Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Island [SG]  (Read 2636 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Island [SG]
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 01:29:59 pm »

Action:
>Attempt to make a spear using the stick as a handle, the metal piece as a head (lets try and sharpen it into a spear shape first if possible), and the torn rags to help give a grip.
I think the metal piece is to big for that but other wise I say +1 to the idea.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2018, 04:57:00 am »

Island
an SG

The last rays of light are fading from the sky, so you make a mental note of the position of your fallen tree and return to your stash.You 

You decide that you should make some sort of spear for defense or hunting or something. You consider weather it would be possible to affix you metal sheet to your stick, but that would make more of a metal flag than anything, so you decide that its a silly idea. Instead, you strip down the stick as much as you can, and rub one end into a rock as best you can until it is more or less pointy. Then you wrap one of the rags around the base and tie it off to make a handle of sorts. It's dull, top heavy, and kinda scratchy, but it does have a point and could theoretically puncture something if it was kinda soft, or if there was enough force behind it.

You are not completely exhausted, but without a source of light you can't see well enough to do anything else. You crawl under your lean-to and curl up on your remaining rags. The forest is dark behind you, but the rhythmic sounds of the ocean soon lull you into sleep. The day is done.

You awaken early to the sounds of birds in the trees. The sun is just breaking over the horizon. You brush the sand off of your ragged cloths and take stock of yourself. Your living conditions are fairly poor, and you feel like you probably won't be performing at your best living like this.

You have enough water for the day in your bottle, and you can eat one of your food bars for today, but that will soon run out. Smilodon, or Smile as you call him for short, has managed to eat the ghost crab during the night. You suppose it's probably good that he is taking care of himself.

What will you do today?

Spoiler: Your Stash (click to show/hide)

The sun just breaking over the ocean. It is early morning. You have a full day ahead of you..
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2018, 05:19:42 am »

Go and look at the beach and see if anything new washed up, then go further down the beach and see if anything interesting washed up further down.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2018, 05:39:17 am »

Go and look at the beach and see if anything new washed up, then go further down the beach and see if anything interesting washed up further down.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2018, 08:05:48 am »

Find a big head-sized rock.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2018, 08:09:51 am »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2018, 09:45:00 pm »

Island
an SG

You begin your day by searching for a rock. Specifically, a head sized rock. It's much harder to do than you would have thought. The forest is mostly dirt and pine needles, and the beach is all sand. You do eventually find a good sized rock. It's more double fist sized than head sized, but you figure it will have to do. You add this to your stash and head down to the shore for some more beach combing.

Most of what you find is worthless. A few more rags. Some sea weed washed up on the shore. Just as you are about to call it quits though, you spot a real treasure still floating out in the surf. It's a boat! An old, torn up, half sunken boat, but a boat nonetheless. You dive in and haul the thing onto the shore, fighting through the waves.

Once your salvage is safe you take a moment to examine it. It's an old wooden lifeboat, with markings you can't read on the side. It has small metal fixings along the sides, and a few torn life preserves in the bottom. It seems like it was taking on water in the surf, but is not completely flooded. The most significant thing about the boat by far though, is the weather-beaten, bronze skinned young woman passed out in the back of it.

You lie back on the beach exhausted and consider your situation. You can see a sandbar from here, and by the breaking of the waves you figure there is a second one further out. You have only a single food bar left, and a very limited supply of water. You feel like it should be a priority to aquire more supplies, if you want to keep yourself and this girl alive. You consider that Smile has been doing alright, despite the fact that you haven't put out any water for him. You figure that means there is a source of fresh water somewhere around here if you can find it. That being said, you can get all the water you need using your filter if you take the time, but food is much harder to come by and in much scarcer supply.

You get up and survey the beach. The large, unidentified thing is still there about half a days walk down the right side of the beach, but nothing else strikes your interest. You take your things back to your stash and consider your next move.

+2 rags
+1 wood splinters
+1 broken boat with woman

The sun is up. It is late morning morning. You have most of the day ahead of you..

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2018, 10:33:38 pm »

Medically examine the woman, to the best of our ability. Need to make sure she's okay.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2018, 10:49:19 pm »

Medically examine the woman, to the best of our ability. Need to make sure she's okay.
+1
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2018, 10:59:11 pm »

She's a trap! hit her with the rock!

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2018, 11:18:45 pm »

-1 We are not savages!
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2018, 11:35:48 pm »

-1 We are not savages!

Bad user! Bad! No hurting the mysterious woman!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2018, 12:17:24 am »

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2018, 01:32:02 am »

+1 We need food, and she's made of meat so we could eat her.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2018, 11:13:20 am »

Island
an SG

You consider for a moment that this womans life lies entirely in your hands, and you shudder from the moral existentialism. You push the thoughts away though. You have no time for this non-sense!

You examine her to see if she has any noticeable wounds, but other than sunburn and exposure she seems to be in one piece. She is definitely going to need water when she wakes up. Whenever that is.

With no other ideas for now, you decide to try and get a start on the water situation. Most filters can't handle seawater, but a few hours of searching and you find a few brackish pools in the shade of the forest. It's enough to fill the bottle, but you don't think there is all that much water here. You could probably do this once more before you have to find another source of water.

When you return you find that Smile has brought you a dead rodent of some kind. It's not quite a rat, but it's about the size of one. It might be edible if you could find some way to cook it.

+1 dead rodent.

You feel like you could have done more with your time lately.
The sun is high overhead. You have half of the day ahead of you..
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 12:36:26 pm by helmacon »
Pages: 1 [2] 3