Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385197 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #945 on: September 10, 2018, 07:59:58 am »

"Kara accepted me in the group and mentioned that some were preparing to go on a relic vision, so I was curious. I'm known as Kalagony. What's your name, abomination?"

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 10, 2018, 08:37:10 am »

"That is correct. You may continue to call me abomination. Perhaps the other opportunity we have would be of more interest for you. It is a simple fetch quest, though my information says that there are local hazards, in the form of something like living creatures. Perhaps yuo'd like to demonstrate your usefulness in this world, before plunging into other worlds?"
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 06:47:32 am by Ozarck »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 10, 2018, 10:20:41 am »

Kalagony sighs.

"And I was trying to be polite... I'm aware that abominations are deeply connected with the Cthonics, so if you don't want me to participate in your vision, I would understand. Mind directing me to other members of the team? I wish to introduce myself to them before going on any mission."

Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 10, 2018, 01:30:23 pm »

"...You know, you shouldn't apologize for insulting someone and then do it again. I don't know what were you both talking about, but I would probably still be proud of all those things you just said because it takes courage to do them."

"After all... Who's more brave? The warrior that fights without fear, knowing no one can defeat him? Or the prisoner that fights against the odds, fully aware of the risks and still taking them?"

Nyw shrugs in response, but still talks back as the mole turns around and leaves "You misunderstand.  I mean to warn; I doubt the response will be her desired admiration."

Go back inside the bore, to whichever room seems like it is most likely to be public.  Take a knife and scratch the following message into the wall:

Quote from: In memory of:
METALLIC SHANG-GEI DIVER
An inquisitive yet silent soul who died before any could learn her name.
Was distorted into a tortured form by the Spheres.  Ended by command of The Lords' Child.

Then... train, I guess.  Find a clear area and start swinging the murakumo around.  If Nyw can roll a 1d20 while practicing, he's got a 5% chance to improve slightly, right?  If that's not how it works, just guard the bore.  Keep an eye on any divers, in particular.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 10, 2018, 06:48:33 pm »

Drett wakes last, stretching as he listens to the commotion outside. Sounds like... Hm. He gets up, setting his mask upon his face and stepping out the door just in time to see Kara taking off for town, and the honored Dead taking off for the bore. I'm not sure I like this turn of events.

Hustling as fast as his four-foot-six frame can take him, wings vibrating unconsciously under his cloak in an effort to speed him up, he chases down Kara. I apologize for arriving so late, it took a while to find something to fit... He pauses for a second, keeping pace as best as possible, dare I ask what I just missed?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #950 on: September 11, 2018, 02:43:05 am »

"Oh, hi Drett." Kara said with not as much enthusiasm as she'd like.
She stopped and waited for Drett to catch up. Once he was next to her, she started walking again, making sure she wasn't going too quickly.
"Don't worry, it's nothing. I just..."
She turned her head away.
"I got angry at Nyw. I felt he insulted me. I said we should tell people or story so they will spread it, giving usa little bit of Fame. He said what we did was nothing of note, nothing to be proud of. That there must have been something wrong with my life for me to consider what I have now an improvement. I knew if I stayed there I'd get too angry and I might do something stupid, so... I left."
Kara stops and looks down. She sighs.
"I guess I was shocked more than anything. I don't understand how he could say something so cruel. I thought honored dead were supposed to be better than that."

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 11, 2018, 09:33:02 am »

Chill out in the bore. Make friendly conversation with anyone nearby. Socialize. Also flirt towards the goal of snuggling.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #952 on: September 11, 2018, 11:54:58 am »

Go into town and see if I can find someone selling a smelter. Preferably one with removable crucibles.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
So a high temp furnace with a ceramic crucible. How big we talking?

My Black Book is a copy. No one has given me a Black Book. I know Lokam's Black Book is a real one and has all the stanzas, but Adam has it.

ASHul takes a survey of who will be going on teh Relic Vision. Below is his list of people to check.

Investing one Skill point into Weapon: Guitar

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ah, then 1,2 and 4. And they're a bit mangled in the translation.

I assume this is an in character action for things done OOC? Since I'm not sure what to tell ya there.

for the jeweler, how much materials would need to be transported? A docking bay won't be necessary I assume? How much would he be paying?

For the pilgrims, I assume us getting a regular crew quarters is sufficient?

Do we need to worry about things like food and water or bore fuel and the like?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
The actual amount of cargo is quite small, 3 crates, but each is worth thousands of fathoms. His payment is 200 fathoms each, up to 10 people.

Yep.

Only fuel. I was gonna explain this once things got going but I'll do it now. The bore has 100 fuel right now, thats also its current max. Traveling through open areas, ie areas you don't need to drill through, costs 1 fuel per space on the map. Traveling through closed areas, ie areas you need to drill, costs 2 fuel per square. Fuel costs 1 fathom per unit and you can get it from any town and sometimes along the Paths at what amount to gas stations.

Did Vikkan have an intact black flame chain around his neck? Could he had easily removed the black flame from the chain before using it? Do they have clips or something like that?

Is the composition and construction method of the anodized black steel the church uses for black flames known? Could we make more of it?

What is the price for equipment storage/lockers for the bore? Some weapon racks are 5 fathoms based on previous questions so maybe around 25-30?

What's the price for a Diving sanctuary? Does it have a lot of equipment? Because if not, I'd imagine it's cheap.

Can you give a price for increasing the bore brain stat so it can shoot better? Or is that too much effort, better to buy a new bore?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
He does now, because the church man gave it to him. Never had one before as far as you know. The Flame is connected to the chain via a single thin ring of metal. Its more flimsy than the chain so you can fairly easily yank the flame free while leaving the chain on your neck. Alternatively, if you don't need it immediately, you can undo the chain and side it out before using the flame.

No. Also the Flames are made of Obsidian, not black steel. You could theoretically make more but you don't know how.

I'm pretty sure I already gave a price to Radio.for that. Ask him. I think we have a price sheet running around somewhere.

the sanctuary is...well depends on fanciness. Its basically just an enclosed room with a burner and specially designed ventilation that keeps the artifact smoke saturated while not letting the people inside suffocate.  Its about 100 fathoms standard, and goes up depending on how intricate and overblown you want it.

Increasing bore stats varies in price. Brain is one of the more expensive ones due to the expertise and precision workings required. Our bore's system is quite low, though, so we can upgrade to 10 for around 150-200 per level. After that it gets more expensive. A brand new bore is certainly going to be more expensive.

Buy 8 structural junk and a grappling hook. Check if any shops are selling gas mask and flak vests and compare their price with the cost of buying the materials and crafting one.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Ok.

Gas masks are available for 30 or so each. Flak vests, as you're probably thinking of them, don't really exist. We don't have Kevlar down here. instead you'd probably get something like a Brigandine, a leather or cloth vest with metal or ceramic plates in it. Alternatively straight up plate or, to a lesser extent, mail would work against lower caliber rounds. You could probably make a Brigandine for less than buying it, but you'd need specific metal plates if you want it to be of good quality. Otherwise, if you just use junk, it will be only mildly effective. A Brigandine is gonna be 10-15 more than a mail shirt.

1. Shopping for parts for two acoustic guitars: 6 structural junk (12 fathoms), turquoise (10 fathoms), Bag of shells (3 fathoms) = 25 fathoms total.

2. Process the bag of shells to make abalone mother of pearl

3. Craft the first guitar. Acoustic, with turquise for the wave inlays and around the edges, and the mother of pearl to make the white bits of the wave.

4. Craft acoustic guitar number 2: A regular acoustic guitar with bones parts from my guard corpse where applicable, and also some bone inlays. Get creative with it, I guess, I should have enough bone and corpse bits for an artistic touch.

5. Trade in strandbeest crystal baby and 100 fathoms to Polyantha. Examine what I get in return.
"I've decided it will be this little guy. Goodbye pal, you be good now."

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Ok

[7] You process the shells and get more than enough glittering shards for your plans.

[18] You fail, though not by much. You lose no ingredients and you think you have a better idea how to handle it now [advantage next try].

[11] You craft the guitar using mostly metal and some bone from the bodies. It comes out nicely, a good contrast between the shining metal and the polished bone but it is totally normal and mundane. But it plays just fine so there's that.

You give the strand and the 100 fathoms to her. She takes them and places them beside her chair with slow and careful movements.  Then she stands, moving almost impossibly, like something is pulling her out of her chair. She pads across the ground in a way that reminds you oddly of a spider and selects a box from the myriad around her. The box she gives you is small, maybe about the size of a shoe box, made of black material that you can't place...maybe chitin?  On the top of it is a brass plate with the engraved words "The Kidnapper Bell".

She returns to her chair and picks up the strandbeest, running her finger tips across it thoughtfully, like one might stroke a pet.

"Taken from far away and used against its will. A fitting prize." she purrs in a way that makes your teeth itch.

"We've recently come into possession of a Bore," Auft explains to her new acquisition on the way back, "so you'll likely be serving aboard that. But first, we have a few... perishable materials lying about."

Bring slave back to warehouse.

Unless I'm interrupted by the music of the damned, try to make a spine beetle: Human vertebra for a body, fingerbones for legs, teeth for mandibles, etc. Ideally it'd be a living animal, but an unholy construct is fine. Sacrifice a human heart to give it life/animation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You return to the warehouse, your slave still in his chains, though you have the key to the restraints in your pocket.

[8] You assemble your insect thing out of bones and bits (I'm not sure how large you want it? A single vertebra?). You think its in good shape to be animated but you needs something more than the heart of some corpse. Something more fitting...Like the life of another insect. A big one.

Nyw nods calmly, before sitting down in front of Kara.  "I apologize for insulting you, Little Bird.  It was not my intention; I... did not quite understand your feelings.  Still.   I must ask you to truly consider what you plan to say publically, to an audience of strangers.  What do you intend to boast of?  Sacrificing your arm, to save the lives of two who risked themselves for freedom, and failed?  Being forced at gunpoint to looting the artifacts of a dead civilization?  Finding companionship and camaraderie among a collection of kidnapped prisoners?"  Nyw shakes his head and lets out a heavy sigh.  "What exactly are you proud of, Kara?  Where were you a week ago, that being kidnapped, threatened, and forced to watch the innocent die, has improved your lot in life?"

"...You know, you shouldn't apologize for insulting someone and then do it again. I don't know what were you both talking about, but I would probably still be proud of all those things you just said because it takes courage to do them."

"After all... Who's more brave? The warrior that fights without fear, knowing no one can defeat him? Or the prisoner that fights against the odds, fully aware of the risks and still taking them?"

Kalagony also heads for the exit. Apparently the rest of the group were preparing to go on a relic vision. Kalagony decides to go find the group preparing to go on the relic vision, introduce himself and ask if he can participate.

Ok.

Nyw shrugs in response, but still talks back as the mole turns around and leaves "You misunderstand.  I mean to warn; I doubt the response will be her desired admiration."

Go back inside the bore, to whichever room seems like it is most likely to be public.  Take a knife and scratch the following message into the wall:

Quote from: In memory of:
METALLIC SHANG-GEI DIVER
An inquisitive yet silent soul who died before any could learn her name.
Was distorted into a tortured form by the Spheres.  Ended by command of The Lords' Child.

Then... train, I guess.  Find a clear area and start swinging the murakumo around.  If Nyw can roll a 1d20 while practicing, he's got a 5% chance to improve slightly, right?  If that's not how it works, just guard the bore.  Keep an eye on any divers, in particular.

You cut the mark of remembrance into the wall.

As per training I'm all for letting you try to gain skill in the free time instead of standing around HOWEVER, I don't want it to just be you standing there swinging. Find yourself a sparing partner and I'll be more than happy to roll for you both and count any advances you get.

Chill out in the bore. Make friendly conversation with anyone nearby. Socialize. Also flirt towards the goal of snuggling.
You walk up to Nyw and say, and I quote.

"Hey undead baby, you want sum fuk?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #953 on: September 11, 2018, 12:45:25 pm »

Aright. Get up.

Go find some paper and write down everything that happened to me "yesterday". Check over it. Wonder how I got here. Store the notes for later.

Take a look at this revolver that I've looted. Anything notable about its make? How high-quality are its parts? Take the gun apart, clean each component, then reassemble it.

Then figure out where Kara's gone and go there.

Spoiler: Wiellste. o_o (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 11, 2018, 01:18:39 pm »

As for the smelter, I want something small. The crucibles would preferably be able to be carried by one person. Really, I’m looking for more of a “glorified campfire”. It doesn’t need to be able to melt iron; silver, gold, copper, and lead are all I need to smelt with it. Also, if it isn’t assumed to have safety stuff (mask, gloves, apron, tongs) how much would those be?
Got the Info on Discord, so I’ll go ahead and buy the stuff for 45 fathoms. You said it runs on bore fuel, does it have to be installed on the bore? I’d prefer to put in the warehouse, but if it has to be on the bore, I’ll put it as close to a ground level exit as possible.
If I need help transporting it, I’ll ask the bigger people if they could help me out.

Also, I’m adding my share, minus the cleaver, to my sheet, if somebody wants to throw that up on the wiki.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 04:44:25 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #955 on: September 11, 2018, 01:21:44 pm »

-removed-
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 05:49:24 pm by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Return
« Reply #956 on: September 11, 2018, 01:47:42 pm »

If Clate is okay with AsHul using the guitars he has made, practice with both teh mundane and the occult guitar. Do scales, then a simple melody (but not from my music book). Do the mundane guitar fuirst, then the occult one. also, I'll be doing this away from the group, either outside the warehouse but nearby, or in a corner of hte warehouse. Anyone who wants to listen in can.

If instead, Clate is unwilling to lend the guitars for practice until the sale is finalized, I will go into the room with my magnetized Fathom and Dive to Telazch.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 06:45:05 am by Ozarck »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 11, 2018, 01:51:36 pm »

"Oh, hi Drett." Kara said with not as much enthusiasm as she'd like.
She stopped and waited for Drett to catch up. Once he was next to her, she started walking again, making sure she wasn't going too quickly.
"Don't worry, it's nothing. I just..."
She turned her head away.
"I got angry at Nyw. I felt he insulted me. I said we should tell people or story so they will spread it, giving usa little bit of Fame. He said what we did was nothing of note, nothing to be proud of. That there must have been something wrong with my life for me to consider what I have now an improvement. I knew if I stayed there I'd get too angry and I might do something stupid, so... I left."
Kara stops and looks down. She sighs.
"I guess I was shocked more than anything. I don't understand how he could say something so cruel. I thought honored dead were supposed to be better than that."

Drett nods, thankful Kara had slowed down. As she stops, he reaches an arm up to touch her remaining shoulder.
I have not dealt with Honored Dead much myself, I always gave them plenty of space back home. Nor anyone other than Ethral most of my life. This was my first journey out of the Eastern Archives.
The books there painted, ah, obtuse portraits of their character and I happen to agree with what I have seen. Not dull, by any means, but so one-tracked as to make dealing with them a great hassle, if not occasionally impossible. Especially - ah...

He waits a second and his antennae droop slightly. I apologize, I'm sure raw information does nothing for your sense of hurt. If it is any consolation, I was an avid reader of fiction and historical accounts of explorers and am looking forward to your retelling. I would, if you might allow, to record it and send it home, eventually, as proof of progress made and more light to cast upon the world we know.

Accept the relic mission. Sounds like it's the next one in the chute. Assume for brevity's sake I go shopping for medical supplies just beforehand.

How much for:
Hemostatic powder or similar
Refill (?) for doctor's bag
Journal (Gotta keep buggy records for GBP and should have thought of this earlier)
The rest of my fathoms will go back to the team fund after these purchases and I will make the wiki edits. Like a good moth.

Is there an Ethral archive in this city?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 04:01:50 pm by Gentlefish »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 11, 2018, 02:24:15 pm »

Buy tarot cards, practice with them
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 11, 2018, 04:33:41 pm »

While Drett and Kara were talking, Kalagony appeared from the opposite direction. He was about to pass by when he stops and notices the scent of the Corven and the Ethral. He turns around and faces in the direction of the pair.

"Ah... Kara, right? Forgive me, it's just that my vision isn't as good as it used to be. I don't recognize the smell of the Ethral, so we must have not met before. You can call me Kalagony, I agreed to follow the team and help in any way I can."

"...Though, apparently some would prefer to be better left alone. If you two are currently busy, just tell me and I'll stop interrupting."

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 231