Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 384503 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Return
« Reply #780 on: August 29, 2018, 01:54:27 pm »

Spoiler: Stat Rolls (click to show/hide)

PW, I rolled my own levelup manually, above.  If you have a problem with that, I'm perfectly fine with someone rerolling them for me in Discord, I wouldn't mind more increases.  As far as Nyw's actions, he'll mostly just stand around and guard people, making sure no fighting or daemonic possessions break out.  If things seem quiet, he'll also ask Kara for a few fathoms, then go into town to buy a harness that can comfortably hold an array of weapons over his armor.

Paris: Nyw requests from the inventory a single hooked cleaver (both the Ethrals grabbed one, but it's prolly more useful in his hands), two knives, and an ethral rifle.  Along with enough money to purchase a harness to hold all that.  Oh, and Nyw did also carry Wiellste, Kara, and Drett out of the collapsing ruins, so I think just this stuff is fair payment.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #781 on: August 29, 2018, 05:24:11 pm »

Kara leaned into Vikkan, closed her eyes and enjoyed the hug.
"Yeah." she said and nodded.
She remained silent for a while.
"It wasn't that bad, I guess. You know, before it happened. There was all this ice-dust everywhere and more of it drifting from above. I could see no ceiling above me. It had a terrifying beauty, like I could fall into it forever. I'd like to think that's what the overworld you humans came from was like before it was lost."
She opened her eyes to look at him.
"Not that I'd ever want to dive into the otherworlds again. I don't even want to think of diving happening anywhere near me, let alone trying to do so myself, not after what I saw it do. One time is one too many for me."
"No offense to your faith, of course." she added hastily while pointing at Vikkan's black flame, remembering the Church's opinion about diving.

What would be a reasonable price for a round of high quality drinks for around 20 people?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #782 on: August 29, 2018, 07:17:54 pm »

Agree to the deal, sell 3 gold cubes for 80 a piece, should come out to 240 fathoms.
Find someone who sells mechanical arms and buy 2. They should be 30 a piece, for a total of 60.
Shop around for a place that sells gun parts, and get a price estimate, do the same for motor parts and electronic parts (to be clear, I’m looking for components, not just junk)
Then lastly, examine the octohedrons more closely. Try to figure out what they are capable of, and how they would be used intentionally.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
Sold
Bought
Gonna have to be more specific if its not junk.
[13] No idea really other than that they replicate materials, as you saw earlier.

Try my extortion scheme again, this time sell them the location of the mineral deposits for 500 fathoms, lower the price a little if they refuse at first.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
I'm a bit confused who you're attempting to sell to/extort.

Aight. ”I don’t need that many corpses. Lots of demand, yeah?”
To everyone in particular.
then, to Kara:
“Uh... got anything that I should know? I can help with that arm, if somebody’d just let me have a corpse.

I’ll ask for the rifle and cleaver, then.
Also, now that Kara’s awake, and she has the money, she’s the boss, right?

Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
You ask Kara For a rifle and cleaver. She seems to be trying to nap so you jab her with a finger a few times.

Wiellste gets to her feet, takes a few experimental steps, and once she's confident in her ability to actually walk, staggers into the warehouse to find Kara. It seems that... several people are already engaged in conversation with the Corven, so Wiellste stands awkwardly nearby, waiting for them to go away go that she can talk to Kara more privately. Though when additions to the Nomad come up, she decides to speak.
"...I think we now have more guns than hands to wield them. I think it would be wise to choose a room on the bore to designate as our armory, so that we can stow those firearms safely. Having rifles laying on the floors while the bore is tilting is a major safety hazard."

How much to set up some gun racks or cases on the bore, so that they're properly secured while we're drilling around? And an "armory" sign to hang up in front of this room? And a counter so I can sit behind it and roleplay as the AM.

Consider what could be done to improve Garo's Ethral rifle, as per his request. Specifically to improve effectiveness against large or armored targets.
One idea could be to use chemical junk extracted from our human corpses in order to create ammo with an explosive or corrosive punch.
Consider what could be done with no tools, with a general crafting station, and with a specialized gun smithing station.

Spoiler: Wiellste. x_u (click to show/hide)
Gun racks? Pretty cheap. Maybe 5 fathoms each. Sign is free if you make it.

So lets go with the idea of a corrosive/explosive punch. You could probably use stomach acid boosted with chemical junk to make some acid bullets, though that would need a chemical crafting station. Explosive rounds would be possible with a general station and gunsmith station but you'd need explosives and a high caliber gun to hold the oversized bullets.

Scavenge around town for anything useful until it's time to go back to the bore.

Spoiler: Aigresaur (click to show/hide)
What is useful for an Aigresaur? Because I'm imaging you coming back with just a weird assortment of trash and oddies.
AsHul expresses interest in the shrine testing job, and asks for more information as to what that would entail. ((I'm assuming a group vision?))
He also asks if there are other organizations in town that might also have work worthy of a nomad bore crew. Work compatible with the Church's doctrines, naturally. Should there be such, he will go place to place requesting info on those jobs.

To Kara, before he left:
"I am always available to advise and counsel regarding Diving, to the best of my ability. And I too know how precious it is to have someone hear one's voice. If you'll excuse me, I wish to visit the local place of worship."

To the planning group, upon return:
"I have spoken with the local parish. They have a job offer for us. They wish to test a newly built shrine. Some or all of us may find it to be an interesting opportunity."

As for your equipment split, I see nothing unreasonable here. I can't say if you missed anything for anyone else, but would you mind allowing me a few of the worm's bloods, and perhaps some of the rope? Rope is such a useful item."

The shrine test would be a minor communion completed with a minor relic. The want you to draw out the core, both as a test that the shrine works and to gain the core. They need 8 people, its what the shrine holds.

They tell you that the Traveller's Guild or Righteous Fury would be a good place to look for Pious work. The traveler are some of their biggest suppliers of relics, after all.

There's too much people here. Go back to the bore and find a more calm place.

Investigate my Black Flame. I'm sure the church guys had Empyrean nails made of the same material, so I wonder if this can also do miracles like they did. Try cutting the air?

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
You climb back into the bore and find a nice empty room. Once there, you begin to consider the black flame.

[8] The black flame is simple obsidian but that doesn't prevent it from having some sort of enchantment placed upon it. It might be possible to observe or learn about that enchantment using diving or some sort of relic, but with your unaided eyes you can't see anything special about the stone.

((I apologize for multiple actions again, but it's so I can hopefully be ready to go once the next mission hits.))

1. The raw materials for the workshop are 150 fathoms (if my math is correct). And we're also looking to install basic living conditions in the bore (sleeping arrangements, mess hall, bathroom, common room), though we haven't discussed the required parts for that. Explain this to this GTA representative that my crew is looking to do some substantial purchases for these bore upgrades, and that if he cuts me a deal on these purchases I'll make sure they do it through a GTA vendor.

2. Look around GTA affiliated vendors for someone selling occult stuff. If there is none, check other stores. Regardless of who I end up with, have a look at what they're selling to get an idea of what occult items are. Keep an eye out for weird crafting parts. Also check if they sell something akin to nyars boxes.

3. If I can find a spot around the outside of the town where I can test a weapon without damaging anything inside the town, go there and test the floating crystal baby's attack again on a sturdy piece of cave wall or something. If I don't think I can reasonably test fire without damaging the town, don't.

4. Have a look at the strandbeest crystal baby. Can I figure out what makes them tick without taking it apart? Do they have some kind of core, wiring, or other stuff I can see? Also estimate how resistant to explosions and other damage these crystal constructs are. 

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
1. Vendor, in turn, tells you that there is a GTA shop down at the Boreyards selling anything a bore could need. Surely you could use GTA credit down there.

2. There are no GTA vendors of occult oddities around here but you do find a small shop tucked away in a distant part of the town, deep in the tunnel maze. It has no sign displaying a name, but through open, glassless windows you can see many boxes of all varieties sitting about.  A woman is sitting behind on a stool in the back corner of the room, barely visible in the dark.

3. His attack blows a hole about 4 inches wide and 5 feet deep in the solid stone. After doing that it plops to the ground and becomes unresponsive for the moment.

4. You think you might be able to figure apart some basics about the crystals by taking one apart, though you're pretty sure they won't have any sort of traditional components or mechanics. Hard to say how sturdy they are without testing it.

The abomination moves from her corpse pile, dragging two bodies and a vial of worms blood with her. She leaves the warehouse, bodies in tow, and heads to the bore. She enters and heads to the back corner of the bore.

The sounds of cracking bone can be heard from the corner.
Crafting/Diving with advantage
Spoiler: The Stuff (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
How someone can go to the back corner of a cylindrical thing, I'm not sure, but sure.
[2] Your...crafting goes just fine, though the result is a bit more messy, gooey and less solid than you'd like. Oh well.

[19,   12,   2,   9,   1,   16,   8,   6,   9,   16,   13,   2,   8,   5,   10] (-7 nerve)(Final rolls: 20, 1)

At this point you are unconscious so...we'll just let other people figure out what happens next.

"Bu-but.." Wiellste stammers weakly as Kara and Vikkan walk away.
She becomes suddenly very aware of the large number of strange people nearby, and decides to leave as subtly as possible.

Stealth roll to follow Kara and Vikkan into the bore without them noticing, please! :V

Spoiler: Wiellste. x_u (click to show/hide)
[13]
You fail to sneak aboard without them noticing, so you just determinately follow them aboard in a blatant and obvious fashion. 

Crawling out of a corner, Drett stretches as if he had taken a not-too-comfortable nap after the church saved them. Now, where was... Ah, the patients. As he steps over to the currently visible patient, a tiny Ethral he asks aloud, has anyone seen where Kara and Vikkan have run off to?

Stepping over to Wiellste, he bends down with his doctors bag in hand. How are you feeling now that you have been able to rest? Don't think about his head you are a professional he is alive now.

Are there medically significant resources here in the warehouse? I don't need a specific count, just information that yes or no, there is or isn't enough here to build a supply.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's a first aid box in the corner of the warehouse. Thats about it.

Spoiler: Stat Rolls (click to show/hide)

PW, I rolled my own levelup manually, above.  If you have a problem with that, I'm perfectly fine with someone rerolling them for me in Discord, I wouldn't mind more increases.  As far as Nyw's actions, he'll mostly just stand around and guard people, making sure no fighting or daemonic possessions break out.  If things seem quiet, he'll also ask Kara for a few fathoms, then go into town to buy a harness that can comfortably hold an array of weapons over his armor.

Paris: Nyw requests from the inventory a single hooked cleaver (both the Ethrals grabbed one, but it's prolly more useful in his hands), two knives, and an ethral rifle.  Along with enough money to purchase a harness to hold all that.  Oh, and Nyw did also carry Wiellste, Kara, and Drett out of the collapsing ruins, so I think just this stuff is fair payment.

Thats fine.

I'm gonna have you not go to town, for the moment. Because...well...divers. You know how it goes.

Kara leaned into Vikkan, closed her eyes and enjoyed the hug.
"Yeah." she said and nodded.
She remained silent for a while.
"It wasn't that bad, I guess. You know, before it happened. There was all this ice-dust everywhere and more of it drifting from above. I could see no ceiling above me. It had a terrifying beauty, like I could fall into it forever. I'd like to think that's what the overworld you humans came from was like before it was lost."
She opened her eyes to look at him.
"Not that I'd ever want to dive into the otherworlds again. I don't even want to think of diving happening anywhere near me, let alone trying to do so myself, not after what I saw it do. One time is one too many for me."
"No offense to your faith, of course." she added hastily while pointing at Vikkan's black flame, remembering the Church's opinion about diving.

What would be a reasonable price for a round of high quality drinks for around 20 people?

Oh, a few fathoms, depending on the drinks in question.

Everyone on the bore: You hear a sound like a man being sucked through some sort of very small opening by a very powerful industrial machine. Only it is loud enough to vibrate the entire bore and momentarily set your ears ringing.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #783 on: August 29, 2018, 07:32:43 pm »

“What was that!?”
Investigate noise, also, check if Moku is no longer guarding her corpse pile. If she isn’t, grab a corpse, put in coldest place I can find, repeat once or twice.

Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #784 on: August 29, 2018, 07:34:08 pm »

Wiellste makes a strange, high-pitched squeak when she realizes that Kara and Vikkan had noticed her following them. She tries to apologize in a few seconds of incomprehensible moth noises, then something makes a noise from elsewhere in the Nomad and...

Um, try to hide. Dammit, we need to install things in here to hide under. Don't leave Kara behind, though. I... I have an obligation to keep her safe, even if all I have to do so is my tiny body.

Spoiler: Wiellste. o_o' (click to show/hide)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 29, 2018, 07:36:20 pm »

Leave the trash, and go back to the bore to wait for something to happen.

Spoiler: Aigresaur (click to show/hide)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 29, 2018, 08:12:12 pm »

"Don't worry. While I have my faith, I've also gotten quite cautious around div-" Then the noise almost deafened him.

There was a moment of silence on his part, not only because he was surprised, but also because his ears were ringing. "...I hope it's not diving. But it can be. We should try and leave now."

Vikkan and Kara need a safe way out of the bore now.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 29, 2018, 08:18:08 pm »

((I'm going to assume I got those items, because... well, a onehanded weapon will probably be useful here.))

Welp.  Go investigate that noise.  Cleaver in one hand, other empty.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 29, 2018, 08:29:04 pm »

Before I go, I’ll also buy a short sword and a mail shirt (-40). Then I’ll get the arms wrapped up all pretty with a bow, and skip on back to the bore with narry a care in the world
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 08:40:32 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 29, 2018, 08:42:33 pm »

Oh dear. Leave the bore as quickly as possible!

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #790 on: August 30, 2018, 12:39:11 am »

"Not again." Kara lamented, the noise making her feel like a bowl of petunias.
"I've got a weapon. I'll go first." she told Vikkan.
She used the rifle's strap to keep it from falling and a nearby wall to keep it from turning. With the weapon wedged into place she used her one remaining arm to pull the bolt until a round was chambered. After she was done, she let the rifle dangle from her side.
They may be gossiping moths but I'm glad they make so lightweight rifles.
She reached beneath her shirt and removed the two fathoms from their hiding place, offering them to Vikkan.
"Just in case something happens." she said, trying to sound calm.

Give 2000 fathoms to Vikkan.

Keep my rifle at the ready, ready to shoot any possessed abominations I see. However do not shoot while sneaking unless we're detected. Getting the others out safely is the first priority.

Check this room's exit. If it's all clear, get out and quietly and carefully lead the rest of the people with me to the airlock.

Once they're all safely out, follow Nyw back in. Keep a safe distance from him and stand ready to support him with my rifle.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 03:31:12 am by Parisbre56 »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 30, 2018, 01:12:59 am »

Garos was still sitting near the bore simply waiting for Kara and Vikkan to return to both find out if they already organized the division of equipments and find out what they were going to do next. After all, Vikkan was the driver so it was impossible to go around without him, and Kara apparently was their current leader.
"Hmm. They surely are taking their time inside."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Garos draws his rifle and moves closer to the Bore for now. Shoot any sort of possessed creature that comes out of the Bore or gets on his sight.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 03:03:48 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 30, 2018, 07:30:46 am »

AsHul thanks the local parish leaders, requests a letter of introduction, and then heads first to the Travelers' Guild and then to the Righteous Fury. He wants to find out how they usually operate and what kinds of jobs are available for groups such as ours.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 30, 2018, 09:43:20 am »

Multiple actions again. In my defence, only the first two are for me personally, the rest are team-based.

1. Enter the little occult shop. Have a quick look at the wares on display. Once I've had my glance, say the following to the woman in back corner of the room:
"Greetings, madam salesperson. I am very interested in your wares, but I see they are all in boxes. I also see no signage anywhere. How does doing business here work, and what are your rates?"

2. Check if the GTA guy or anyone else wants to buy my gempeople crystal-on-a-stick and how much they'll give me for it.

3. Head over to Boreyards. Locate the GTA salespeople. Tell them my team is looking to do a number substantial bore upgrades, and if they hook us up with a discount on our purchases, I'll make sure they use only GTA vendors. If the GTA vendors don't hook me up, go try the same spiel with another vendor.

4. Check what would be needed, either as a straight purchase or in loose junk parts, to get/make an upgrade to the bore's brain and to give the bore some kind of heavy weapon.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #794 on: August 30, 2018, 09:50:27 am »

Continue the extortion scheme. Sell my info about the location of the mineral deposits to mining and jewelry merchants and to anyone who looks rich enough to afford it, for the low price of 500 fathoms, should they refuse at first, keep lowering the price until they accept, the limit being 400 fathoms.

Return to the bore once I'm done extorting the merchants.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 10:15:15 am by Hotfire90 »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 231