Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385745 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #810 on: August 31, 2018, 09:45:30 pm »

Just remain near the bore with his rifle ready just in case whatever is causing trouble inside comes out.
"Can anyone explain what is going on there? Do we have an intruder?"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 11:54:46 am by Praefectus Screptum »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 31, 2018, 10:02:25 pm »

"You... intend to burn it? That's inadvisable. Less risk to just shoot it in the vitals and close the door.
Letting bore fuel loose on the deck and igniting it is nearly more dangerous than the dive itself. Flooding the interior while we are present would be... considerably more so."
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Return
« Reply #812 on: September 01, 2018, 02:04:35 am »

AsHul requests information regarding how to join the Travelers' Guild,
(Edit: he'll also examine the contract carefully and ask for clarification regarding "hazards" and other pertinent information like appearance of the relic, known info concerning the origin of the ruins - what they used to be, who probably used them, etc)
thanks the member for their time,
and then heads to a mechanical brain shop to get information on his brass ball (I assume the Bore manufacturers would be the best starting place for this).
Edit: If he meets Ti's character there and she communicates with him, he'll talk with her.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 08:58:01 am by Ozarck »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 01, 2018, 02:44:24 am »

Auft takes her time sizing up her options. This was an important decision.

"How do you feel about being just another piece of meat?" she cheerfully asks the group.

Prod possible slaves for reactions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 01, 2018, 08:53:58 am »

moar actions, because I'm an impatient moistboi:

1. Thank the Chthonic GOD that I'm not on the bore right now.

2. Sell the crystals on a stick for 15 fathoms.

3. Ask following of occult lady:
"So, A trade of 100 fathoms and an object, and then you choose an object for to give me in return that follows the laws of similarity, have I got that right? Is there a limit to what constitutes such an object, or objects you will not accept? Like, hypotethical example, what if I bring you a corpse? Also, I don't suppose you accept GTA credit in your store?

How terribly rude of me, asking all of these questions without introducing myself.  My name is Clate. I hope you'll forgive the social faux-pas, your shop has my giddy with curiosity."

4. Tell these GTA boreyard salesmen that it's nice and all that GTA credit goes 10% further than regular fathoms, but since our team fund is all regular fathoms that doesn't really do much for me. Try again to get them to give us a discount on our rather sizeable bore upgrades using all of my Shlucky charms (and maybe the persuasion skill?). Make it clear to them that I'm looking for a one-time bulk purchase discount, and not like a contract that gives me a discount in every GTA store or anything.

5. Can I get a price check on crystal babies? Be sure to go to the travellers and inquire there. The babies I'm letting them take a look at for the price check are the rolling dodecahedron, the strandbeest and the weird triangle thing.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 11:10:38 am by Pancaek »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 01, 2018, 09:38:57 am »

"There is a mind in there, maintaining the dive.  End the diver, end the dive.  Unless," Nyw turns to look at Adam "The Chthonic knows something more?"

"I must admit he has really outdone himself in the possession department, it seems unlikely we'll be able to rescue him from this state. But please, at least grant me but a moment to reflect on his condition before you open fire, lest we forego a chance at saving him... or even end up making things worse somehow."

Reflect on the... thing that I'm seeing here. Is there still a chance to save the diver? Would destroying the organs spread out here (eg shooting the heart or something) stop this possession and close the portal? Or could that make things worse? Does it seem like there's a time limit of some sorts here?

Added my lvl-up to sheet (thanks, and 'thanks', Ozarck  :P). Also added those things from the lootpile to my sheet and edited the wiki.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:54:13 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #816 on: September 01, 2018, 11:10:44 am »

First of all, hand out payments in case I don't make it. Don't want to lose 2000 fathoms in Moku's butt.
Spoiler: Payments (click to show/hide)
The rest will be used by Clate/Vikkan for bore upgrades.

That done, join in on Adam's reflecting. In addition to his questions, ask myself if it would be better to burn Moku or shoot her or use some other method of removing her from the bore.

Can I see the artifact fragment Moku used to dive anywhere? If yes, could I shoot it from where I am?

Take aim and be ready to shoot the heart. If Nyw still believes we should shoot it now, then do so.
Better for me to shoot it then for him to stab it from up close.

Don't enter the room or touch anything coming out of the room under any circumstances.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 02:49:09 am by Parisbre56 »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #817 on: September 01, 2018, 07:19:24 pm »

Try to find one of the religious members of the group (like AsHul, Adam, etc.) that aren't inside of the bore and cling to them for protection.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #818 on: September 02, 2018, 05:02:10 am »

"I think it's a diving-related incident." Vikkan replied to Garos as he returned with a gun and took position outside the bore. "We'll go in if called but for the moment just stand here and prepare to shoot anything horrible coming out. Damn it, why did Kara stay inside? She's already lost far too much."

Get a gun, wait a safe distance outside the bore and overwatch against any possessed abominations or monsters.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 02, 2018, 06:01:37 am »

I meet up with Clate or AsHul at the GTA offices, looking to join a bore crew

Her first memories were of ice, and light, then of loud thunder, and flood.

Cara was found underground, underwater, entombed in frigid ice, and armored in ancient metal. She was found and named by fishermen, working near and for the town of Anvil. She somehow found that she knew a lot of things, but did not place where they were tied to, or who they were tied to; she was familiar with the stone, the people, and her tomb. They were all durable, in differing degrees, and she felt they were all important, even if she did not think the word at the time.

As the days passed, she noticed that she was different from the people around her. She did not need much sleep at all, or food, or many other needs that others were free to partake in. She also saw that she could engage in the work they did, and some, in the work they had difficulty doing, after learning their ideas and language; she was curious to do more.

Cara was given gifts by the fishermen, and she felt grateful. She knew what gratefulness was, even if the time she spent with the fishermen was in total silence; listening to their voices, stories, and questions was something to appreciate. She could feel sound, touch color, and sense the weight of the stone around her. Cara was given a name--from the talisman on her helmet when read back to her. She could somehow understand many things as if she had just awoken from a deep sleep. And so she shared her story--or what she knew--to them; she was told she had a warm, calming voice.

The town of Anvil was the nearest location. It was a major hub of people like the ones she met. People were curious and amazing creatures, and she felt like she wanted to belong with more of them.

Spoiler: Sheet (Honored Dead) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 06:04:46 am by Tiruin »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 02, 2018, 06:19:29 am »

Follow Kara into the Bore. If she shoots at any abominations, we shoot at what she's shooting at.

Spoiler: Aigresaur (click to show/hide)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 02, 2018, 09:54:03 am »

I meet up with Clate or AsHul at the GTA offices, looking to join a bore crew

Clate is walking away from another round of haggling with the GTA vendors, writing furiously on his clipboard. He stops, feeling a small tingle on the Shluck equivalent of his neck, and looks around to see a large undead in rusty armour staring at him.

"Ah, um, greetings? May I help you somehow, noble deceased?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 02, 2018, 12:18:37 pm »

"Ah, um, greetings? May I help you somehow, noble deceased?"
Cara shows over a paper (that was given to them back before she entered the city).

Quote from: That paper
Greetings,

I am looking for labor and employment. I plan to serve and aid you/your company; I am still learning the language. Call me Cara.

I am skilled in polearms and armor, geology and wilderness survival. Others tell me I can quickly grasp languages; others also say I am very hale.

I wish to do my best and work with others who will improve my skills in turn. I believe my goal is to help the Tenebrous Church; to find what is on the surface.

I require no upkeep; merely good company. I will know if I am exploited; I wish to help.

Thank you for reading this.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 12:21:00 pm by Tiruin »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 02, 2018, 12:41:33 pm »

-snip-

Clate reads the paper, abesnet mindedly jotting some notes down on his clipboard as he does so.

"I see. Well, Clara, I do happen to belong to a newly found aventuring group. Or something along those lines. Really, we were all kidnapped by a bunch of gangsters to explore some ruins from them, but then the Tenebrous Church killed them all and gave us their Bore. We started off with a sizeable group but we did recently lose some people because of, eh..." 

He has small flashback to people dying in horrible diving incidents, and several others just seemingly giving up on life and letting themselves by swallowed by the lava.

"Accidents, let's call it accidents. There's no weekly wages or anything, but you get a cut of whatever mission reward we get depending on your actions during said sortie. And you generally get to keep whatever you personally looted, within reason. I can't recall seeing any polearms, but we have several people who are rather adept at crafting on board, myself included.

I can't make this kind of decision by myself, but I'm sure the others won't mind if you tag along."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #824 on: September 02, 2018, 01:28:51 pm »

"You... intend to burn it? That's inadvisable. Less risk to just shoot it in the vitals and close the door.
Letting bore fuel loose on the deck and igniting it is nearly more dangerous than the dive itself. Flooding the interior while we are present would be... considerably more so."

"Well, I was going to use a fuse for delaying the ignition and evacuate the bore first, just me and Vikkan in. Then all I have to do is run up to the control room. But anyway, I won't do so if we are not in agreement."

"Can you at least run find AsHul and tell him what's going on here? He might have a better idea, since diving is his department."
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 231