Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 381066 times)

Hotfire90

Re: DIG: Showing off.
« Reply #1200 on: October 12, 2018, 05:07:38 pm »

"That was fairly easy, good job Nyw."

Follow the path, take the moon blade if no one else takes it.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 01:56:24 pm by Hotfire90 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #1201 on: October 12, 2018, 06:02:49 pm »

Relic Team

"Yes, excellent work everyone. Especially you, Honored One.
Expect four more battles before we can collect the Core of this Relic, everyone."

Gather up my rope. Move up past the ruined part of the path with everyone else. Ifweencounter the next idol guardian this round, get a good look at them.

Spoiler: Vision Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 07:49:59 pm by Ozarck »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1202 on: October 12, 2018, 06:23:03 pm »

((Sorry for the long post, going to have to conclude my business ASAP since RC is in a great hurry for some reason.))

First, find a representative of the Ethral Archives. Ask them if they know of any Giant Ant Nests near the intersection of God's Breath and Providence River. If not, then give them the coordinates with the request that they spread the knowledge to others so that nobody else accidentally stumbles upon it. Try to secure something in return, maybe some questions answered or a bit of favor or fame?

Second, find some church official and ask how we could set up a meeting with Deep Walker Leon. Mention the documents I have, if it would help. If it's a long process, I should probably start taking whatever steps are needed to set up the meeting. However, I don't want to have the meeting right now, since Oz said he really wanted to be there with us.

Finally, check the price for a bipod and scope for the Ethral Rifle.
If I added a scope, I assume it would no longer be able to use the Rifle skill on it and require the Sniper Rifle skill, right?
I'm thinking I could probably mount the scope on a 45° angle and use a rotating bipod (or maybe just a rotating scope mount) to allow me to use either the normal sights or the scope. Since I'm going to need to set up to fire, might as well go all the way.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 10:33:45 am by Parisbre56 »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 13, 2018, 03:07:52 am »

Continue cuddling while we're all nice and snuggled up in the bore.

Spoiler: Aigresaur (click to show/hide)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 13, 2018, 09:51:20 am »

Look around this bookshop some more, any interesting books or scrolls they have? Especially pertaining to diving or magical artifacts (eg those knives that cut holes for transportation).

Then, get everything ready for us to go again, we still have a long trip ahead of us!

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 13, 2018, 01:32:42 pm »

”books!”
Ask the guy for any summoning spells, and also see if theres any occult junk.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #1206 on: October 13, 2018, 10:01:24 pm »

Follow Kara. Try to have a look around the areas she goes to while she's busy talking and having meetings, so I don't have to wait while doing nothing.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 14, 2018, 05:25:25 am »

Vive La Cuddle Puddle.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 14, 2018, 11:27:14 am »

Follow along with Ashul. Keep my eyes peeled for anything interesting.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1209 on: October 14, 2018, 01:53:49 pm »

"I'll explore a little. Does anyone want to come with me?".

Check if there are professional medics offering clockwork limb installations and how much it'd cost. Also see if anyone has any information on strange reactions caused by a black flame touching something.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 14, 2018, 07:24:19 pm »

Follow the group.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1211 on: October 15, 2018, 12:20:34 pm »

((Sorry for the long post, going to have to conclude my business ASAP since RC is in a great hurry for some reason.))

First, find a representative of the Ethral Archives. Ask them if they know of any Giant Ant Nests near the intersection of God's Breath and Providence River. If not, then give them the coordinates with the request that they spread the knowledge to others so that nobody else accidentally stumbles upon it. Try to secure something in return, maybe some questions answered or a bit of favor or fame?

Second, find some church official and ask how we could set up a meeting with Deep Walker Leon. Mention the documents I have, if it would help. If it's a long process, I should probably start taking whatever steps are needed to set up the meeting. However, I don't want to have the meeting right now, since Oz said he really wanted to be there with us.

Finally, check the price for a bipod and scope for the Ethral Rifle.
If I added a scope, I assume it would no longer be able to use the Rifle skill on it and require the Sniper Rifle skill, right?
I'm thinking I could probably mount the scope on a 45° angle and use a rotating bipod (or maybe just a rotating scope mount) to allow me to use either the normal sights or the scope. Since I'm going to need to set up to fire, might as well go all the way.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
1. You find a local office for the Archive and ask about the ants. They tell you that they have tracked a "Vein" of them that runs near the cave. They tell you it probably comes from somewhere deeper and that there are several more tunnels around there, but they haven't found the source. They tell you that information about the source of the ants would be something they'd pay for. But not what you have so far.

2. You take the crawler into  town (-1 fathom) and find some of the church offices. You use the paperwork to talk to someone higher up who tells you that Leon is in the Cathedral of the Pilgrim, and your paper work should let you in to see him whenever you like.

3. 10 fathoms.  Weapon skills are connected to the weapon itself, so modifications won't change that. However, the scope would give advantage while shooting at distant targets.

Look around this bookshop some more, any interesting books or scrolls they have? Especially pertaining to diving or magical artifacts (eg those knives that cut holes for transportation).

Then, get everything ready for us to go again, we still have a long trip ahead of us!

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Information on diving and the artifacts created with it is jealously guarded by the church in most respects. Its their greatest weapon and their claim to power so they don't want to spread its secrets willy nilly. Information on it outside of official church documents that rarely make their way outside the Church's walls is rare. But within the holy city, you might get lucky.

You search through the documents and find a book entitled "Artifacts of Faith" which seems to talk about some of the instruments used by the church. The seller wants 30 fathoms for it. A quick flip through does show various sketches of items and diagrams but the seller harasses you constantly, berating you for reading it instead of buying it. You don't get too good of a look, but it looks promising.

”books!”
Ask the guy for any summoning spells, and also see if theres any occult junk.
There are no books of summoning spells. Which, considering the nature of Diving, its not surprising. A Codex about the animals of other spheres would probably be more useful to a would be summoner than a spellbook.

The book seller isn't selling junk but others are. There are plenty of relic sellers around with ashes and bones and jewelry they claim is from saints, as well as countless items they say have come in contact with holy places or holy people. Chthonic prayer beads, each bead said to have been brought to a different shrine or level of depth, are sold in the hundreds. Any of these things would work as occult junk.

Follow Kara. Try to have a look around the areas she goes to while she's busy talking and having meetings, so I don't have to wait while doing nothing.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
(-1 fathom)
You follow Kara around, mostly just sight seeing as she goes about her business.  The office for the Archive is small but has that Ethral craftsmothship that they're known for. Its located in the market district, a while outside the great stalactite towers of the Church, carved into a natural stalactite. All the buildings here are, each massive stalactite like an inverted sky scraper honeycombed with tunnels and buildings carved into the stone or anchored to it, connected to neighboring growths by a webwork of stone bridges. The office itself is very skinny, caught between two other structures. Its 5 stories tall and quite long but only about 15 feet wide. You never see much of it, the front is just a small room with a dividing wall separating it from the rest of the office. A bank teller sort of set up with an Ethral behind the wall, speaking through a glass window, is how Kara interacts with them.  You can see through the window to a well organized room packed with shelving from floor to ceiling and tables covered in precisely aligned stacks of books and papers.

The church section of the city is of course the most impressive an ornate, though you never see much of it up close. The mist obscures everything except the broad details. You can make out the unimaginable size of the cathedrals and the sheer number of structures but nothing of their design. The office you get taken to is a purely functional thing, aside from some simple adornments, and it sits far out on the edge of the cathedral district.

"I'll explore a little. Does anyone want to come with me?".

Check if there are professional medics offering clockwork limb installations and how much it'd cost. Also see if anyone has any information on strange reactions caused by a black flame touching something.

You can get your hand installed here for 20 fathoms.
You don't find any hard information, but you do find rumors that the black flames protect from otherworldly threats. It might activate in certain circumstances in reaction to things from other spheres.

Vive La Cuddle Puddle.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
Continue cuddling while we're all nice and snuggled up in the bore.

Spoiler: Aigresaur (click to show/hide)

Cuddle intensifies.

Auft trills happily.

"Never mind!"

Continue heading up path. Remind myself what happens to object taken or left in here when we return to the waking world.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Objects left are lost. Some objects can be taken, though not all. It seems to be related to their significance in the dream.

"That was fairly easy, good job Nyw."

Follow the path, take the moon blade if no one else takes it.
You scoop up the moon bladed staff. It feels cold and tingly in your hands.

Follow along with Ashul. Keep my eyes peeled for anything interesting.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Follow the group.

Relic Team

"Yes, excellent work everyone. Especially you, Honored One.
Expect four more battles before we can collect the Core of this Relic, everyone."

Gather up my rope. Move up past the ruined part of the path with everyone else. Ifweencounter the next idol guardian this round, get a good look at them.

Spoiler: Vision Notes (click to show/hide)

Everyone quickly skedaddles, jogging along through the smashed section of the hill and up the shattered steps towards the temple. The stairs lead to a square courtyard enclosed in a tall wall made of cob and painted in a sunny yellow with a sharp roof of sorts made from bright orange-red tiles. There's a final Torii gate serving as the actual gateway into the courtyard and when you pass through it something changes.  The courtyard is maybe 50 feet square; at its center is a massive tree that must stand several stories high with branches that stretch out to cover over the entire courtyard like a roof. Other than that the entire area is a flat expanse of flagstones in expanding concentric circles, like ripples expanding from the tree. The flag stones around the tree are uneven and it is clear that the tree has grown greatly, lifting and pushing away the stones nearest to it. On the left and right side of the courtyard, the wall is not simply a wall, but a pair of parallel living quarters that extend out from the main temple itself. Its two stories tall, with rows of wooden doors set into the cob and red wood pillars holding up the overhanging roof that doubles as the pathway that allows people to reach the second story rooms.   

As soon as you enter the courtyard the world goes wild. Instead of the falling mountain you see a normal sky, no churning or tumbling. Instead, as you watch, the sun drifts across the sky. It moves almost imperceptibly at first, then very slow, then quicker. The first day passes in the span of maybe 15seconds, sun replaced by quickly drifting stars and throwing the courtyard into darkness. During the maybe 10 seconds of that first night, torches alight along the left and right walls and then snuff themselves out again as day breaks. The next day lasts 10 seconds, then 5, than 3. The sun speeds its path until it is nothing but a streak of light, and then it goes even faster. The tree breaks into bloom, radiant pink and red flowers bursting like silent fireworks across its branches. The sky spins ever faster, night and day becoming a strobe of of darkness and light. Flower pedals fall with absurd speed, like a downpour of rain. And then the sky stops; stops instantly with suddenness that seems almost violent.  And the world holds still, pedals holding in air. Then the sun begins to roll backwards, slowly at first but building up speed. Pedals drift upwards and reform into flowers, their speed increasing with that of the sun. Everything rolls back, exactly as it did before but in reverse. And then it stops, and begins to more forward once more, building up speed. The time for any of these cycles forward or back cycles is maybe a minute at most.

During the third forward cycle, amidst a storm of falling pedals, the second guardian drops from somewhere in the tree. It hits the ground like a ricocheting bullet and streaks towards the group. They can see it only for a split second, only get an impression of it. It looks something like a mantis and a man crossed, with four arms and head wearing the mask of an inverted triangle. A flash of insect wings, a glint of yellow carapace, and the gleam of a huge headsman's ax in the shape of a half moon.
[18][14][19]
Ashul is the one who lead everyone in and thus the one furthest into the the courtyard and closest to the guardian. He tries to dodge, but isn't fast enough. Nyw tries to interpose himself between Ashul and the attack, but he doesn't react quickly enough. The halfmoon ax flashes out, drawing sparks where it clips the flagstones and whips up in an arc that catches Ashul  under the floating ribs and cuts straight to the spine before the force of the blow hurls Ashul away like a rag doll. The diver spins through the air, spraying dark red arterial blood in elegant spirals before he lands in a heap 20 feet away, near the far right wall.

The guardian, which at this range bares more a resemblance to a huge locust, springs backwards on its long, thin, spine coated legs. It does a backflip that carries it 30 feet and vanishes into the tree and the flow of pedals.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Showdown.
« Reply #1212 on: October 15, 2018, 12:52:58 pm »

Damn it all - I knew this was the dangerous run.

Hand lighter to Nyw while moving to tend to Ashul. Preferably with the combatants between me and the entire rest of this courtyard. Use the zeolite along with whatever methods my bag gives me to stop the bleeding and stabilize him.

Character Sheet

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 02:53:54 pm by Gentlefish »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 15, 2018, 01:13:55 pm »

Auft makes distressed trilling noises. The first guardian had been scary, but dealt with admirably. The second was shaping up to be as dangerous as it looked.

"Screen for me," she ordered her goon timidly.

Get ready to shoot the thing when it next appears. Order my goon to stand between me and where I assume it'll next appear.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1214 on: October 15, 2018, 01:32:02 pm »

"Someone burn down the tree, force it to come out of hiding."

Protect Drett and his patient from the locust guardian, attack it with my moon blade if it tries to attack me or Drett and AsHul, otherwise shoot it with my rifle.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 231