Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385757 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #885 on: September 06, 2018, 06:44:53 pm »

Almost as a second thought, Vikkan decided to address Kara. "While he seems a bit more adventurous and militarily-inclined than other Ethral, I'd say Garos is more modest than he looks and he might need the fathoms he refused, even if it is to purchase better gear."

"He did waste most of his time supporting me and my sorry bleeding figure while we were down into the ruins and back when we got into the bore, and he lost his chance to raid for valuables because of that."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #886 on: September 06, 2018, 07:04:38 pm »

Drett pauses at Kara's apology, before tying off the bandage. What kind of Doktor lets someone bleed out without lifting a finger? You owe me nothing more than a life well-lived. And perhaps no more sacrifices? he adds, with a small chuckle, It's going to be difficult, not being able to replace it you know.
"Hah. I'll try. But no promises." she tried to joke but it came out more serious than she intended.

There, all patched up. It's healing up well, just be careful overexerting yourself; I'm sure you're still feeling the blood loss. A good night's rest and a hearty meal or two will help with that.
"Thanks. Again. I'll try."

He pulls off his mask  to rub the fur between his eyes, his antennae relaxing forward, before pausing. Understanding what has happened, he chooses to leave the mask off while moving to pack up his doctor's bag. Ah, excuse me. It's been a long day indeed. Please forgive my unmasking, I personally find it stifling but the privacy is nice in public. I fully intend to rest myself after I pick up some extra supplies.
"Don't worry. I don't mind seeing your face. It's pretty."
She looked away in embarrassment but pushed herself to keep going. If this was going to happen she needed to be courageous about it.
"Uh, I mean, the mask is nice too, it makes you look all serious and important. But your face is cute. And fuzzy. L-like a little chick's. I like it. I'd really like to draw it sometime."
She was silent for a couple of seconds, trying to think of what to say.
Come on Kara, you're supposed to be good at talking and convincing people, not a shy idiot. Get on with it!
However, no matter how hard she looked, no magic words came to her mind. So she decided to be direct instead.
"B-before you leave can I ask you to do something for me? Uh, only if you want to, that is. So, uh, can you sleep with me?"
The moment she said it her anxiety exploded. She started speaking quickly, trying to explain herself.
"It would really help me relax and sleep well if I'm not alone. I mean, I've never slept alone for a long time. And now I went and made this sacrifice and I'm afraid and- And, uh, I would totally understand if you didn't want to. It's just my fear and I know it's irrational, I can deal with it. You've done enough already. It's really a Corven thing, makes us feel safer to have at least someone nearby. I'll also ask Vikkan. So you don't have to say yes just for my sake, really."
She forced herself to shut up and wait for his response.
"So, um, yes."

((Roosting birds usually seek out a high place with lots of other birds to sleep on. So I thought it would be a good excuse to keep Drett closer to Kara as she sleeps until the common sleeping room is set up, just in case her sacrificed limb tries anything weird.))

((Assume these happen sooner or later than the above.))

Clate searches for Kara, walking up to her.

"Friend Klara, I come bearing my report." He flips through his clipboard. "I have attempted to persuade the boreyard merchants to give us a discount for our upgrades. Unfortunately, I was not able to snag any discount higher than 15%. However, where we initially had to spend at least 1000 fathoms, that minimum has drastically lowered. So we effectively have a 15% discount no matter how many upgrades we get. Aditionally, I have found a Noble Deceased warrior who wishes to joing us. Skilled in polearms and armour, geology and wilderness survival, decent at languages and very hale. The Abomination Abdul seemed to have some reservations about this because the noble deceased has an interest in the surface. Take that as you will."

"On a more personal note, I also come to request if I may take my share from the loot pile, plus one corpse to start with. I have found an interesting opportunity I wish to test out. If I could also get whatever fathoms I have earned, that would be wonderful."

Kara was too tired to be annoyed by Clate's mispronunciation of her name.
"Thanks Clate. Good job. Here. 130 for you. And a corpse, for whatever you need it. Just try not to attract too much of the wrong attention when you're carrying it around.. And good job on finding that girl. She will be useful. Sorry for not being more helpful but I'm really tired. I need to sleep."

"I might be willing to speak more often...But handling a public place such as a tavern is a bit too much. My apologies, I might stay around here for now, perhaps find out if they have some ammo laying around for my gun or look for Wiellste."
The moth gave a brief nod before stepping back and glancing around looking for the Ethral who mentioned the possibility of making custom ammo.
Look for ammo that could be scattered around the area where the corpses previously were at.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Certainly. I understand. Thank you "

Almost as a second thought, Vikkan decided to address Kara. "While he seems a bit more adventurous and militarily-inclined than other Ethral, I'd say Garos is more modest than he looks and he might need the fathoms he refused, even if it is to purchase better gear."

"He did waste most of his time supporting me and my sorry bleeding figure while we were down into the ruins and back when we got into the bore, and he lost his chance to raid for valuables because of that."

"You should take some fathoms then, Garos. Use them to buy more gear or supplies for our Tinkers to create equipment and ammo for you. You deserves it."

Hotfire90

« Reply #887 on: September 06, 2018, 07:06:15 pm »

"What's the budget for the bore upgrades anyway? I was able to obtain 400 fathoms, if necessary I would be willing to spend them on bore upgrades."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 06, 2018, 07:39:58 pm »

Kara was too tired to be annoyed by Clate's mispronunciation of her name.
"Thanks Clate. Good job. Here. 130 for you. And a corpse, for whatever you need it. Just try not to attract too much of the wrong attention when you're carrying it around.. And good job on finding that girl. She will be useful. Sorry for not being more helpful but I'm really tired. I need to sleep."
"You are too kind, Friend Klara. And don't you worry, the corpse will either be out of my possession really soon, or no longer in a recognizable state. I'm not entirely decided which way I want to go yet. I could always grab two corpses and do both. There's an idea. Hmm."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 06, 2018, 08:17:28 pm »

((Probably before. There was plenty of bandaging time to talk. But I'm not picky.))

"Don't worry. I don't mind seeing your face. It's pretty."
She looked away in embarrassment but pushed herself to keep going. If this was going to happen she needed to be courageous about it.
"Uh, I mean, the mask is nice too, it makes you look all serious and important. But your face is cute. And fuzzy. L-like a little chick's. I like it. I'd really like to draw it sometime."
Drett pauses again, gauze put halfway back into the bag.
That is the first time anyone has complimented me like that, never mind this is the first time someone outside Eastern Archive has seen me.
Thank you.

Quote from: Kara
She was silent for a couple of seconds, trying to think of what to say.
Come on Kara, you're supposed to be good at talking and convincing people, not a shy idiot. Get on with it!
However, no matter how hard she looked, no magic words came to her mind. So she decided to be direct instead.
"B-before you leave can I ask you to do something for me? Uh, only if you want to, that is. So, uh, can you sleep with me?"
At this, his antennae straighter and he stiffened. She wh-
Quote from: Kara
The moment she said it her anxiety exploded. She started speaking quickly, trying to explain herself.
"It would really help me relax and sleep well if I'm not alone. I mean, I've never slept alone for a long time. And now I went and made this sacrifice and I'm afraid and- And, uh, I would totally understand if you didn't want to. It's just my fear and I know it's irrational, I can deal with it. You've done enough already. It's really a Corven thing, makes us feel safer to have at least someone nearby. I'll also ask Vikkan. So you don't have to say yes just for my sake, really."
She forced herself to shut up and wait for his response.
"So, um, yes."
-ah.
A relaxing laugh lifted from Drett's mandibles as he turned to Kara, antennae relaxed once again as the four parts of his mouth moved rhythmically to produce the sound.
I see we have something in common then, and one of us is the braver, he says, and not only because they were willing to sacrifice their life for others.
Perhaps, if we can find a quiet corner. I am flattered you would trust me so quickly.
I believe I would also be honored to sit for a portrait some day. Ah, so long it were not framed and displayed in a common room,
he adds almost playfully, his mandibles parting in a way to suggest an alien grin through rigid chitin.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 06, 2018, 11:43:19 pm »

After awkwardly receiving thanks, I’ll try once again to determine the exact function of the octohedrons (If someone with good knowledge and relevant skills, like occult, could help, it would be appreciated.) After that I’ll go back to town and try to find a bounty board. Check for local tasks that could likely be done in a day or two. 
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #891 on: September 07, 2018, 01:41:56 am »

"You saved my life. You're a good person. Even now you help me. What more does one need to trust someone?" she responded, still too embarrassed to look at him.
"Hah. Look at me, being so shy. Maybe I'm the one who needs a mask, not you." she joked.
Feeling slightly better, she finally turned to face him.
"I know I've said it like a million times by now, but thank you. You'll probably find me in my cot when you get back, so, um... Come back soon?"

« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 01:47:12 am by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 07, 2018, 02:08:29 am »

((The terrible spelling is because I type most posts on a phone with spiderweb cracks over most of its screen.))

Nyw doesn't really have anything he feels is important to do, so he's gonna just stand around and keep watch over Wiellste (or at least her hiding place).

Also, I suppose, watch for any more danger caused by foolish people.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 07, 2018, 03:44:48 am »

"You saved my life. You're a good person. Even now you help me. What more does one need to trust someone?" she responded, still too embarrassed to look at him.
"Hah. Look at me, being so shy. Maybe I'm the one who needs a mask, not you." she joked.
Feeling slightly better, she finally turned to face him.
"I know I've said it like a million times by now, but thank you. You'll probably find me in my cot when you get back, so, um... Come back soon?"
Wiggling his antennae, Drett returns his attention to his bag.
They do afford some anonymity. That is, unless, you wear them everywhere as we tend to do.
Snapping his doctor's bag shut with one hand, Drett raises his mask back to his face with another, and readjusts his cloak with the remaining pair.
Yes, I don't think I will be long. Just some protection, he pauses to stifle what passes for an Ethral yawn, since now that I think about it, I will probably want the medical suite installed first. I can feel the cot calling already.
Ah, I think I hear some guests. They may buy me some time.

((And caught up, whew))

Ah, Vikkan! Let me see that wrist of yours. Now that there is some time, I can at least bandage it up properly before I head into town quick-like.

Redress Vikkan's wrist-stump.

After doing so, head into town and buy some light armor. Whatever passes for fluff-safe chain.

Then, if turn-time permits, go find that cot and get some rest before I have to go fix people on the next mission.

Character Sheet.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 04:56:49 pm by Gentlefish »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #894 on: September 07, 2018, 04:43:41 am »

"Hey guys. I'm going to go get some sleep. Vikkan, can you come by my cot when you have some time? I'd like to speak with you some more, if I'm still awake."

Mostly for flavour, what's the lighting situation in the warehouse and in the town in general? Are we walking around with candles? Are there lamps? Is the glow from the magma enough to act as a sort of sun?

Go lie down on my cot and try to sleep.

As I lie there, think about my missing arm. I'm still not used to the loss so I've probably been trying to move it throughout the day, trying to do the things I'd normally do with it only to find it's not there. Has that made me feel strange in the supernatural sense? Or just the normal pain and strangeness of a missing limb?

Close my eyes. Relax. Take deep breaths. Block out sounds and sights. Focus all my mind on my sense of touch. Can I feel anything from my missing arm other than pain and nothingness?

Then focus on my missing fingers. Imagine they're there at the end of my arm, that I'm whole again. Then try to move them, imagining that I can see them move. Does that make me feel strange or help reduce the pain?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 07, 2018, 09:45:05 am »

Exist. Spawn close to someone who is part of the bore group and request to join their crew.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 11:05:50 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 07, 2018, 09:58:52 am »

Sleep, but talk to the mole guy first
”hi! Want enchantments?”
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 12:21:33 pm by Leodanny »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 07, 2018, 11:16:24 am »

1. Transactions whose prices were already discussed before: Sell one gold cube for 100 fathoms, Buy the mail shirt upgrade for my exoskeleton for 20, buy 1 electronic part for 6. This should leave me with 224 fathoms.

2. Go claim a corpse from the warehouse. I'll be using my knife, bladed shovel and/or elbow grease to remove some bones and the skull. Attempt to craft a coffee mug from the skull with the engraving "Can we fix it?" on the side, and "No, it's fucked." on the bottom.

3. Using my structural junk parts and electronic junk part, craft an electric guitar. Use the bones from action 2 for the fretboard inlays and to decorate the body with some artistic inlays.

4. Go to Polyantha's shop. Present the spider crystal baby and strandbeest crystal baby to her and say the following. Try to read her reactions to both of them, if possible. To see if one interests her more than the other.
"Hello again, I have returned to make my first purchase in your shop. I recently came into possession of these crystal constructs from a trip we made to a ruin of the crystal people. Rather pretty, but their receptionist had dreadful manners. Anyways, I haven't yet decided which of these two little guys to trade in. I've grown rather fond of them, you see."

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #898 on: September 07, 2018, 04:19:30 pm »

"Thanks, Drett." After thanking the doctor, he turned to Kara. The bore conductor hadn't caught much of their awkward conversation, only its tail end. "I have some free time before I get proper sleep myself. What is it that you want to discuss, or do you want me to visit later?"

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #899 on: September 07, 2018, 06:05:57 pm »

"Um, nothing important. Just wanted to spend some more time together, that's all. Have you found a place to sleep yet? Because if you haven't, you could always come join me in my corner of the warehouse and sleep over there, if you wanted. We could have some relaxing conversation or trade stories or, uh, I don't know, do you know any card games?"
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 231