Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.11 Released  (Read 107094 times)

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.11 Released
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2018, 11:49:47 pm »

feelotraveller: I haven't gotten around to debugging it yet.  Good to know that it's working on another distro.  I'm using the Arch package at the moment.  Arch is pretty bleeding edge, so I'm guessing it's a problem with a library that's too new...

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2018, 01:08:50 am »

Has anyone actually gotten a hill settlement to appear near their fort yet? I've got a fairly productive fortress and a healthy civ, but the only economically-connected sites I've gotten is a single elf site that appeared a few months into the fort's life. Now it's been around 2 years with a barony - and nothing so far.
Finally got some hillocks to spawn (four of em in pretty quick succession, no less).
And yes, the request option is on the civ screen. The request option replaces the raid command.
Ha. Guess I need to raid my Elven bandit cave to make them a proper holding then. All I can do with them right now is send people there, view them on the map or attack them. :)
I have had three hillocks spring up next to my fortress, all within 2 years of eachother (fort year 5-6), and one already-existing village declared their allegiance to me (this happened before the three hillocks).

They are separate places, I can send a messenger to any one of them to request for workers (some have spare workers, some don't). It gives you a little menu where you can choose the dwarf you want to "acquire". Then the messenger leaves, and a few minutes later comes back with the dwarf you wanted.

You can only send messengers to the sites which have spare workers. Also, you need to assign a messenger in the [l]ocation menu, there's a new occupation for your fortress there.

Also wondering about 44.11 changes that affect Hill Dwarves. I guess they fall under this bullet point:

(*) Existing sites near prosperous fortresses will associate themselves to those fortresses
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 05:32:36 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2018, 12:33:01 pm »

Has anyone actually gotten a hill settlement to appear near their fort yet? I've got a fairly productive fortress and a healthy civ, but the only economically-connected sites I've gotten is a single elf site that appeared a few months into the fort's life. Now it's been around 2 years with a barony - and nothing so far.
Finally got some hillocks to spawn (four of em in pretty quick succession, no less).
And yes, the request option is on the civ screen. The request option replaces the raid command.
Ha. Guess I need to raid my Elven bandit cave to make them a proper holding then. All I can do with them right now is send people there, view them on the map or attack them. :)

Also wondering about 44.11 changes that affect Hill Dwarves. I guess they fall under this bullet point:

(*) Existing sites near prosperous fortresses will associate themselves to those fortresses

Yeah. The first holding I got was an already existing dwarf village(?) from my nearby civilization at about three days distance. The next three were completely new holdings/sites founded closer to my fort (half day to a day distance).
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2018, 04:48:33 pm »

Is there a reason that the equipment section of the military screen lists traveling dwarves as Vacant/Available? They aren't dead I think, since not all of them have traveled and those ones aren't displayed as available

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2018, 04:56:30 pm »

Is there a reason that the equipment section of the military screen lists traveling dwarves as Vacant/Available? They aren't dead I think, since not all of them have traveled and those ones aren't displayed as available

If it's a different listing from the main military screen listing for the same squad it's probably just an interface oversight.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2018, 01:50:58 pm »

Has anyone successfully gotten a count to be alleviated yet? My past two forts have seen the baron appointed to diplomat when they should have become a count.

I'm currently using a few mods, but nothing that should have interfered with this. But I am curious if anyone running pure vanilla is having the same problem. Rather not waste dffd space if someone can upload a vanilla save.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2018, 09:27:17 pm »

Yes, my baroness went to become diplomat... and then next autumn I'm told the lands are considered for a barony and asked to make recommendations on who to make baron... again.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2018, 02:50:11 am »

Just a little triviality i noticed to expand on idler & relationship issues for this version, playing around modding and non-modding, citizens who go off on tantrums tend to not path normally and get 'stuck' (or rather path too normally and get stuck doing normal routines)

Visiting a temple area - Tantrummer can have a tantrum started elsewhere, then go to the location to pray because the need compelled them to, they'll stand still but punch all the dwarves around them without moving

Tavern - Tantrummer's will stop to listen to stories & watch performances etc, because they can't exactly 'ignore' this, when a fight in the bar happens (though amusingly mugs being thrown are either hilarious or hilariously deadly)

So it seems like a bit more evidence these locations rail-road dwarves in a way where even a psychotic fit can't get them out of it, its really best seen on very stress vunerable dwarves or other races from conquered sites without the same personality preferences and hence get stressed more often with typical dwarf pursuits like drinking & art not being so fufilling.

There's a issue report up for this problem with  0010806: "Tantruming" Captain of the Guard Leading Demonstration
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 11:38:02 am by FantasticDorf »

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2018, 11:27:55 am »

Every world I generate winds up getting corrupted areas, resulting in a crash in adventure mode. Is anyone else having the same issue?
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2018, 09:45:53 pm »

What's a "corrupted area"? Is that a message you're seeing, or are you just guessing that some part of the map is corrupted? It's very possible that the crash is due to something else. Are you using any utilities? If it occurs without utilities, it may be specific to your worlds, so uploading them (and finding some problematic locations) could help.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2018, 05:33:47 am »

What's a "corrupted area"? Is that a message you're seeing, or are you just guessing that some part of the map is corrupted? It's very possible that the crash is due to something else. Are you using any utilities? If it occurs without utilities, it may be specific to your worlds, so uploading them (and finding some problematic locations) could help.

0010809: Bandit camp corrupted post-worldgen, crashes upon entry (2018-07-01 07:10)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2018, 08:24:00 am »

Ok, I'll try to reproduce it when I get a chance. Usually these sorts of issues tend to be fixable, so they're not due to corruption, which is typically permanent (going by previous issues I've seen, anyway).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2018, 10:34:43 am »

I've put steps to reproduce the crash IN the save in my bug reports, but not how to reproduce it in general. What I've done is simply adventured around for a few months, retired the adventurer and then started a new one as to allow the adventurer to live his life and see what happens.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2018, 11:03:50 am »

So much Fun Stuff that 44.12 could bring with the villains and conspiracies. A group of dwarves conspiring to murder your mayor? A less skilled weaponsmith stabbing your legendary smith out of jealousy? Fun. And the game, just like with vampires, wouldn't tell you the suspect, leaving it to witnesses and your own judgment in the justice system.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2018, 08:10:12 am »

Depressed ghost.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He then throwed a tantrum.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bug or feature?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6