Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 384967 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: The Return
« Reply #735 on: August 27, 2018, 01:54:26 pm »

-snip-
"Thank you. You have no idea how good it feels to know someone understands you. Or at least is willing to listen to what troubles you."

At some point, Clate walks up to Ashul and Kara having a conversation. He greets them cheerfully, at least as far as a mollusk inside a diving suit can look cheerful. He is carrying a clipboard.

"Hello, friend Klara and friend Ashul. What a turn of events that was, eh? Suddenly we are the proud owners of both a bore and a warehouse. And what a pile of goods we have gathered! I hope that pile of money isn't weighing too heavily on your shoulders, eh, friend Kara. On that note."

He flips through a few pages.

"I'm sure you've both perused the pile already. Suprisingly, it is not the weapons or other knick knacks that are giving us the most trouble. It is, in fact, the corpses! It would seem like everyone wants a piece.

Which is why I approach you now, to work a division of corpses that is agreeable to everyone. Are either of you interested in corpses for your use? I personally want as many as I can get, because together with the now deactivated bomb collars they will make for excellent tinkering material. I know friend Auft is also interested, for"
He holds the page up to his helmet, then whipes the little glass window, then holds it up again. " 'Medical purposes'. Whatever that means."
Kara stiffened, making a visible effort not to shudder as images of the giant shluck-like thing jumping on her and chomping her arm flashed into her mind. She shook her head slightly, hoping to clear her thoughts, but the talk of corpses only made her feel more disturbed.
You're here to learn Kara. You're here to impress. Be reasonable. Be logical. He won't hurt you. she thought, taking a deep breath.

"Hello Clate. And, if you will allow the correction,  it's " *Kara looks up and makes a cawing sound whose start sounds vaguely like Kara* " or Kara for short."

*As for the corpses, I have no need of them, but thank you for your offer. I understand why one might want to perform a... what is the word, dissection? A dissection to become better acquainted with the physiology of humans. From what I understand Ethral use such methods in their research. Using them for materials is... Understandable, I suppose, given the circumstances, though I must admit I am not fully comfortable with the idea. In my opinion, if someone knows how to make use of such 'perishable goods' they should do so before they decay. My only wish is that the materials are used sensibly, for the benefit of all. Not hoarded for no reason, not wasted."

Kara was thoughtful for a while, an idea forming in her head.
"Hm... Clate, we've actually been discussing the division of funds and from what I remember you were quite helpful during the mission. You constructed the winch for us to safely descend and you searched for materials that could be used to craft items that would aid us. I will make sure that you will receive your fair reward. In fact, if you and friend AsHul agrees, I would like said reward to include certain responsibilities. We need someone to help us decide where it would be appropriate for us to spend our funds, which parts of the bore and warehouse are lacking. And we would also need someone who knows of such matters to help determine which materials should be bought and to ensure sensible use of our existing materials. Do you think you would be able to help with such matters? Perhaps with the help of Vikkan or anyone else you think is capable?"

"As for you AsHul, I understand you are most capable and knowledgeable in diving. And most importantly responsible. Would you be willing to offer advice on spending and organization regarding diving and matters of the occult? I would like the divers to have one of their own instruct them why it would be improper to recklessly use their power or use their power without seeking the advice of others. I wouldn't like what happened in the Ruins to be repeated here."

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 27, 2018, 02:15:27 pm »

To Auft:
"Any freezers here?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 27, 2018, 02:18:45 pm »

To Auft:
"Any freezers here?"

Auft scratches her head.

"I don't think so? I'm not sure what they kept in here before, but it probably wasn't cold. I haven't had much of a look around, though."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 27, 2018, 02:28:26 pm »

"Thanks. You got any occult Junk?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 27, 2018, 02:36:11 pm »

"Not yet," she giggles, rubbing her hands and glancing at Moku's corpse-stack.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 27, 2018, 02:58:17 pm »

Notices Auft looking at the pile “it’s pretty possessive of those.”

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 27, 2018, 02:58:41 pm »

"Forgive me, Master Shluck. Am I understanding correctly that members of the team are in dispute regarding the possession of the dead bodies of our captors? And that this is, at least for some of you, because you want to use them to make ... things with? What happens when the body parts decompose?
"Well, We'd be using the parts that decompose first, so they don't get a chance to, I reckon. Alternatively, we can always preserve them somehow for later use. If they do start decomposing..." He shrugs "I suppose we'll just chuck them into the bin."

Kara stiffened, making a visible effort not to shudder as images of the giant shluck-like thing jumping on her and chomping her arm flashed into her mind. She shook her head slightly, hoping to clear her thoughts, but the talk of corpses only made her feel more disturbed.
You're here to learn Kara. You're here to impress. Be reasonable. Be logical. He won't hurt you. she thought, taking a deep breath.

"Hello Clate. And, if you will allow the correction,  it's " *Kara looks up and makes a cawing sound whose start sounds vaguely like Kara* " or Kara for short."

*As for the corpses, I have no need of them, but thank you for your offer. I understand why one might want to perform a... what is the word, dissection? A dissection to become better acquainted with the physiology of humans. From what I understand Ethral use such methods in their research. Using them for materials is... Understandable, I suppose, given the circumstances, though I must admit I am not fully comfortable with the idea. In my opinion, if someone knows how to make use of such 'perishable goods' they should do so before they decay. My only wish is that the materials are used sensibly, for the benefit of all. Not hoarded for no reason, not wasted."

Kara was thoughtful for a while, an idea forming in her head.
"Hm... Clate, we've actually been discussing the division of funds and from what I remember you were quite helpful during the mission. You constructed the winch for us to safely descend and you searched for materials that could be used to craft items that would aid us. I will make sure that you will receive your fair reward. In fact, if you and friend AsHul agrees, I would like said reward to include certain responsibilities. We need someone to help us decide where it would be appropriate for us to spend our funds, which parts of the bore and warehouse are lacking. And we would also need someone who knows of such matters to help determine which materials should be bought and to ensure sensible use of our existing materials. Do you think you would be able to help with such matters? Perhaps with the help of Vikkan or anyone else you think is capable?"

"As for you AsHul, I understand you are most capable and knowledgeable in diving. And most importantly responsible. Would you be willing to offer advice on spending and organization regarding diving and matters of the occult? I would like the divers to have one of their own instruct them why it would be improper to recklessly use their power or use their power without seeking the advice of others. I wouldn't like what happened in the Ruins to be repeated here."

"My apologies, friend Kara. Slip of the proverbial tongue."

"Sure. I mean, I was already looking into getting a workshop set up in the bore, so we can start manufacturing and maintaining more of our own gear. These-" He waves an arm irritably at the town, indicating the entirety of it "charlatans want to charge 250 fathoms to provide us a workshop, apparently. Absolutely ludicrous. We can barter for the loose parts for 150-ish fathoms and I'll just construct it myself. Absolute highway robbery, 250 fathoms, bah."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 03:06:19 pm by Pancaek »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #742 on: August 27, 2018, 03:01:43 pm »

After spending some time admiring his black flame and also resting—he really needed a good meal, a lot of water and a few days of rest to recover—he headed towards Kara's spot, finding her quite chatting up quite a few people. If he'd been worried about her being alone and her mental state, hopefully people were drawing her focus away from her sacrifice. It was hard losing an entire arm... Even his missing hand wasn't that bad compared to that.

"Hello there, Kara. Popular, aren't you?" he joked, also taking a seat to rest. "I'm really tired, I'm not sure if it's just the blood loss or stress from our little adventure. I came here to check on you, but also I'd like to talk to you about my wound, but that can wait until later. Most importantly, how are you? Tired as well, I suppose."

« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 07:30:56 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 27, 2018, 03:14:17 pm »

Notices Auft looking at the pile “it’s pretty possessive of those.”
"I'm sure it's just keeping them safe. Or maybe it likes having a nest of them? It seems like the kind of thing that'd nest in a pile of corpses."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #744 on: August 27, 2018, 03:45:11 pm »

Can I stand? If not, request assistance from Medizen.

You feel like absolute hot garbage but you have no visible injuries. Your voice seems to have become rougher, more gravely, and your jaw hurts, but otherwise you just sort of hurt all over. You can walk, but you're not happy about it.

Once the church people are gone, I’ll give the area a quick search. I’ll loot the bodies for weapons, fathoms, and other valuables. After I’ve searched, I’ll pile up everything I find near the bore.

After that, I’ll search the warehouse itself. What condition is it in? How much stuff is laying around? I’ll check for information and secrets too. I’ll open some boxes and look what’s inside.

How much junk is there before we would have to take things apart?

After all that, I’ll give the wire spool to Clate, then head to town. I want to see how much my gold is worth. I’ll check different kinds of businesses. I at least want to check what a pawnshop, a jeweler, and a foundry would give me for it. If I can find a dedicated appraiser, I’ll see how much it would cost to get it appraised.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
Ok well we'll assume the stuff I told people in Discord is now known IC and that its all nicely organized into piles of items and corpses.

Handed off and headed to town. Anvil is a town like a lot of towns; terraces of stone cut straight from the sloping wall of the cavern form a stair step pattern roughly following the natural contours of the stone. Each Terrace is carved into a network of dwellings with a ratmaze of pathways between them and larger, more obvious pathways on the outside, snaking down in s strangely organic winding switchback pattern. Out in the distance, down near the magma sea that takes up the western half of the massive cavern are the Boreyards. They look like a chaotic mess of metal girders and cranes, all back lit to detail-less shadow by the light of the magma. There are bores down there in various degrees of completion, metal shells half assembled with exposed mechanical guts glinting.

You wander around until you find a section with some shops and then search for buyers for your gold. [2] You search around a bit and find a jeweler willing to give 80 per cube.

((Ah, gotcha. I didn't want you to waste a turn for something that was already done, so I thought I'd tell you, but seems it wasn't necessary. My bad.))

"Why thank you, friend Harm. I'll make sure to put this spool to good use."

1. Recieve spool of wire from Harm. Look it over to see if I can't figure out what's special about it.

2. Go into town and try to find someone to sell one of my gold cubes to, try prospectors, alchemists, jewellers, and the like. See if there isn't a Greater Trade Alliance representative here, maybe they'll cut a fellow schluck a deal. Don't sell them for less than 100 fathoms. Also check if any of these people will buy the spike with crystals on it.

3. Also look around if there's anyone here who has knowledge about crystal people tech. Specifically construct command phrases and the crystal toothpick. But make sure to keep the existance of my toothpick a secret for now. Also, do I remember any mor einfo about people who have been exposed to a crystal toothpick? What generally happens to them?

4. Check if anyone sells any (introductory) guidebooks on alchemy and chemical, biological and occult crafting and how much they're asking for each.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
1. [7] You're pretty sure its a thermoreactive wire; that it will maintain a shape until heated and then return to its original shape.

2. There is a GTA hall here, but you know enough to not try to go hawk your wares to them  at the hall; they don't do business through that front except with other businesses. Certainly not with individuals. However you do stop by to find a list of their members and stop off at a shop owned by one of them. You stop by and [14] talk them into buying your gold cubes for 120 fathoms each; the only catch being that they want to give it to you in GTA credit, which can be used at any store connected to the GTA. And only those stores; its worthless elsewhere.

3. You can find none and no one seems to know specifically about any experts or interested parties.

4. You go to a nearby book store and after scanning through parchments, scrolls and a few huge books walk up to the proprietor and basically scream at him to show you where the occult section is. He tells you he doesn't really have one. If you want those kind of books, Empyrean has the largest libraries of such things, maybe even larger than the Archive.

Kara took a moment to look at the things in her hand. They were heavy. And she only had one hand to hold them with. Her whole body was heavy. But it wasn't time yet.
"I'm tired." she said to nobody in particular and walked away from the others.
She searched for a while, looking for an isolated corner or a cozy box, somewhere she could wear her cheap old shirt in peace. Some part of her mind told her that her clothes were showing new signs of wear, she would need to change them soon. She struggled to put the shirt on for a while and then spent some time arranging her possessions, making sure her rifle was nearby. She stared at them for a second, first the items, then the floppy sleeve on the left of her chest. She had done everything she needed to do for now. She stopped struggling against the weight of her body and let herself fall to the floor. She curled up. She closed her eyes cried. She didn't have to be strong anymore.

Are there rooms here? What are the sleeping arrangements? Individual rooms? Communal bunks? Boxes converted into beds? Moth sex dungeon?

Do not give anyone money just yet. If the others want money they should come talk to Kara about it.

Just in case someone decides to pretend they're smart and try to steal them, I am keeping the money on me. Tie them under my shirt, put them in my pants, whatever it takes to keep them safe.

Edit: I've got no problem with Radio seeing my Crystal tablets.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
You walk into the warehouse and wander around in a mild daze until you find a simple cot over in one corner. Judging by the pack of cards and heavily used book next to it, it was a place used by a guard that stayed in the building. Good enough. You lay down in it, grunt in pain, and then roll on to your other side. You carefully hide the fathoms on your person after telling Nyw about them. You know that if anyone tries anything funny, Nyw will probably decapitate them.

Auft trill-purrs happily on being handed the weregilt.

"Thank you!" she responds cheerfully, mimicking the priest's friendly tone.

-

Once the church had left (accompanied by a cute farewell wave from Auft), her gaze drifted inexorably to all the delicious corpses lying around. Her delicate hands began rubbing together...

...but she supposed she should fetch a new slave and confer with the others first. After all, it was their corpses too.

Locate some town officials to collect my new slave.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You wander into town and find the local lawmen, casually examining the wanted board to make sure you're not on it before mincing up to someone who looks like they're in charge and presenting your paper work. The man seems quite surprised, to say the least, but after an examination of the seal and consulting with a few others, he brings you back through a series of stone tunnels to the prison cells. He presents you with 6 candidates, apparently all awaiting sale. There are four men, two women. Three of the men are big brutish looking fellows, standard thugs complete with scars and tattoos. You note that one of them is missing several fingers from one hand and another has a brand of sharp teeth on his upper arm. The fourth man is a young one, maybe early twenties or maybe late teens. He has a distant look in his eyes and when you ask about his crime the jailer says he murdered a romantic rival.  One of the women is an old battle ax of a thing, fat and burly and looks like she would beat the living snot out of anyone who gave her sass. The other is a young girl roughly the same age as the young man. His accomplice, the Jailer says.

((Had I known those church guys would run off immediately, and that my diplomancy would just get some token response I'd have asked them if they knew what that beaker thingie was. Oh well, guess we'll have to figure it out the hard way!))

"Kara, did those crystal tablets mention this object by any chance?" Adam asked, showing the beaker thing they had found in the ruins.

Assuming birdgirl lets me see the crystal inventory tablet, try to see if they mention the beaker artifact.

Also, a soldier's chestplate is noted as being 'notoriously restrictive of movement'. Does that mean it gives dex/movement penalties? What about stealth, does it interfere with that?

I'm gonna hold of on looting actions for the moment. I've given RC a list of whats in this area to loot, and I'll consider it all automatically looted by the general group once this is finished. From there, you can grab your desired stuff. Preferably with some cooperation between everyone.

((Check this post in the ooc for more info: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171145.msg7837969#msg7837969))

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
(They wouldn't have known, or at least they wouldn't have told you anything and said they didn't know.)

You check the tablets with the help of a not to happy Wiellste and confirm that they hold nothing about the mysterious beaker.

In some circumstances, yes, it would be at a disadvantage. For stealth...usually not.

Join Harm in the search for loot. Start searching, use my awesome dex to check the hard to reach corners.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Done done, there's a list.
Grab some structural junk from the warehouse and fix my shovel.

Head into town and look for a mining or jewelry store, sell my diamond to them for at least 100 fathoms and haggle for a better price. If I succeeded in selling them my diamond, show them the most valuable and precious crystals and stones from my mineral sample and sell the information of the mineral deposits to them for 5 times the price of my sold diamond.

Afterwards buy a black flame and check out the wares of the other shops.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
You grab some ruined metal for junk, stripping off one of the dented metal plates. [1] You repair your shovel. Its a little more ugly than before, but it works.

[20] You attempt to sell your diamond for 100 fathoms but can't find someone to buy it. At least not for that price. A few are close but your attempts to haggle seem to annoy them  more than anything.

Bought for the price listed in the doc.  Also, please don't make me try to list every single shop and item found in a city. Narrow that down.

I guess I'm 48 pages late. :'(
Welcome aboard! Too late to level up but never too late to die! go on an adventure!

Should I do that Leveling up thing? Probably not, right?
”...”
ask for some money
Then, help the two people search the warehouse, and also grab loot
1. A rifle
2. A revolver
3. 50 feet of rope
4. All the corpses Moku hasn’t gotten to yet
5. 1 lantern
6. One cleaver.

Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
Not this turn.

So there are few things here Leo. First, I noticed that you have a lot of stuff in your inventory that isn't buyable from the starting list.   I'd be ok with letting you keep that stuff with the assumption that you bought it in town this turn, in exchange for...lets say 15 fathoms. IF you're ok with that, just take those away from your total.

As per the loot, I'd say to wait for someone to Ok it because I'm hearing whisperings of murdering you due to your corpse greed. Rather Ironic.  In any case, try to work things out with everyone since you're all part of the same team.

That or go kill the biggest guy in the bore so that they know they can't mess with you~

AsHul approaches Kara at some point in the events, standing a respectful distance away:
"Greetings, Generous Corven. Are you well? How are you han- -ahem- adjusting to the loss of your arm?" AsHul asks.
"If you are interested, I am sure that you could get a prosthetic, perhaps a mechanical one. There may even be someone in town who could graft on a real Corven arm, should you wish. I imagine that the reward the Church has granted us for delivering the orb would cover that cost easily.

Speaking of the reward, and forgive me if I am being too forward, but, what are your intentions regarding that money? Will you be distributing it to the group at large? There is talk of outfitting the Bore to be livable, and I believe the warehouse could use some repairs, should we choose to retain it."

AsHul will assist Harm and the others in organizing and recording the loot and in cleaning the warehouse.
When Kara is awake, he will approach her to ask if she intends to share the Fathoms with the rest, and how she wold like to proceed with that. He'll accept a share if she provides it. He'll happily escort her to a money changer to get smaller denominations for distribution.
AsHul requests an equal share of worm's bloods from the loot, and will distribute them among the Divers who participated in the tutorial artifact retrieval.

Finally, AsHul will visit the local parish church for worship, to establish contacts within the church, and to see if the parish has any open jobs or requests that our motley crew could take on.

I'm not sure if the money changing went anywhere because I don't see actions dedicated to it, but if you did decide, consider the coins split up into whatever denominations you like.

The local parish church is a small come compared to the lavish things you've seen elsewhere. Even still it is a big building, one of the few outside. Its up on the very top terrace, a circular amphitheater carved into the stone, concentric stone seats sunk into the stone, all oriented towards the center pulpit and the huge black flame statue above it. There are stone block buildings adjoining it where the Delvers and other officials live. You sit for a service, just a reading of part of stratum 1 and 2 with a focus on the nature of GOD's might and ability, before stopping to talk with the delver that gave the sermon. You let him know about your meeting and he regards you carefully. Eventually says that there is some work that might be done. A shrine has been assembled recently and will need to be tested. He was looking for Pious and adventurous folk to test it first.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 27, 2018, 04:15:13 pm »

Agree to the deal, sell 3 gold cubes for 80 a piece, should come out to 240 fathoms.
Find someone who sells mechanical arms and buy 2. They should be 30 a piece, for a total of 60.
Shop around for a place that sells gun parts, and get a price estimate, do the same for motor parts and electronic parts (to be clear, I’m looking for components, not just junk)
Then lastly, examine the octohedrons more closely. Try to figure out what they are capable of, and how they would be used intentionally.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hotfire90

« Reply #746 on: August 27, 2018, 04:30:21 pm »

Try my extortion scheme again, this time sell them the location of the mineral deposits for 500 fathoms, lower the price a little if they refuse at first.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 27, 2018, 04:47:20 pm »

Aight. ”I don’t need that many corpses. Lots of demand, yeah?”
To everyone in particular.
then, to Kara:
“Uh... got anything that I should know? I can help with that arm, if somebody’d just let me have a corpse.

I’ll ask for the rifle and cleaver, then.
Also, now that Kara’s awake, and she has the money, she’s the boss, right?

Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 09:04:38 am by Leodanny »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #748 on: August 27, 2018, 06:13:04 pm »

-snip-
"Excellent! That sounds reasonable to me. Talk it over with the other tinkers, find a good spot on the bore. Check to see if there's anything else we need for the bore, maybe we can get a discount if we buy in bulk. Talk to Vikkan about what he thinks the bore needs, if you want. Once you've got it planned, we'll go make the purchase and install it. Sounds good to you?"

Aight. ”I don’t need that many corpses. Lots of demand, yeah?”
To everyone in particular.
then, to Kara:
“Uh... got anything that I should know? I can help with that arm, if somebody’d just let me have a corpse.

Also, now that Kara’s awake, and she has the money, she’s the boss, right?
Kara involuntarily shook her head and puffed her feathers, deeply disturbed and no longer able to hide it.
The effects of the sacrifice... And a dead arm. A dead human arm. Wrong weight. Alien.
The mental image was almost enough to make her puke, and not in the 'feeding your young' way.
"No! What is with everyone and corpses?! And I said my arm was fine! Is fine! Ugh!"
She took half a second to reconsider what she just did.
"Look, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell. I appreciate you trying to help, but I don't need any help, really, I'm fine."

((Also, Kara is not the boss, she's just trying to organise people and make sure everything is done fairly before paying those that participated in the mission. ... Now that I say it out loud, I guess you could call her the boss in some sense of the word, but it's not like the GM told me I was the boss or anything, I'm merely trying to act reasonably IC.))

After spending some time admiring his black flame and also resting—he really needed a good meal, a lot of water and a few days of rest to recover—he headed towards Kara's spot, finding her quite chatting up quite a few people. If he'd been worried about her being alone and her mental state, hopefully people were drawing her focus away from her sacrifice. It was hard losing an entire arm... Even his missing hand wasn't that bad compared to that.

"Hello there, Kara. Popular, aren't you?" he joked, also taking a seat to rest. "I'm really tired, I'm not sure if it's just the blood loss or stress from our little adventure. I came here to check on you, but also I'd like to talk to you about my wound, but that can wait until later. Most importantly, how are you? Tired as well, I suppose."
"Vikkan!" Kara exclaimed with excitement. He was actually one of the few people that didn't stress her and she really needed someone like that right now, someone to just be comfortable with.
She half-run half-jumped to Vikkan, her tail bobbing behind her as she did so. She brushed him with her uninjured shoulder in a friendly manner and clicked her beak happily.
"Ha, I guess they can't resist my charming personality." she joked as she looked at him with one eye.
She leaned in closer to whisper in his ear.
"That, or they want what's hidden under my shirt." she whispered half-jokingly, indicating the small lumps barely visible beneath her shirt, where she had hidden the fathoms.
With that she pulled away, took his hand and tried to guide him to her cot.
"Come on, sit with us!"
She wished it could be under better circumstances, but she wouldn't let an opportunity to hang out with him pass her by simply because it wasn't perfect.
Golden Rule 10: A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 03:18:51 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 27, 2018, 06:31:50 pm »

-snip-
"Excellent! That sounds reasonable to me. Talk it over with the other tinkers, find a good spot on the bore. Check to see if there's anything else we need for the bore, maybe we can get a discount if we buy in bulk. Talk to Vikkan about what he thinks the bore needs, if you want. Once you've got it planned, we'll go make the purchase and install it. Sounds good to you?"

"Friend Vikkan is here as well, wonderful, that makes this much more efficient. Well, we did already come up with some ideas. Let me see." He flips through some pages again, tapping a pencil against the clipboard once he finds what he was looking for. "Ah, yes, here it is. First orders of business would be a general workshop, as discussed. A crew quarters, meaning sleeping arrangments, mess hall, bathrooms, common room and such. The bore is rather bare at the moment. We've also discussed giving the bore life support systems for extended operation, like an air recycling system. But that might not be necessary? I mean, our bore might already be outfitted with such systems, I haven't had time to check during...well, our little adventure."

"Those are the basics. Once we get more funds, or should we have sufficient funds left, there have been other propositions. Let's see. A chem lab, that's my idea, for manufacturing our own stimulants. Our divers do tend to like their performance enhancing drugs, and I'm sure the regular footfolk will enjoy little pick-me-ups as well. A gunsmithing workshop, as requested by one of our resident gun tinkerer moths. A diver sanctuary. Which is..."

More page flipping.

"Details...details...ah, here we are. A reinforced room for divers to practise their art away from other teammembers. Incidentally, includes an airlock for easy ejection from the bore of divers getting possessed or otherwise becoming unstable. After that, I have a 'long range comms' and 'sensor suite' written down, but we don't have details on that yet. Quite the moutful all of this. What do you think?"
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 231