Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 386401 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: They call it Mad science because it makes everyone really angry.
« Reply #2985 on: June 24, 2020, 12:51:02 pm »

"Right. Nyw, Alex, can any of you help me with this? I'm thinking they're more likely to listen to you than to me, or at least they're more likely to listen to me when you're with me." ((Also, Alex has our best persuasion stat and is a human.))

Approach the crowd and let them know that for their own safety and to ensure they won't interfere with the completion of our mission, we need them to back away to a safe distance. Hopefully with Nyw and Alex helping me I can just stand in the back and look pretty.

Clate scoots up to Kara

Friend Kara, would you like one of my Black Flame Golems? Their only functions are being fast and having a black flame mounted on them. In case another we meet any new diving shenanigans.
"Wow! For me? It's very pretty!"
Kara went for a hug but then transitioned to an awkward petting of sorts, Clate's strange geometry leaving her unsure of how exactly one would hug him. Still, she wanted to express her emotions, even though she was not certain about whether or not Clate would feel it.
"Thank you Clate! It's a very thoughtful gift. I'll try not to use it unless I really have to, so that I won't forget that you gave this to me." Plus, this will look great in my museum!

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: June 24, 2020, 02:43:01 pm »

Wait in the crawler this round.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2987 on: June 24, 2020, 02:47:20 pm »

Follow Kara outside and handle the talking. Tell the crowd that they need to disperse for their own safety and that they would otherwise interfere with important church affairs. Show them my black flame for good measure.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: June 24, 2020, 02:50:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wait in the crawler

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: June 24, 2020, 04:11:34 pm »

Kara went for a hug but then transitioned to an awkward petting of sorts, Clate's strange geometry leaving her unsure of how exactly one would hug him. Still, she wanted to express her emotions, even though she was not certain about whether or not Clate would feel it.
"Thank you Clate! It's a very thoughtful gift. I'll try not to use it unless I really have to, so that I won't forget that you gave this to me." Plus, this will look great in my museum!

Clate remains completely still throughout the hug, unsure of what friend Kara is even doing. Being made of crystal has made physical contact lose a lot of its meaning, compared to before.

Oh, don't worry, you can throw it around. They are simple things that I'm sure I could mass produce these if I wanted. If you ever desire a more bespoke, "high tech" -how nice it is to be able to use actual, written quotes when conversing- Golem, feel free to ask. No promises, but I'll certainly give it a try.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: June 25, 2020, 05:46:43 am »

Stand with Alex, but stay silent for risk of saying something stupid.  Maybe just nod along as he talks to lend some honorable air to it or whatever.  Stay behind and guard for a short time after the crawler continues on, to make sure nobody follows.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2991 on: June 25, 2020, 11:47:11 am »

Sure. You can assume refilling at any city you like.
Donezo.

Like before, this entire place is basically absence of space to your eyes. Their inability to see "magic" means this entire place is a wash for your special vision.

Does the environment being magic also interfere with my ability to eg. use wizard eyes on people walking around here (assuming said people are non-magic)?

: We seem to have picked up a 'tail'. Some pilgrims that are a bit too excited about whatever it is we might potentially do. Do you think we should do something about them? I could try convincing them they should keep their distance, for their safety. Or we could just scare them away, but I don't think that would help our reputation. Plus, it would not feel right to leave them in the tunnels undefended, even though it's their own lack of good judgment that brought them here. You hu- guys know best when it comes to matters of the church and how these sort of people think, so I'd like to hear your opinion first. :

"I would definitely tell them to move away. Them interfering or getting in harms way would pose a risk to themselves, to us and to our mission. I think we should have Nyw tell them not to follow us, perhaps with some sort of pretext or excuse, since the command of an honored dead ought to mean something."

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Nay, but they will appear to just be floating in nothing.

Stand with Alex, but stay silent for risk of saying something stupid.  Maybe just nod along as he talks to lend some honorable air to it or whatever.  Stay behind and guard for a short time after the crawler continues on, to make sure nobody follows.

You put your hands on your hips and do your level best to just look intimidating. Its not hard.

"Right. Nyw, Alex, can any of you help me with this? I'm thinking they're more likely to listen to you than to me, or at least they're more likely to listen to me when you're with me." ((Also, Alex has our best persuasion stat and is a human.))

Approach the crowd and let them know that for their own safety and to ensure they won't interfere with the completion of our mission, we need them to back away to a safe distance. Hopefully with Nyw and Alex helping me I can just stand in the back and look pretty.

Clate scoots up to Kara

Friend Kara, would you like one of my Black Flame Golems? Their only functions are being fast and having a black flame mounted on them. In case another we meet any new diving shenanigans.

Follow Kara outside and handle the talking. Tell the crowd that they need to disperse for their own safety and that they would otherwise interfere with important church affairs. Show them my black flame for good measure.
[12]
Kara announces to everyone the danger of staying nearby and the need for them to back up. She then proceeds to walk towards them, making hand gestures and telling them repeatedly to back up, that there is nothing to see here, that everything is fine, and to return to their homes. She manages to back them all a good few hundred feet up before telling them to at least stay this far away.  She gets the feeling they'll probably start slowly weaseling back towards the group over time but for the moment they're safe. Well, safe as can be for whats about to happen.

Wait in the crawler
Wait in the crawler this round.

Rhea and Ashul spend the 10 or so minutes it takes Kara to shoo the lookyloos playing "eye spy".  It doesn't go very well because they can never figure out anything other than "Golden idol" or "Fleshy nightmare corridor".
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 11:49:22 am by piecewise »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2992 on: June 25, 2020, 12:25:22 pm »

"You think we should leave someone here to watch over them? To make sure that nothing ambushes them? And that they don't do anything stupid?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: June 25, 2020, 07:08:24 pm »

"Perhaps Friend Clate wold be willing to erect a small barrier to dissuade their return. Ah,, but make sure we can safely traverse the barrier the opposite direction, should that be necessary.

Friend Alex. Are you committed to your goal of conversing with the monster?"

Exit the crawler and approach the Cist, carrying the neodymium collar. Leave teh bomb in the crawler. Don't want the Ancient to be forewarned. DO NOT open the Cist yet, but take up position to do so.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 08:55:16 pm by Ozarck »

Hotfire90

« Reply #2994 on: June 26, 2020, 08:16:48 am »

Friend Alex. Are you committed to your goal of conversing with the monster?"
"I remain committed and I'm ready to go inside right now."

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: June 26, 2020, 07:00:21 pm »

"I'm gonna follow along, just in case something goes horribly wrong and I need to spray bullets.

Follow from a distance.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: June 26, 2020, 07:51:20 pm »

Maybe I could go out and watch them, Someone needs to be there to make sure they don’t go farther in.

Exit the crawler and watch the people following us to make sure they don’t continue to follow the crawler

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2997 on: June 27, 2020, 10:00:43 am »

"Thanks Rhea. We'll let you know how it goes through our radios. If anything happens, contact us and I'll have the crawler back here as fast as I can."

Take the crawler a bit further down the tunnel, maybe just before the door becomes visible, so that we can easily reach it and use it to run away quickly, should it come to that.

"Alex, AsHul, I'll have Crystal Friend on standby close to you. The moment things get dangerous, I want you to get on it. I'll order it to take you back to the Crawler as fast as it can."

Have Crystal Friend on standby close to Alex and AsHul. The idea being that if things go south I'll order it to come back so that they can ride it back to the crawler.

Set up the telegrabber somewhere near the crawler, aiming at the Cist door. Transfer the Scope and Bipod from the Ethral Rifle to it, if it would help.
If things turn really badly I might be able to grab Alex's head before running and then have AsHul revive him. Again. The stasis enchantment should help keep his head "fresh".

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: June 28, 2020, 09:46:11 am »

((Banelord, remember to post your sheet with your action.  I think it was last posted here.))

Tell Gus to accompany Rhea, and assist her in keeping the dumb civvies away and out of trouble.  They both have proper adventurer getups, hopefully they'll look serious enough to dissuade people from ignoring them...

As for Nyw, stand near the crawler, just far enough ahead to see the cist.  Watch carefully as Ashul and Alex approach.  Both murakumos drawn, ready for combat.  With any luck, his presence here is unnecessary, but our luck isn't great.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2999 on: June 28, 2020, 10:23:28 am »

Approach the cist and wait for the door to be opened.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 231