Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385669 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #2505 on: December 18, 2019, 05:27:09 am »

((I see Nyw is making the renegade interrupt.))

"Oooh! Shiny clothes! Yay!"
*tail-wagging intensifies*

Poke shroud with rifle. If it doesn't seem dangerous (archeology check maybe?) wear the shiny shroud. Find reflective surface and admire my beautiful shiny shroud.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: December 18, 2019, 07:03:41 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Try to find Kara

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2507 on: December 18, 2019, 07:44:54 am »

Dive: [Tzimsvot](Elemental forces) -> [Es](Move)
Reinforce Tzim once, Es 5x
3 path, 6 reinforce, 9 Nerve rolls.
Move the Magnetism from teh Fathom back to the collar.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: December 18, 2019, 02:00:26 pm »

"Mm, shame. Leave Argon a little, so we can see what stuff's made from? You know, research."
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: December 19, 2019, 01:26:32 am »

"Wonderful!" Argon takes the vial in one hand while idly rubbing another two together.
"Don't have the equipment. Yet. But soon, will see way to make new, safe, not-haze drug! Yes, with dangerous sample, will learn what not to do! As well as purely academic knowledge of purely recreational value!" he says happily.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2511 on: December 19, 2019, 12:09:50 pm »

Clate positively vibrates with excitement. Not only can the crystal race be revived, it had apparently never gone away in the first place. He attempts to communicate further with the overmind.

Why are we dormant, waiting? The other races think we died long ago. Why are we not claiming our rightful place in the world?

Please, what happened to us? What happened to me? I wish to understand.

Questions.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
There are not words, the overmind does not speak your language or even understand the concept of such a thing. Those tablets with their written words were for others, other races, so they could understand. Such things were far too fallible compared with the communion. You simply come to understand.

There is no natural crystal race; they are all converts like yourself. The Crystal existed first and still does; ancient entity from the depths, growing slowly upwards over time so great that you cannot comprehend it.  The crystal race are those who have communed with it, taken it into themselves and become one with it. Some creatures, transitory, fleeting, their lives nothing but a blur of motion like timelapse ants, feared this communion. The crystal sought to bring the truth to them. Violence. A weapon to end the struggle. Backlash, mistake, the crystal's guidance was dulled, its children left to wander in confusion.  The solution, the cause. Deep. Next to the molten heart.

((I see Nyw is making the renegade interrupt.))

"Oooh! Shiny clothes! Yay!"
*tail-wagging intensifies*

Poke shroud with rifle. If it doesn't seem dangerous (archeology check maybe?) wear the shiny shroud. Find reflective surface and admire my beautiful shiny shroud.

Close examination reveals the armor to be non-hazardous and you place it on. Its relatively heavy, as you would expect for armor literally made of rocks, but its not unbearable. And it is extremely shiny and nice; like chainmail made of mother of pearl, but even nicer. If you returned home with this, you'd be the talk of the town.

Try to find Kara
You climb the rope and find Kara modeling her new threads and making content cooing noises.

Dive: [Tzimsvot](Elemental forces) -> [Es](Move)
Reinforce Tzim once, Es 5x
3 path, 6 reinforce, 9 Nerve rolls.
Move the Magnetism from teh Fathom back to the collar.

This works. There are rolls but copying them on this tablet is annoying. So it works.

It Todd Howard Just works (TM)

Nyw lifts the vial up to his mask, staring at it intently.

"...I have no idea what Haze looks like.  Oh well.  Thank you, little moth, you have been most helpful.  Sadly, I have not been entirely honest with you.  I cannot partake in drugs, nor can I in good conscience allow you to indulge in such a destructive pastime as Haze.  However, once I have collected this bounty, you will be paid handsomely for your part.  Once more, thank you!"

Take out the shotgun, leave th3 other hand empty.  Carefully and politely open the door (don't want to cause undue property damage), then charge at the shopkeeper; grab them by the throat and lift them into the air, then loudly demand that they tell Nyw where they got the Haze, or else he will fling them off the walkway to burn in the magma below.  If they're a moth, add in a threat to rip their wings off, first.

If anyone else is present, point the shotgun at them while interrogating the shopkeep.

EDIT: Before all that, pour like 10% of the haze into a different vial and give it to Argon, Egan's character.  Let's just not question why Nyw would be carrying an empty vial, he's an adventurer!

You carefully split the Haze into your adventure vial and then once thats handled, you go harass the shopkeep.

The harassment is fairly standard stuff. Shouting, screaming, involuntary release of fluids. The important bits are as follows.
1. You extract the site of a deaddrop where the drugs and new orders are found
2. You extract the name and description of the original person who recruited this fella
3. Argon notices someone who appears to have been loitering nearby jog off, apparently with a purpose.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: December 19, 2019, 12:47:18 pm »

”Hi Kara, it seems you like the armor you found. If you don’t mind me asking, how did you find your Crystal Friend?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2513 on: December 19, 2019, 07:14:20 pm »

"Yes. Magnificent, isn't it?"
A shiny mount, a shiny gun and now a beautiful shiny armour. Ah, now this is what a Corven girl really needs...
"Oh, this little guy? It was some sort of utility golem I found during our first expedition to a Crystal People ruin. It can repair items of the Crystal race and can also carry large weights. It was wandering around aimlessly in the first room we explored. There was a door we couldn't get through and this little guy looked harmless enough, so I just picked it up, poked the door with it and sure enough it opened. I couldn't really control it though, but luckily Clate found this command rod. Combined with an instruction manual I found, it allows me to control it."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: December 19, 2019, 08:12:40 pm »

"Yes. Magnificent, isn't it?"
A shiny mount, a shiny gun and now a beautiful shiny armour. Ah, now this is what a Corven girl really needs...
"Oh, this little guy? It was some sort of utility golem I found during our first expedition to a Crystal People ruin. It can repair items of the Crystal race and can also carry large weights. It was wandering around aimlessly in the first room we explored. There was a door we couldn't get through and this little guy looked harmless enough, so I just picked it up, poked the door with it and sure enough it opened. I couldn't really control it though, but luckily Clate found this command rod. Combined with an instruction manual I found, it allows me to control it."
Cool. Is it ok with being controlled? How far does control with the device go? Does it still have a will or did the command device force it away?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: December 20, 2019, 09:11:05 am »

Help Clate if possible/needed. If not, go up and check out any remaining barrels (look with wizard eyes first to ensure no deadly surprises await). If also not possible/needed, then could I ask for an update on the last strata of the black book? Any progress?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2516 on: December 21, 2019, 07:59:10 am »

"Nah, I don't think it ever had a will of its own, just a set of instructions for it to follow. After we left the ruins it just sat still doing nothing, until Clate gave me the control rod."

I'm not touching the fishhook net thing, that thing looks dangerous. But the colorful gems might look nice in my museum and they seem like they could fetch a good price, if nothing else. Or maybe I could make them into a crown or something... Anyway, try to scoop the gems up and put them in my purse or some other suitable container.

Anyway, if nothing horrible happens, try to find anything of archeological value like statues or tablets or something that looks like it might have been used in their day to day life.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: December 21, 2019, 09:11:49 am »

’Do you know if a bind still keeps the rest of a creature’s will? I’m thinking of Diving to duplicate an animal and using Gesh to have it protect me, but I don’t that to be its only thought, more like a suggestion”
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 04:54:35 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2518 on: December 21, 2019, 02:13:11 pm »

((It might be simpler to just tame an animal. Or buy one already trained, there's some jewels in a barrel here, you can take them if you want some extra money. I'm not sure what the rules for Gesh are, you can make it your action to think about it. You might not know about it but maybe your character does.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: December 21, 2019, 04:53:27 pm »

Right. Thanks, my previous post was meant to be in torques to Kara. I will fix it to make it more clear
Think about Gesh
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 04:56:43 pm by Naturegirl1999 »
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 231