Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385346 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG: It belongs in a museum!
« Reply #2670 on: March 08, 2020, 11:37:27 am »

Are there any suitable rooms we can use to keep the cultists locked up? That way we would only need a token force to keep them from escaping.

Vote for the first option if it's viable to lock them up, otherwise the second option seems best.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
According to the plans the cops have, there are private reading rooms off of the main room. Four of them on each side. There's also an admin area in the back.  If these rooms are still open and available, it might be possible to shepherd a lot of people into them.

Are there any suitable rooms we can use to keep the cultists locked up? That way we would only need a token force to keep them from escaping.

Vote for the first option if it's viable to lock them up, otherwise the second option seems best.

Yeah, this.  I have nothing to add.

Well, I suppose option 1 it is then.

You all wait for the next major gathering and, as soon as everyone is inside, start moving out, keeping hidden as best as possible on the approach.  The team is set to split into two groups, the civilian wrangling group and the assault group. The civilian wrangling group is just focused on keeping non-hostile cultists under control and blocking any way out. The assault group is tasked specifically with apprehending or killing any attackers or important leaders of the cult.  Nyw and Alex are on the assault team, along with 3 police.  The rest, including the honored dead and Gus & Baxter, are on Wrangling duty, with the Honored Dead holding the main door.

You mount up at the door and Nyw kicks it open.  The room inside has been remodeled a bit but is still clearly an archive. Despite them dragging in tons of chairs and benches the room still has large pillars running down its length instead of the nice open plan a true church would have. The shelves from the old archive have been shoved up against the falls and filled with candles and what look like brass idols, blocking off the reading rooms.  There are what look like 60 or congregants and then 4 people on stage, two Ethral, a human, and at the pulpit, a Mole.  There is a moment here, as the squad pours in, where they congregation is sort of stunned and just watches. A moment to think. The reading rooms being blocked is going to make this harder.  Either of you wants to issue some on the fly orders, now is the time, otherwise things are about to get very loud.

"Well friends, it turns out magma is, in fact, hot and not safe to swim in! Who knew?

Anyways, are you ok, brother Clate?"

Double check Clate just in case. Then check which pieces of the loot are damaged in a way that decreases their usefulness or value.

Then, move the loot over to our bore's hold (wait for it to cool!). Hide it a little, I'unno, put a tarp over it or whatever.

Finally, return to the city our other teammates are in. Could we still help them out with their raid, or are our timelines too desynched for that?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
"Bore crew! Today we have the shiny things! We have not failed!"

Well, given that we couldn't transfer things that weren't made of rock, crystal or metal since they were likely to crumble, I'd say that was a job well done. As long as I have those beautiful Crystal statues, I'm happy.

Help with moving the loot. Does Clate reckon he can move the huge Friend around or is it likely to run out of juice? Also, how easy would it be to sort of merge Huge Friend with the Nameless Nomad, both to reinforce our bore and to make it more resistant to heat.

Anyway, if we're heading back to help the others just find someplace to bury huge Friend and make a treasure map so I don't forget where it is. And also Mark the location on the control room map for good measure.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Help with loading things into the bore

Clate is fine, a bit spicy at the moment but he feels no pain and seems completely unperturbed.

The amount of damage to the loot was minor, the vast majority of it passed by unscathed. A few items are discarded, the rest are loaded into the bore, stashed away in different rooms.

Clate thinks he could move huge friend some more, but that it would likely "Get tired" and only be able to move short distances. As per merging it with the bore, maybe, though it would need some supernatural power lines laid into it, so to speak. Unless you want the bore getting tired too. Regardless, you leave it here for the moment and  mark it on the map.

We'll assume you all made it back to town, 15 fuel used there, and if you hurry you might be able to reach them as the raid continues. Assuming you have an in game reason to know its happening and such.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: March 08, 2020, 11:45:01 am »

”Clate, I’m glad you’re ok. I have. A question about this creature I found” I show Clate the crystal egg creature. ”Do you know if it has thoughts? And if so, could I understand them if I were to hear them? I’m thinking about a dive that would allow the crystal egg creature and I to understand each other’s thoughts”

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: March 08, 2020, 05:46:05 pm »

Bore fuel updated on wiki.

We'll assume you all made it back to town, 15 fuel used there, and if you hurry you might be able to reach them as the raid continues. Assuming you have an in game reason to know its happening and such.
IC we know about the impending raid because our teammates told us before we left to grab Clate.

If that is enough excuse: go there and provide support, stay at the back and use rifle to shoot at troublemakers if needed. Use wizard eyes to scan the building for hidden traps or assailants and to try and spot any fleeing high-ranking members (only give info gotten like this to our teammates, not the npc's). Either way, try to stay near/behind a melee dude in case things get dicey.

If not: go into the city and get prices for the following stuff:
A knife with a dial in it (to make a portal knife that can select its destination endpoint)
One of those easily collapsible/foldable doorways I described earlier (to act as the flexible portal endpoint)
Items/goos related to traveling or transportation that could be used as dive sacrifices. Please give me the total price both for getting enough for a +2, and the price for a +3

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 09:04:38 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2673 on: March 09, 2020, 06:49:44 am »

No orders from me, just rush up and apprehend whoever is closest to an exit. Apply shovel to the face if they resist.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: March 09, 2020, 02:44:25 pm »

”Clate, I’m glad you’re ok. I have. A question about this creature I found” I show Clate the crystal egg creature. ”Do you know if it has thoughts? And if so, could I understand them if I were to hear them? I’m thinking about a dive that would allow the crystal egg creature and I to understand each other’s thoughts”

An interesting find, friend Rhea. Allow me to inspect it, and I shall tell you what I can figure out.

Take a look at Rhea's crystal egg creature. Does it have thoughts, is it a crystal baby, or something else? Also just inpect it with my stonesense in general, and relay all info I figure out to Rhea.

If we go to the raid afterwards, (assuming we are under attack) provide support if needed by stoneforming open the ground beneath our assailant's feet, then quickly closing it up again once their feet fall in. If that's not possible, try to stoneform spikes to shoot at our assailants.

If there are no attackers or we don't get to go to the raid, just chill.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: March 09, 2020, 03:24:08 pm »

”thank you”
Give the crystal egg creature to Clate
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 05:55:59 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2676 on: March 10, 2020, 04:39:46 am »

If we raidin': Find a vantage point overlooking the compound (use grappling hook to climb if necessary) to set up my scoped rifle and provide overwatch to the team conducting the raid. Let them know if anything happens through the radio.

If we chillin': Go see if the crystal tablets we stole acquired have anything resembling literature or if it's just dry recollections of events.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2677 on: March 11, 2020, 12:59:18 pm »

An interesting find, friend Rhea. Allow me to inspect it, and I shall tell you what I can figure out.

Take a look at Rhea's crystal egg creature. Does it have thoughts, is it a crystal baby, or something else? Also just inpect it with my stonesense in general, and relay all info I figure out to Rhea.

If we go to the raid afterwards, (assuming we are under attack) provide support if needed by stoneforming open the ground beneath our assailant's feet, then quickly closing it up again once their feet fall in. If that's not possible, try to stoneform spikes to shoot at our assailants.

”thank you”
Give the crystal egg creature to Clate
It appears to be a crystal golem in some sort of larval state.  What it needs to progress...Clate isn't entirely sure. Maybe more exposure to the power of the Crystal Overmind?

IC we know about the impending raid because our teammates told us before we left to grab Clate.

If that is enough excuse: go there and provide support, stay at the back and use rifle to shoot at troublemakers if needed. Use wizard eyes to scan the building for hidden traps or assailants and to try and spot any fleeing high-ranking members (only give info gotten like this to our teammates, not the npc's). Either way, try to stay near/behind a melee dude in case things get dicey.

A knife with a dial in it (to make a portal knife that can select its destination endpoint)
One of those easily collapsible/foldable doorways I described earlier (to act as the flexible portal endpoint)
Items/goos related to traveling or transportation that could be used as dive sacrifices. Please give me the total price both for getting enough for a +2, and the price for a +3

If we raidin': Find a vantage point overlooking the compound (use grappling hook to climb if necessary) to set up my scoped rifle and provide overwatch to the team conducting the raid. Let them know if anything happens through the radio.

If we chillin': Go see if the crystal tablets we stole acquired have anything resembling literature or if it's just dry recollections of events.

No orders from me, just rush up and apprehend whoever is closest to an exit. Apply shovel to the face if they resist.

Yeah, this.  I have nothing to add.

The Wrangling team immediately wades into the fray, moving down the center aisle and attempt to corral all the congregants against the walls under threat of opening fire.  The Mole, who has until now been entirely motionless, suddenly drops down into a fighting stance and palm strikes the heavy iron pulpit. The pulpit, along with a chunk of the stage, vanishes. A blur of metal strikes the old Honored dead and he, along with the doors and a fair bit of wall, are blown back out of the building. Kara, outside in her sniper nest, sees what looks like an explosion and and debris spray out of the hole that used to be the front entrance.

Adam opens fire on the Mole [6] and the shot grazes its left shoulder, blowing off a bit of hair and skin.

Clate finds little stone -apparently these walls and floors are made of metal and some sort of paste like substance- in the room to use to constrict the assailants, so he instead summons up a spray of small stone spikes from outside the blown open door.  [15] He sprays the human beside the mole with a dozen of them, bringing the man down in an instant.

Alex and Nyw rush the stage to attack the remaining Ethral and the Mole.  Alex chooses to focus on the ethral while Nyw engages the Mole. [7][14]  Alex swats one of the Moth's upside the head with his shovel, knocking it off the platform and, judging by the spray of ichor, probably nearly hacking its head in half. The other charges him with a rapier like sword. Alex, overbalanced by his swing, takes a full thrust straight to the chest and staggers back as the Ethral leaps away with a flap of wings.  An instant later Alex's flowing blood has crystalize not only into a copy of the rapier but into the same horrifying creature on his back, its multiple arms each carrying a rapier of their own.

Nyw swings a Murakumo slash at the mole and actually hits dead on, right at the crook where the Mole's left shoulder ends and his thick neck begins. However, the blade doesn't bite into the flesh, it instead draws a burst of sparkling light and rebounds off him as though it had been swung into a wall. [1] The mole counters with another palm strike but Nyw not only avoids the force of it but redirects the blow with a slight strike to the Mole's wrist. The great blast of air and invisible force which erupts from the mole's palm misses Nyw and instead strikes the remaining Ethral as it backs away from Alex, blowing it straight through the shelves and side wall...in a few pieces.

Hotfire90

Re: DIG: Everybody was kung fu fighting
« Reply #2678 on: March 11, 2020, 01:45:01 pm »

Alex turns his attention to the mole, pointing the blood rapier at him. "Surrender now and you won't die!"

Offer the mole a chance to surrender. Let my phantom attack first, then lunge forward with my own rapier.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2679 on: March 12, 2020, 01:49:23 pm »

((Heh. Time for Alex's stand to fight the mole martial arts master. Maybe he's a stand user too?))

I hope you guys are fine.

Check the surrounding area, see how the inhabitants are reacting to the noise, let the team know if I spot anything noteworthy (noteworthy in the "that might try to arrest/kill/lynch you" way, not in the "oh there's a naked Ethral over there" way). If I see someone being a direct threat to the team and I have a clear shot, try to take them out, otherwise hold fire and observe for now.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 10:47:23 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: March 13, 2020, 03:38:26 am »

Use wizard eyes on moleboy, try to determine if his 'powers’ are diving-based or not. Based on that, could I determine any vulnerabilities?

If I see an opportunity to take another shot at said moleboy, do so, but not if he’s too entangled with a friendly to have a clear shot.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: March 13, 2020, 06:03:05 am »

how would one give it the exposure? Could I use myself as a transfer point to give to the egg? Like how a wire transfers electricity from one point to another, point A being the overmind, the wire being me, and point B being the egg? I’d imagine Yengenze would be used for this, but I’m sure others would be used as well
She looks towards the egg I will help you

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: March 14, 2020, 10:44:36 am »

how would one give it the exposure? Could I use myself as a transfer point to give to the egg? Like how a wire transfers electricity from one point to another, point A being the overmind, the wire being me, and point B being the egg? I’d imagine Yengenze would be used for this, but I’m sure others would be used as well
She looks towards the egg I will help you

An excellent question. I assume the exposure should have been automatic in the past. Sadly, the overmind is currently disconnected from the rest of the crystal. I suppose you could take the egg to a conduit in one of the crystal ruins, but those conduits are rare.

I have no idea how your diving magic works, so I'm afraid I can't help you there.

Hold steady and observe how the moleman situation plays out. If it attacks or another threat presents itself, try and do the same thing as I did last turn with the rock pellets.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: March 16, 2020, 03:20:20 pm »

((This is the second time Nyw has rolled a [1] for defense, despite already having max defense skill.  It's also the second time he's rolled a [1] for any skill.  :< ))

Welp.  Hacking at him with a giant sword didn't work, but punching his wrist did... sheathe the murakumo (or drop it if I can't cheese hammerspace mechanics without penalty), then grab/grapple the mole.  Ideally, pin him facedown while holding his wrists, but failing that, bodily pick him up and throw him into Alex's phantom.  Teamwork!

...I hope wrestling counts as unarmed combat.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: March 16, 2020, 03:42:35 pm »

Use my cleaver on the mole if Clate’s rock pellets don’t do what is intended
after the fight, would you be willing to help me find a conduit?
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 231