Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 380943 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Under Pressure.
« Reply #585 on: August 10, 2018, 06:20:26 pm »

Auft cooed sadly over the corpse of her fellow moth. Still, waste not want not...

Drag Wiellste's corpse back to the bore and haul us both up. Recruit passing companions if necessary to retrieve her carcass.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 10, 2018, 07:13:11 pm »

Nyw sighs, and walks over to Wiellste's body as soon as her collar explodes.  He kneels down next to the small moth and inspects her neck visually, but doesn't say anything.  When others rush over to grab at her body, he physically raises a massive arm over Wiellste, blocking their paths.  "Leave her." is all he says.

Block anyone who tried to move Wiellste, or take her items.  Keep the abomination at arm's reach if her flailing brings her close to Wiellste.  Wait until everyone else has left, then carefully pick up Wiellste and take her body to the rope personally.

Since the 'kumo should be within arm's reach anyway, grab that and hold it on one shoulder.  I don't suppose it sticks to the back, does it?  Could it be slid through gaps in Nyw's armor to hold it without hands, in case Nyw needs to carry multiple bodies?

((If sacrificing the collar actually works without killing you I'll be amazed and greatly amused.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 11, 2018, 07:41:27 pm »

Do a knowledge check on the rod with the crystal. Regardless of outcome, pick it up by using my magnetized/sticky shovel handle to grab onto the rod part, avoiding the crystal part.

Exit the door. Tap the construct again with the obedience rod and start moving towards the bore/winch. If the construct does not automatically start following me, drag it with me. Also, on my way to rejoin the bore/team, check periodically if I don't see any other constructs. If I do, go tap them with the obedience rod so they follow me as well.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #588 on: August 12, 2018, 10:35:20 am »

"See, our fortunes have turned already! Be careful though, it might be trapped or guarded."

Look around, can I spot any traps? If not, go inside and inspect the box itself for traps. if still nothing, open a small hole in the top with the crystal construct and look in (if that's possible, if not just open it up and take a step back in case there's a snake inside).

There is a sound like gunfire but far FAR too massive and loud. Everyone, everywhere in the structure, hears it. But only AsHul, out on the balcony and looking at the dragon, sees the source. A crack appears in the wall the dragon is eroding, a fissure That must be several feet wide appears in the stone and races out in stuttering bursts, zig-zagging along the wall and up towards the ceiling. Dust and stones begin to fall from the cave ceiling and there is a sound like distant thunder rising all around. More cracks begin to appear, spreading from the first or from other places in the wall. One rips its way down into the magma and the sea of molten stone pours in for several seconds before settling.

"Either our friends are having themselves a party or something big and, I'll estimate, bad is afoot."

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

[6]
You walk around the chest, careful, eyes searching its surface and the floor around it for any kind of suspicious mechanism. There were none, of course; the Gem people always seemed to keep their mechanics hidden within the inscrutable shell of stone. Something on the molecular level, maybe. You file it away to think on later, assuming you got that chance. You hold the crystal creature out as far from you as possible with one hand and tap it against the chest.  Just like with the barrels, a seam appears along the chest's upper section, splitting the stone into two unequal halves. The lid sort of rises up  and sides back a half inch, just enough that it rests on the lip of the chest instead of clicking back into the locked position.  You push it the rest of the way; its heavy but there's surprisingly little friction so once you get it moving it glides off and onto the floor with a bang.  Inside is a single object: It looks like a double beaker or sorts, a many faceted clear quartz container filled with some sort of thick, slightly yellow liquid. Inside this layer of liquid is another quartz container, this one containing something black. Or, you see upon closer inspection, not black but something very very very dark amber. Its so dark it looks black everywhere except along the edge where a bit of light can shine through and display the true color.  There is a long neck leading up from the inner beaker, through the outer one. This neck rises another 2 inches before it is corked and coated in some sort of substance that is clearly not stone.

"Sure. I'll be careful..."

Search the box for traps. If we don't find anything, open it. Really don't care if it's a bomb since I have done absolutely nothing and this is the first interesting thing I have seen since I created this character.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
[1] You concur with the assessment of the box as being safe and not trapped before Adam opens it.

"THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE STILL ALIVE IN THERE, WE SHOULD LEAVE. IMMEDIATELY!"

AsHul shouts teh above into the main room, then suits deed to word and moves across the bridge back to the borehole.

You shout a warning and then, your conscious clear and your work done, sprint back across the bridge as fast as your malformed legs will allow.

"What's going on?"

Hurry back to the main room and determine the cause of the sound.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
You run back into the balcony room and find a Corven and....a skinless lizard thing screaming at each other. You give THAT a wide berth and run over to the balcony. The source of the noise becomes very obvious from that point on. Also there's an abomination running away from the ruins on a stone bridge, waving a half frantic, half sarcastic goodbye as it does so.

”Wait, that’s the wrong piece… fuck… wait, that’s the wrong material… FUCK! It’s ok, I’ll just get more… god damn it”
Get to the moth corpse and grab her revolver. Then get to the balcony see what’s going on.
Addendum, If the moth is magically alive again then don’t go for the revolver.

If the big guy is going to be in the way, I’ll respectfully back off and head for the bore.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
You respectfully turn tail and dive into the harness. You give it several sharp tugs and send it back up to the bore. You're greeted by that same guard, though he is a lot more on edge this time, demanding to know whats going on and where the Relic is. He punctuates his sentences with meaningful thrusts of his rifle towards your chest.

"What is going on? Just what happened in here!?"
Considering the situation they were currently in, he probably wouldn't have time to gather answers, the priority was obviously getting the hell out of that place as soon as possible.
"We need to get out of here RIGHT NOW. No time to keep fiddling around, otherwise none of us will leave this area in one piece!"
Follow Vikkan to the Bore to guarantee he gets there safely.

Vikkan was about to continue his looting efforts alongside Garos when the fairly leisurely scenario the group found itself in started to unravel in spectacular fashion. A pair of horrible noises invaded his ears one after the other, just the kind of sounds no one wants to hear. The kind he didn't want to hear.

"WHAT IS GOING ON?" Vikkan shouted, arriving in time to see one of his companions seemingly dead, Kara screaming as she suffered some sort of mutation and listen to the non-insane abomination's warning. His stomach sunk and for a moment he felt like biting his tongue until he felt blood and falling into a stunned stupor. He just couldn't give himself that amount of rest, though.

"Drett, please check on her! And if she's dead... Someone has to carry her!" The bore driver called to the medic Ethral, glancing at the honored dead at the last part before turning to Kara and the many-tongued abomination. "YOU! GET AWAY FROM KARA! KARA, MOVE AWAY FROM HER!" he shouted, spittle flying out of his mouth and from under his mustache. He had no idea what had happened, but he was too nervous and under too much stress to try and find out.

"EVERYONE ELSE, FINISH WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND LET'S MOVE!"

To the rope, tug on it with obvious urgency and let's get out of this place. After getting into the bore explain the situation, including the fact we have the artifact. If necessary, help anyone who stays behind due to fresh new wounds or whatever.
Despite the chaos, the guards are apparently cognizant enough to send the rope back down after Harm's ascent and Vikkan gets himself strapped in with Garos' help.  Garos then, without asking, sits on Vikkan's shoulders and the two go up together. The entry into the bore is pretty scary, particularly for unrestrained Garos, but they both make it back. Vikkan explains the situation to the guard, letting him know that they have the relic, that the cave is probably going to collapse soon, and that this will all go much faster and easier if he can get back in the control room and handle the lifting.

The man gives Vikkan a long look before nodding. He steps aside to let Vikkan up and the bore driver makes his way up to the control room, a return made all the more tedious and difficult by his missing hand. He didn't remember climbing ladders being this hard before. He sighs and thinks that he must be much more tired than he originally imagined.

Light damn it all, this is why... Drett curses under his breath constantly as he moves immediately to Wiellste.

I don't think there is much I can do for her. Kara, are you in any pain?

Tend to the (most indeedly dead) moth on the ground. Any chance at all of resuscitation?

[19] You run over to the moth and flip her onto her back. You then attempt CPR, pressing down hard on her chest.  A wet popping sound is the result, along with a gush of ichor and her head, already barely attached, goes rolling off and stops several feet away.

"Ah." You say, nodding to yourself, before promptly doubling over and vomiting.

Do a knowledge check on the rod with the crystal. Regardless of outcome, pick it up by using my magnetized/sticky shovel handle to grab onto the rod part, avoiding the crystal part.

Exit the door. Tap the construct again with the obedience rod and start moving towards the bore/winch. If the construct does not automatically start following me, drag it with me. Also, on my way to rejoin the bore/team, check periodically if I don't see any other constructs. If I do, go tap them with the obedience rod so they follow me as well.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
[4]
This is a piece of "Jewelry" they are supposed to have worn some times; apparently literally impaling the metal rods into themselves like hat pins. Very odd. Said something about the resilience of the species, no doubt.

[4] You turn around and pass through the door, giving the construct a little bop as you do. It shivers into motion and follows after you, moving with surprising speed. You run down the halls back towards the balcony room, slipping and sliding along uneven footing. You find six more constructs on your way back; not taking enough time to really examine them but still bopping them with your rod and continuing on, the growing herd of stone creatures clattering along behind you.  You slide through the door to the balcony room a few moments later.

Nyw sighs, and walks over to Wiellste's body as soon as her collar explodes.  He kneels down next to the small moth and inspects her neck visually, but doesn't say anything.  When others rush over to grab at her body, he physically raises a massive arm over Wiellste, blocking their paths.  "Leave her." is all he says.

Block anyone who tried to move Wiellste, or take her items.  Keep the abomination at arm's reach if her flailing brings her close to Wiellste.  Wait until everyone else has left, then carefully pick up Wiellste and take her body to the rope personally.

Since the 'kumo should be within arm's reach anyway, grab that and hold it on one shoulder.  I don't suppose it sticks to the back, does it?  Could it be slid through gaps in Nyw's armor to hold it without hands, in case Nyw needs to carry multiple bodies?

((If sacrificing the collar actually works without killing you I'll be amazed and greatly amused.))

Auft cooed sadly over the corpse of her fellow moth. Still, waste not want not...

Drag Wiellste's corpse back to the bore and haul us both up. Recruit passing companions if necessary to retrieve her carcass.

You lumber over, pick the would be medic up by the collar, drop him on his feet and give him a shove in the direction of the balcony. You manage to intercept the other moth before she can reach the corpse and catch her by the front of her robe, lifting her effortlessly off the ground and carrying her as you walk over to the Murakumo. You shoulder it  with your other hand and confirm that its backside is flat, so you could, theoretically pass it through a section of armor to hold it in place with relatively low risk of injuring yourself or damaging the armor.  You spin the would be ghoul-moth around and drop her to the ground before giving her a stern, if not hard, kick in the abdomen, propelling her several feet towards the balcony.  She squeals and shouts something at you; not swearing but not words you understand. Something about "Ignoramus" and "Ragamuffin"

Use the Artifact to dive. Sacrifice my arm. Do Noth Jal Undyne to selectively reverse time. Focus on me, the dead moth (Egan) and the syrupy abomination (Yotta), aiming to get us back to a safe/normal state. If we also retained (or attained in my case) the loss of our collars that would be an added benefit, but not my main goal. I dunno if our equipment got damaged as part of our misfortunes but fixing that would also be an added bonus.

I dunno how exactly time reversal works, but if it affects the entire person the idea is that my missing arm, the general panic and the other differences will prevent us from doing the same mistakes.

If I need to specify a path and reinforcements, use the following: Noth + 4, Jal+2, Undyne + 6. Or whatever is most sensible.

If I can't affect 3 people in one dive, then split the dive and my sacrifice into 3 parts (hand, forearm, rest of arm).

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

You reach back into your pack and place a floppy hand atop the orb. It wasn't the usual kind of fragment people used to dive with, but an Artifact was an Artifact and it should work. Never the less this was going to be a dangerous thing to do, probably a stupid thing to do. But you didn't see much choice. You ignore everything else and lift your left arm out, offering it to empty space, and begin the dive.  You find yourself standing somewhere you weren't before. A valley or canyon of some sort; high jagged walls of black stone covered in thick snow. You're sunken up to your waist in the snow as well, though you don't feel the cold.  You look up and around and notice, hundreds of feet above, vaguely humanoid figures with too many arms moving in the snow. You hear sounds, distant snorting and weird musical calls.  Then you look back at the valley and see something in front of you.

Its black against the white snow, a great wriggling ball of muscle and tentacles, not unlike a Shluck grown out to impossible size. Its limbs, thick as your waist, slither forward and grip stone and snow in crushing embrace. Its body and head are indistinguishable from one another, just a mass of flesh at the base of all the limbs, tipped with a huge beak.  The creature coils itself like a spring and then leaps forward, leading with several limbs and that serrated black beak. You see a ring of glowing red eyes around the beak just before it snaps closed over your arm.

You crash back into the waking world with a scream, the weight of the creature still pushing you back and to the ground. Your arm is gone, not neatly either, a jagged stump at your shoulder that blossoms blood with every heartbeat. But as you watch, the gouting blood turns white before it can hit the ground. Those white motes of snow are swept up by unfelt, unseen wind and whip out towards the corpse of the moth, towards Moku, and towards your remaining arm.  They curl and spiral around the three things, spiraling in a violent, concentrated snowstorm. And those things begin to move backwards. Moku's face slides back on and she walks backwards, her image flickering beneath the shroud of white. She walks back to where she was and proceeds to shove the collar back onto her head. She stands there for a few Moments more, apparently readying her dive, before suddenly the storm bursts and the white flakes fly away from her, melting into nothing as they do.  A similar thing happens to Wiellste's corpse, the head reattaching. However her collar, sacrificed in an attempt to dive, doesn't reappear, though the blast does as it rewinds back into thin air and vanishes.  Your arm changes slightly, the squishy nature of it vanishing as well.

All the time reversals happen at the same time and end at the same time.  You find yourself laying on your back, gripping the stump with your restored hand, while Moku and Wiellste look around in confusion. They clearly know something abnormal has happened but they don't seem to know what.  The reversal must have effected their memories. Wiellste, feeling for her collar, looks a bit too smug. You can see the self congratulatory wheels turning in her head, making assumptions about her skill with diving and how the sacrificing worked perfectly. Moku just blinks big, dull lizard eyes in a complete lack of understanding about whats going on.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Back to the Future
« Reply #589 on: August 12, 2018, 10:51:57 am »

Kara's first thought was That worked! It was surprisingly easier than expected. No special words or drawings as they do in stories.
However, after witnessing the monster, all her thoughts could be summed up with a single letter: AAAAAAA"AAAAAAAAA"

Scream. Cry.

Try not to die. Apply pressure and all that. Maybe use some clothes as a tourniquet if nobody offers aid, using my beak and remaining arm to tie it. EDIT: Gentlefish talks about cauterization. Don't know if it would help to take the oil from my lighter.

Also babble about what I saw. Can't go wrong with some good old babbling in the face of otherworldly horrors.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:38:46 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 12, 2018, 10:54:10 am »

"An interesting and mysterious little thing we found, wouldn't you agree? Though I fear we'll have to wait with studying it for later as it seems the time to leave this place is rapidly drawing near! Shall we?"

Carefully grab the beaker. Try to wrap some of my robe around my hands so I don't directly touch the container itself.

Then start heading back. Retrieve my artifact fragment from Wiellste. Head back up to the bore, or go out over the bridge should the rope not be available/safe.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 11:33:02 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hotfire90

« Reply #591 on: August 12, 2018, 11:13:22 am »

Alex's eyes widened as he saw the fissures in the rock.

"THE CAVE IS COLLAPSING! WE HAVE TO LEAVE! NOW!"

Run back to the borehole, should anyone near me not try to escape to safety, drag them behind me.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #592 on: August 12, 2018, 02:30:59 pm »

"But I haven't seen anything yet..."

Just follow Adam.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 12, 2018, 04:00:13 pm »

I’m just going to have a seat and catch my breathe
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 12, 2018, 04:00:55 pm »

"But I haven't seen anything yet..."

Just follow Adam.

"Well I'm sorry, friend moth, but from their shouting it appears this place is about to go down in ruin. Would you like to stay here to experience that firsthand? But we can study this artifact later on, that's an interesting prospect, no?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 12, 2018, 04:10:01 pm »

"Vikkan, do you need assistance operating this contraption? After all you were bleeding earlier, and you do still look a tad tired."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 12, 2018, 04:39:48 pm »

Back to the bore!

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 12, 2018, 04:48:19 pm »

"I could do with some help in case I start feeling fainter. This whole thing put a strain on me." Vikkan replied.

Do the useful stuff. Get people on the bore by controlling the harness.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Ia. Ia. Sige Fhtagn!
« Reply #598 on: August 12, 2018, 08:40:26 pm »

"Well, that worked surprisingly well. Maybe I am luckier than I- Um. Where is the sword?"
Wiellste takes a quick survey of the room, and notes that the bird person seems to be missing an arm. And screaming. And bleeding. And more screaming from elsewhere, though more panicked than in pain.
"Dear human god of depth and darkness. Nyw, what's happened here?"

Try to stop Kara's bleeding.

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 13, 2018, 03:50:35 am »

Just assist Vikkan to operate the Bore IF assistance truly is needed at the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 231