape crystal to such precision without a tool like that."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 04, 2018, 05:18:57 pm »

”That sword looks fragile. I know little about such things, but Mayhaps a diver could alter it to make it stronger”
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #515 on: August 05, 2018, 06:13:30 am »

”Clate my good slug, I don’t believe this particular venture is worth it. I say we head back to the bore, the sooner to get these retched collars off”
Head back to the balcony and check that the exit path is still clear and safe. If so, then leave.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
You wander back to the balcony and check on the rope. Its still there, as it was before. So you slip the harness on and give the rope three good tugs. For about 30 seconds nothing happens and you start to get worried that they're not paying attention, but then the rope quivers and starts to retract. Your ascent is faster than the descent -apparently the guards don't have the careful hand that Vikkian does- so you get yanked painfully off the ground and wound straight up into the bore. You're literally dragged back in through the little service hatch in a very undignified manner and the drill stops spinning just before you get dragged around the axle.  There's a guard sitting, literally sitting because of the tight confines, near the door with a rifle pointed at you. He doesn't shoot or anything, but he keeps a level eye on you as you undo the harness, clearly not in the mood to deal with any sort of harebrained schemes.

"Do you have the relic?" He asks.

Read the instructions on how to use that "Obedience rod". Does it sound like something I would be good at, considering my skills? Or should I stick to shooting stuff?

I haven't really been keeping track, has it been looted already? It not, grab it. ((I'll try to search to see if it has when I have some time.)) Edit: Is it the labradorite rod Clate found?

Have I heard of Crystal People having rooms for a specific purpose, such as armoury, library or vehicle depot? Do I have any idea where any of those rooms could be?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

The tablets don't have instructions, the section that talks about the rod is an inventory of sorts, just a list of what was in the barrels. "Obedience Rod" is the extent of what they say about it.

You don't know. You assume so, its the only rod that really seems to fit the description. The description being that there's only one of them listed, as opposed to the other more numerous rods made of metal.

You have no idea; never heard of such a thing but just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it isn't true. You just haven't heard of it.

Loot the barrel!

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
You find a few things. There's a collection of what appear to be samples of different kinds of stones and crystals. There are a few precious ones, including a diamond, but the majority of them are underwhelming in terms of their monetary value. [10] Your knowledge of geology lets you recognize this as a fairly accurate survey of all the major minerals, stones, and crystals in the area.  After that is a stack of 10 crystal tablets with a metal axle piercing their top left corners so that they're all held together in a neat row, but can be rotated out of the way to read the tablet below. Lastly, there is a fairly large crystal box; maybe 14 inches tall and 8 wide and thick.

"Do we have a plan yet? If we need to Dive I could help with that, if someone would lend me their shard. I'm not the best, but better than an exhausted diver."

Hmm. Hel next.

Recall the instructions for using the "obedience rod". What kinds of stone might it be able to alter? Maybe I could use it to reinforce that sword I made. If the sword is weak, maybe I could weave in thin strands of that heavy black stone. Might also be able to make the hilt easier to grip.

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)
[17]
Shrug. Dunno.

Again, there were no instructions, just the words "Obedience rod".

Hmm...Well the material sphere could probably be just a 1, but the action sphere would need to have few pumped into it or you might accidentally do too much or too little. Need some precision here. No good turning the bomb to inert material if you also do the same with the person's spinal cord.

That's already pretty useful, but for the action sphere I was hoping for a little more granularity than 'a few'. Are we talking a range from 2 to 4, more like around 6, or what?

Also, assuming we'd be trying to do these collar disabling dives, how many could a diver do in a single turn? Assuming the only thing he'd be doing is the same dive over and over again to disable collars.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Probably 4...ish.

One, but if you're doing the same thing over and over, one right after the next, I'll give you advantage in every dive after the first successful one.

”Clate my good slug, I don’t believe this particular venture is worth it. I say we head back to the bore, the sooner to get these retched collars off”

"I do believe you are correct, friend Harm. Who knows, perhaps this block is some kind of anchor, keeping this entire structute from tipping over into the magma. Let us not mess with it further.

Leave the obsidiant block alone. Faff about until it's time to leave. Stroll around picking up random bits of junk or something, never straying too far from the rest of the group.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Not a lot of random stuff around; these doors are all closed.

With her newfound snake bits, the abomination takes to examine(read: lick) the bits and tries to see if there is any latent magnetic power left.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
[8]
You hold one of the pieces up and run a tongue over it. You're pretty sure it is just dormant; maybe connecting the pieces back together might reawaken it!

After smashing the snake, Nyw simply stands still and stares at its remains for awhile.  It isn't until the strange abomination starts to lick at the pieces that he returns to his senses.  He crouches down and carefuly reaches out to touch the lizard's shoulder, and speaks quietly.  "Careful, child of Balarim.  The snake was an unnatural life, it may yet be dangerous, even in its unnatural death."

With that warning, he stands up and turns, surveying his surroundings.  Immediately, he notes the crystalline murakumo laying next to him.  He picks it up with both hands, reverently holding it in front of his mask as he examines the weapon.  After a few seconds, he turns to look at Wiellste, asking her "Did you create this, little one?  It is... beautiful.  A masterpiece." his gaze returns to the blade as he shifts his grip to its hilt and carefully runs a gauntleted hand along the curved edge of the blade "I must apologize if your intentions were otherwise, but this blade is mine now.  I could not bear to relinquish such a work of art.  The Lords' Child is deeply in your debt, little artisan."

Take that crystal murakumo, now.  Then walk a safe distance away from the others, and try out its moveset test its balance, practice swinging it through the air.

You take the crystal Murakumo up and test it.  As you expect, its balance is quite bad; its not much more than a sharpened bar with a crude handle carved into it after all. The initial swing is easy enough, especially if its a downwards blow, but follow up attacks are more difficult, requiring a good deal of effort to stop and then redirect the weight. The blade whistles like a razor as it cuts through the air. 

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #516 on: August 05, 2018, 06:42:22 am »

Oops
Try again:
Extend the reinforced bridge to reach the ruins.

path: 4 rolls
Reinforce balaram 4x reinforce Sige 1x: 5 rolls.
9 Nerve rolls, final Nerve roll, final Balaram Roll.

Should the Dive succeed, cross over the bridge to the ruins and meet with the group.

(7,   7,   16,   19,   5,   2,   16,   7,   4) [-1 nerve] (7, 10)

From your position sitting against the wall you close your eyes and envision the bridge, now a very familiar thing. You return to your body a moment later, but you're not entirely sure where you are or whats going on for several moments. Eventually The moth shakes you into relative coherence and you both walk over to see that your bridge is finally done! The only caveat being that the last bit of it arcs downward sharply so it connects to the lower levels of the structure.

As per obedience rod instructions, I was informed that I forgot that the second thing was explicit instructions. It was like 3am when I started this and I'm sick so I'm going to cut myself some slack and just post the stuff here rather than editing anything.

The instructions say, through crude and literal translation, that you basically need to make contact with the material using the rod and then can direct it using a combination of pointing and other movements with the rod, along with several verbal instructions listed on the tablet. These are, with their closest translation:

MAGNEL : CARRY
XIMEYITE : DROP           
COFIESONY : SAY         
KINAKOVER : UNLOCK 
SAFNON : LIGHT
SARE : EXTINGUISH
ENSHBURY : WAVE
VATE : ATTACK
GROM : POUR             
QUESTAL : EAT           
YE'ELS : DRINK           
HURY : RUB             
KANGITE : THROW           
KADO : FIND             
MIALYITE : FEED         
CHITERIX : FILL   
BENKATE : BLAST           
THORE : READ             
SERVARE : BREAK           
GASONIC : WAKE           
RHENE : SUSPEND

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #517 on: August 05, 2018, 07:46:00 am »

((Thanks piecewise!))

Kara approaches Clate with this new information.
"Hey Clate. First of all, great work on getting us down here, it was a smooth ride, as expected. Sorry I didn't congratulate you sooner, but, you know, we had more pressing matters."
"Still haven't figured out what happened with that missing time." she muttered to herself.
"So, anyway, what I wanted to say was that we found some very interesting information on those tablets. It looks like that rod can be used to control stone or at least stone constructs. Would you be willing to test it or give it to a Diver so they can test it? I'm thinking it could be used to gather all those constructs so we can use them later. Maybe we could even use them to attack those people that abducted us without risking our lives."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 05, 2018, 08:35:39 am »

"Thank you for bringing me to my senses, Aspirant.

I am getting a little tired from all this Diving. Too much work to be done to sleep yet.

Coming, Aspirant?"

If the bridge is safely traversable for AsHul, do so. Are there entrances into the ruins that he can reach fro the bridge? If so, peek in to see if there are apparent threats. if no threats reveal themselves, enter the ruins. If I spot teammates other than Lokam, wave and call out to them.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 12:20:08 pm by Ozarck »

Hotfire90

« Reply #519 on: August 05, 2018, 11:17:32 am »

"Hey Kara, I've got a bunch of tablets you might want to check out."

What noteworthy ores, crystals and minerals does the sample contain?

Take the samples, give Kara the tablets and open the box and inspect its contents.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #520 on: August 05, 2018, 11:29:39 am »

Kara is not one to look a gift tablet in the axle, so she makes a polite bow and accepts the tablets.
"Thanks! That's great. The more we know the better we can use what we get from this place."

"Uh, anybody want to read this with me?"

Give my Crystal Friend to anyone who might want to explore some more or open boxes.

Try to read the tablets Alex found (the ones linked by an axle) if nobody more qualified is able to.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 06:21:50 pm by Parisbre56 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 05, 2018, 12:04:07 pm »

Tell them That something caused a bunch of people to run off quickly. Then tell them that some of those people came back, but I’m not positive whether they have the artifact. Tell them I came up to give a status update, and ask how much time we have left.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 12:11:49 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 05, 2018, 12:14:22 pm »

((Confirmed in IC: my bridge connects to the towers fine. Anyone outside or in the entrance who might have a view of the original borehole should see my bridge and possibly one or two figures coming across.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 05, 2018, 05:07:59 pm »

Kara approaches Clate with this new information.
"Hey Clate. First of all, great work on getting us down here, it was a smooth ride, as expected. Sorry I didn't congratulate you sooner, but, you know, we had more pressing matters."
"Still haven't figured out what happened with that missing time." she muttered to herself.
"So, anyway, what I wanted to say was that we found some very interesting information on those tablets. It looks like that rod can be used to control stone or at least stone constructs. Would you be willing to test it or give it to a Diver so they can test it? I'm thinking it could be used to gather all those constructs so we can use them later. Maybe we could even use them to attack those people that abducted us without risking our lives."

"So this is more than just a shiny bauble? What wonderful news you bring me, friend Kara! Let us find the nearest construct and test it out."

Find one of those spider constructs. Touch it with the obedience rod. Then point the rod to it, then to one of the locked doors and say "Kinakover" (unlock).

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 05, 2018, 05:42:27 pm »

"Y-yeah..! But maybe you shouldn't dive so much. I wish I could help, but I have never tried to dive before."

Carefully follow AsHul. Try not to fall and use my wings if I do fall.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 231