Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 384596 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG: Like I want your sorry ass to have my beautiful crystal babies
« Reply #570 on: August 10, 2018, 11:38:12 am »

Fine, go back down and try to craft the sword. Again, use material from the barrel, and use the knife.
Inform comrades about not being allowed in the bore.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
[16]
You use up all 8 units of structural junk plus your chunks of blue crystal in an attempt to make a sword. By the end of it you have nothing to show but a bunch of vaguely sharp shards of crystal, all too small or awkward to even be used as a knife. You effectively whittled your supplies down into shrapnel.

Assemble the golem by attaching the flat disc to its bottom and the hooks to the front. Carry the box of golem limbs with me for now and continue exploring with my newly assembled golem buddy.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
You carefully place the parts onto the main body and they snap into place as though pulled there by magnets or some other unseen force.  Once you have the bottom and the two limbs on, the thing begins moving; hovering several inches above the ground on the flat base. It follows you as you walk around, though doesn't seem to do much beyond that, at least for the moment.

[15]
You and your newly assembled friend wander around for a while, opening doors, but can't really find anything very interesting.

"There can be no growth without risk. If I am to escape this collar, I may as well harness it to our benefit, as well. Nyw, with your permission I will borrow your sword and reinforce it through Diving."

Pick up that golem. Borrow Adam's artifact fragment and the sword I made for Nyw.
Take all this and move to a place a short distance away from the others. Still within sight, preferably.

Estimate the material and action reinforcements needed to use Balarim and Sige for the purposes of modifying the crystal murokumo's structure, making it sharper, more durable, and more balanced.
If an estimate is available, make reinforcements accordingly when I dive. Otherwise, use the values listed.

• Confirm that I am in the Focused state. If not, abort.
  • Sacrifice the golem and the collar.
  • Sacrifice 1 point of Strength.
  • Dive via pathway 6 to Balarim.
  • Reinforce the Balarim connection 2 times.
  • Dive via Passage 20 to Yengenze.
  • Dive via Passage 14 to Es.
  • Dive via Passage 22 to Sige.
  • Reinforce the Sige connection 6 times.
  • Recall to Akhmah.
  • Modify the crystal murokumo as described above.

If I'm still alive and in control of my body, return the sword to Nyw and the shard to Adam.

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)
You carefully set the sword a good 10 feet from you before sitting down with your sacrifices. [10] You figure out what you think would be the right amount of power to add to each sphere and close your eyes, placing a hand on both the Golem and on the Collar. You open the way and sacrifice them both.

It is at this point that our humble skeleton narrator will step back and explain how the anti-diving failsafes on this collar work.  As you know, the explosive is here in the back of the collar, in perfect position to sever the spine.  However, around the entire circumference of the collar are sensors of a sort. These do one thing: they emit a constant signal to let the collar know that no one has cut into or through it. If the signal from two or more of these sensors is lost, the collar automatically detonates. When Everyone's favorite moth girl decided to sacrifice her collar in an attempt to both free herself and use her captor's tools to her advantage, it meant that she was making a gamble. She can't control how the Collar phases out once sacrificed so she had to hope that it just phased out all together or at least in a way that didn't sever the connections of the sensors and detonate the bomb. She got close. The collar melted like a candle, dissolving from the top down. The good news is that by the time the sensors were tripped about half the material of the bomb itself had melted into the ether, reducing its explosive force. [13] The bad news is that even thus reduced, Wiellste has the neck of a tiny baby and is no match for a blast.

The bomb goes off with the sound of reverberating metal and a bone shaking bang that reverberates dozens of times in the confined space. Wiellste is throw face first to the ground and her collar splits into two halves that bounce away, smoldering until they vanish entirely, the sacrifices still being absorbed even if the diver is dead. Wiellste lies face down and unmoving in a widening pool of dark blue ichor.

"...It is your creation, Little Artisan.  If you believe you can improve it without endangering yourself, I have no complaint.  Do be careful."  Nyw says, before reluctantly placing the heavy murakumo on the floor in front of Wiellste.

Relinquish the murakumo to Wiellste.  Watch anxiously from the sidelines while she dives and works on it.

((If sacrificing the collar actually works without killing you I'll be amazed and greatly amused.))

"....Y'all right?"

"I guess that means we're going to try to remove our collars one by one?"

Did I see any other doors in the room we found the Artifact or was the tower just one big room?

Can I try translating the last entry in the diary again? I mean, do I only get one shot or do I get another shot?

Look at the removed collar. Does it look like it has any ways to adjust its size or do they look custom built? Any other easy ways they could be removed made apparent when examining their inner side?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

You don't remember seeing any other exits, no.

You can take another shot, at a disadvantage.

[19] Moku thrusts the collar into your hands.  You turn it over to look for size adjusting knobs and it falls right out of your hands. It hits the ground and flattens out like it was nothing but a thin membrane filled with jelly. You squint down at it and then look at your hands. They're equally soft and floppy, fingers slurping and slorping about bonelessly. You look at Moku and scream. Moku screams back, voice gurgling down to inhuman pitches as the skin and flesh of her head rolls back off her skull like the hood of a jacket.

Looks like nothing's happening for now. Observe the construct for a minute or two, see if it does anything. If it doesn't, pass through the now syrupy door and check out that barrel.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
The construct stays right where it is, foot in the door, so to speak. You shrug and walk in, peaking into the barrel. Empty except for a large, raw cluster of crystal on the end of a metal rod.

Try again.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Stick to Adam and continue exploring the place. Examine the walls and furniture of these ruins.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
You wander around for a bit until you find a door you like the look of. It's nothing special, mind you, but it seems to have something...unique about it. You can't put a finger on what. You use the construct to enter the room and find...well its a box. About 4 feet long, 3 wide, 3 tall. And its sitting here, all alone, in the center of the room. Hm.

"Well, I'm up for an escape plan as long as we are freed from our collars or they are made non-explosive, though like I said I am no fighter and I'm too weak to be of much use even out of that. I can lend my mail shirt to anyone who wants to be part of the fighters." Vikkan told Kara.

Loot life with Garos.
"At least now we have our own key, now we can wander further to look for valuables."
Just keep looking for loot, and wait for Vikkan to open new rooms for them to examine.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At this point most of the rooms you're finding have clearly been opened already...if you're going to find anything new you'd have to traverse the walkways and find a new building.

"Ah ... it looks like another of us has freed herself from the collars. Well done, Miss. How many of us remain?"

AsHul checks on the Star Dragon, and contemplates the Depth he would need to Dive in order to issue a new command to It: a command to obey AsHul permanently.

You walk outside  and onto the balcony where you can get a good look at the star dragon. You're considering the reasonably of a dive when something unexpected happens.

There is a sound like gunfire but far FAR too massive and loud. Everyone, everywhere in the structure, hears it. But only AsHul, out on the balcony and looking at the dragon, sees the source. A crack appears in the wall the dragon is eroding, a fissure That must be several feet wide appears in the stone and races out in stuttering bursts, zig-zagging along the wall and up towards the ceiling. Dust and stones begin to fall from the cave ceiling and there is a sound like distant thunder rising all around. More cracks begin to appear, spreading from the first or from other places in the wall. One rips its way down into the magma and the sea of molten stone pours in for several seconds before settling.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Like I want your sorry ass to have my beautiful crystal babies
« Reply #571 on: August 10, 2018, 11:47:41 am »

"See, our fortunes have turned already! Be careful though, it might be trapped or guarded."

Look around, can I spot any traps? If not, go inside and inspect the box itself for traps. if still nothing, open a small hole in the top with the crystal construct and look in (if that's possible, if not just open it up and take a step back in case there's a snake inside).

There is a sound like gunfire but far FAR too massive and loud. Everyone, everywhere in the structure, hears it. But only AsHul, out on the balcony and looking at the dragon, sees the source. A crack appears in the wall the dragon is eroding, a fissure That must be several feet wide appears in the stone and races out in stuttering bursts, zig-zagging along the wall and up towards the ceiling. Dust and stones begin to fall from the cave ceiling and there is a sound like distant thunder rising all around. More cracks begin to appear, spreading from the first or from other places in the wall. One rips its way down into the magma and the sea of molten stone pours in for several seconds before settling.

"Either our friends are having themselves a party or something big and, I'll estimate, bad is afoot."

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 01:40:54 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #572 on: August 10, 2018, 11:54:34 am »

"Sure. I'll be careful..."

Search the box for traps. If we don't find anything, open it. Really don't care if it's a bomb since I have done absolutely nothing and this is the first interesting thing I have seen since I created this character.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 10, 2018, 12:00:27 pm »

"THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE STILL ALIVE IN THERE, WE SHOULD LEAVE. IMMEDIATELY!"

AsHul shouts teh above into the main room, then suits deed to word and moves across the bridge back to the borehole.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Under Pressure.
« Reply #574 on: August 10, 2018, 12:10:00 pm »

"THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE STILL ALIVE IN THERE, WE SHOULD LEAVE. IMMEDIATELY!"

AsHul shouts teh above into the main room, then suits deed to word and moves across the bridge back to the borehole.

"Did you hear that, Lokam? We'll have to hurry this up so we can leave with the others."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hotfire90

« Reply #575 on: August 10, 2018, 12:15:49 pm »

"What's going on?"

Hurry back to the main room and determine the cause of the sound.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 10, 2018, 12:24:58 pm »

”Wait, that’s the wrong piece… fuck… wait, that’s the wrong material… FUCK! It’s ok, I’ll just get more… god damn it”
Get to the moth corpse and grab her revolver. Then get to the balcony see what’s going on.
Addendum, If the moth is magically alive again then don’t go for the revolver.

If the big guy is going to be in the way, I’ll respectfully back off and head for the bore.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:13:08 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #577 on: August 10, 2018, 12:25:21 pm »

"AAAAAAAA"
AAAAAAAA
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 01:06:30 pm by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 10, 2018, 01:04:41 pm »

Vikkan was about to continue his looting efforts alongside Garos when the fairly leisurely scenario the group found itself in started to unravel in spectacular fashion. A pair of horrible noises invaded his ears one after the other, just the kind of sounds no one wants to hear. The kind he didn't want to hear.

"WHAT IS GOING ON?" Vikkan shouted, arriving in time to see one of his companions seemingly dead, Kara screaming as she suffered some sort of mutation and listen to the non-insane abomination's warning. His stomach sunk and for a moment he felt like biting his tongue until he felt blood and falling into a stunned stupor. He just couldn't give himself that amount of rest, though.

"Drett, please check on her! And if she's dead... Someone has to carry her!" The bore driver called to the medic Ethral, glancing at the honored dead at the last part before turning to Kara and the many-tongued abomination. "YOU! GET AWAY FROM KARA! KARA, MOVE AWAY FROM HER!" he shouted, spittle flying out of his mouth and from under his mustache. He had no idea what had happened, but he was too nervous and under too much stress to try and find out.

"EVERYONE ELSE, FINISH WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND LET'S MOVE!"

To the rope, tug on it with obvious urgency and let's get out of this place. After getting into the bore explain the situation, including the fact we have the artifact. If necessary, help anyone who stays behind due to fresh new wounds or whatever.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 06:17:56 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #579 on: August 10, 2018, 01:14:08 pm »

Use the Artifact to dive. Sacrifice my arm. Do Noth Jal Undyne to selectively reverse time. Focus on me, the dead moth (Egan) and the syrupy abomination (Yotta), aiming to get us back to a safe/normal state. If we also retained (or attained in my case) the loss of our collars that would be an added benefit, but not my main goal. I dunno if our equipment got damaged as part of our misfortunes but fixing that would also be an added bonus.

I dunno how exactly time reversal works, but if it affects the entire person the idea is that my missing arm, the general panic and the other differences will prevent us from doing the same mistakes.

If I need to specify a path and reinforcements, use the following: Noth + 4, Jal+2, Undyne + 6. Or whatever is most sensible.

If I can't affect 3 people in one dive, then split the dive and my sacrifice into 3 parts (hand, forearm, rest of arm).

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 05:26:48 am by Parisbre56 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Ia. Ia. Sige Fhtagn!
« Reply #580 on: August 10, 2018, 01:59:35 pm »

liek if you cri everytime

Spoiler: Wiellste. (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 10, 2018, 04:10:16 pm »

Light damn it all, this is why... Drett curses under his breath constantly as he moves immediately to Wiellste.

I don't think there is much I can do for her. Kara, are you in any pain?

Tend to the (most indeedly dead) moth on the ground. Any chance at all of resuscitation?

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 10, 2018, 04:39:54 pm »

Light damn it all, this is why... Drett curses under his breath constantly as he moves immediately to Wiellste.

I don't think there is much I can do for her. Kara, are you in any pain?

Tend to the (most indeedly dead) moth on the ground. Any chance at all of resuscitation?

He's dead Jim.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 10, 2018, 05:05:44 pm »

((Actual post now))

The abomination screams and shudders. She stumbles backward, tripping over the dead morsel, and falls to the ground flailing.  Her head, bashing against the umbra floor, arms and legs writhing like snakes in agony.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 10, 2018, 06:08:40 pm »

"What is going on? Just what happened in here!?"
Considering the situation they were currently in, he probably wouldn't have time to gather answers, the priority was obviously getting the hell out of that place as soon as possible.
"We need to get out of here RIGHT NOW. No time to keep fiddling around, otherwise none of us will leave this area in one piece!"
Follow Vikkan to the Bore to guarantee he gets there safely.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:12:46 pm by Praefectus Screptum »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 231