Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 381206 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2475 on: December 05, 2019, 02:11:22 am »

Remain on the bore. May as well spend my skill points on weapon: guitar and level that skill to 3, then AsHul will design a song that Shapes and strengthens steel/iron structures.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #2476 on: December 06, 2019, 03:30:17 am »

Take a look inside that barrel with wizard eyes, if it seems dangerous don't let anyone open it for now.

Alternatively, help Clate figure out a way forward with dem eyezz.

If neither are necessary,

It definitely uses En, though anything beyond that is a guess. If you had to guess, it is quite a simple dive that causes a very powerful En working to be placed on whatever it is stabbed into with intent. One powerful enough to erase  whatever its hit with from existence, forcing the rest of reality to change around it. Its construction is probably quite simple, but it is still a highly dangerous dive considering how many times it must be reinforced.

then consider whether 'erase  whatever its hit with from existence' also affects beings from Akhmah, or is more meant for things from other spheres. Secondly, 'causes a very powerful En working to be placed on whatever it is stabbed into with intent', does the black flame need to be stabbed manually to cause the En effect, or would it work, for example, when putting the black flame on a crossbow bolt?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: December 06, 2019, 07:26:34 am »

It sounds like the only static fixture in the organization is the caves where they harvest the raw material, then.  Go and scout out those caves that the imprisoned workers described--from a distance, as much as that's possible; don't enter any place that's being obviously worked in or has a lot of traffic, just go looking for them.  If Nyw's lucky enough to find the caves, stake them out for awhile.  Look for someone leaving, or people entering.

If the caves aren't found, go hunt down Alex and his cohorts, then fill them in on the new info.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2478 on: December 07, 2019, 02:30:49 pm »

It sounds like the only static fixture in the organization is the caves where they harvest the raw material, then.  Go and scout out those caves that the imprisoned workers described--from a distance, as much as that's possible; don't enter any place that's being obviously worked in or has a lot of traffic, just go looking for them.  If Nyw's lucky enough to find the caves, stake them out for awhile.  Look for someone leaving, or people entering.

If the caves aren't found, go hunt down Alex and his cohorts, then fill them in on the new info.

[16]

Nyw attempts to discover the location of the caves but despite his best efforts walking around town, scanning the walls of the main cavern, trying to keep an eye out for suspicious movements, he cannot find an darn thing. Finally he gives up and returns to Alex with news about what he found.

Take over the stakeout duty for them and send the two out to gather information again, hopefully they'll discover a second shop that's selling the drug.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Sadly all these attempts, from your stake out to their searching result in nothing of interest. These guys are well dug in and quite hard to pin down.

//goddammit, how did I manage to miss two turns?

Assume that Richard has been tagging along with Alex and Co.
Anyway, seeing as Alex was unable to obtain the drug, Richard waits for some time, then also walks into that same shop and asks for a vial of Terasodium (while trying not to act like a weirdo).

Spoiler: Richard Newguy, Human (click to show/hide)
[7]
While your attempts do not result in any actual drugs being given to you, you do get the clerk to recommend another shop which might have what you're looking for. Its a pharmacy nearby.

Remain on the bore. May as well spend my skill points on weapon: guitar and level that skill to 3, then AsHul will design a song that Shapes and strengthens steel/iron structures.

[9]
You write up a song that you think will work for that purpose...however it is a quite difficult song to play. Almost need three hands.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Head through one of the side passages
You check the side passage on the ground floor. It leads to a large room that is filled with what look like tiny golems, all partially or entirely encased in crystal.

Try to stonesense a more exact layout of this place, to find the best way towards the uplink itself, and also for hidden dangers/other stuff. Then take the side passage I feel is will lead me there, unless I've sensed some kind of trap or other danger.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

[8]
There appears to be one room off this one, which someone has already gone into, and two upstairs. Nothing overtly dangerous by the look of it, though there are what seem to be more containers upstairs. As per that uplink, it is definitely straight down. You sense that this building is kind of "Flooded", there are lower levels entirely encased in crystal and that's where the uplink lies.

"I'm thinking of taking a look at the upper floors. Anybody want to come with?"

"Oh, and remember, these places sometimes have protector-golems in them. They should leave you alone if you don't mess with them but do try to be careful. If you're opening storage barrels, watch out for security snakes hiding inside them."

Be sure to keep the Dynamo Lantern charged during our exploration to provide illumination for me and the others.

Order Crystal Friend to KINAKOVER : UNLOCK the barrel. Be ready to shoot any enemy that comes out of it with the Ethral rifle while it does so. If nothing comes out, very carefully approach and check what's inside.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
The crystal friend unlocks the barrel with a touch of one delicate leg, separating a thin disk of crystal from the top.

Inside is...well it looks something like a crown set at the end of a short crystal rod. Six long tines of crystal affixed to a hexagonal base with a single, short tine in the center. Something about it screams "WEAPON"!

Take a look inside that barrel with wizard eyes, if it seems dangerous don't let anyone open it for now.

Alternatively, help Clate figure out a way forward with dem eyezz.

If neither are necessary,

It definitely uses En, though anything beyond that is a guess. If you had to guess, it is quite a simple dive that causes a very powerful En working to be placed on whatever it is stabbed into with intent. One powerful enough to erase  whatever its hit with from existence, forcing the rest of reality to change around it. Its construction is probably quite simple, but it is still a highly dangerous dive considering how many times it must be reinforced.

then consider whether 'erase  whatever its hit with from existence' also affects beings from Akhmah, or is more meant for things from other spheres. Secondly, 'causes a very powerful En working to be placed on whatever it is stabbed into with intent', does the black flame need to be stabbed manually to cause the En effect, or would it work, for example, when putting the black flame on a crossbow bolt?

[10]
You assume that the flame could probably be used against beings of Akhmah, though there might be built in limitations on that, just for the sake of people not doing it accidentally. The flames are also supposed to be used as normal knives so they clearly have some "intent" sensing built into them.

That, you have no idea over. It would depend on the "wording" of the original dive. If you had to guess, you'd say that it probably has to be held by the person with the intent. But thats just a guess.

Where were we, again? Argon looks for work, preferably work which keeps him moving around the world.
Well, if you wanna abandon the current party to go exploring, there are always groups of pilgrims looking for guards. Or caravans looking for members. Or, maybe more your style, the local archives almost always have bounties out for certain information.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: December 07, 2019, 02:46:26 pm »

”hey, Clate, I found what looks like small golems in this room. Would freeing them from the crystals be ok or will it hurt them?”

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2480 on: December 07, 2019, 03:11:09 pm »

"Oooh... Shiny pointy thing! Nice."

Order Crystal Friend to MAGNEL : CARRY the weapon. Any idea of how it is supposed to be used? Does it look like I'd be able to use the weapon while Crystal Friend is carrying it? Or maybe like I could order Crystal Friend to fire it while I'm aiming it?

"Anyway, I'm gonna go see what's on the top floor. Yell if you need anything."

See if I could have Crystal Friend walk on the walls and carry me to the room above. If I'm successful, tie some rope so that others can follow. Else, see if I can throw my grappling hook up there.

Regardless, if I make it up there, have a look around and try to figure out what that place is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #2481 on: December 07, 2019, 05:01:27 pm »

Argon cannot abandon the party because he's a new character who has never met this party. Which appears to have already split itself anyways. I dunno, find me something to do. If you don't want to steer me towards other PCs, start me in Empyrean and get me some pilgrims to follow.

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: December 08, 2019, 05:24:07 pm »

”hey, Clate, I found what looks like small golems in this room. Would freeing them from the crystals be ok or will it hurt them?”

Probably they are just dormant. I shall check, but then I must dig straight down. It would seem the reason we have come here is directly below us. The room it is in has flooded with crystal, so to speak

Check the many tiny golems Rhea has found. Are they dormant? If I don't see any danger in getting them out of their crystal prisons, use stoneforming to remove the crystal that is encasing them.

Then, use stoneforming to make myself a way/path/staircase towards the uplink, whatever works. Be careful not to damage the uplink while doing so.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: December 08, 2019, 05:32:41 pm »

”what should I do in the meantime?”

Hotfire90

« Reply #2484 on: December 08, 2019, 10:40:49 pm »

"Hmm, we might want to take another look at the caverns or try our luck with the warehouses if we run out of leads. Anyway my part of the investigation found a shop where they're selling the drug, I tried to order some of it using the passphrase, but they denied having it and threw me out instead. Our attempts at finding a second location was unsuccessful and the stakeout didn't find anything either.

Richard is still inside the shop, but once he's out I think it's time to raid the place, though we may want to tip off the authorities first to ensure that they won't interfere, and maybe even get some backup if we need it."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: December 09, 2019, 10:45:19 am »

”what should I do in the meantime?”
I will try to release the golems that you pointed out, so you could stick around and inspect them once they are free. Otherwise, you might follow friend Kara and explore with her.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: December 09, 2019, 10:50:00 am »

”Alright, thanks”
When Clate frees the golems, inspect them to make sure they aren’t damaged

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: December 11, 2019, 05:01:49 am »

Continue to assist Clate with his endeavors, providing wizard eyes as needed.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2488 on: December 11, 2019, 08:58:58 am »

Contemplate moving the magnetism I placed in that one fathom back to the demagnetized neodymium bomb collar from which I took it. I would be using Tzimzvot - Es (Move Elemental Force). Previously, I reinforced Tzimzvot once and Es 5x to place the force into the fathom.

1) Would this be a sufficient Dive to return the force to the collar?
2) What might a material fail look like? (failure on final material roll)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2489 on: December 11, 2019, 12:06:03 pm »

Contemplate moving the magnetism I placed in that one fathom back to the demagnetized neodymium bomb collar from which I took it. I would be using Tzimzvot - Es (Move Elemental Force). Previously, I reinforced Tzimzvot once and Es 5x to place the force into the fathom.

1) Would this be a sufficient Dive to return the force to the collar?
2) What might a material fail look like? (failure on final material roll)

A duplicate dive would be good enough to do what amounts to a duplicate action, yeah.

On the final material roll...Well depending on the severity the magnetism might be spread between the two items, it might be dropped onto the ground, it might be substituted from some other elemental force, etc.

Argon cannot abandon the party because he's a new character who has never met this party. Which appears to have already split itself anyways. I dunno, find me something to do. If you don't want to steer me towards other PCs, start me in Empyrean and get me some pilgrims to follow.

Well there are two groups right now I wouldn't mind dumping you into. The first is the group searching for a drug kingpin so they can make MAD DOSH. The second is a group exploring a giant overgrown crystal ruin. There is a third, but its just Oz playing with himself, so to speak.

Continue to assist Clate with his endeavors, providing wizard eyes as needed.

”Alright, thanks”
When Clate frees the golems, inspect them to make sure they aren’t damaged

Probably they are just dormant. I shall check, but then I must dig straight down. It would seem the reason we have come here is directly below us. The room it is in has flooded with crystal, so to speak

Check the many tiny golems Rhea has found. Are they dormant? If I don't see any danger in getting them out of their crystal prisons, use stoneforming to remove the crystal that is encasing them.

Then, use stoneforming to make myself a way/path/staircase towards the uplink, whatever works. Be careful not to damage the uplink while doing so.

[20] Yikes
You examine the golems but after a close look decide that attempting to free them would be a bad idea. They're so fused into the crystal that it would be like trying to seperate one piece of wet tissue paper from another: they'd probably melt together and tear apart.

[3] A crystal staircase is easier and you slowly send it spiraling downwards, shifting the material you're displacing up into the room and piling it against the walls. After several minutes you manage to clear a thin spiral staircase down to the room where the uplink lies.

"Oooh... Shiny pointy thing! Nice."

Order Crystal Friend to MAGNEL : CARRY the weapon. Any idea of how it is supposed to be used? Does it look like I'd be able to use the weapon while Crystal Friend is carrying it? Or maybe like I could order Crystal Friend to fire it while I'm aiming it?

"Anyway, I'm gonna go see what's on the top floor. Yell if you need anything."

See if I could have Crystal Friend walk on the walls and carry me to the room above. If I'm successful, tie some rope so that others can follow. Else, see if I can throw my grappling hook up there.

Regardless, if I make it up there, have a look around and try to figure out what that place is.

The crystal friend carries it awkwardly; apparently it cannot use it or it isn't designed for such a thing at least. Like a turtle trying to hold a handgun on its back.  Maybe one of the other crystal golem designs would be more suited to it? Or maybe Clate could shift it to be more usable?

You climb onto the crystal friend and ride it straight up the wall  and through the hole in the ceiling, clinging tightly as it traverses upside down. Once you reach the upper rooms you tie a rope to crystal friend and lower it down so others can join you.

This room is mostly empty, save for some sort of large tablet embedded in the wall and a few of those barrels. What purpose it had, you cannot tell.

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 231