Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 384570 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #690 on: August 24, 2018, 04:13:34 pm »

"There's no reason not to accept that generous offer, specially as we're relinquishing the artifact to those who should rightfully own it. I believe the Church has our undying gratitude for rescuing us." Vikkan smiled quite wide under his mustache as he tried to sound more respectful than usual despite his simple upbringing. Things do work out well for the faithful even in the dark times! As he thought about that, he looked down at his vacant chain and frowned.

Maybe he should get a Black Flame. If Wiellste's theory was correct then maybe he once had once, but what mattered is that now he had none and he had to fix that. Good thing he still had his abridged Black Book.

Vikkan is all for the deal! He also silently laments the fact he doesn't have a Black Flame but he somehow thought an empty necklace would display his faith instead.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Return
« Reply #691 on: August 24, 2018, 04:18:02 pm »

Collect my collar and stow it. If there is an Ethral rifle near me, I’ll grab it by the top, carful not to place my hand in a firing position, and stow it as quickly as possible. If the men seem uneased by my movement towards the weapon, then I’ll stop. Otherwise,
I remain quiet.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 06:43:47 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Back to the Future
« Reply #692 on: August 24, 2018, 04:23:12 pm »

"I feel very nearly dead right now. The fact that I'm not is quite frankly improbable."

Spoiler: Wiellste. x_x (click to show/hide)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 24, 2018, 05:09:47 pm »

”... kinda hissy noises
silently and slowly grab some occult stuff(blood, body parts, etc.)
Take a firearm, also slowly, and if there’s any ammo, take it.

Hey, what kind of church is this? Do they have a no occult policy?
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 05:13:24 pm by Leodanny »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #694 on: August 24, 2018, 05:32:37 pm »

”... kinda hissy noises

100 fathoms huh? I don't think you read the rules right.
Quote from: The Rules
. Roll 3d20 + 20, That is how much money you have to start with.

Also, you may wish to look over this.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YHKrTy1_z1QJjlgt72tO5rvo9yI-TaE0HsXE3wrd0vk/edit?usp=sharing

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 24, 2018, 05:45:08 pm »

"Um... Uh..."

Try holding out my Black Flame to the old man and saying thanks. Ask if they are going somewhere else after this (like to the church) and if they would mind if I tried to stick with them.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 24, 2018, 05:47:12 pm »

"You've just slain my pet!" Auft squeaks indignantly, pointing to her dead lackey. "I demand compensation!"

Sue for damages!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 06:05:37 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #697 on: August 24, 2018, 06:22:00 pm »

"Hold on a second." Kara said, cradling the artifact in front of her chest.
"Before I give you this, I need to make sure you are who you say you are. I sacrificed my arm for this. I was ready to sacrifice a lot more to make sure those thugs didn't win. So I'd be damned if I let it fall to the wrong hands. Not before we get some answers. I believe we all deserve that, at least."

Barter for more like a good Corven. Specifically, I want some answers:
0. Can they take a look at Vikkan's hand? Something strange happened to it and I'd like to make sure he'll be OK.
1. Who is he and who does he work for? Can we contact him in the future?
2. What is the Artifact? What does it do? Why did the crystals worship it?
3. Why do they want the Artifact? What is he going to do with it?
4. How did the Church learn about the Artifact? How did the thugs? Is there a mole in the church? Figurative mole, that is.
5. Do these thugs belong to a larger organization? Are we in danger of retaliation?
6. Would the Church consider hiring us to do more work like that in the future?
7. Are we under any restrictions about divulging what happened here? Are we under any obligation to the church?
8. Can he give us any official documents proving what we did here? Documents proving these things belong to us?
9. How about something that would give us favorable treatment by the church?

Use my knowledge to compare what they say to what I know to make sure they're not lying. In any case, give them the Artifact, unless they say something alarming.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 12:33:11 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 24, 2018, 06:28:10 pm »

Clate emerges from the carnage protectively holding his crystal babies.

"I see the chruch is as efficient as ever. You have my sincere thanks."

Hold my crystal babies protectively and affectionately. Thank the kind mister church man for helping us out.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 06:30:47 pm by Pancaek »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 24, 2018, 09:32:29 pm »

Garos was still absorbing the scenario before shrugging to  himself, with a hand moving to his fluff covered neck for a moment.
"Being released and also getting something extra? Luck finally smiled upon us."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 24, 2018, 09:43:38 pm »

AsHul stands in a stance of respect facing the Church delegation, as ever slightly separate from the rest of the group, and awaits developments.

Edit: May as well do some knowledge checking anyway. Questions in spoiler.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 07:43:43 am by Ozarck »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 24, 2018, 10:12:15 pm »

Nyw looks around at the many corpses in the room, his head swinging back and forth as if he can't quite comprehend the situation.  "...Those men did not need to die."  He lets out a great sigh as his gaze returns to the high ranking priest in front of him.  He drops to one knee and bows his head respectfully "Even so, I am very grateful for your rescue.  You have saved many innocents this day, and your charity is still more proof of your kindness.  I thank you with the whole of my being, it is an honor to meet a man such as yourself."

Yadda yadda thank the heroic priest.  OOC, wonder why Paris is the one with nine bullet points, while I of all people only have irrelevant RP...

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 25, 2018, 05:18:30 am »

sniff the priest to gauge their intentions, if they smell nice, give them a cuddle

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 25, 2018, 03:26:37 pm »

”... kinda hissy noises

100 fathoms huh? I don't think you read the rules right.
Quote from: The Rules
. Roll 3d20 + 20, That is how much money you have to start with.

Also, you may wish to look over this.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YHKrTy1_z1QJjlgt72tO5rvo9yI-TaE0HsXE3wrd0vk/edit?usp=sharing
Sorry

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #704 on: August 25, 2018, 06:21:58 pm »

"We are grateful for your deliverance from these hooligans." Adam said, trying his best to observe proper Church protocol and holding out his black flame pendant.
"And we are glad that this holy artifact won't fall into the wrong hands. Clearly these gangsters were not worthy of even beholding it, let alone wielding it.

As for your offer, it is most kind indeed."
Then, he turned to the undead that was still shielding the corven and the artifact she had.
"Honorable ancestor, there's no need to be alarmed anymore. These people are from the church, and they know how to safely handle an artifact such as this."
After that, he also made a slight nod towards the group of armed men that had just obliterated their captors, indicating that it's not like they had all that much choice in the matter anyway.

Converse.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
"I am glad we arrived in time to prevent their plans from coming to terrible fruition."

As Adam communes with the religious figure. the abomination moves toward the corpse of a guardsman who was shot through the chest. She crawls on top of it, laying down on it like a dog would with it's bone.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
THIS  ISN'T BOLDED YOU SILLY LIZARD.

"Thank you for freeing us, your offer is indeed most kind. Is there perhaps anything else we can help the church with?"

Talk the talk.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
"Very generous of you, my friend. If you seek work, your local parish will no doubt have jobs for you."

"There's no reason not to accept that generous offer, specially as we're relinquishing the artifact to those who should rightfully own it. I believe the Church has our undying gratitude for rescuing us." Vikkan smiled quite wide under his mustache as he tried to sound more respectful than usual despite his simple upbringing. Things do work out well for the faithful even in the dark times! As he thought about that, he looked down at his vacant chain and frowned.

Maybe he should get a Black Flame. If Wiellste's theory was correct then maybe he once had once, but what mattered is that now he had none and he had to fix that. Good thing he still had his abridged Black Book.

Vikkan is all for the deal! He also silently laments the fact he doesn't have a Black Flame but he somehow thought an empty necklace would display his faith instead.
LAMENT.

”... kinda hissy noises

I'm gonna hold of on looting actions for the moment. I've given RC a list of whats in this area to loot, and I'll consider it all automatically looted by the general group once this is finished. From there, you can grab your desired stuff. Preferably with some cooperation between everyone.

Or not.

"Um... Uh..."

Try holding out my Black Flame to the old man and saying thanks. Ask if they are going somewhere else after this (like to the church) and if they would mind if I tried to stick with them.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)

"Come with us? My boy, how precocious you are. But I am afraid such choices are not mine to make. However, if it is your wish, go to Empyrean and seek out Deep Walker Leon. He shall see you to a fitting position."

"You've just slain my pet!" Auft squeaks indignantly, pointing to her dead lackey. "I demand compensation!"

Sue for damages!

The man smiles at you, warm and friendly despite your outrage.

"You seek a slave to replace the one we killed? Hm. It seems only fair." He pulls a pad from his cloak and gestures to one of his attendants, who hands him a ink and pen, then melts wax for him using a torch.  The old man scribbles something on a piece of vellum before placing a wax seal using the imprint of a ring on his left hand and hands it over to you.  "Consider this Weregild for your lost man. Present it to the officials in town and they will give you your choice of criminals that have been sentenced to slavery."

Clate emerges from the carnage protectively holding his crystal babies.

"I see the chruch is as efficient as ever. You have my sincere thanks."

Hold my crystal babies protectively and affectionately. Thank the kind mister church man for helping us out.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
"Faith is always rewarded, my friend."

AsHul stands in a stance of respect facing the Church delegation, as ever slightly separate from the rest of the group, and awaits developments.

Edit: May as well do some knowledge checking anyway. Questions in spoiler.

(3,   17,   10,   11,   20,   12)

The priests are all human, but the abominations could be anything, their forms are too twisted to make anything but a guess. But you think the one on the right might be a Lizard.

Nope
Dunno
Nope
You barely see the ones in front of you.
prepared in like...supplies or knowledge or what? There are group pilgrimages that are run from different places; you may want to look into joining. It would be a good starting point for a first pilgrimage unless you wanna jump into the deep end and organize your own.

sniff the priest to gauge their intentions, if they smell nice, give them a cuddle

[17]
You sniff at them but cannot smell anything specific over the reek of blood and death. Maybe if you got closer.

"Hold on a second." Kara said, cradling the artifact in front of her chest.
"Before I give you this, I need to make sure you are who you say you are. I sacrificed my arm for this. I was ready to sacrifice a lot more to make sure those thugs didn't win. So I'd be damned if I let it fall to the wrong hands. Not before we get some answers. I believe we all deserve that, at least."

Barter for more like a good Corven. Specifically, I want some answers:
0. Can they take a look at Vikkan's hand? Something strange happened to it and I'd like to make sure he'll be OK.
1. Who is he and who does he work for? Can we contact him in the future?
2. What is the Artifact? What does it do? Why did the crystals worship it?
3. Why do they want the Artifact? What is he going to do with it?
4. How did the Church learn about the Artifact? How did the thugs? Is there a mole in the church? Figurative mole, that is.
5. Do these thugs belong to a larger organization? Are we in danger of retaliation?
6. Would the Church consider hiring us to do more work like that in the future?
7. Are we under any restrictions about divulging what happened here? Are we under any obligation to the church?
8. Can he give us any official documents proving what we did here? Documents proving these things belong to us?
9. How about something that would give us favorable treatment by the church?

Use my knowledge to compare what they say to what I know to make sure they're not lying. In any case, give them the Artifact, unless they say something alarming.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

0. The old priest turns his black eyes onto Vikkan and looks carefully at his hand. After a few moments he nods. "I fear you have confronted something quite dangerous in that place and sacrificed a great deal to defeat it."  He pulls a black flame, apparently an extra one, out from his cloak and hands it over to Vikkan. "I can do nothing to counter what has been done, but thus armed with faith he should be prepared for anything."

1. "I work for God, of course." He says, smile deepening and becoming slightly frightening. There's an edge to that smile. Its the same one he gave the mob before he had them shot. "If you wish to contact me, you need merely speak with Deep Walker Leon, as I said to this companion of yours."

2. "I cannot say. Or rather I do not know myself." He says, his tone rather apologetic and distant at the same time. "I know only that I was told to retrieve it. That is enough for me."

3. "Again, I do not know specifics. However, the church gathers many artifacts. As many as it can, it seems.  They are relics, objects touched by God. It is no surprise that HIS disciples seek them out. This relic will no doubt either be used to set up another shrine or perhaps stored in the church vaults, away from those who would seek to misuse or exploit divinity for personal profit."

4. "A good question indeed." The man says, again his manner becoming sharp and predatory for an instant. "From what I know, the church heard only of the ruins for sure, but such places almost always hold relics, so it was a safe bet that this one would to. We were on our way to that ruin when we heard through an...informant that others were attempting to block us. We came here and gathered the truth from those left behind, then waited for your return."

5. "They are members of the 'Iron Teeth' gang, but they were acting on their own. We got this location from the gang's leader when he heard that his men were acting against the Church. I think you will find that they are in no mood to seek vengeance for the misguided actions of a few of their members."

6. "I am in no position to do so, but always is the church looking for able hands. Leon, or a local parish, will be more able to guide you."

7. The man considers this for a moment. "No. I can think of no way in which our rescue of you and killing of these...people will negatively impact the view of the church. And we seek no hold over you. As I said, I seek only the relic you have."

8. "I can. Your friend there already has my seal and documents for Weregild, I can write similar papers guaranteeing you freedom from any sort of repercussions from your actions here and ownership of that bore and this property."

9. "Documentation of your favor worthy actions, perhaps?"

(9,   8,   7,   13,   14,   19,   13,   12,   4)

The things he says seem to check out, as far as you know.  You hand over the relic with a bit of reluctance none the less and the old man takes it in both hands, examining it with passing interest for a moment before handing it off to one of the abominations, who somehow places it into their robe in a way that seems to swallow up the entire mass of the thing and vanish it into the fabric.  The man writes the paper work he promised much as he did for Auft and hands over the sealed documents along with the two fathoms, wrapping the huge coins in the papers and handing them directly to Kara.

"It has been a pleasure." he says, smile still unwavering, and turns to go. The Abomination on the right walks several feet away from the group and draws a knife from inside its robes. An empyrean nail, by the look of it.  The creature holds the knife out with a gnarled hand and thrusts it into mid air. The blade bites in and half vanishes. With  a jerk the abomination slices downwards, carving a black tear into empty air as though slicing through a curtain. The procession turns and one by one they step through the tear.  The old man goes in second to last, bowing his head towards the group one more time before stepping through. The abomination steps through after him and the tear closes up behind it with a ripping pop.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 06:25:08 pm by piecewise »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 231