Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385024 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #795 on: August 30, 2018, 12:18:42 pm »

Was zur Holle? Will you not let me catch a break? Drett nearly shouts at the sound, frustrated at the apparently lemming-like compulsion of his companions to kill themselves. Ach du lieber Himmel! If this is a diver I refuse to patch them up. Let them suffer. I apologize for the shouting, Wiellste. It was not in good taste.

Looking up from his charge, he sees Kara and Vikkan emerge from the room they were in. Ah, I was wondering where my patients were... This is not the time, no. If we make it out of here it's time to change your bandages, both of you. But let us make sure we see the day. Pulling his newly acquired rifle from under his cloak, he nervously disables the safety.

Step one: Get off the bore.
Step two: Pour bullets into any eldritch horror and avoid anomalies
Step three: ???
Step four: Make it out alive

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 12:25:24 pm by Gentlefish »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Return
« Reply #796 on: August 30, 2018, 08:38:03 pm »

Get possessed I guess.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 31, 2018, 09:25:08 am »

I've been out of the loop for for a little while and I dunno when I'll be able to spin a new loop to enter, so for now could you just lvl me up please peedubs? Also, grab a rifle, some armor and 5 or so wormblood if those are still available.

EDIT: according to the thread title there's a diver that's diving. Go check out that clusterfuck I suppose.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 09:49:17 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 31, 2018, 10:49:18 am »

((I would recommend not doing so, but it's your funeral.))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #799 on: August 31, 2018, 01:14:10 pm »

The driver reached for the fathoms with a face that showed clear dissatisfaction, but he stopped as soon as he touched the big slabs of cash.

The fathoms were warm. And Vikkan wasn't too happy about Kara's decision. "Keep them. Giving them to me makes me think you'll take more risks than necessary just because you don't have them."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #800 on: August 31, 2018, 01:17:11 pm »

“What was that!?”
Investigate noise, also, check if Moku is no longer guarding her corpse pile. If she isn’t, grab a corpse, put in coldest place I can find, repeat once or twice.

Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

The noise and the corpse pile are not in the same area so I'm gonna instead assume that you grab a corpse and drag it with you into the bore to investigate.

((I'm going to assume I got those items, because... well, a onehanded weapon will probably be useful here.))

Welp.  Go investigate that noise.  Cleaver in one hand, other empty.

I've been out of the loop for for a little while and I dunno when I'll be able to spin a new loop to enter, so for now could you just lvl me up please peedubs? Also, grab a rifle, some armor and 5 or so wormblood if those are still available.

EDIT: according to the thread title there's a diver that's diving. Go check out that clusterfuck I suppose.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Get possessed I guess.

Ollin, Adam, and Nyw all head into the bore, against the flow of people running out of it. They proceed up, towards where they think they heard the noise coming from, checking each room one at a time until they come across the right one.

The right door opens with some difficulty and a wet sucking noise. Their first impression upon seeing the room is that Moku has exploded; simply coating the walls, ceiling and floor in gore. After a moment, it becomes clear that something far worse has happened. The first clue is her heart, suspended up against the back wall. It's still beating, shiny and pink, twitching with the force of contracting muscles. Their eyes follow the still connected arteries to organs. These organs are still, more or less in their right positions, though spread flat against the wall. Its clear they're only like this because their major arteries and interconnections are too short for them to have spread far, though they are still stretched out to their maximum length. The small and large intestines are arrayed in mad spirals beside the organs and the kidneys and bladder have drifted as far as their arterial connections will allow, an island in a red sea of cells and capillaries off to the right. Bones have been separated into individual pieces, the skull like a jagged ring wall around the exposed brain and snaking optic nerves and eyes. The distinct shape of a mandible, its sharp teeth still in place, sits opposite the skull, separated by the disassociated vertebrae threads of nervous tissue. The rest of the flesh, the muscle and skin and connective tissue, has been spread thinly across the rest of the room, a layer of pinkish-red cells connected by vast networks of arteries, veins and capillaries.

Hovering maybe 8 inches away from the heart and pointed at the door is a hole in reality. A simmering blood red hole, that when looked at appears to be the opening to a throat or intestine or something similar; red soft fleshy tunnel stretching away. But there's nothing behind the disk, it is flat as paper.  A portal.

Was zur Holle? Will you not let me catch a break? Drett nearly shouts at the sound, frustrated at the apparently lemming-like compulsion of his companions to kill themselves. Ach du lieber Himmel! If this is a diver I refuse to patch them up. Let them suffer. I apologize for the shouting, Wiellste. It was not in good taste.

Looking up from his charge, he sees Kara and Vikkan emerge from the room they were in. Ah, I was wondering where my patients were... This is not the time, no. If we make it out of here it's time to change your bandages, both of you. But let us make sure we see the day. Pulling his newly acquired rifle from under his cloak, he nervously disables the safety.

Step one: Get off the bore.
Step two: Pour bullets into any eldritch horror and avoid anomalies
Step three: ???
Step four: Make it out alive

Garos was still sitting near the bore simply waiting for Kara and Vikkan to return to both find out if they already organized the division of equipments and find out what they were going to do next. After all, Vikkan was the driver so it was impossible to go around without him, and Kara apparently was their current leader.
"Hmm. They surely are taking their time inside."
Garos draws his rifle and moves closer to the Bore for now. Shoot any sort of possessed creature that comes out of the Bore or gets on his sight.

"Not again." Kara lamented, the noise making her feel like a bowl of petunias.
"I've got a weapon. I'll go first." she told Vikkan.
She used the rifle's strap to keep it from falling and a nearby wall to keep it from turning. With the weapon wedged into place she used her one remaining arm to pull the bolt until a round was chambered. After she was done, she let the rifle dangle from her side.
They may be gossiping moths but I'm glad they make so lightweight rifles.
She reached beneath her shirt and removed the two fathoms from their hiding place, offering them to Vikkan.
"Just in case something happens." she said, trying to sound calm.

Give 2000 fathoms to Vikkan.

Keep my rifle at the ready, ready to shoot any possessed abominations I see. However do not shoot while sneaking unless we're detected. Getting the others out safely is the first priority.

Check this room's exit. If it's all clear, get out and quietly and carefully lead the rest of the people with me to the airlock.

Once they're all safely out, follow Nyw back in. Keep a safe distance from him and stand ready to support him with my rifle.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Oh dear. Leave the bore as quickly as possible!

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
"Don't worry. While I have my faith, I've also gotten quite cautious around div-" Then the noise almost deafened him.

There was a moment of silence on his part, not only because he was surprised, but also because his ears were ringing. "...I hope it's not diving. But it can be. We should try and leave now."

Vikkan and Kara need a safe way out of the bore now.
Wiellste makes a strange, high-pitched squeak when she realizes that Kara and Vikkan had noticed her following them. She tries to apologize in a few seconds of incomprehensible moth noises, then something makes a noise from elsewhere in the Nomad and...

Um, try to hide. Dammit, we need to install things in here to hide under. Don't leave Kara behind, though. I... I have an obligation to keep her safe, even if all I have to do so is my tiny body.

Spoiler: Wiellste. o_o' (click to show/hide)
Leave the trash, and go back to the bore to wait for something to happen.

Spoiler: Aigresaur (click to show/hide)
You all complete your actions and then get off the bore/stand guard around it.

Except Kara who decides to go back in and join up with the group staring into the Moku-room.

Before I go, I’ll also buy a short sword and a mail shirt (-40). Then I’ll get the arms wrapped up all pretty with a bow, and skip on back to the bore with narry a care in the world
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
Done. Welcome back.

AsHul thanks the local parish leaders, requests a letter of introduction, and then heads first to the Travelers' Guild and then to the Righteous Fury. He wants to find out how they usually operate and what kinds of jobs are available for groups such as ours.

You get a letter of introduction (generally just saying "This guy wants to do work for the church") and head to the traveller's guild. Righteous Fury is a radio program, so you can't really go there. You can listen in, however, if you manage to get a radio or find someplace with one. The Traveller's guild building, easily found thanks to their distinctive lantern emblem, is a relatively small but also quite old looking and well maintained building, one of the few actually built instead of carved. It is made from great slabs of polished red jasper with various trim, paneling and edges done with bumblebee jasper. The circular windows are all made of very thin cut Agate pieces, arranged with lead solder to form what amount to stained glass images. The lantern emblem hanging from an iron spear jutting out from the door is an actual lantern, though the flame within is a carved piece of orange-yellow swirled agate. 

You knock and present the letter to the man who opens the door. He opens and inspects it before handing it back and closing the door. He doesn't say anything to you and you are close to just walking away when he returns and hands you a vellum scroll.

"Business is normally done between members only. I suggest," he says,"You apply for membership in the future.  As it is, this is the only contract we are willing to extend to non-members."

You open the contract and find that it details the recovery of a relic from a nearby ruin. It states that the relic remains unrecovered because of "Local hazards." 

Multiple actions again. In my defence, only the first two are for me personally, the rest are team-based.

1. Enter the little occult shop. Have a quick look at the wares on display. Once I've had my glance, say the following to the woman in back corner of the room:
"Greetings, madam salesperson. I am very interested in your wares, but I see they are all in boxes. I also see no signage anywhere. How does doing business here work, and what are your rates?"

2. Check if the GTA guy or anyone else wants to buy my gempeople crystal-on-a-stick and how much they'll give me for it.

3. Head over to Boreyards. Locate the GTA salespeople. Tell them my team is looking to do a number substantial bore upgrades, and if they hook us up with a discount on our purchases, I'll make sure they use only GTA vendors. If the GTA vendors don't hook me up, go try the same spiel with another vendor.

4. Check what would be needed, either as a straight purchase or in loose junk parts, to get/make an upgrade to the bore's brain and to give the bore some kind of heavy weapon.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

The boxes here, or rather the reliquaries as a sign above them states, come in all varieties. Some are small things, a few inches across, others are several feet wide, and everything in between. They all have some degree of care put into them, from simple but clean metal boxes to hugely ornate things made of genuine wood with maddeningly tiny and complex golden filigree or filled engravings.   You turn from them to address the woman in the corner. From closer you can see her better. She is thin with subtly odd proportions: fingers and neck a bit too long, head a bit too round, limbs slender but not bony. She is pretty in an otherworldly sort of way. She has a pair of round glasses with black lenses that block your view of her eyes, red hair held up in a braid that encircles part of the back of her head, and a long red dress. She sits in a relaxed, slumped position, unnaturally still, regarding you from behind her glasses.

"A trade," She says, voice a raspy whisper but somehow not unpleasant. "100 fathoms and one object." She shifts her weight and seems to listen for a moment. "The laws of similarity are in effect."

2. they'll give you 15.

3. They tell you that GTA credit is already worth 10% more here than normal fathoms.

4. Upgrade the brain in terms of just the stat it controls or to have a specific capacity? Either way, you're better off buying it; making it would be a bitch.  A cannon however could be manufactured with a gunsmith station. If its just mounted and facing one direction it is quite a simple thing and just needs a good amount of steel plus some mechanical junk. Alternatively, some mechanical junk and a lot of structural junk.  How much depends on how big we're talking. If we're talking about a turreted cannon, then things get a little more complex.

Continue the extortion scheme. Sell my info about the location of the mineral deposits to mining and jewelry merchants and to anyone who looks rich enough to afford it, for the low price of 500 fathoms, should they refuse at first, keep lowering the price until they accept, the limit being 400 fathoms.

Return to the bore once I'm done extorting the merchants.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
[4] You use your samples and some bullshitting to get the owner of a jewelry store interested in your information. He says he'll pay but he needs the information written out and documented on a map so that it can be used.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #801 on: August 31, 2018, 01:37:42 pm »

...Argh. Can't just wait this out. I can't. It wouldn't be right.
Grab a revolver from the loot pile and follow Kara up. I can ask permission once we're all safe.

I'm told that I should knowledge check re: what happens when we shoot Moku in the heart and/or brain, despite not really being there yet.
Also, figure out where that portal leads. Telazch? An artifact realm? Moku's body? Something else? Would it be safe to enter?

Spoiler: Wiellste. o_o' (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 05:05:52 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Return
« Reply #802 on: August 31, 2018, 01:40:35 pm »

Try and wake up to my new flesh hell.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 03:38:06 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Hotfire90

« Reply #803 on: August 31, 2018, 01:42:07 pm »

Go to the control room and print out a map. Write down the information and finish the transaction.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 07:18:41 pm by Hotfire90 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 31, 2018, 03:14:00 pm »

Once I gather the gist of what’s going on, I’ll take action. Guard the exit to the bore. Don my mail shirt and have both the short sword and the revolver at the ready.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #805 on: August 31, 2018, 03:15:35 pm »

"If anyone wants to enter, you have 20 minutes to get in and out. After that, we're burning it. If nobody wants to get in, we're burning it now."
Kara was disturbed by the sight, but after all that had happened to her today because of that abomination, it was very hard for her to feel bad for it or surprised about what had happened. That and she was honestly too tired. She just wanted to get this over with.
"If you see the Artifact fragment it used, then we need to destroy it or remove it. If it can still use it then this could get worse a lot more quickly."
She got down on her back and steadied the rifle on one of her legs, pointing it straight at the portal.

As Wiellste approached  her position, Kara turned to address her while keeping her rifle pointed at the room.
"If you want to be useful, go tell Vikkan to get to the control room. If the fire goes out of control we might have to submerge the bore into water to put it out." Kara was about to say 'dive' but decided that even mentioning the word was a bad idea. "We'll also need fuel. If you can't find any, we'll need someone with technical skill to suck some from the bore's tank. Now go. Quickly. We'll talk about what you did later."

Lie down on back, take aim at the abominations' brain and prepare to shoot it. Don't actually shoot it yet, just take aim and be ready.

Can I see the artifact fragment Moku used anywhere?

DO NOT APPROACH THE ROOM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING COMING OUT OF THE ROOM! FEAR THE ROOM!

((Moved action to later post.))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 06:21:05 am by Parisbre56 »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 31, 2018, 05:18:36 pm »

Get in the Bore, put the corpse somewhere safe, and stare at whatever Moku’s turned into.
”Woah. What is that? I want one!”
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 31, 2018, 05:29:44 pm »

"Kara," Nyw says, slowly and calmly "Please shoot the heart.  Now.  If you do not, I will destroy it myself.  The lizard will not recover from this.  It may harm us.  It cannot enjoy this hellish state.  It must be ended, for our sakes and its own."

Ask Kara to shoot the heart.  If she doesn't try, and the thing doesn't seem to be ended by some other effect, wonder whether throwing a melee weapon rolls on strength.  If so, throw the cleaver at the heart.  If not, touch left hand to the floor, and if unharmed, march in and slash the heart manually, skirting around the edge of the reality tear.

Edit: *sigh*.  Wait for the diver to know roll up what the proper course of action is, and only do the above if he agrees.  I suppose Nyw might as well roll Knowledge too, he does have a 30% chance of success.  Bodyblock the door in case something dangerous does happen, but don't enter unless it's necessary.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #808 on: August 31, 2018, 06:13:16 pm »

"Are you sure?" Kara asked as she switched her aim to the heart.
"Maybe stopping the heart would make things worse."
Kara also hesitated because shooting it would feel like shooting someone in cold blood. She was ready to shoot the guards before, but then it was in self defense, to protect herself and the others from certain death. Now it was less clear.
"Maybe it still being active is the only thing holding back some otherwordly being. Some fire would make me feel more comfortable."
A fire also felt more like cleaning some annoying weeds then killing someone. It gave them time to consider alternatives. It would be done by someone other than her.
"But if you think it's for the best..."
Still, she couldn't be a coward. If that was the best choice, then she had an obligation to make it.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 231