Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 381220 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Showdown.
« Reply #1245 on: October 19, 2018, 08:50:57 pm »

Apply the bandages, keep Oz's innards in!

Charsheet

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1246 on: October 21, 2018, 11:22:34 am »

((Heh. Just noticed in my last action I wrote tokens instead of fathoms. Old habits die hard.))

Do I need to modify my rifle to add scope and bipod or can I assume the place I bought it in was kind enough to install it for me?

Did the Ethral give me a concrete number for payment if we locate the Giant Ant Nest Core or is this the Ethral thing where they give equivalent information instead of money? I'm fine with getting information as a reward, just want to be clear on this.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 12:26:23 pm by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1247 on: October 21, 2018, 02:03:31 pm »

((Heh. Just noticed in my last action I wrote tokens instead of fathoms. Old habits die hard.))

Do I need to modify my rifle to add scope and bipod or can I assume the place I bought it in was kind enough to install it for me?

Did the Ethral give me a concrete number for payment if we locate the Giant Ant Nest Core or is this the Ethral thing where they give equivalent information instead of money? I'm fine with getting information as a reward, just want to be clear on this.

Those just snap on,effectively, so we'll assume you're not so inept as to need a roll for that.
The amount you get depends on the amount you provide. Just finding it could be a few hundred fathoms. More info piles on more fathoms. Or information you want. Either way.

Just stay near the Bore guarding it for now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Hmm. I wonder if Drett has the appropriate tools."

Still ready to finish the run.

Return to the cuddle puddle at once! I never should have left!
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
Ok.

Oh well. Just wrap the beaker in some cloth or surround it with some cushions to add as padding (ensure it won't break on accident) and store it in a locker in the bore. Be sure to lock it well.

After that, I think we're all ready to move on again?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Done. 

Yes, we're ready to go.
So the path I've got you on is
Molten path to Twinfalls, Path of the Cord to Knot, Path of Bells to Chime,  then the hunter's path. From there you can either enter the cavern system the Hunter's path ends at or dig down towards Goldshore. The hunter's path ends at a ruin as well.

EDIT
It has been decided to use the path I set out.

The bore sets out once again, taking the through road that circles around the edge of the city without having to dive into the depths of the massive capital. The molten path beyond the capital is mostly normal, except for the section that traverses the magma vein. The Preparations for it start a half mile away as huge pipes emerge from the walls and ceiling and begin following the path. Even in the bore you can hear the flow of water within them, rumbling like distant rockfalls. Just before the passage turns from stone to solid black metal it expands outwards on both sides, accommodating a series of buildings: pumping stations, control centers, and housing for the Church Divers who stay on site to shore up whatever supernatural defenses the passage has. No one moves on foot through the metal tunnel; even absolutely coated in a complex water cooling system the actual interior of the tunnel is still hot enough to bake bread in. The passage through quickly becomes uncomfortable; not fatally hot but certainly not ideal as the old bore's climate control systems struggle to keep the heat at bay. 

Past the molten path is Twin Falls, known both for the massive bridge connecting the two halves of the city and the miles tall waterfall that dominates the far wall of the cavern. You cross without stopping and descend into the path of the Cord.  About 2/3rds of the way to Knot Vikkian jerks the bore to a halt. Floating in the middle of the path is a...thing. It appears to be a symbol, a sort of pictorial sigil that looks like a coiled worm with many right angle starburst lines around it. Its about 8 feet tall and the edges of the black lines that make up the symbol are bathed in something like fuzzy static light that rapidly shifts between multiple colors. The sigil is silent and doesn't move besides to bob up and down slightly.

Shoot the locust guardian.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
[19]
Gun down the locust!

[6]
Fire 'pon the locust.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
[8]
Clate, Auft, and Alex all open fire.  Alex's shot goes wide, hitting the tree behind the locust.  Clate and Auft both hit their target but Auft's round shatters against the Guardian's mask and sprays shrapnel everywhere. Nyw jerks a bit, clearly hit by the shrapnel but not perturbed. Clate's round catches the beast in the forearm of the left lower arm, blowing a chunk of carapace and flesh away. The creature doesn't flinch.

Relic Team

"Doctor, thank you for saving my life. I managed to undo the worst of it, but I feel like I cold split in half at any moment. How are the others doing?"

AsHul will submit to Drett's doctorial ministrations this round, satisfied that he isn't immediately about to bleed out.

Apply the bandages, keep Oz's innards in!

Charsheet
You wrap bandages around Ashul's midsection, reenforcing the flesh as best you can. It isn't a perfect solution, he could still very well tear himself open with the wrong action but it should prevent him from doing it casually.

"RIFLEMEN!  This armor is not decorative; Fire!"

This thing's advantages lie in speed, and that bigass axe.  Both are nullfiied by being grappled.  Dive into it, focusing on restraining it, or at least disarming it.  Getting in a position to start punching its face in would be nice too, but Nyw trusts his allies to not miss their shots against a pinned opponent.

[16]
You charge in towards the Guardian and it back pedals,  moving in short one footed hops that carry it back like it was in a wire harness, practically drifting over the ground with little effort.  It seems to be looking for an opportunity to strike, keeping out of range of your hands but not getting too far back. You stay with it, never giving it the freedom to strike. 

Time stops as the cycle reaches its end and then begins to flow backwards. The tree, nothing more than a burnt husk at the end of this forward cycle, suddenly unburns with the same flash speed as before, returning to how it was before.  The guardian chitters and then leaps, flying over Nyw's head and disappearing into the branches and flowers of the newly restored tree.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:37:35 am by piecewise »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: October 21, 2018, 11:58:58 pm »

We're still cuddling?

Take good care of Harm, cuddle them good.

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: October 22, 2018, 01:35:25 am »

Reciprocate
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: October 22, 2018, 07:55:29 am »

Calculate the mean free time of an Ethral sized participant in a cuddle puddle of x size with average s size cuddlers!
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 22, 2018, 09:57:00 am »

Clate looks at the tree, now unburned, mocking their efforts.

"Well, I hit it. But it didn't seem to care much. What's the plan now?"

Hotfire90

« Reply #1252 on: October 22, 2018, 10:15:05 am »

Alex sighed, annoyed that the guardian had once again retreated back into the tree.

"The Plan stays the same, we keep the tree burnt down and deal with the guardian, hopefully before time can go backwards again.
Nyw, burn down the tree once time starts moving forwards again! We got your back."

Shoot the guardian should it reveal itself.
Also what are the stats for the moon blade?

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG
« Reply #1253 on: October 22, 2018, 10:20:35 am »

Posting for Caellath

Take the ruin path. Kara and Vikkan will watch for trouble.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 03:03:10 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: October 22, 2018, 10:29:36 am »

"Roger roger"

Shoulder my rifle and be ready to shoot the guardian once it shows itself again.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: October 22, 2018, 01:58:17 pm »

Relic Team

"I'll attempt to shield us from it's weapon for a moment. NYW! Fall back to the group!"

Dive.
Path: Balaram -> (konis) -> Jal
Reinforce Balaram x 2
Reinforce Jal x 3
8 Nerve rolls, Final Balaram, Final Nerve.

Shield the group from the guardian locust's half moon blade.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1256 on: October 22, 2018, 03:02:38 pm »

Kara used the intercom to address the bore.
: Uh, heads up everyone! We have a... Thing. Like a floating symbol. :

Look at the thing with the scope. Can I make out any more details? Is it a symbol I can understand? Can I see if it looks anchored to or generated by something? Is it very large or has tendrils extending from it? Does it look 2d or 3d? Could we pass around it? Generally try to gain more info.

If nothing happens, make my way to an airlock and set up my rifle. Never know when you got to shoot something.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: October 22, 2018, 04:16:10 pm »

Yeah, that route was the plan, seems like the most straightforward one.

Do I know anything about that sigil? If not, flip through my black book and artifact book to see if I find anything resembling that in there.

"Hey Vikkan, if that thing doesn't move out of the way, do you think you could back up a bit and drill our way around it through the rock?"

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 09:28:05 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1258 on: October 23, 2018, 12:37:15 am »

"What if it has some effect on the area around it? Can anyone identify it?"

Keep a distance from the symbol in case it moves.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: October 23, 2018, 04:04:56 am »

Stop for a moment and consider.  Nyw dropped the lighter such that its flame was touching the tree where it fell.  If the lighter hasn't moved, and hasn't been destroyed, the flame should still be touching the tree.  So, next loop, the tree should be on fire the entire time.  Does Nyw see anything which contradicts that, like the lighter being affected by the time loop, or not being positioned to light the tree anymore?  If he does, he will try to fix the problem if he can.

In any case, give the tree a single very heavy punch, trying to dent it.  Does the dent heal as time time winds backwards, or is the injury permanent?

...Nyw will return to the group regardless of the answer, and try to intercept the guardian next time it drops down.

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 231