Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 385345 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Everybody was kung fu fighting
« Reply #2835 on: May 03, 2020, 03:25:19 pm »

Check the Crystal Texts to search for locations of old Bird people settlements (if they even had settlements and they weren't nomadic). See if there's any correlation with modern Corven settlements and sightings of Fire Singers (assuming their existence is something I would know about). I'm interested both in learning about any possible connection and in finding any locations of ancient bird people settlements that could be explored to learn more about them.

Also check the Crystal Texts for references to the Giant Door that makes things behind it very large and that place the explorer's guild wants us to explore to accept us as members.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: May 03, 2020, 05:11:54 pm »

((If I looked at the map correctly, we used only about 25 fuel, feel free to correct me if I made a dumb. If nobody corrects this I'll deduce fathoms next turn to refuel the bore on the wiki.

Also, drugbust team, did you guys ever decide how much, if any, of the bounty to put into the team fund for bore upgrades and such?

Crystal explo peeps, as far as I know there were 4 of us really active during that mission: Clate, Kara, Rhea and Adam. Is this correct, or am I forgetting someone?))

Make arrangements for a meeting with a church official in the near future, preferably Deepwalker Leon if he is available.

About those crystal tablets we 'borrowed', could Clate create a full copy of the library with crystalshaping in a reasonable time? Alternatively, could we transcribe them in a reasonable timeframe?

Can we get a quote for the following bore repairs (individually please, taking into account the reduction we get in Anvil):
- repairing/replacing the drill
- getting that glass orb 'o doom outta there.

Finally, if we were to sell our warehouse in Anvil, how much would get us?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 05:45:13 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2837 on: May 04, 2020, 12:53:44 am »

Stroll casually and carefully about, examining the passing items for things of interest. In particular, portable musical devices and of course, portable brains or information processing machines.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: May 04, 2020, 04:40:51 am »

Alex walk up to Nyw, holding a book in his hand. "Hey Nyw do you know where all the other books are? I'm almost done with my set and I couldn't find the others on the bore."

"...No."

((Nyw carried a bunch of books out of the group dive, but I genuinely do not recall what was done with them.  I probably just threw them at someone who wanted them, but I really wasn't paying much attention.

Edit: I checked, see this post and the following one (from just over a year ago!).  Apparently Nyw dropped his books (twenty-five in total) off at the Ethral archives to be translated with Drett's books.  Looking at it, there seems to have been some confusion--my boldtext implies that they got to keep the books, but I also said it'd be the same deal as Drett got, and Drett's turn says the books would be returned to the warehouse along with translations and a bill for the work done.))

Also, drugbust team, did you guys ever decide how much, if any, of the bounty to put into the team fund for bore upgrades and such?

((Nyw took 800 of the 3000 fathoms as his share.  If Alex also takes 800, that'll leave 1400 for the team fund, but I'unno how much money Hotfire even wants.  Other than the two of us, and the big battle at the end, I think we mostly only had randos popping in for a turn or two.))

The adventure kids get to have the armor, new guns, and black flames.  Two smoke bombs for each too, just in case.

Return the two rifles that the kids had been running around with, and 10 fathoms, to the bore.  (Already edited this into the fund page)

Spend awhile lecturing the new inmates/crew on their new duties.  Specifically, a few of them are now assigned to prepare food for everyone else (they can decide who, Nyw knows nothing about food), the rest get to clean up the bore and warehouse a bit, and then loaf around.  Nyw will watch them go about their duties, making sure nobody flees, and then will spend 20f buying them alcohol once they're done.  To celebrate their recruitment into the crew or something.

Edit: I went searching through the thread for something else, and found a post where someone bought injectible tranquilizers for 3f each, in Anvil.  Nyw's had to restrain a number of people lately, so go buy ten of those.  -30f.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: May 04, 2020, 05:48:12 am »

((I'd personally be fine with everyone on the crystal explo team also taking 800 per person, leaving 1800 for the team fund. Then if we also dump the proceeds from eg. selling (copies of) the crystal tablets, selling that cult chest and the info on the cult to the church into the team fund, we'll have a lot of money to upgrade our bore with.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: May 04, 2020, 06:41:39 am »

((iirc hotfire claimed in Discord last week that he'd wanted to split the reward between Alex and Nyw, not leaving any for the team fund or otherwise. Something about you two being the only ones who did anything on that front. I'm fine with that myself.))

Hotfire90

« Reply #2841 on: May 04, 2020, 06:48:02 am »

((I knew that the books were brought to the archives for translating, I was just waiting for the perfect opportunity to mention the books and then reclaim them.))

"Gah! How can they be missing? Where did you even lose them? It can't have been in Chamel, and the only other towns we were at were Anvil and Empyrean. They better not be in Empyrean, the absolute last thing I need to know is that the Church has acquired my books for themselves."

Increase persuasion to 2 and armorsmith to 1. Claim my share of 1500 fathoms, leaving 700 for the rest of the team.

Start the search for the missing books at the Ethral Archive, if anyone knows more about the missing books it's them.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: May 04, 2020, 08:41:25 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dive to Konis, because of lightning being weather, then to Jal for shielding. Reinforce Jal 2 times. Purpose of dive is to shield myself from lightning
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 10:31:52 am by Naturegirl1999 »

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: May 04, 2020, 09:28:14 am »

Hey Adam, after we've grabbed these repairs what's the plan? There are some ruins near here, know nothing about them but they're really not far away. Other than that I want to grab some material sacrifices for my arm but I need the fathoms, so is there anything you suggest job wise around here?

Attempt again to make a spooky bone guitar using my occult knowledge, then if I succeed at this try a basic spooky music tune.

Spoiler: Ony (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 10:13:51 am by banelord »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: May 04, 2020, 10:01:31 am »

Hey Adam, after we've grabbed these repairs what's the plan? There are some ruins near here, know nothing about them but they're really not far away. Other than that I want to grab some material sacrifices for my arm but I need the fathoms, so is there anything you suggest job wise around here?

Attempt again to make a spooky bone guitar using my occult knowledge, then if I succeed at this try one of the basic music pieces AsHul has developed.

"We have no specific plans yet. We could indeed go and explore those ruins, or follow up on that dangerous cult if the church wants us to. Or something else, we have a lot of leads.

If you would like to do some smal jobs for some quick cash, I would suggest taking a look at the bounty board here in Anvil."

((I'd propose we first do the repairs and upgrades, then collect our mission/job options into a small list and just vote on what we do after this. More info about that bounty board here: https://dig.fandom.com/wiki/Anvil#The_Bounty_Boards))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: May 06, 2020, 09:12:32 am »

Keep on keeping an eye on Rhea as she dives. Can't let these unsanctioned psykers out of your sight.

Help with tablet translating/transcribing if people come for my help with that sort of thing. While translating, keep an eye out for info pertaining to schlucks, the overmind, and crystal people golem making and stoneforming. Just in case some juicy info comes up.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2846 on: May 06, 2020, 12:50:20 pm »

Check the Crystal Texts to search for locations of old Bird people settlements (if they even had settlements and they weren't nomadic). See if there's any correlation with modern Corven settlements and sightings of Fire Singers (assuming their existence is something I would know about). I'm interested both in learning about any possible connection and in finding any locations of ancient bird people settlements that could be explored to learn more about them.

Also check the Crystal Texts for references to the Giant Door that makes things behind it very large and that place the explorer's guild wants us to explore to accept us as members.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Nothing about the door, but you do find some references to the location of bird settlements. The only one you can really make heads or tails of is the one that is "Beyond the great falls" which you take to mean the "Fathomless Falls" near Mistcliff. Whether they're talking about the fault that contains the falls or the ancient cavern system below it, you're not sure. The fault seems the most likely though, since birds would likely be a lot more at home there than in a cavern whose only entrance is beyond miles of flooded caverns.

((If I looked at the map correctly, we used only about 25 fuel, feel free to correct me if I made a dumb. If nobody corrects this I'll deduce fathoms next turn to refuel the bore on the wiki.

Crystal explo peeps, as far as I know there were 4 of us really active during that mission: Clate, Kara, Rhea and Adam. Is this correct, or am I forgetting someone?))

Make arrangements for a meeting with a church official in the near future, preferably Deepwalker Leon if he is available.

About those crystal tablets we 'borrowed', could Clate create a full copy of the library with crystalshaping in a reasonable time? Alternatively, could we transcribe them in a reasonable timeframe?

Can we get a quote for the following bore repairs (individually please, taking into account the reduction we get in Anvil):
- repairing/replacing the drill
- getting that glass orb 'o doom outta there.

Finally, if we were to sell our warehouse in Anvil, how much would get us?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Leon isn't currently available, he's somewhere in the depths, apparently in the unmapped areas near Fire's Blessing. Its unknown when He'll be back. He has left word though, that if you want to speak with someone you should speak with his protege who is supposed to still be in Eclipse.

He could.

Replacing the drill with a new one would cost 300 fathoms for a simple swap. The cost of removing the orb depends on who is doing it. If you bring it to the church, they might pay YOU to take it for themselves. If you ask a normal bore company, something in the 100-150 fathom range.

If you clean it up, patch some of the holes, etc, couple thousand. As is...1-1.5k

Stroll casually and carefully about, examining the passing items for things of interest. In particular, portable musical devices and of course, portable brains or information processing machines.

You move slowly down the catwalk, looking all around you for anything that could be useful to you. After about 5 minutes of fruitless searching you fall on your butt as the floor of the catwalk begins to move under your feet. You look down and find that the catwalk is actually a conveyor belt and you're now being shuttled along. In the distance you see a series of mechanical arms sliding down into place on rails next to the catwalk turned conveyor belt. They don't look friendly.

Alex walk up to Nyw, holding a book in his hand. "Hey Nyw do you know where all the other books are? I'm almost done with my set and I couldn't find the others on the bore."

"...No."

((Nyw carried a bunch of books out of the group dive, but I genuinely do not recall what was done with them.  I probably just threw them at someone who wanted them, but I really wasn't paying much attention.

Edit: I checked, see this post and the following one (from just over a year ago!).  Apparently Nyw dropped his books (twenty-five in total) off at the Ethral archives to be translated with Drett's books.  Looking at it, there seems to have been some confusion--my boldtext implies that they got to keep the books, but I also said it'd be the same deal as Drett got, and Drett's turn says the books would be returned to the warehouse along with translations and a bill for the work done.))

((Nyw took 800 of the 3000 fathoms as his share.  If Alex also takes 800, that'll leave 1400 for the team fund, but I'unno how much money Hotfire even wants.  Other than the two of us, and the big battle at the end, I think we mostly only had randos popping in for a turn or two.))

The adventure kids get to have the armor, new guns, and black flames.  Two smoke bombs for each too, just in case.

Return the two rifles that the kids had been running around with, and 10 fathoms, to the bore.  (Already edited this into the fund page)

Spend awhile lecturing the new inmates/crew on their new duties.  Specifically, a few of them are now assigned to prepare food for everyone else (they can decide who, Nyw knows nothing about food), the rest get to clean up the bore and warehouse a bit, and then loaf around.  Nyw will watch them go about their duties, making sure nobody flees, and then will spend 20f buying them alcohol once they're done.  To celebrate their recruitment into the crew or something.

Edit: I went searching through the thread for something else, and found a post where someone bought injectible tranquilizers for 3f each, in Anvil.  Nyw's had to restrain a number of people lately, so go buy ten of those.  -30f.

Nyw and his newly upgraded adventure lads oversee the work of the new "hires", mostly sticking outside the bore and directing cleaning and restoration of the warehouse. No one tries to make a run for it, at least not yet. A few still seem to be following the cult's dogma and are being very quiet, while the others range between grumbling about injustice and just being glad to not be in prison.

Most seem to enjoy the booze afterwards though.

((I knew that the books were brought to the archives for translating, I was just waiting for the perfect opportunity to mention the books and then reclaim them.))

"Gah! How can they be missing? Where did you even lose them? It can't have been in Chamel, and the only other towns we were at were Anvil and Empyrean. They better not be in Empyrean, the absolute last thing I need to know is that the Church has acquired my books for themselves."

Increase persuasion to 2 and armorsmith to 1. Claim my share of 1500 fathoms, leaving 700 for the rest of the team.

Start the search for the missing books at the Ethral Archive, if anyone knows more about the missing books it's them.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
You'll have to remind me what the "Missing books" are. The other stuff consider done.

Attempt again to make a spooky bone guitar using my occult knowledge, then if I succeed at this try a basic spooky music tune.

Spoiler: Ony (click to show/hide)
[20]
Ony runs out of the workshop and slams the door behind him. Something behind the door is banging against it and making a sound like 50 gallons of spaghetti being sucked through a rubber hose.

"ASSISTANCE REQUIRED! MUSIC HAS TOO MUCH SOUL OVER HERE!"

Keep on keeping an eye on Rhea as she dives. Can't let these unsanctioned psykers out of your sight.

Help with tablet translating/transcribing if people come for my help with that sort of thing. While translating, keep an eye out for info pertaining to schlucks, the overmind, and crystal people golem making and stoneforming. Just in case some juicy info comes up.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dive to Konis, because of lightning being weather, then to Jal for shielding. Reinforce Jal 2 times. Purpose of dive is to shield myself from lightning
[14 + 7 + 1 + 13 + 19][4,19]
[18,5]

At the same time Clate gets blasted out a door and bounces down to the level blow, wreathed in electrical discharge. If he was fleshy this would probably be very bad but given that he is literally a rock it only seems to annoy him.  Rhea comes floating out of the room, hovering in a corona of electricity, body bent backwards and limbs contorted as all her muscles tighten and spasm. She opens her mouth and screams a noise like thunder before drifting up towards the cockpit.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile

Return from the mysterious realm of the conspicuous background characters to help fight the horrors that have made themselves present. Don’t do anything yet, but shoot the guitar-demon if it emerges.

Also, I leveled up, just STR and DEX

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Clate, annoyed and slightly disoriented, gets out his radio

... . -. -.. / .... .- .-.. .--.

-.. .. ...- . .-. / .- .-- --- .-.. / --- -. / -... --- .-. .

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Clate, annoyed and slightly disoriented, gets out his radio

... . -. -.. / .... .- .-.. .--.

-.. .. ...- . .-. / .- .-- --- .-.. / --- -. / -... --- .-. .
Tell me if the translation is wrong
send?hal?iver?awol?on?bor?
the website I used to convert
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 231