Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 381232 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1830 on: April 14, 2019, 02:16:14 pm »

Transform!

After transforming, open the crystal barrels I got from the church and check their contents.
Also take a look at my crystal babies. Is anything different with them? Can I communicate with them or command them without the rod or something?

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #1831 on: April 15, 2019, 01:44:59 pm »

Go back to the warehouse and open the box there.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: April 16, 2019, 02:16:44 pm »

I'm looking for injectibles. Easier to work with than powders. Physical stimulants, barbituate/tranqs, and local anethetics. We already have a paralytic a la venom. Also maybe a powdered or pill-form mental stimulant.

Also, visit the Ethral archives. See if I can't access translations of the books I'm holding in trade for possession of them.

Drett

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: April 16, 2019, 08:40:09 pm »

You're gonna trade rare books for mere copies? What kind of businessman are you?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1834 on: April 17, 2019, 01:04:09 pm »

When the time comes, it will be explained, but you haven't yet gotten something to allow it.
Ooh, mysterious, I like it.

Try to use flammenvision to get a general outlook of the area and in what direction there are places of interest or things going on (zoom a bit if needed). For example, can I make out anything in the direction that arrow is pointing?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
[8]
Hmmm. You can't really make out much but...in the direction of the arrow there are things that are mundane by the look of them. You think there are people there too.

"Hmm. This is probably some sort of giant room. We could search around in the dark cracks of the floor, hoping we find something valuable that fell to the floor or was lost by some previous expedition or any of the local wildlife. Or we could risk using the bore to dig higher, which could be much more rewarding, but without any way to defend ourselves we'd be left without transport, so I'd rather we take the first option."

Climb on top of the wall to get a bird's eye view (pun intended) of the room. Remember my racial advantage, caving skill and rope with grappling hook. Forget my missing arm.

Edit: You rolled for this on discord and asked me to remind you:
I got [9, 17] at advantage and got [5] fate.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
[15 6]
Using her climbing gear and some avian skill Kara climbs up the wall of the canyon, scrambling up the rough mortar until she can peak her head over the top.  The inside of this place has an odd almost fogged appearance to it...it must be something caused by the size, things far away are vague and hazy.  However, from her position she can see several things. First the position here is very near a pair of double doors; these ones are of course far larger than the one you came through. They are absurd. If you had to guess they're two kilometers in height and the ceiling of the wall they connect to is at least twice that, maybe three times. They look quite ordinary as doors go, aside from their proportions, and there is archway window above them which seems to stare out onto...darkness. Directly or roughly directly above is a chandelier of sorts, more of a glass cage containing glowing electric lights, each of which has to be as large as the bore if not bigger.  To the left, in relation to the doorway you took to get in, there is a staircase leading up to a visible second floor and to the front a dinning table. To the front left is a sitting area with several seats, another table, a fire place and....a cat.

The cat is in scale with the room, sitting on one of the arms of a couch, eyes closed and curled up. But one ear is pointed at you.

Beyond the large and seemingly in scale things there are many objects that are not quite right. Rubbish and random junk that is massive but still too small for the room. Remnants of other groups no doubt.

I accidentaly deleted the part of my previous axtion in which I followed Kara inside the door. Do I assume I'm with the rest of the group? If so:

"...You know, I'm kind of a skilled climber, and quite strong too. If you want, I think I could carry us both to the top... I mean, I would understand if you don't want help, but..."

"I think I could lend you a hand... Please don't take it as an insult, I'm just... Concerned, you could say. This is unknown territory after all."

Offer to help her in the climb to the top.

If I'm not actually where the rest are, just enter the door and follow after them.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
You're with the rest of the group but it seems your climbing help isn't needed. You still stand below Kara, in case she falls.

“With respect to the hungry door, and rumors of canibalistic giants, could we not proceed in the direction that someone, or something, obviously wants us to proceed in?”
What does the Voice think about the arrow? What about the rest of the room in general? What does my normal eye see in each of the four directions?
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
[20]
You can't focus on it at all, your eyes keep crossing it feels very weird. You have to close your eyes and rub your temples to make the sensation stop.

Play song #3 from the songbook.

[12]
The song is a fairly nice one. However, you're missing some of the elements of it. It seems to require a...hmmm a string instrument of some kind. Cello? Violin?

Transform!

After transforming, open the crystal barrels I got from the church and check their contents.
Also take a look at my crystal babies. Is anything different with them? Can I communicate with them or command them without the rod or something?

New stat/skills
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The change is surprisingly quick; the instant the toothpick pierces your flesh it petrifies you into crystal within maybe 2 or 3 seconds. You feel yourself cease to be for a moment and then you are something else. Your exoskeleon suit has been smashed away, destroyed as you expanded. The form you take now is not dissimilar to your original shluck shape but is far larger. You're roughly the size of a man in height but with more mass, a sort of crystaline lump of a body with thick tentacles spreading out widely below it. You no longer see or sense at all in the way you used to.  Now things are sort of like...all you could say is that it is as though all the stone around you is your skin. You feel things moving on it and can sense the shape and size and movement of those things through that contact.  it is very odd.

You crawl over to the barrels and check them. The first contains two crystal babies, as you like to call them,  A pyramid with stumpy limbs and a rolling orb. It also contains a small knife of sorts and a bowl.  The second contains 3 more of the seed things, what appears to be a roll of very thin and flexible stone, a small cube of the extremely dense material, and a sharp pyramid shaped wedge thing.

The babies do not appear to directly listen to your instructions or act differently but you...sense their commands sort of?

Go back to the warehouse and open the box there.
The box contains what appears to be a silk shirt. It is fairly large, a little oversized on you, and completely red. Not the nice even red of careful dyeing but the splotchy, uneven, patterend red of being completely bloodstained.

I'm looking for injectibles. Easier to work with than powders. Physical stimulants, barbituate/tranqs, and local anethetics. We already have a paralytic a la venom. Also maybe a powdered or pill-form mental stimulant.

Also, visit the Ethral archives. See if I can't access translations of the books I'm holding in trade for possession of them.

Drett

All three of those exist in injectible form. The Tranqus and Anethetics are based on various venoms and poisons, just diluted. They have a reasonable margin of error for how much to use before you start getting really dangerous OD effects. The only injectable Stimulant they have that actually boosts stats is...dangerous. It have a very small margin of error between giving someone a good boost to their abilities for a short time and giving someone a huge boost for a very short time before they stroke out.

Mental stimulants are...well the one thats easy is a "Vision" drug that can enhance cognition OR cause hallucinations OR both.

The Ethral tell you that there is a chance of translating, but that it will take time. They have a limited knowledge of old human dialects so the translation is going to be pretty blunt force and trial and error.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: April 17, 2019, 02:17:48 pm »

You're gonna trade rare books for mere copies? What kind of businessman are you?

((Of course I am. I am interested in the information within and also benefiting Ethral society. That's why I took them to the archives :P))

Excellent. Hand them the books and let them know where they can reach me.

Purchase some number of tranqs and anesthetics and that stim dependent on pricing along with other goods which I will make note of when I edit my sheet.

Drett

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1836 on: April 17, 2019, 05:26:26 pm »

Kara got out her radio, activated it and whispered as quietly as she could.
: This is a very large room. Kitchen, I'd guess. Probably several kilometers across. No sense going through it without the bore. There's also an upstairs but trying to reach it would be reckless. There a giant monster cat between us and the stairs. I don't think we have any chance against it without diving or heavy bore weapons. There's also some materials left from previous expeditions. I'll make a quick check to see if there's anything worth salvaging and then I'm going right back down. I don't like the way that cat is sitting there. :

((Action when I have more time. Just wanna get the info to the rest.))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: April 17, 2019, 05:45:14 pm »

“Guys, I’m gonna be honest here. I see a lot of potential danger at no obvious gain. I would like to get this contract fulfilled and over with. I also think that we’re more likely to benefit here if we have the whole team here to aid us. You can stick around and explore as much as you want, but I’m getting a lot of bad vibes. I’ll be back at the bore.”
Gead back to the Bore, see if any of the pilgrims have any leather gloves or an empty journal to trade. If one item comes up for less than 20 fathoms, go for it. If both items are available for less that 30 total, get both.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hotfire90

« Reply #1838 on: April 17, 2019, 05:54:00 pm »

Put on the silk shirt.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1839 on: April 18, 2019, 07:14:59 am »

"Noble Schluck? What has happened to you? is this ... is this intentional? Are you harmed? Are you still in control of yourself?"

Call out to the Arfvedsonite formerly known as Clate.
If he seems not to be a threat, shrug and play song #4, while keeping an eye on The Aforementioned Calcite, to be ready to run should bad things threaten to happen.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: April 18, 2019, 10:44:30 am »

Clate hears Ashul, though no longer in the same as he used to. Rather then seeing him, he feels his shape through the ground. Weird.

The crystal mass that is his body shivers for a moment, before a small area flattens and cracks appear, forming letters.
Code: [Select]
Hello, friend AshulThe cracks dissapear, before new cracks appear in their stead. More legible this time.
Curiosity got the better of me, I used the toothpick.Getting used to communicating this way, the letters appear faster now, more like carved calligraphy rather than cracks and scratches.
This body feels exceedingly strange, but it is not alltogether unpleasant. As you might have surmised by now, I seem to be unable to produce sound. I am also blind, but I can still sense, somehow.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1841 on: April 18, 2019, 12:14:16 pm »

: If you don't want to go further then I won't force you. Let's just gather up whatever we can and leave. We've got the Ethral waiting for us anyway. We can also take the pilgrims along, since we'll be drilling straight into the messenger path. :

Make a quick check for anything valuable/shiny nearby, take it if found and then get back down to rejoin the rest.
Once down there, see if there's any structural junk nearby.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 12:16:00 pm by Parisbre56 »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: April 18, 2019, 12:51:02 pm »

"...Seems like everyone is just ignoring me."

Examine the "walls". How old do they look like? Try to guess the rate at which things grow inside this place.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: April 18, 2019, 03:21:10 pm »

It's experimenting time!

1. Try to change my own shape. Go for something something humanoid first. Then try a spider form. How hard is it for me to do this and how fast does it go?
2. Inspect my two new crystal babies I got from the barrel (7&8 in inv). Can I tell what their function/powers are with my new stonesense/crystal affinity?
3. Inspect the small knife and bowl from the barrel
4. Inspect the cube of very dense material from the barrel
5. Inspect the sharp wedge from the barrel
6. Inspect the kidnapper bell. Since it's made out of stone, maybe I can glean some new info this time
7. See if I can use crystal baby 5 and 6 to create a new crystal baby/golem. Try to turn them into something similar to that floating diamond that shoots lasers that I have. If the diamond is a no-go, attempt to turn it into a cute crystal dog.
8. Think for a bit. Do I have any memories of the crystal people, like some hereditary/ancestral knowledge?

« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 01:08:26 pm by Pancaek »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: April 19, 2019, 01:08:33 pm »

Seems like we're heading back, so go to the bore and get in contact with the Ethral city close to where that messenger appeared. Ask if they still require a bore team to open up the path again, and get a feel to what we could earn from it (don't commit to any deal yet). Mention that we can also replace the cut comms wires.

Finally, if there are any pilgrims or regular travelers (or even light cargo, but REGULAR CARGO ONLY) that are going in the direction we are (aka a city that is on our way back), we could transport them for a fee as well. Any offers there?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 231