Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 381031 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1890 on: May 13, 2019, 06:21:18 am »

"Indeed it is, my friend!  Thank you, very much.  Now, unless you have need of me, I think I will go out and find something to do with myself.  Cities are full of opportunity!"

Take the harness and attach all Nyw's weapons to it.  Then, leave the hideout and go exploring the city; look around for something to do, be it simple work, someone to help, or another warrior who might be interested in sparring.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1891 on: May 13, 2019, 10:19:36 am »

"There we go. It ... works, I guess. Is this satisfactory, Honored Child?"

COntinue playing songs on the mundane guitar. Work through the songbook (from song #7) until I hit a song that appears to have an effect, or I run out of songs or 'turn time.'

[8]
Song 7 is fine. Song 8...you get three cords in and immediately feel ill. Three more cords and you throw up.  Anyone around you fairs similarly.

Lenses that are suitable for a gas mask, they shouldn't be too special. I'll just buy a gas mask for 30 fathoms instead.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Done.
Plain lenses would be like 3 fathoms each.

"Indeed it is, my friend!  Thank you, very much.  Now, unless you have need of me, I think I will go out and find something to do with myself.  Cities are full of opportunity!"

Take the harness and attach all Nyw's weapons to it.  Then, leave the hideout and go exploring the city; look around for something to do, be it simple work, someone to help, or another warrior who might be interested in sparring.

[3]
You wander off into the city and you get no more than maybe 3 blocks when you see someone getting mugged in an alley.

"How completely typical."

A while later, as the bore continues its slow grinding path through the newly hardened stone, something happens. The alarms go off and the bore automatically comes to a halt as the stone crumbles away and the drill tip breaches what has to be the messenger path itself.
What's the problem cap'n? Or is it just because we entered open space?

If no immediate issues, take a quick peek at the new tunnels, then continue our drilling. Our compatriots are waiting for us!

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Take a quick peek outside through the periscopes and instruments to make sure it's safe. If it looks safe, get out and use my rifle's scope to survey the area. I'm interested in its appearance and any weird stuff.

Can I see any signs of Antediluvians working?

Anything interesting that would be worth picking up?

Any wildlife, even bugs?

Pick up a few pretty rocks and some wildlife samples. They'll make good additions for my museum!

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Grab some shuteye or something while waiting for the Bore to move along.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)

Kara extends the forward periscope and she and Adam crowd around the eyepiece.

Be bore has indeed penetrated into open space; the messenger path yawns wide, a curving shaft of smooth stone descending at maybe a 50 degree angle. It looks something like a lava tube, all shiny and once clearly molten. Its several hundred feet to the opposite wall with nothing but open air most of the way.  The walls are absolutely packed full of what look like thin veins of gold ore, as though the passing of the messenger impregnated everything around it with flowing gold rivulets. All over the walls climb enormous humanoid creatures; most heavily muscled and colored like rust. Sparks fly as these creatures swing pick axes the size of a man into the stone, carving away at it in great swaths.  Below this level more of the creatures can be seen, but in different varieties. Lanterns of a sort glimmer in abundance maybe 200 feet down and several hundred feet beyond that, at the edge of vision, more permanent lights are being set up and filling the entire tunnel with light. Already the distant tunnel is resembling more of a man made construction than a work of nature. The cacophony of hundreds or thousands of tools all striking stone at once is beyond deafening; you can feel it vibrating through your bones as it echoes around the chamber.

One of the rust skinned Antediluvians, its upper body a swollen mass of defined muscle while its lower body resembles the thin, stringy muscle of a starved farmer, grabs the tip of the bore's drill in one hand and starts pushing. The bore groans as its mechanical strength struggles against the Antedeluvian's organic might. 

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1892 on: May 13, 2019, 11:00:19 am »

"How fantastically awful. Ah, It seems that the Honored Dead left just moments too soon. I wonder if this affects the undead as it affects one such as I?
I wonder if it affects Schluck, or the Crystal being The honorale Schluck has become?"

Clean up, rest a bit, eat something to steady myself, and continue my experiments from song #9 until I hit a song that appears to have an effect, or I run out of songs or 'turn time.'

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1893 on: May 13, 2019, 11:24:39 am »

"Let go, you jerk! It's mine!"

Activate the drill. Hopefully that will give it an incentive to let go and let us continue. If not... Well, I guess we'll find out how easy it is to drill through one of God's servants and/or how easy it is to outrun one.

Obviously if someone with better bore stats wants to drive, I'm all for it.

Bore stats on the wiki page: https://dig.fandom.com/wiki/The_Bore

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: May 13, 2019, 12:57:21 pm »

hey stop updating faster than I can post please thanks
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: May 13, 2019, 08:19:37 pm »

Well that was unexpected. Batten down the hatches I guess.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: May 13, 2019, 11:20:20 pm »

Try to measure the Antediluvian's strenght. Would it be possible to fight against it unnarmed or would we need massive bore weapons to even have a chance against it? How big are they?

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: May 14, 2019, 01:14:28 am »

Sigh.  How well are the muggers armed/armored?  If they're just some shmucks who are no real danger, rush up to them and bop them on their heads.  Ideally, Nyw wants to capture them alive.  If they're suspiciously well equipped, use the murakumo to disarm them.

Demand surrender only after beginning to attack.  Rather not give them a chance to run away.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1898 on: May 14, 2019, 10:07:26 am »

Buy two lenses, then go check around to see if there have been more job offers since we completed the relic vision.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: May 15, 2019, 10:31:12 am »

What? Nooo, don’t hurt them, they’re god's servants!

Don’t let them hurt the holy beings!
(if our driver doesn’t respond/act) Instead try to have us back off and drill around (under or above?) the tunnel. 

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: May 15, 2019, 10:44:48 am »

Intradasting. See if I can somehow turn the golem domant/acitvate some kind of sleep mode, so I can recoup that nerve point while it's not active.
Then Try and see if I can actively give it another nerve point worth of my brain/processing power, and what effects it has on the golem.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: May 15, 2019, 01:03:56 pm »

Pilot us to profit and/or ruin.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1902 on: May 18, 2019, 09:12:51 am »

"How fantastically awful. Ah, It seems that the Honored Dead left just moments too soon. I wonder if this affects the undead as it affects one such as I?
I wonder if it affects Schluck, or the Crystal being The honorale Schluck has become?"

Clean up, rest a bit, eat something to steady myself, and continue my experiments from song #9 until I hit a song that appears to have an effect, or I run out of songs or 'turn time.'

[19]
Song 9 is a twangy mess but you feel like you played it very hamfistedly
[6]
Song 10 is nice but pretty mundane.
[7]
Song 11 is another short interlude.
[18]
You really butcher song 12 but even completely screwed up, it has an odd effect. It makes you feel sort of...disconnected. It has an odd dissociative effect.

Sigh.  How well are the muggers armed/armored?  If they're just some shmucks who are no real danger, rush up to them and bop them on their heads.  Ideally, Nyw wants to capture them alive.  If they're suspiciously well equipped, use the murakumo to disarm them.

Demand surrender only after beginning to attack.  Rather not give them a chance to run away.

Hmm. They're wearing leather clothing, complete with jagged tooth symbols that mark them as Members of that gang you've heard about. They've got a knife and a length of metal piping from what you can see. No threat as long as they don't take the person they're mugging hostage.
[10][9]
You sprint  straight in and are on them before they can even adequately appreciate whats going on. You don't bother with the Murakumo and instead use a running lariat for the first man and a swift hammer blow to the top of the head for the second. Within a few moments both muggers are laying unconscious at your feet and the mugging victim is just sort of staring at you with blank lack of comprehension.

Buy two lenses, then go check around to see if there have been more job offers since we completed the relic vision.
Done.

In terms of jobs for a mercenary crew lacking a bore (At the moment) you find a few things. There are bounties available for various criminals, a job to clear away a creature that has taken up residence in a warehouse, guard duty for some visiting merchant's daughter, and some poster just asking for "Able bodied participants".

Intradasting. See if I can somehow turn the golem domant/acitvate some kind of sleep mode, so I can recoup that nerve point while it's not active.
Then Try and see if I can actively give it another nerve point worth of my brain/processing power, and what effects it has on the golem.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Just so we don't have to do a lot of rolls, I'll tell you that these things work, however that it takes some time to "Reboot" so you can't really do it in combat; if you send him to sleep you can't wake him up again until combat ends. More nerve points you shove into him the more intelligent and capable of independent action he becomes. There's diminishing returns past a point.

"Let go, you jerk! It's mine!"

Activate the drill. Hopefully that will give it an incentive to let go and let us continue. If not... Well, I guess we'll find out how easy it is to drill through one of God's servants and/or how easy it is to outrun one.

Obviously if someone with better bore stats wants to drive, I'm all for it.

Bore stats on the wiki page: https://dig.fandom.com/wiki/The_Bore

What? Nooo, don’t hurt them, they’re god's servants!

Don’t let them hurt the holy beings!
(if our driver doesn’t respond/act) Instead try to have us back off and drill around (under or above?) the tunnel. 

Kara reaches for the "Activate Drill" control and Adam immediately goes ham on her, slapping at her and and shoving and shouting. The two of them tangle up into a mess of flailing limbs and shouting, preventing much from getting done.

Well that was unexpected. Batten down the hatches I guess.
The hatches are already battened but you go around and batten them tighter, applying judicious amounts of duct tape.

Try to measure the Antediluvian's strenght. Would it be possible to fight against it unnarmed or would we need massive bore weapons to even have a chance against it? How big are they?

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
I mean....hard to say but this one is trying to shove the bore backwards with one hand and appears to be at least coming close.  You could probably fight it unarmed and might even be able to kill it, but if one of its blows connects it will be VERY bad. Like fist fighting a cave in.

Pilot us to profit and/or ruin.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)
[8]
You shove past the Adam vs Kara slapfight and put the bore in reverse, pulling it back so that the drill is no longer in the messenger path.  The Antediluvian looks in after it for a moment then moves on.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1903 on: May 18, 2019, 10:37:42 am »

Get a bucket.
Play enough of Dissociation (song 12) to get some effect without like, completely severing myself from my poor misshapen body.
Then play up to six chords of Vomit (song 8 ). Checking to see if Dissociation can counter the effects of Vomit. If not, well, that's what the bucket is for.

If all goes well, and I re-ssociate, continue with songs 13-16.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 07:15:27 am by Ozarck »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: May 18, 2019, 01:34:35 pm »

"Wow, that was scary, we were this close to committing grave blasphemy and angering our god in the deep. Thank you for steering us clear from disaster, Wiellste.

Now then, why don't we just drill around these ruins? I don't think we're lacking for space here, and hurting an Antediluvian and antagonizing them is sure to make any future exploration of these holy grounds that much harder on us."

Consider/try to remember what the usual MO is for exploring a new messenger path. Is it to wait till the Antediluvians are done with their work? Or will they continue to guard this place even after that? Is there a chance we could explore this place on foot if we leave the drill at the door, or is any intrusion unwelcome?

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 01:37:00 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 231