Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385096 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Last Fire
« Reply #2235 on: September 10, 2019, 11:55:03 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
”Thank you for saving us, Ashul”
Four turns since consuming Silent Night

Look around the room now that everything is quiet. I don’t want to risk failing another dive and putting us in more danger. Follow Nyw

« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 04:10:59 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: September 10, 2019, 12:44:02 pm »

Go ahead and reload my revolver. Other than that, just wait for my eyes to adjust.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: September 11, 2019, 02:20:25 pm »

Nyw stands utterly still for awhile, holding his position at the front of the group, weapons drawn.  Eventually, he relaxes, and looks around, counting companions.  He nods, then starts striding back to the others.

"Quite remarkable--and lucky--that the worst casualty was merely my rifle.  I do not believe that... being is within our capacity to truly grasp, let alone kill."

He stops, watching Kara run around chasing bits of flame, like a cat pursuing fireflies.  He chuckles quietly, the sound almost inaudible, then continues.

"We ought to retreat further, in case the seal fails.  I do not doubt the Saint, but... after witnessing that display of power, I do not wish to tarry while in its vicinity."

Is Nyw's destroyed guard rifle at all salvagable?  Or is it just junk now?  Also, poke one of those human followers and ask them what they think of ahat just happened.  Are the two of them Chthonics?

Oh yeah, and encourage the team to get going, away from this place.  It's just a really bad place to sit and rest.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2238 on: September 11, 2019, 06:30:02 pm »

"It can be killed, but the attacks must be coordinated between the physical and the mental.

Those flames ... we should not leave them. Extinguish or contain them, in case they carry that thing's infection. We do not want it to spread."

AsHul will not leave until all traces of the enemy are contained or eliminated. Once he is satisfied that there is nothing left of the enemy outside the cist, he will follow the others to the crawler or the bore.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2239 on: September 12, 2019, 10:46:06 am »

Head back with the others.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: September 13, 2019, 11:29:49 am »

Grab whatever boxes we have on hand and help trap the lil' flames.

Also take a look with wizard eyes (don't look straight at it immediately in case it's too bright again, but slowly bring it into vision) to where we sealed the thing back in again, what is it doing?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 11:31:23 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2241 on: September 14, 2019, 10:25:06 am »

Go ahead and reload my revolver. Other than that, just wait for my eyes to adjust.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
You reload, with a bit of blind fumbling.

Nyw stands utterly still for awhile, holding his position at the front of the group, weapons drawn.  Eventually, he relaxes, and looks around, counting companions.  He nods, then starts striding back to the others.

"Quite remarkable--and lucky--that the worst casualty was merely my rifle.  I do not believe that... being is within our capacity to truly grasp, let alone kill."

He stops, watching Kara run around chasing bits of flame, like a cat pursuing fireflies.  He chuckles quietly, the sound almost inaudible, then continues.

"We ought to retreat further, in case the seal fails.  I do not doubt the Saint, but... after witnessing that display of power, I do not wish to tarry while in its vicinity."

Is Nyw's destroyed guard rifle at all salvagable?  Or is it just junk now?  Also, poke one of those human followers and ask them what they think of ahat just happened.  Are the two of them Chthonics?

Oh yeah, and encourage the team to get going, away from this place.  It's just a really bad place to sit and rest.

It could be repaired, but you'd need some Junk and a workbench. And YOU would need someone who isn't a great big ham hands.

The two followers are both Chthonics (The faith is nearly universal in humans) and when you ask what happened they seem to think that they barely survived being eating by some grand heretical doomsday weapon.

"Alright, Lets go. Come on. Sitting around in this place is tempting fate and you know it."

LOOOOOOT!
Edit: Try to trap the flame in my lighter and any other container I can use. Go back to the crawler to leave the looted flame and get more containers.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
"It can be killed, but the attacks must be coordinated between the physical and the mental.

Those flames ... we should not leave them. Extinguish or contain them, in case they carry that thing's infection. We do not want it to spread."

AsHul will not leave until all traces of the enemy are contained or eliminated. Once he is satisfied that there is nothing left of the enemy outside the cist, he will follow the others to the crawler or the bore.

Grab whatever boxes we have on hand and help trap the lil' flames.

Also take a look with wizard eyes (don't look straight at it immediately in case it's too bright again, but slowly bring it into vision) to where we sealed the thing back in again, what is it doing?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Adam looks at the cist and again basically just flash bangs himself. Apparently peering in there is not something easily done.

Kara takes her lighter and carefully, without touching any of the flames by hand, scoots them into the metal cylinder and closes it. It seems to work and they don't melt their way out or explode or anything.

Head back with the others.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
”Thank you for saving us, Ashul”
Four turns since consuming Silent Night

Look around the room now that everything is quiet. I don’t want to risk failing another dive and putting us in more danger. Follow Nyw

We all heading back to the bore? If so, consider yourselves back. If you have other things to do, then consider yourselves...not...back...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: September 14, 2019, 11:27:44 am »

”where do we go now? Also who sent you after that thing?”

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: September 15, 2019, 06:55:15 am »

"There is a Holy Saint who dwells within this Messenger Path, one who has Dived far deeper than you or I, and has returned to this place. it is that Saint's will that keeps that being sealed away in the cist we just visited, and it is that Saint who directed us to destroy that being. It is from that Saint that this sword above my head has come.

As for where we go now, well, there are many Paths open to us. I must return here to do battle once again, should my path not crumble before then. But I will only return with those committed to the trial."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: September 15, 2019, 07:30:37 am »

I’m afraid I won’t be of much help. I don’t have any weapons or armor, and I think I’ve done more harm then good”

Hotfire90

« Reply #2245 on: September 15, 2019, 08:38:50 am »

"I can fix both of those problems, for a small fee of course. Now I've no idea what you've done outside of creating that elemental, but creating an elemental that did nothing except exist for a moment, is hardly worth talking about.

Let's go straight to Empyrean. We have plenty of books that need translating and the Church just happens to have the translators we need, plus we have some things to take care off there as well."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2246 on: September 15, 2019, 08:46:55 am »

"I've got enough chemicals to make a gigantic explosive. With the help of our Ethral friends, I am certain we could craft one nasty explosive. That should be enough to take care of the physical part of our enemy, along with attacks from all of us. Unfortunately, I have no experience with diving, so I don't think I'm the best for deciding how to take care of that part of the equation. Oh, also-"
Kara raised her voice to AsHul and did her best to sound serious, displeased, scolding.
"Next time we face an extremely powerful otherworldly creature, start with the information gathering instead of provoking it to attack. That might give us enough time to learn more and come up with a better plan. Or negotiate with them and get them to pay us before killing then."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: September 15, 2019, 09:16:52 am »

"I can fix both of those problems, for a small fee of course. Now I've no idea what you've done outside of creating that elemental, but creating an elemental that did nothing except exist for a moment, is hardly worth talking about.

Let's go straight to Empyrean. We have plenty of books that need translating and the Church just happens to have the translators we need, plus we have some things to take care off there as well."

”I was worried it would try to hurt us. Yes, let’s go to Empyrean”

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: September 15, 2019, 02:44:49 pm »

Kara raised her voice to AsHul and did her best to sound serious, displeased, scolding.
"Next time we face an extremely powerful otherworldly creature, start with the information gathering instead of provoking it to attack. That might give us enough time to learn more and come up with a better plan. Or negotiate with them and get them to pay us before killing then."

"Of course, Esteemed Corven. Our experiences with extremely powerful otherworldly creatures in the Vision to which the Church sent us has left me a touch ... " AsHul searches momentarily for a word "Abrupt, in my reactions to them, perhaps. I do hope our next encounter is with one with which negotiations would prove beneficial." A cloud, or perhaps a rash, spreads across AsHul's face, eyes twitching into what could possibly be described as a scowl, or perhaps the signs of a mild stroke.
"I did gain some information on this warrior of Ancient Mankind. Disturbing information."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: September 15, 2019, 02:47:31 pm »

"What did you gain?"
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 231