Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 392276 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG: Heresy
« Reply #3090 on: July 30, 2020, 10:23:03 am »

(I'm getting ready to take the trip back home, so this may bet posted this morning, this evening, or tomorrow depending on availability. Just a heads up)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3091 on: July 30, 2020, 11:08:07 am »

Everyone gets ready, setting themselves up to move on the signal, preparing to orchestrate a single, highly interconnected action. Their parts are all known, their interactions studied, their purpose clear. Open door, pull Alex free, push the bomb in, close the door, run. They've talked it out and practiced, there is nothing left but to do it.

Ashul, who has to be closest when it all happens, positions himself next to the door, but ready to run. With after a few moments prep, running through the motions once more in his head, he activates the door. He runs as it opens, hitting the switch on the bomb as he passes and continuing on at a lopsided gallop on deformed legs. The door opens in its strange, deflating way, and as the fleshy membrane slides and reveals the bright interior, Adam and Clate go to work. Adam activates a dive as soon as he has eyes on Alex and yanks the man clear of the cist, teleporting him into the coffin with a dull thump of air rebounding into the space he used to occupy. Then Clate pushes the bomb in. He gets... a bit overzealous and the bomb ends up being tossed in as though from a catapult, tumbling towards the warrior. The warrior, seemingly expecting such a thing, catches it with one hand, sliding back a foot or two from the force. And then The door is already closing, Ashul gesturing for it to do so as he dives into cover.

And then there is a long pause as everyone hunkers down and covers their ears, uncertain what to expect. Will there be any noise? Any rumble or shaking? Will the door blow open? Will the tunnel collapse? Many have their eyes closed, while Nyw keeps steady watch on the image reflected in his knife. How many seconds has it been? 5? 10?  They count to themselves. When everyone's count passes 30, they open their eyes and look at the door. It is unchanged. They look to each other and then back at the door. Has it gone off? They didn't feel anything, physical or mental. They believed they would feel the mental shockwave at least.

Everyone is silent, watching the door. A minute passes. Nothing changes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3092 on: July 30, 2020, 11:32:18 am »

"Maybe that room is better insulated than we thought?" Kara made a hopeful suggestion.
"Do you feel like it's dead, AsHul? Will that thing tell you immediately when it's done?" she adds while pointing at the sword above his head.

"Alex, are you OK? Can you hear us?" she asks while peeking into the coffin to make sure there isn't any blood.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:35:20 am by Parisbre56 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #3093 on: July 30, 2020, 12:31:51 pm »

"I'm fine, but could someone explain why I was teleported into what appears to be a stone coffin?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3094 on: July 30, 2020, 01:01:29 pm »

"Paranoia, in my opinion. But I'll let our Cthonic friends explain their reasons so that I won't misrepresent them. Rest assured they have agreed that no harm will come upon you if you are not a danger to us. This is just a temporary inconvenience."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: They call it Mad science because it makes everyone really angry.
« Reply #3095 on: July 30, 2020, 03:14:57 pm »

"You are the one who has some explaining to do, Alex.

I suspect the Warrior has disabled the bomb. How disappointing. Not as disappointing as treachery, but unfortunate nonetheless."

Commune with the Saint. Does the Saint indicate that the threat is still there? Does the Saint give any hint as to how these Warriors were defeated in the past?

Hotfire90

« Reply #3096 on: July 30, 2020, 06:07:01 pm »

"Treachery? Very well. Tell me AsHul, against whom did I commit treachery? And what evidence do you have to support your conclusion?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: July 30, 2020, 11:21:57 pm »

"We will hear your explanations later. There is yet work to be done. Work we cannot risk you compromising further."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: August 03, 2020, 07:24:01 am »

Remain on guard.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: August 03, 2020, 09:39:51 am »

Remain ready to have all lazer capable golems &myself fire on the warrior in case it comes out swinging.

If it doesnot come out swinging, just stay and guard and watch what happens.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3100 on: August 03, 2020, 11:04:22 am »

"You are the one who has some explaining to do, Alex.

I suspect the Warrior has disabled the bomb. How disappointing. Not as disappointing as treachery, but unfortunate nonetheless."

Commune with the Saint. Does the Saint indicate that the threat is still there? Does the Saint give any hint as to how these Warriors were defeated in the past?

[16]
You receive no true answer, just a vague feeling of unease. You're missing something here. Physical and mental make up this thing, the cloak and the body. Is there a third aspect?  Maybe...though more likely the bastard just cut the bomb in half before it could detonate. Your dive was contingent on the bomb going off after all...if SOMEONE let it slip that the bomb had a mind killer effect then the warrior might have counteracted it with that knowledge. Tedious. TEDIOUS.

Remain ready to have all lazer capable golems &myself fire on the warrior in case it comes out swinging.

If it doesnot come out swinging, just stay and guard and watch what happens.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Remain on guard.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Everyone stays on guard but as the seconds tick by, they start glancing over at Ashul more and more. Ashul, for his part, is just standing there, staring at the cist door and rubbing his chin. He's clearly thinking, though they can't guess what about.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3101 on: August 03, 2020, 12:56:10 pm »

"Maybe we can make the next one contact-detonated? Or maybe we could make some sort of dive-enhanced sword for Nyw and some dive enhanced bullets for the rest of us?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: August 03, 2020, 11:49:22 pm »

"Alex," AsHul calls softly, still stroking his chin and staring at  the door,
"what did you tell the Warrior about us. About our plans?"

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: August 04, 2020, 11:25:16 am »

Spoiler: Ony (click to show/hide)

Ony hands out 3 of the helmets to Ashul, Adam and Clate, wears one himself and readies the BOOLET MASHINE in case of sudden exit of horrors.

Hotfire90

« Reply #3104 on: August 04, 2020, 08:34:36 pm »

"I didn't tell it anything it didn't already know. I did learn quite a few interesting things while talking to it, like what it's capable of, how it's related to Nyw and also about the origin and past of the Chthonic Church."
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 231