Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 381075 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #1065 on: September 18, 2018, 10:00:09 am »

"Vikkan, come check the periscope. I think we hit some water. Maybe we need to start going straight down before continuing sideways."

She let Vikkan see for himself while she went to address the rest of the crew through the intercom.
: Gonna be planning some slight course adjustments. Please bear with us, we're almost there. We'll let you know when we're going to be reorienting so you can brace yourselves. :
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:05:24 am by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Return
« Reply #1066 on: September 18, 2018, 10:38:29 am »

"Snow? Sky? This is a troubling Vision, indeed. Be calm, fellow Visioneers, remember, we are not truly on teh surface, but in a Vision. Things like this are bound to happen. Notice that it hasn't affected us, except for being loud. Don't let it distract you. Schitter, do not stray too far from the group. Though, from the looks of things, that is probably the correct direction for us to be going."

Examine the Cairn. Does it have markings, words, or distinguishing features?
May as well approach the archway and look out alongthe stone path. is it the same as the spiral path up the mountain?

Spoiler: Vision Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 06:40:26 am by Ozarck »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: September 18, 2018, 11:36:51 am »

Possible. You know that the church has methods of communicating with divers mid dive, though you don't know what they are.
Any chance for a knowledge roll to see if Adam knows anything more?

Adam talks to the men manning the system and works out the price of a descent to just past the pilgrim's walk, as well as where they should drill out so as not to cause harm to the lift system. He pays the 4 fathom toll and Vikkan carefully aligns the bore with the attachment system, docking into it before huge mechanical arms swing the bore out over the seemingly infinite pit of the abyssal path and begin carrying it down.
Can we assume Adam also made arrangements for taking the lift back up later on?

For bore fuel, will you tell us how much we spent or would you prefer if we try to count it for you (keeping in mind we might make mistakes)?

Feeling that the bore suddenly lurched to a halt, Adam sauntered up to the control room after soothing the more antsy pilgrims a little.
"Did we hit anything?"

"Vikkan, come check the periscope. I think we hit some water. Maybe we need to start going straight down before continuing sideways."
She let Vikkan see for himself while she went to address the rest of the crew through the intercom.
: Gonna be planning some slight course adjustments. Please bear with us, we're almost there. We'll let you know when we're going to be reorienting so you can brace yourselves. :

"Hmm, wet sand huh? Yeah, that makes sense given that the river runs just above this next part of the route. I concur, we'll want to dig down a little first. If that doesn't work we can still go down into the caverns and hike the last small stretch, or dig down under the caves and keep drilling to avoid the caverns. "

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 06:51:28 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: September 18, 2018, 12:14:02 pm »

Consider what function the eye might have. Does the eye look like somebody who knows how could easily instal it into an eye socket?
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hotfire90

« Reply #1069 on: September 18, 2018, 04:02:24 pm »

"Whoa. Is this the sky? It's beautiful, just like it was described in the stories."

Go down the stone path. Also how far away are the buildings?
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: September 18, 2018, 04:53:57 pm »

wait for something to happen.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: September 18, 2018, 06:54:14 pm »

Join Ashul in inspecting the Cairn, anything peculiar about it? Then join Ashul again in going towards the stone path.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1072 on: September 18, 2018, 11:12:18 pm »

"Yeah, we should try to avoid that."

Try to move one down before resuming drilling towards the objective like before. In case we poke water again, use navigation skill if applicable to tell if there's a comfortable path that allows avoiding that squishy patch of sand.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1073 on: September 19, 2018, 02:39:57 am »

Use the automatic map and the periscopes (when it's safe to use them) to help Vikkan navigate safely. Maybe my knowledge of geology and navigation can also help?

Is it possible to make a bore amphibious? Could you connect the engine to some propellers and maybe add some deployable control fins and ballast tanks?
With the number of waterways in the underground it might be useful.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:42:06 am by Parisbre56 »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: September 19, 2018, 12:06:23 pm »

"It is a bit unfortunate that we will have to change our route like that, do you know the extension of the river?"
Just wait for the bore to start moving again.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: September 19, 2018, 06:18:41 pm »

"Curious. Do we have a stated objective?"

Serenely admire the trees. Can I tell anything interesting about them, the world, or the quest from the trees?

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: September 19, 2018, 07:29:54 pm »

Wait and meditate in my room until the bore continues on it's path. Unless it doesn't. In that case, go find the bore driver and ask what's the problem.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: September 20, 2018, 12:43:57 am »

wait in the bore till more people decide to jump out.

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: September 20, 2018, 02:32:50 am »

Yup, down the path with the others.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: September 20, 2018, 06:43:34 am »

"Curious. Do we have a stated objective?"
"We are to retrieve the Core that powers this artifact, and return it to the Church. I suspect that the Core will be found at the end of our path, and that we will need to return to this garden to remove the Core from this place."
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 231