Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385434 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #870 on: September 05, 2018, 06:00:49 pm »

AsHul then returns to the bore to speak with the planning group. In particular he will seek out Vikkan and Kara. Upon recieving the note concerning the division of items and monies, he will look it over and glance thoughtfully at Kara.
"I gladly accept the payment as outlined. I have some items to purchase. Anything that remains after that, consider at your disposal for bore and warehouse upgrades and repairs. Shall we get these Fathoms exchanged for something more easily divided?"
"Thanks. I'm happy to see most of us realize the importance of working as a group. And sure, split them. Nyw's going to town with Wiellste, I can give them one of the two. I'm sure you can tag along, if you want."

"Also, I heard about the jobs you found for us. I'm very glad you took the time to search. While I myself don't want to participate, I'm sure many would be interested in helping the Church with their artifact. If we decide to go with that as our first expedition as free people, may I propose that you, me and Clate attempt to negotiate a proper payment? I can present those papers I received from that Cthonic leader and Clate can... do whatever shluck do that gives them better deals."

"An unfortunate turn of events, Kara. But I am still...Surprised someone chose to dive so soon after what we went through in that place."
Garos carefully began to attach the heavy armor onto his body before he tilted his head upwards again.
"Killing her probably was the safest option. Diving is too unpredictable, who knows what could have happened if we left that portal open? So don't blame yourself for this. Also I will only be taking the equipment, you can keep the Fathoms. "
"I know, it's strange. I don't think it was right in the head. But thanks. And thank you on behalf of everyone for supporting the bore. Be sure to tell Wiellste to take a look at making any extra weapons or special ammo you might need once we have the workshop set up."
Kara looked at Garos thoughtfully.
"You look like an Ethral who can handle a crowd. How would you feel about joining me and some others for some drinks at a local tavern? Not strictly for pleasure and relaxation, I was thinking it would be a great way to spread our story and get some free advertising via word of mouth."

Help Kara clean up the bore. Search for anything useful that the body will no longer need.
I admire your enthusiasm. Kara would really like to help but it's hard to do so with one arm.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 05:36:54 am by Parisbre56 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 05, 2018, 06:23:20 pm »

"There is still quite some worm's blood in the stock. It might help you calm your nerves a little?" Adam mentioned.
"Nasty stuff. I'd rather not."
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 05, 2018, 07:02:08 pm »

Drett tails Garos in upon hearing reports of firing, rifle up.

Upon seeing the situation is all-clear save for the viscera, he speaks. ...Ah, I see it was a diving acquaintance after all. Lovely colors though the smell leaves much to be desired.

Having seen the paper, he reports as well, If it would ease the load of burden, I will ask only for a medical suite on-bore and, if I am to be joining in expeditions, a set of light chainmail. I can't very well keep anyone alive if I'm worried about my own health. And quieter to Kara, to maintain an illuison of patient-Doktor confidentiality he was raised on, We should change your bandages soon. How is the pain? I can give you another dose if it's still very sore.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #873 on: September 06, 2018, 02:38:00 am »

Upon seeing the situation is all-clear save for the viscera, he speaks. ...Ah, I see it was a diving acquaintance after all. Lovely colors though the smell leaves much to be desired.

Having seen the paper, he reports as well, If it would ease the load of burden, I will ask only for a medical suite on-bore and, if I am to be joining in expeditions, a set of light chainmail. I can't very well keep anyone alive if I'm worried about my own health. And quieter to Kara, to maintain an illuison of patient-Doktor confidentiality he was raised on, We should change your bandages soon. How is the pain? I can give you another dose if it's still very sore.
Kara finds a quiet where she could lie down and let Drett work in peace.
"Thanks. It still hurts, but... Let's start with the bandages and see how we go from there."
She helps him remove her shirt and then raises her arm to give him easier access to the bandages.
"And I agree, we need a place where you can work in the right conditions. It's the least we can do."
She turned her head to look away, feeling somewhat embarrassed.
"I, uh, also with everything that's being going on I didn't really get to thank you properly for what you did. You know. Saving my life. So, uh, thanks."
She felt the urge to move but knew she couldn't do so without disturbing Drett's work, so she merely adjusted her position a bit.
"I guess it was not very considerate of me to do something like that to myself and then expect you to save me. I mean, you had no obligation, you could had just left me there to... But you did it anyway. So, um, yeah. Thanks. Again. I really owe you a lot. My life."
Corven couldn't really flush due to all the feathers, but with his hands on her body, with nothing to prevent him from feeling the heat of her flesh and her racing heart, she might as well have.

1. Let Drett check my injury for anything it might need.

2. If necessary and we haven't already done so, give Nyw one of the fathoms to get it exchanged so that everyone can get their share.

Edit:

You walk into the warehouse and wander around in a mild daze until you find a simple cot over in one corner. Judging by the pack of cards and heavily used book next to it, it was a place used by a guard that stayed in the building.
3. Out of curiosity what's that book about?

4. Is there some sort of manager office in the warehouse, somewhere where we could hold meetings with potential clients? Preferably one on a mezzanine overlooking the warehouse?

And if you don't mind me jumping into the pricing questions bandwagon:
5. How much scrap/materials/fathoms to repair the battle damage to the warehouse?

6. Do we need to worry about the security of the warehouse? I mean, would you say it is secure from outside infiltration or attack and if not what would we need to improve it?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 05:00:14 am by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 06, 2018, 06:56:29 am »

PW, if it's helpful, I am linking all action posts here. There are 14 so far.

"You really can't expect me to compare those church sanctioned pro divers with the dregs on our bore, come on now.

Also, why do you distrust this noble deceased so much more than the people we were forced to team up with? Shucks, for all you know I got kicked out of Shluck society for being a serial killer, targeting lowly merchants and using their tentacles to make sculptures to leave in public places. Then I wandered around, stabbing homeless people in their sleep and arranging their entrails to depict parodies of scenes from the classic Shluck play 'The importance of being Shluck', before those ruffians caught me and slapped a bomb collar on me.

I mean, as a hypotethical example of course. That didn't actually happen. But any one of us could have a dark and dangerous secret like that. This noble deceased is up front with having an interest in a slightly unconventional topic of research, and I feel like we should give her the benefit of the doubt."

"As you say, danger comes in many forms. This one may be no more harmful than those we already carry with us. But you would treat with extra caution a newcomer who approached with teh stated goal of 'bankrupting all Shluck. It's for their own good, honest,' Wouldn't you? Nevertheless, I will abide by the group's decision."

AsHul then returns to the bore to speak with the planning group. In particular he will seek out Vikkan and Kara. Upon recieving the note concerning the division of items and monies, he will look it over and glance thoughtfully at Kara.
"I gladly accept the payment as outlined. I have some items to purchase. Anything that remains after that, consider at your disposal for bore and warehouse upgrades and repairs. Shall we get these Fathoms exchanged for something more easily divided?"
"Thanks. I'm happy to see most of us realize the importance of working as a group. And sure, split them. Nyw's going to town with Wiellste, I can give them one of the two. I'm sure you can tag along, if you want."

"Also, I heard about the jobs you found for us. I'm very glad you took the time to search. While I myself don't want to participate, I'm sure many would be interested in helping the Church with their artifact. If we decide to go with that as our first expedition as free people, may I propose that you, me and Clate attempt to negotiate a proper payment? I can present those papers I received from that Cthonic leader and Clate can... do whatever shluck do that gives them better deals."

"I think that is wise, Noble Corven. I will announce the jobs which have been presented to us for the others to look at as well. Additionally, There is a radio program that will offer bounties as well - the church recommends them. We would do well to pay attention to their program as well, I think."

Hey Everyone:
We currently have two job offers: one frm teh church and one from teh travellers' guild

The church wants eight of us to do a minor Relic Vision. Get in, get the core, bring the core to the church.
The Travelelers Guild wants someone to go get a relic from a ruins (kinda like the tutorial mission) there are 'living' beings there which pose a danger (maybe undead, maybe constructs, maybe something ethereal - no further info on them is yet available.

AsHul wishes to lead the Relic Vision quest. Post in the ooc if you are interested in that one or in the other one, would ya?

Also, there's still more options for what to do next, once we get the Bore upgraded and all.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #875 on: September 06, 2018, 10:24:21 am »

Vikkan eventually followed Garos only to find out the situation had been taken care of. "Kara, you really should take less risks after the ones you've already taken." he commented as he prepared to help with cleaning up the mess.

Help clean the bore.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #876 on: September 06, 2018, 12:22:54 pm »

pay respects to scary abomination lady and help with cleanup.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

"Disgusting. The danger has passed, but I'd rather not let this mess fester. And so there's still work to be done."

Ew. Need to clean this up. Do we have mops somewhere around here? Probably buckets, too, to carry the remains out of the bore in. I suppose we should try for something resembling a proper burial...

If we don't already have what we need, I'll go into town and buy a few mops, a few buckets, some kind of sterilizing fluid.
Pending approval from everyone else, that can probably come out of our common budget because we'll certainly be needing them again.
If not, I'll ask Kara to pay me the 70 fathoms promised and use that money.

Spoiler: Wiellste... -_o (click to show/hide)
Help Kara clean up the bore. Search for anything useful that the body will no longer need.

Spoiler: Aigresaur (click to show/hide)
Vikkan eventually followed Garos only to find out the situation had been taken care of. "Kara, you really should take less risks after the ones you've already taken." he commented as he prepared to help with cleaning up the mess.

Help clean the bore.
Ollin, Wiellste, Aigresaur, and Vikkan, using some cleaning stuff they find in the warehouse, scrub down the former moku room, piling as much of the body into an old crate as possible. Burial underground is a many varied thing depending on the faith.  Shang-Gei tend to prefer honorary cannibalism, but Chthonics prefer to be buried in catacombs, usually in stone sarcophagi.  What exactly Moku was...no one is really sure. Most divers have at least some connection to the Chthonic faith, but its not a requirement.  For the moment they place the metal crate into the warehouse, for later disposal.

I must say, this has helped my mood considering we might all die, Drett says while he passes a rock to Garos, Though we may be better served with a larger and softer object to kick around. Mental health is just as important as physical.

I will have to visit town for medical supplies if each trip is to be as harrowing as the last, he mentions to Vikkan, But we need to take another look at your hand, and I will clean up Kara's shoulder before then. Would you be interested in a prosthetic? If so, what would you require of it?

Looks like it's over. Check up on Kara's sacrificed arm wound.

Get my split o the lewt if we break coinage.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You check Kara's arm. Is no long bleeding and looks like its on the road to recovery.

You take your fat loots and cash money.

Nyw, the danger passed, leaves the others and returns to the small pile of weapons he dropped, earlier.  He looks down at the pile of weapons.  Then he remembers that he intended to buy a rig to carry the weapons with.  And that requires money.  Which he just refused to take from Kara.  He sighs.

Nyw then returns to Kara, explains the above and requests some money, then if given any accompanies Wiellste into town and buys some sort of harness that he can wear over his armor, and strap his weapons to.

Nyw will collect some of the largest garmest off of a couple giard corpses, and carry them along with him, to eventually be turned into harnesses to carry his weapons on.  No rush though.  For now, he'll just hold onto the ball of cloth, and stay near Wiellste, watching over her.

Oh, and also, I forgot to put my skillpoint into something.  Nyw now has level 1 in Murakumo.

Garmest off a giard?  You got that brain rot, friend?

You strip some garments of some guard corpses and keep the wad of clothing under one arm as you follow Wiellste around, watching as she cleans corpse goo from the bore.

Aprouch Vikkan and present the mechanical arm (wrapped up all pretty with a bow) I bought.
”I don’t know exactly what you did in that ruin, but from what the Church guy said, it must have been important. I came away from that with a bit more than most people, so I want to do my part to repay that.”
Then go to Kara and present the other mechanical arm.
”Not many of us have made sacrifices for each other the way you have. Some of us, like me, bennifited when others lost. I’d like to do what I can to balance out where I fit in that dynamic.“
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
You present the the gift of usable limbs to Vikkan and Kara. Though...they'll still need to go through the attachment process. And considering at least Kara lost her limb to a dive...you wonder what the result will be.

"... Well, that solves that I suppose. I do wonder if we couldn't have saved him, had we been slower on the trigger. Oh well, too late for that now I suppose. Clean shooting either way."

Then, turning away from the bloody mess for a moment and making an effort not to retch as the guts messily plop down to the floor.

"So anyway, about that paper slip, I do like that we'll be keeping some money for bore upgrades, since it seems we'll be needing them. However, it seems to me this wasn't exactly discussed with the rest of the survivors, now was it? I'd like to see some more group involvement in things that affect the entirety of the crew in the future.

As for the division itself, it appears workable enough I suppose, though the range seems rather large to me. It's true that not all of the crew was equally vital to the effort, but honestly, we were all forced into this at bombpoint. It's not like they signed up for this or were prepared for any of it. Secondly, you are clearly selling yourself short. Don't know if it's out of shyness or what, but I'd say you either allow yourself a more balanced pay, or accept some of mine. If only to replace or accommodate the arm you sacrificed for our teammate. Fair's fair."

What does the bore have in terms of communications and sensors currently?

Could I please get the price for the following bore upgrades:
1) Hospital/medical ward
2) Built in external elevator platform
3) loading dock
4) containment vault

Also, what is the price of a portable radio that can send and receive at decent range? Looking for something handheld at the largest, not a backpack or something.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

The bore has you shouting from an open door in terms of communication equipment right now. Sensors wise it has some basic ones. Basically, you can read external temperature, oxygen levels, and depth.

1. Depends on the sophistication. A basic one is gonna be 200 or so. But if you want advanced surgical suites with semi-automated mechanical surgical arms and fully stocked supplies of things like good pain killers, anti-venom, and curatives for various poisons, toxins, and occult afflictions, thats gonna run into the 1000's.  Basically, the better the sophistication, the more rolls with gain bonuses/become automatic successes.

2.Size dependent but if you want one say...6x6 and capable of a 4000lbs, thats 150. If you want like a large scale freight elevator platform, 10x10 and 10,000lbs thats more in the 400 range.  Alternatively, if you just want a man mover platform, basically a more advanced and stable version of the system used to enter the ruins, thats in the 30 range.

3.The loading dock we're talking about here is basically a large scale airlock designed to accept various umbilicals, cargo containers, walkways, etc. It has a hydraulic locking system to hold the thing you're docking with and a big ass reinforced door.  Its 200.

4. The containment vault is basically a big ass metal room with individual containers and drawers for holding things.  The cheapest version, the one that just relies on thick metal, is 200.  The more expensive versions that have built in shielding for radiation, acid, contagions, etc are more expensive but much more stable and reliable at holding in just about anything.

If we're talking what amount to walkie talkies here, assuming you don't need them to go very far, you can get a set of 4 for 10. 

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Auft exclaims in a slightly-too-saccharine tone, "How do you feel about surgical enhancements?"

After giving them a moment to react, she continues.

"How do you feel about danger? The unknown? Questionable actions taken for the benefit of your kind overlord?"

Prod slaves again.

The Surgical enhancements part gets their attention. The two young lovers seem to cower even further from you, the women still look at you with disdain but...well you can tell its a protective mask for their own nervousness.  Of the men, only the one with the tooth brand seems to actually be somewhat interested. He smiles at you, revealing a mouth filled with metal teeth like a damn bear trap. 

"Sssonds fun." he says, the metal teeth distorting his voice as it hisses out between them.

Continued in part 2, you talkative sods.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #877 on: September 06, 2018, 12:23:15 pm »

While standing around Clate, and two other folks she assumed were her colleagues, Cara could only stare at the one who assumed to speak for her, facing them fully and only speaking after the others have.

The Abomination peers over the shoulder of the Shluck, reading teh note that the Dead One has presented.

"Noble Shluck. I must object to inviting this one along. She is a Heretic. A Blasphemer. She seeks the Surface, like a madman. A fool, and a dangerous one at that. One who seeks the Surface invites greater calamities upon us than any we have encountered yet."

"Do you know something not in my writing? I seek learning, not the surface. Others have written the paper for me."

um...stick with the nice merchant person and their one strange paranoid colleague

Spoiler: Sheet (Honored Dead) (click to show/hide)
Sticking.

Sorry, but I completely lost interest on Lokam. He's going to the local church and retire with plans of making a pilgrimage, leaving his Black Book and Black Flame to Adam before leaving the bore for good.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)

This is the new character sheet. It's a work in progress.

Spoiler: New Mole-Man Character (click to show/hide)

Before continuing it, I have a few questions.
Spoiler: A few questions (click to show/hide)
Alrighty. We'll assume he wanders off and leaves his goods as you stated.

Questions:
Its awareness, but there's no skill for dodge. You may want to stick it instead into some armor or a shield or something.
Sure.
It wouldn't be a bonus or minus in terms of strength, however I would count the mechanical arms as a form of shield, so you could do somethign like "Defense skill: Mechanical arm block"
We can assume that there are arms dedicated to each race and you have a pair that act like mechanical duplicates of the mole arms, hence come with metal claws. Though their stats will be identical to your normal claws.
They are considered unarmed, I believe...Yes they count as unarmed and you automatically have +1 level of skill with them.
Strength for the normal act and you may not get a skill roll. But caving would probably be the skill most of the time, depending on the action.
They weren't based on any specific species (you can add aspects of any species you want to the physical look of them). However, when I imagine what thye look like, I think about Bakuryu the Mole from bloody roar.

Action Post

After all the conversations and stuff, AsHul will accept 3 Worm's Bloods, 100 ft of rope, and 150 Fathoms from the team stock. He'll then purchase 2 Silent Night (for 10 Fathoms) and one radio that is capable of receiving the Righteous Fury program (and if possible, can send as well, like, a ham radio or something). He will then pay the 10 Fathoms to the Mechanical brain guy, assuming he can get a receipt for his Brass Brain.

"Noble Shluck, 'Religious views aside' as you say. First, this Dead One seeks something which will put it on the wrong side of the single most powerful organization in the Local Area, and will set her on a path toward dangers great enough to cause even that organization pause. It troubles me that you are so dismissive of even the possibility of the danger outweighing the gain. I beg of you to take this matter seriously, sir.

Ah, I apologize for startling you with my presence. I am returning to the Bore with news, and to collect some supplies and coin. I have a little shopping to do yet, but I believe we have some opportunities ahead of us."

"Right, yes. It might put it on the wrong side of the church. It, not us. If the liability is too great, they get kicked from the group. As for being dismissive of the possibility of danger, I feel it's only fair. I'm sure there have been many nutters like good Clara here who wanted to research the surface, and I haven't heard of any of them bringing doom and ruin to the underground yet. Now, divers on the other hand like to invite eldtritch horrors onto our doorsteps seemingly every other day. If you want to me to consider kicking the good noble deceased out of our rag-tag little group for being potentially dangerous, I'm going to have to seriously consider lobbying for kicking out all divers as well."
"You say that as if the Dead One were already a member of the group, with an equal share to all those who have struggled these last twenty four hours. And you have seen with your own eye Divers with much better mastery of the art than those among our crew. Your argument is quite flawed.

Heed my warning or do not. I will tread the path GOD has placed beneath my feet."

This all looks fine. You get your recipet. As per a ham radio, you're looking at a 30 fathom cost for one. But it will be a good one, able to get signals from good distance and connect to signal lines via the bore. Should get the radio program in any city and any major pathway.

Stick with Clate and check out the cost of buying the assembled chemical and gun workshops as well as the cost of buying the required parts for both.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Pretty sure I gave out the costs to these already...maybe on discord.

1. Talk some more to occult shop lady. "Terribly rude of me for not doing so earlier, might I ask if you'd be so kind to tell me your name? I think some of my friends would also be very interested in coming to this shop."
2.These GTA guys are stingy, giving a bad name to Shluck everywhere. Go to other boreyard vendors and tell them the GTA guys are willing to give us a 15% discount when spending at least 1000 fathoms, and persuade them to give us a better discount so we'd shop with them instead.
3. Try to find a non-GTA shop that would buy my gold cubes for at least 95 fathoms each. If none are to be found, find out the highest bidder instead.
4. How much would it be to get something that's as effective as a mail shirt but made to attach to my exosuit, so it covers the parts where my real body and head are? Also 20 fathoms like a mail shirt?
5. Out of curiosity, what are the stats for the knives and the rifles we looted and are currently in the loot pile?

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
1. The woman smiles, the expression not friendly or warm in any way, and says, "Polyantha Ret." She seems to watch your face for a moment, looking for any sign of recognition. You show none and she shrugs very slightly with one shoulder.
2.  [8] You find other shops willing to match the 15% discount, but they also impose their own stipulations and minimum prices. Albeit prices lower than what the GTA has as their minimum, but still.
3. You find a jeweler who will buy one for 100, or two for 180.
4. Yep.
5. Cut/pierce 2 for knife, pierce 2 for rifles. 10 shots.

Kara finds a quiet where she could lie down and let Drett work in peace.
"Thanks. It still hurts, but... Let's start with the bandages and see how we go from there."
She helps him remove her shirt and then raises her arm to give him easier access to the bandages.
"And I agree, we need a place where you can work in the right conditions. It's the least we can do."
She turned her head to look away, feeling somewhat embarrassed.
"I, uh, also with everything that's being going on I didn't really get to thank you properly for what you did. You know. Saving my life. So, uh, thanks."
She felt the urge to move but knew she couldn't do so without disturbing Drett's work, so she merely adjusted her position a bit.
"I guess it was not very considerate of me to do something like that to myself and then expect you to save me. I mean, you had no obligation, you could had just left me there to... But you did it anyway. So, um, yeah. Thanks. Again. I really owe you a lot. My life."
Corven couldn't really flush due to all the feathers, but with his hands on her body, with nothing to prevent him from feeling the heat of her flesh and her racing heart, she might as well have.

1. Let Drett check my injury for anything it might need.

2. If necessary and we haven't already done so, give Nyw one of the fathoms to get it exchanged so that everyone can get their share.

Edit:

You walk into the warehouse and wander around in a mild daze until you find a simple cot over in one corner. Judging by the pack of cards and heavily used book next to it, it was a place used by a guard that stayed in the building.
3. Out of curiosity what's that book about?

4. Is there some sort of manager office in the warehouse, somewhere where we could hold meetings with potential clients? Preferably one on a mezzanine overlooking the warehouse?

And if you don't mind me jumping into the pricing questions bandwagon:
5. How much scrap/materials/fathoms to repair the battle damage to the warehouse?

6. Do we need to worry about the security of the warehouse? I mean, would you say it is secure from outside infiltration or attack and if not what would we need to improve it?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

1. done. He says its ok for now but to try not to get it in anything...icky.
2. Its done, its done.
3. Novel about a pilgram's adventures.
4. Yes, but its sadly just a rather small room with open holes in the wall for windows, and its on the ground floor, not up in the rafters.
5. 20 structural should do it.
6. Its as secure as any metal building with a padlock.  Someone with the desire to break in who happened to have a pair of bolt cutters could do so. But it doesn't look like a particularly good target for robbery so sticking a bunch of security on it might just draw more attention. Up to you and what you intend to do with it and store there.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #878 on: September 06, 2018, 12:45:45 pm »

"Done now."

Find a good hiding spot in the warehouse behind some crates or something and go to sleep. With my revolver in arm's reach.

Spoiler: Wiellste. -_- zzz (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Return
« Reply #879 on: September 06, 2018, 12:51:38 pm »

AsHul will visit a Musicarium, and present his sheet music for appraisal. Is the music for a single instrument (if so, which?), a band of some kind, an orchestra? Is it normal music or some kind of magical? Is the quality of the compositions good? are they familiar or foreign?

Also, which strata does my black book have?

AsHul will return and rest to regain his lost Nerve

« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 12:59:25 pm by Ozarck »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 06, 2018, 01:37:26 pm »

Drett pauses at Kara's apology, before tying off the bandage. What kind of Doktor lets someone bleed out without lifting a finger? You owe me nothing more than a life well-lived. And perhaps no more sacrifices? he adds, with a small chuckle, It's going to be difficult, not being able to replace it you know.

There, all patched up. It's healing up well, just be careful overexerting yourself; I'm sure you're still feeling the blood loss. A good night's rest and a hearty meal or two will help with that.

He pulls off his mask  to rub the fur between his eyes, his antennae relaxing forward, before pausing. Understanding what has happened, he chooses to leave the mask off while moving to pack up his doctor's bag. Ah, excuse me. It's been a long day indeed. Please forgive my unmasking, I personally find it stifling but the privacy is nice in public. I fully intend to rest myself after I pick up some extra supplies.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 01:51:07 pm by Gentlefish »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 06, 2018, 01:37:45 pm »

Sorry, but I completely lost interest on Lokam. He's going to the local church and retire with plans of making a pilgrimage, leaving his Black Book and Black Flame to Adam before leaving the bore for good.
"Are you sure you wish to leave us, brother Lokam? Well, if you are, then I wish you good luck on your future journeys. Before you leave though, will you no longer require your book and black flame? I'll take great care of them if you insist on leaving them here, but I wouldn't want you to regret that decision. Secondly, you should take your share of the money from the mission to help you get settled in your new life."
"It's okay, please keep the book. I feel you might need His teachings more than I, and I won't need money in my pilgrimage. I don't deserve money for what I did."
"Well then, I thank you again for these. I will treasure them."

If we're talking what amount to walkie talkies here, assuming you don't need them to go very far, you can get a set of 4 for 10. 

1) Could we get a comms suite for the bore that could act as an amplifier of sorts to ensure that we could always stay in contact through our radios? Within reasonable limits, so not when inside another plane of existence or something, but good enough to punch through some interference.
2) Alternatively, are there more powerful handheld radios available? If yes, how much would that cost us?
3) Look around to see if there are any missions/job opportunities available that relate to transporting goods or escorting people somewhere.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 02:07:54 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 06, 2018, 02:17:08 pm »

Clate searches for Kara, walking up to her.

"Friend Klara, I come bearing my report." He flips through his clipboard. "I have attempted to persuade the boreyard merchants to give us a discount for our upgrades. Unfortunately, I was not able to snag any discount higher than 15%. However, where we initially had to spend at least 1000 fathoms, that minimum has drastically lowered. So we effectively have a 15% discount no matter how many upgrades we get. Aditionally, I have found a Noble Deceased warrior who wishes to joing us. Skilled in polearms and armour, geology and wilderness survival, decent at languages and very hale. The Abomination Abdul seemed to have some reservations about this because the noble deceased has an interest in the surface. Take that as you will."

"On a more personal note, I also come to request if I may take my share from the loot pile, plus one corpse to start with. I have found an interesting opportunity I wish to test out. If I could also get whatever fathoms I have earned, that would be wonderful."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #883 on: September 06, 2018, 03:34:28 pm »

Vikkan brightened up when Harmony presented him the mechanical arm. While he knew he'd feel uncomfortable, as if he owed her something, he also didn't feel like being ungrateful and mean when someone was offering him a gift in good faith.

"Thanks, I'll remember it even if I don't remember what I did to deserve it. Wasn't it too expensive? I was hoping they'd sell only hands instead of the whole arm... At least we have the rest in case I decide to get myself into another accident."

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 06, 2018, 05:53:07 pm »

"I might be willing to speak more often...But handling a public place such as a tavern is a bit too much. My apologies, I might stay around here for now, perhaps find out if they have some ammo laying around for my gun or look for Wiellste."
The moth gave a brief nod before stepping back and glancing around looking for the Ethral who mentioned the possibility of making custom ammo.
Look for ammo that could be scattered around the area where the corpses previously were at.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 231