Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385369 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #1230 on: October 16, 2018, 11:02:38 am »

Relic Team

-gurgle-

Attempt to consume one Silent Night. If AsHul succeeds and can feel the effects calming him, Dive:
Telzach -> Udyne (4 rolls)
reinforce telzach 3x, udyne 3x

final nerve roll, final endurance roll. Don't forget the dive skill bonus.
Undo the damage to his body.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Showdown.
« Reply #1231 on: October 16, 2018, 05:04:50 pm »

Try to haggle down the price of that book. Buy the book, but not if the haggling somehow drives the price up.

How much for a padded and sturdy box to store the beaker artifact in?

Snippity.
"Quite a haul, all that from one short trip, nice work indeed.

Yeah, speaking to Leon should prove most interesting. And if he usually pays as royally as the church did for that first artifact, potentially lucrative as well!

Hunting down the lair of the giant ants is something we could do I suppose. But honestly, as long as those creatures don't harass any of the pilgrims or pose a threat to anyone, perhaps they should just be left to their own devices.

A weapon, you say? Most distressing indeed, and here I was just walking around with it. You are correct, I'll have to find some way to store it more securely to prevent any accidents. Depending on its exact properties it could also be a useful tool though, hmm...

Did you catch the name of the person who gave you this information? I'll have to question him further to see what else he might be able to tell us about this 'eater' or the gemstone people in general."

Then, he grabbed his radio so that the next thing he said was also broadcast to the rest of the team.

"I hope we are ready to move on now? Our client is still waiting for the goods we promised him after all!"

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1232 on: October 16, 2018, 07:22:30 pm »

"Professional installation is expensive and I wonder if Drett would be jealous if I didn't take his services... That aside, I didn't find the information I wanted. A shame."

Ready to finish the run.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: October 16, 2018, 07:23:12 pm »

"So, I assume this Cthonic you called Leon is the one who slayed that gang you mentioned back at the warehouse, correct?"

Kalagony circles around Adam, inquisitively examining the Human using his large nose.

"Are you a member of the Cthonics, Human? The only thing I recognize about your scent is that you smell like the church, and that Abomination from before had a very similar one. You can call me Kalagony."

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1234 on: October 17, 2018, 09:46:09 am »

@RC: "Oh, it was just some Ethral Manning the front desk. I didn't think to ask a name. But I'm certain any of them would do, or at least know someone who knows. That's their whole deal after all, right?"
@Random: "He led the group that did so. I don't know if he participated in the combat but he looked quite capable of doing so."

Buy scope and bipod for 10 tokens.

Ask the Ethral if it would be easy for someone to recognize the source and if there is something they'd like us to do there or retrieve from there or merely record its position.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 09:47:59 am by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1235 on: October 17, 2018, 07:59:10 pm »

Alright, guess it’s time to be useful. First, search the room the Pilgrims were in to see if they left anything.
After that, I’ll go see if I can’t scavenge some empty glass bottles from the city. If I can’t scavenge, I’ll go see how much I can get a case of empty bottles for (around 12 I’d assume. If I can get those for less than 10 fathoms, buy them. Otherwise get as many as 10 fathoms will get me.) Scavenge or Buy a cheap bolt of cloth or a bunch of rags. (I know you know where I’m going with this)
Once that’s done, see if I can get a price on a turret mounted flamethrower than could use Bore fuel as ammo.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
Besides some trash, no.
[12]
You find a half dozen fist sized spherical bottles. They're pretty thick, you think they might not break very easily.
[14]
You can't find any rags or other fabric around.
Around here, 400. Empyrean doesn't do much commercial bore manufacturing, so stuff is more expensive around here.

@RC: "Oh, it was just some Ethral Manning the front desk. I didn't think to ask a name. But I'm certain any of them would do, or at least know someone who knows. That's their whole deal after all, right?"
@Random: "He led the group that did so. I don't know if he participated in the combat but he looked quite capable of doing so."

Buy scope and bipod for 10 tokens.

Ask the Ethral if it would be easy for someone to recognize the source and if there is something they'd like us to do there or retrieve from there or merely record its position.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Ok.

The source would be the main hive. It would probably be pretty noticeable due to the sheer size. They ask for the location, plus any samples, observation, or other data you can gather. The more the better.

"Professional installation is expensive and I wonder if Drett would be jealous if I didn't take his services... That aside, I didn't find the information I wanted. A shame."

Ready to finish the run.

Okay

Try to haggle down the price of that book. Buy the book, but not if the haggling somehow drives the price up.

How much for a padded and sturdy box to store the beaker artifact in?

Snippity.
"Quite a haul, all that from one short trip, nice work indeed.

Yeah, speaking to Leon should prove most interesting. And if he usually pays as royally as the church did for that first artifact, potentially lucrative as well!

Hunting down the lair of the giant ants is something we could do I suppose. But honestly, as long as those creatures don't harass any of the pilgrims or pose a threat to anyone, perhaps they should just be left to their own devices.

A weapon, you say? Most distressing indeed, and here I was just walking around with it. You are correct, I'll have to find some way to store it more securely to prevent any accidents. Depending on its exact properties it could also be a useful tool though, hmm...

Did you catch the name of the person who gave you this information? I'll have to question him further to see what else he might be able to tell us about this 'eater' or the gemstone people in general."

Then, he grabbed his radio so that the next thing he said was also broadcast to the rest of the team.

"I hope we are ready to move on now? Our client is still waiting for the goods we promised him after all!"

[14]
"Can I have it for free?"

"No."

"Hmmmm how about for....30 fathoms?"

"....Sure."

You hand them over.

A nice padded metal box would be 8 fathoms.

Damn it all - I knew this was the dangerous run.

Hand lighter to Nyw while moving to tend to Ashul. Preferably with the combatants between me and the entire rest of this courtyard. Use the zeolite along with whatever methods my bag gives me to stop the bleeding and stabilize him.

Character Sheet

You toss the lighter to Nyw and run over to Ashul. You skid to a stop and kneel down next to him, in the spreading pool of blood at his side. There is a horrible sewer smell rising up from him. Not good. You're not very versed in the anatomy of Abominations...to your knowledge no one is. They're too varied, too nonsensical, you just have to improvise. [14] You carefully peel away the clothing around the wound and look for things you can fix.  You see his diaphragm up above the cut. Good, chest cavity intact, he won't suffocate from collapsed lungs. Stomach split, contents are all over, intestine too. That will kill him in a few hours. Worry about it later. Nicked the abdominal aorta. That will kill him now. You dump zeolite powder onto the wound. It seals up the edges of the cut immediately and manages some lesser bleeding but only manages to slow the arterial bleeding. You bought him time but not a lot.

Auft makes distressed trilling noises. The first guardian had been scary, but dealt with admirably. The second was shaping up to be as dangerous as it looked.

"Screen for me," she ordered her goon timidly.

Get ready to shoot the thing when it next appears. Order my goon to stand between me and where I assume it'll next appear.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You drag your minion over by one hand and position him in front of you, a little off to the left so you can still shoot straight ahead. You cock the rifle and place your finger on the trigger, waiting for the thing to show itself.

"Someone burn down the tree, force it to come out of hiding."

Protect Drett and his patient from the locust guardian, attack it with my moon blade if it tries to attack me or Drett and AsHul, otherwise shoot it with my rifle.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
You follow Drett over to Ashul and put yourself between them and the tree. You carefully rest the staff against your shoulder as you draw your rifle, ready to drop the gun and snatch up the polearm if you need to.

"Oh dear, oh dear. I have TNT, but I'm not sure how to use it on such a fast moving target. I'll try and help Trett stabilize Abdul for now!"

Should Nyw fail in setting the tree on fire, light one of my TNT charges and throw it at the tree. Only do this if nobody of my team is left within the blast radius of the tree, obviously.
Help Drett stabilize Ashul and stop the bleeding. Apply pressure to the wound(s) where needed.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
You kneel down next to Drett and ask what you can do to help. He tears some fabric from Ashul's clothing and tells you to press it down into the artery, try and hold some of the blood back. You carefully push your hand into the open wound -Ashul screams and tenses- and try to hold the fabric on the right area.

Relic Team

-gurgle-

Attempt to consume one Silent Night. If AsHul succeeds and can feel the effects calming him, Dive:
Telzach -> Udyne (4 rolls)
reinforce telzach 3x, udyne 3x

final nerve roll, final endurance roll. Don't forget the dive skill bonus.
Undo the damage to his body.

[7] You lay as still as you can and use your right hand to dig into your bag and remove one of the vials of Silent Night. You drink it down in one gulp and wait. Despite your split stomach, enough of the drug gets absorbed to grant you its effects for a short time. You close your eyes and focus with what time you have. The horrible pain in your side throbs rapidly and then diminishes. You look down to see blood flowing backwards, up off the ground and into your side. Flesh knits closed and luckily Clate is smart enough to pull his hand out before it does. When the effects of the dive finally end you can see that your injury has closed up entirely, however it looks weak. Its almost as though it targeted every cell of your damaged flesh and returned it to how it was just a fraction of a second before it failed. You can see a line of thin skin  where the cut used to be and you get the feeling that if you moved around too much it might split back open like a freshly sutured wound. And maybe the flesh below it might as well. Should be careful for now.

The withdrawl kicks in a few seconds later; its nowhere near as bad as before, maybe because you partially undid it, maybe because you only got a fraction of the dose.

"A good plan, Alex.  Does anyone possess fire?  I do not, but am most suited for the task.  Everyone, please move with Drett, towards Ashul.  I cannot protect two groups simultaneously."

First, set down the murakumo on the ground.  This creature sounds fragile, and if it's moving that fast, a solid punch at the right moment should do a number on it.  Plus, the 'kumo's fragile and slow.

Second, request some tool to create fire, and if one is provided, set the tree afire--either by running to the tree and burning the wood, or igniting the leaves if they're within reach or lifting in one of the reverse cycles.  Strike at or disarm the guardian if an opportunity is provided, but the priority is burning the tree.

If no fire-producing tools are provided... Protect the group of allies that possesses the most ranged combatants.  Try to intercept the guardian if it attacks that group, and again, either punch or disarm it.

You place the murokumo down and take the lighter. You do a quick glance to make sure the beast isn't coming yet and then take off towards the tree at a dead sprint. [1] You cover the distance to the tree with amazing speed for a man of your size, flicking the lighter on  and dropping it into the dried leaves at the base of the tree. Fire immediately spreads from the leaves up to engulf the tree. it moves as fast as the accelerated passage of time, and the entire thing goes up like flash paper, burning to a black husk in a fraction of a second. The Locust Guardian drops from the branches as the fire starts, swinging its blade in a falling blow towards your head. [1] (too bad you already have +3 in your armor skill) You can't dodge away in time so you shift your stance and take the blow on a rounded pauldron. The attack slides off, deflected, though it shaves off a piece of the armor as it goes.  The Locust lands in a heavy crouch in front of you, blade biting into the flat stones.

Time is moving forward.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 08:35:54 pm by piecewise »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 17, 2018, 08:59:16 pm »

Just stay near the Bore guarding it for now.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1237 on: October 17, 2018, 09:02:12 pm »

Shoot the locust guardian.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 18, 2018, 01:44:02 am »

"RIFLEMEN!  This armor is not decorative; Fire!"

This thing's advantages lie in speed, and that bigass axe.  Both are nullfiied by being grappled.  Dive into it, focusing on restraining it, or at least disarming it.  Getting in a position to start punching its face in would be nice too, but Nyw trusts his allies to not miss their shots against a pinned opponent.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: October 18, 2018, 05:51:47 am »

Return to the cuddle puddle at once! I never should have left!
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: October 18, 2018, 02:13:15 pm »

Oh well. Just wrap the beaker in some cloth or surround it with some cushions to add as padding (ensure it won't break on accident) and store it in a locker in the bore. Be sure to lock it well.

After that, I think we're all ready to move on again?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: October 18, 2018, 03:38:28 pm »

Gun down the locust!

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: October 18, 2018, 04:45:33 pm »

Fire 'pon the locust.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: October 18, 2018, 05:52:38 pm »

Relic Team

"Doctor, thank you for saving my life. I managed to undo the worst of it, but I feel like I cold split in half at any moment. How are the others doing?"

AsHul will submit to Drett's doctorial ministrations this round, satisfied that he isn't immediately about to bleed out.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1244 on: October 19, 2018, 08:13:55 pm »

"Hmm. I wonder if Drett has the appropriate tools."

Still ready to finish the run.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 231