Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 384956 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Back to the Future
« Reply #630 on: August 15, 2018, 06:43:51 pm »

The lizard slowly slides down from the airvent, flopping down on all fours. She slowly meanders to the rest of group and lays down on the ground a few feet away from the others.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 15, 2018, 07:13:09 pm »

Hit on one of the guards.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

please stop reinforcing unsavory stereotypes about ethral kind
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #632 on: August 15, 2018, 07:17:30 pm »

Hold on, there's something wrong. If I remember correctly, fear was fine as it wasn't anathema. Now, this part says that I should not fear. Think about this for a moment.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Book of Truth (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 16, 2018, 10:33:24 am »

((Damn it damn it damn it... Thank you, Paris, for creating a tool that gives me details about how bad a plan this is. >.<))

Nyw turns to look back at Wiellste, sighing when he sees the blood leaking from her mask.  He crouches down, wiping some of the blood away, only for more to flow out.  He stays there for several slow seconds, fingering his neck where the collar had been.  He breaks his silence after deliberating, speaking loudly and clearly without making any effort to hide his voice.  "Medizin.  Please, help her.  Adam,"  Nyw stands, and holds out the artifact Wiellste used to kill herself twice.  "Would you burn this?  I do not breath."

Take the artifact from Wiellste, and hold it up.  Ask Adam to burn it; if he does so, and it smokes, throw it into the main room where almost all of the prisoners and guards are gathered.  Draw the Murakumo, stop breathing, then charge in just after the relic is thrown.  Attack any standing guards as quickly and violently as possible, then move to any conscious but grounded guards.  Nyw would like to spare any incapacitated by the smoke, but stopping to verify their status is a waste of time, which they might use to detonate a collar.

If Adam tries to burn the artifact, but fails, Nyw will use it to dive himself and enchant it to emit its own self-burning bonfire by binding it to the elemental flames of Tzimtzvot.  He'll take the path Ahkmah -> Tzimtzvot (reinforce once) -> Telazch -> Es -> Nehn (reinforced once).  He'll sacrifice a point of Knowledge, and his left arm--the most he can do, since he needs one arm and two legs to kill anyone.  Also, just the ARM, the flesh, don't take the armor you mean greedy spheres :(

If, on the other hand, Adam refuses to even try, Nyw will nod, assuming he's saying that the plan won't work.  He will relinquish the relic to any guard who asks for it, though he won't volunteer it himself just yet.  Merely cooperate, do not assist.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 16, 2018, 11:08:55 am »

Drett sighs as Nyw directs him toward the direction he was about to head. Flames consume this damnable... He sets Kara down gently, aware of her wound. Don't - don't bleed out while I am away, Drett whispers to the mostly armless Corvin, I would not be a good doctor if I lost a patient while I was away.

This moth I swear. Peel that mask off and see if she's even worth saving. Don't vomit all over her if I can help it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #635 on: August 17, 2018, 11:19:41 am »

Undive. get in bore. try not to be consumed by the wall of "liquid metal."

"I'll get him, go fetch some guards to help me pull him up."

Rescue AshHul from the incoming lava tsunami and then finally enter the bore.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Ashul wakes up and is surprised to find he is not in the same place he was; he's staring at the stone ceiling of the bore hole, watching it move in uneven, jerking spurts.  It takes a moment for his brain to connect the movement to the pressure under his arms and realize someone is dragging him. He looks down at his feet in confusion and sees the cresting wave of magma down the tunnel and out in the cave. Ah, that explains it.  He scrambles up onto his feet, out of Alex's grip, and starts running for the bore, shouting gratitude back at Alex.  The two of them scramble up the ladder and pull it in with panicked haste before  slamming the hatch shut.

Hold on, there's something wrong. If I remember correctly, fear was fine as it wasn't anathema. Now, this part says that I should not fear. Think about this for a moment.

Hmmm...well it said fear was fine as long as you don't let it consume you...maybe the fear they're talking about here is that all consuming fear?

Try to find a good position to hide and set up my rifle to ambush someone entering the room (hoping for an advantage).

EDIT: give my lighter to Nyw, if it would help. He could coat the Artifact in oil.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

The room you're in is basically square (The outer wall is rounded to fit the cylindrical body of the bore) so there's no real place to hide and nothing to hide behind. You sniff, a sarcastic and resigned gesture, before drawing your rifle and carefully balancing it on one knee, still laying with your back against the wall. You shift it so that the muzzle is pointing towards the door into the room and rest one finger on the trigger. You let your head lull to the side a bit, tired.  Well, if nothing else, this will work quite well for a last stand.

Wait until everyone is back in the bore, then pull up the ladder and close the hatch.
Side not, does this bore have a periscope or something to see the front, or am I just remembering that from Dig 1?

There are periscopes but they're all connected up in the control room rather than anywhere else.

Hit on one of the guards.

[6]

You set your bag down in a corner where you think it will be safe. You then spend a few seconds making sure you are as fluffy and adorable as possible,  straightening clothing, setting antennae just right, pushing your fluff up to frame your masked face just right.  Once you're done you select a target, a younger looking male guard over by the door, alone. You walk up to him, not threatening, not afraid, but you make sure to hold your hands in a subtly nervous and shy way.  He notices you when you're maybe 10 feet away and turns to look at you, both hands still on his rifle, but not pointing it at you. He assesses you with quick, beady eyes, like a lizard attempting to decide if you're something to eat or something to run from. You can't smile so you just tilt your head in an endearing way and ask "So, um, what are you doing after this?"

The man's brows knit together and his forehead fills with wrinkles, as though his brain can't really process what you just asked him.

"Because I was gonna go find someplace to eat and get something strong to drink, ya know? I was thinking it would be more fun with someone else." You take a few steps closer as you say this and while he does square up to face you as a potentially dangerous unknown, he doesn't raise his weapon.  He says nothing but you can see the gears in his head grinding away, Logic and...other forces...battling it out.

Drett sighs as Nyw directs him toward the direction he was about to head. Flames consume this damnable... He sets Kara down gently, aware of her wound. Don't - don't bleed out while I am away, Drett whispers to the mostly armless Corvin, I would not be a good doctor if I lost a patient while I was away.

This moth I swear. Peel that mask off and see if she's even worth saving. Don't vomit all over her if I can help it.

You walk over to that damn suicide prone moth and shove Nyw out of the way to get a better look at the body...ahem, patient.  You pull Wiellste's mask off  and set it to the side before bending in to get a good look at her face. Checking the pulse of an Ethral is difficult (exoskeleton and all), not to mention its not as steady and strong as a human or other non-insect species, even at the best of times. So you lean in close to look at the blood coming from her eyes and listen for breath. You can see the thin line of ichor pumping from her eyes in a weak stream, still going. Good, hearts are still working. You bring your ear near her mouth to listen for breath. You hear a sort of gurgling water noise.

[5] Something, a vague instinct, tells you to get away and you jerk your head back just as a huge hand erupts from Wiellste's mouth and clenches shut right where your head used to be. The hand appears to be made of water or some similar bluish-clear fluid, liquid yet seemingly solid from the way it moved. Each finger on the five fingered hand was a foot long and ended in a long, pointed claw. The similarly huge arm shrunk and distorted massively where it emerged from Wiellste's mouth, apparently altering itself to allow it to escape from her body.  The hand grasped the air a moment more before opening in a graceful, flowing motion, like some sort of hand model showing off. The hand and forearm rose until an entire arm, up to the shoulder, had emerged. Even partially exposed like this, the creature was too large for the room, its arm bent slightly at the elbow to prevent it from hitting the ceiling.

"Oh dear."

TIME TO ESCAPE.
"Do we  still have people down there? We are in a bit of an urgent situation."
Same old same, help Vikkan.
Vikkan sees the ceiling crumble down in the cavern and the lava surge forth towards the borehole. "Yeah...nah." He says, and kicks the bore into full movement, lowing it into a a horizontal position so it can use the predrilled hole and sending it back towards mason at full speed. The machine easily outruns the collapse of the cave and the magma flood, though the after shocks of it still vibrate the bore and send dust and small debris falling from the ceiling.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 10:00:10 pm by piecewise »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 17, 2018, 01:44:35 pm »

i'm dumb
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 01:58:15 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #637 on: August 17, 2018, 10:01:18 pm »

RADIO DECIDED NOT TO SHOW UP TODAY. SO GO AHEAD AND POST ACTIONS.

DEAR SY AND RADIO, YOU CAN'T USE AN ARTIFACT LIKE THAT. IT ISN"T A SMOKE BOMB, ITS MORE LIKE AN INCENSE STICK. LIGHTING IT UP AND THROWING IT WON'T DO ANYTHING AND YOUR CHARACTERS SHOULD KNOW THAT IN UNIVERSE.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 17, 2018, 10:26:09 pm »

Murder every single guard. Repeat until victory or death.

Spoiler: Wiellste. x_x (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 18, 2018, 01:32:32 am »

Lure guard into nearby empty room for degenerate handholding. Pay no heed to ominous sounds that might or might not be coming from adjacent rooms.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 18, 2018, 07:34:35 am »

Move to a safer and less crowded spot to continue reading. Whatever the others are trying to do, I don't want to be in middle of it.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Hotfire90

« Reply #641 on: August 18, 2018, 10:16:42 am »

Move to the control room and estimate how much junk I'd need to fix my shovel.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 18, 2018, 10:25:03 am »

Time for testing. Go find a secluded room that has a particularely sturdy looking wall. Scratch an X in the wall with my shovel. Then, test the attack capabilities of each of the crystal babies in turn by gently bopping them with the rod, using the Wake command, pointing the rod at the X and issuing the attack command, then observing the result and finally putting them back into the suspend command. Rinse and repeat for each construct.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 18, 2018, 01:34:18 pm »

"Garos, I believe this is yours." Vikkan said, using his good hand to give the Ethral the small key-construct they'd found. "You found it, so keep it. So do you wanna chat while we head back?"

Continue driving the bore back so we can deliver our stuff.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 18, 2018, 03:08:48 pm »

Try to remove myself from any potential crossfire
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 231