Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 386042 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Imperfect Perfection.
« Reply #1395 on: December 02, 2018, 07:54:59 pm »

Stay very still and inedible. If the bird gets off, start treating my goon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: December 03, 2018, 09:06:51 am »

"I believe bullets may be of use, friends.  As would an additional weapon."

Retrieve the crystal murakumo, and get back in there.  Aim for severing blows; removing a foot, or the head, while defensively relying on rolling dodging.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Showdown.
« Reply #1397 on: December 03, 2018, 11:35:12 am »

Assuming there are rocks laying about:

Akhmah -> Es. Reinforce akhmah x 2, reinforce Es x5. Total of 8 Nerve rolls + final Akhmah and final Nerve.

Goal is to fire a double fist sized rock into the bird's eye as hard and fast as possible. Preferably smashing the eye and even the brain inside.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1398 on: December 03, 2018, 09:36:58 pm »

Vikkan came to the conclusion about the molten rock but had no time to warn the rest. Since they were already in the know, he simply returned to driving the bore. "Oh well."

Move towards safety while considering ways to help with the molten lava problem. Help if necessary and possible.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: December 04, 2018, 11:54:12 am »

Lights preserve me and don't get me caught in that light, Drett mumbles to himself.

Fire one of three remaining rounds at the bird. Aim for the eyes spotlight.

Character sheet

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: December 05, 2018, 08:40:19 pm »

Guard the door against any dangers and lick any friends that come in.

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1401 on: December 06, 2018, 12:59:40 am »

Ah. That other stuff sounds like it'll work itself out. Hopefully. At least there's probably nothing I can do about it, so why worry?
Point is, I'm home! Feels good to be both alive and where I belong, right? Better go let everyone know I'm alright.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)
You wander up to the cockpit and Vikkan.

"Hey, just checking in, letting you know that after a few days of staring at a wall, I've reawakened!"

"Yeah, real neat."

"So, whats going on?"

"Potential death."

"What flavor?"

"Lava."

"Pretty standard, really."

[11]
You look out in the direction of the noise and focus. The fire moves and covers your vision once again and you see the wall of the room your in. And then its almost like your vision is drifting forward, or that you're zooming in. The wall becomes cloudy and then transparent, then the walls beyond it, then the buildings in the way, then the cavern wall. You look out and out and out until you see it. What it is you can't tell; its like a blind spot in your vision, not like a blur or a hole, but no matter how hard you try to see it, you can't process it. You stop trying and look around it. Behind it is a tunnel, a new pathway, flowing with molten stone. Whatever the non-thing is, its burning through the stone like its paper, moving towards the path of the cord. You can see people in the pathway, other bores and crawlers and people on foot. Not a lot of them, but some.

After his normal human vision returning to him and taking a moment to reorient himself, Adam grabs his radio and starts talking quickly over the general frequency the bore uses.
"Friends, I have some good and some bad news. The good news is, a Messenger of the lord is building a brand new tunnel for us to use in the future! The bad news is that this endeavor will take him past the Path of the Cord, and all of that molten rock that is trailing in its wake is probably gonna come flowing downhill somewhat fierce. I'll be trying to warn the people still on the path, could one of you warn the people of this city? Perhaps they know how to deal with something like this. If not... well, then we'll have to work quickly if we don't want this day to end with a lot of dead Ethral."

Get on the radio to the bores and crawlers and other fools standing around on the path and tell them to get away from there, preferably going uphill instead of down. If they won't believe me mention I just absorbed a bloody word of god so yes I know what I'm talking about NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE YOU IDIOTS AND TAKE THE PEDESTRIANS WITH YOU.

After that, try to infer how long it will take for the messenger to reach the cord path, and then how long it would take for the flow of magma to reach Knot. Also, does it look like the messenger is coming to Knot itself?

Should I manage to work out a rough timetable, would it be doable to dig out a tunnel between the cord path to the caverns/underground river below it to direct the magmaflow away?

If not, could redirecting the magma flow into the existing magma reservoir below the city work? Or would that just get flooded and still spill magma everywhere?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
You get on the radio and tell them whats happening. [10] They seem to believe you and say they're redirecting.

You think about the movement of the messenger, the length of the path, make guesses about how fast magma moves...[9]You think that maybe there's 30 minutes to an hour until it reaches the city? You're not really sure.  But you don't think the messenger is coming for Knot, not unless it suddenly changes its direction.

There might be enough time if you go quickly but there are other issues. Steam explosions and accidentally flooding the town with water instead of lava are the two highest on your list.

Possible...but that would require redirecting a hell of a lot of molten stone through the buildings hanging in the way and down into the  magma. Tricky.

Use the radio to tell the Ethral of Knot to evacuate the city emmediatly. Tell the about the messenger and the magma and everything else. Suggest that they evacuate to the Salt Path and the Path of Bells.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)

[9]
You get on the radio as soon as Adam is done with it and immediately announce across all channels that a torrent of molten stone is coming towards Knot and that everyone had better get out of town right now if they don't want to die.

No way this is going to go poorly.

: The Ethral say messengers stay on their path, even after a word is absorbed! Focus on the magma, ignore the messenger! Try to warn the Ethral near Path of the Cord first, tell them to warn anyone they can to stay away from it! Shoot in the air a few times if you have to! : Kara shouted on her Radio before turning to frantically address the Ethral.

((Sorry if it's a bit too much but I don't know how long the turn will last.))

Explain the situation to the Ethral and give them the exact coordinates of the intersection point (I assume it's the same place we found the Word of God). Make it very clear that at the very least they need to evacuate the area near the Path of the Cord and have firefighters on standby. I promise they can admire Adam all they want once this is over, but right now saving them takes priority.

Ask them to inform the proper authorities and direct me to those authorities or at least give me a damn radio frequency I can contact them at. And bring me a damn map of the town and the surrounding area so I can direct the Bore!

Coordinate with the Nomad's crew (and any other bore or crawler that hears Harm's transmission and is willing to help) and the library Ethral/local authorities (dunno about Ethral government, are those two the same thing?). Use radio to pass on the team's questions and requests to the Ethral ((mainly the things Radio is asking about)).

Also ask the Ethral once more, now that they hopefully understand the situation, to tell me if the bore can help evacuate anything. Maybe there's a hospital or a nursery or an archive or some other thing with valuable and hard to move things near the Path of the Cord.

Use the radio to tell the Ethral of Knot to evacuate the city emmediatly. Tell the about the messenger and the magma and everything else. Suggest that they evacuate to the Salt Path and the Path of Bells.
Note that we also have the speakers from the intercom system so we can also use the bore to address nearby Ethral.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
So you get as far as starting to tell everyone whats going on and asking for help when a small group of Ethral run into the room and tell the ones you're talking to that a giant tide of magma is coming down the path and is set to wipe out the whole city. They immediately stop listening to you and scatter, doing their own things and not listening to you. Almost immediately the red glow of the outside world is cut off as what appear to be metal shutters cover the windows. You attempt to leave and find the door has been blocked. You grab one of the moth archivists scurrying around and ask them whats going on.  As they start to speak the entire building vibrates and the lights flicker. Along the walls and floor and ceiling and every cabinet and display, strange lights begin to dance.

"Lock down." the moth says, "Multilevel shielding, physical and metaphysical."

Guard the door against any dangers and lick any friends that come in.

You cling to the door, tongue waggling.

Vikkan came to the conclusion about the molten rock but had no time to warn the rest. Since they were already in the know, he simply returned to driving the bore. "Oh well."

Move towards safety while considering ways to help with the molten lava problem. Help if necessary and possible.
You maneuver the bore over to the path of bells. [1] Wait a sec, all this crap only matters if the magma gets here. Why not just block off the path? There's gonna be a lot of rock coming but if it can be held off for a while it will cool and form a plug and start backing up instead of flowing down into the city.

Well, that didn't work out. Shoot the bird thing! Aim for the eyes if possible.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Lights preserve me and don't get me caught in that light, Drett mumbles to himself.

Fire one of three remaining rounds at the bird. Aim for the eyes spotlight.

Character sheet
[15,19]
Clate and Drett both open fire on the giant bird and...miss. How they miss I don't know, its literally the size of several bars and bright red with glowing eyes so  you'd think....well whatever. The good news however is that their shots, despite missing, get close enough to distract the bird for a moment, pulling its attention from Nyw

"I believe bullets may be of use, friends.  As would an additional weapon."

Retrieve the crystal murakumo, and get back in there.  Aim for severing blows; removing a foot, or the head, while defensively relying on rolling dodging.

You draw the Murakumo and charge in. [18] You go for the foot, the one on top of Auft, with the aim of chopping it like you'd fell a giant mushroom. You envision the blow, one clean cut, and leap in.  As you swing, the bird moves, stepping off Auft and towards Clate and Drett. Your blow hisses through thin air and strikes the stone at an awkward angle. The crystal rings like a bell for a moment, starting low and rapidly ascending in tone until it is a shrill shriek. And then it shatters like glass, practically turning into a bluish powder in your hands.

Stay very still and inedible. If the bird gets off, start treating my goon.

[2]
You immediately roll to the side as soon as the foot is off you and scramble over to your goon. He's hurt pretty bad, if this were real life you'd probably just put him down but....if he lives through this he'll return to the outside world uninjured. So you get started. You can't do much for him; bandages won't fix pulped flesh or shattered bones but you load him full of pain killers, tourniquet off the crushed limbs, and stuff gauze onto the bleeding bits. He'll live but he ain't moving.

Akhmah -> Es. Reinforce akhmah x 2, reinforce Es x5. Total of 8 Nerve rolls + final Akhmah and final Nerve.

Goal is to fire a double fist sized rock into the bird's eye as hard and fast as possible. Preferably smashing the eye and even the brain inside.

You look around quickly and find a large chunk of stone on the path. You pick it up in both hands and hold it out like an offering in front of you. You close your eyes, focus on the stone, and dive.  As the dizzy feeling of an instant of being out of your body subsides, you feel the stone fly free from your grasp. It streaks up towards the bird's head and strikes it just above the right eye. It hits with some force, shattering several tiles  and clearly startling the creature, but doesn't do any really debilitating damage.

The bird screeches in either pain or annoyance and snaps its beak down at Ashul. [12] He very nearly make it out of the way. Nearly. The bird's beak snaps down right onto his head and upper body. Had he been a creature of flesh still, it probably would have simply removed those parts from the rest of the newly formed corpse. But his metal flesh resists the crushing stone of the beak, though not without harm. Most of the force seems to come down on his left shoulder and he can vaguely feel it get half crushed, half dislocated.  He  can't see anything, and is pressed face first into the roof of the bird's mouth, limbs and lower body dangling out as the bird rears back up and starts looking for something else to mangle.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Showdown.
« Reply #1402 on: December 06, 2018, 05:56:29 am »

Rwlazch -> Hel. Reinforce Telazch x 3, reinforce Hel x3. 3 path, 6 reinforce. 9 rolls + final nerve and Telazch (Endurance stat:11 + diving 3)

Transmute the head/brain of this bird into air.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1403 on: December 06, 2018, 10:35:05 am »

You skipped my action.
Wield the moon blade with one hand and shift my grip nearer towards the blade so that I can comfortably swing it with one hand.

Stay where I am and swing the moon blade towards the bird, try to use its magic by thinking really hard about how I want to kill my target.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Don't do the above, just shoot the damn bird.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 02:35:04 pm by Hotfire90 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #1404 on: December 06, 2018, 08:01:14 pm »

I meant go talk to my actual friends, you dumb skeleton. And now I can't because everything's locked down. Great.
Oh well, sit in the control room and check the instruments. Could we use the bore to knock down enough stone that the magma would be blocked off? Seems like we could drill the ceiling of the tunnel that the magma is coming from and block it off with a barricade of fallen boulders.

If that plan seems plausible, tell Vikkan to do it and radio what we're doing to anyone who is listening.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: December 06, 2018, 09:32:40 pm »

You skipped my action.
Wield the moon blade with one hand and shift my grip nearer towards the blade so that I can comfortably swing it with one hand.

Stay where I am and swing the moon blade towards the bird, try to use its magic by thinking really hard about how I want to kill my target.

Please do something that might be effective. Test your magic blade skills when people on your team aren't actively dying? Please?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1406 on: December 06, 2018, 09:44:48 pm »

"Is anyone against trying to block the flow of lava? Because I'm going to try my hand at it." Vikkan announced via the radio to his companions.

Drill, drill, drill. Block the path of the lava with a controlled dropping of rocks then retreat.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: December 06, 2018, 10:43:12 pm »

Shut the door, go back inside and find warm bodies to throw on the cuddle puddle

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1408 on: December 07, 2018, 02:34:00 pm »

You skipped my action.

Please do something that might be effective. Test your magic blade skills when people on your team aren't actively dying? Please?
It's going to be useful in the future, but sure.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: December 07, 2018, 05:19:29 pm »

"My sword... Damn it all!  Alex!  I'm taking your blade!"

Where is Alex, relative to the bird and Nyw?  Close enough Nyw could run over to him, grab the moon blade off him, and then attack the bird with it within one turn?  If so, do that, again aiming to sever something important.  If not, take the pulped slave's knife, and then leap onto the bird, trying to stab its eyes out.  It destroyed the little artisan's masterwork!  Nyw is pissed!

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 231