Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.11 Released  (Read 107088 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.11 Released
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 08:21:48 am »

It seems drunkness counts as a major injury? I'm checking the thoughts of unconscious dwarves in the tavern and their thoughts have "shaken after suffering a major injury". The only injury they have is the temporary lung inhibition from alcohol overdose. Since alcohol poisoning works via paralyzing the lungs for a short period of time, it seems to count as a major injury and thus gives the extreme bad thought.

One of them even had his life values change "complete turnaround" from loves war to loves peace due to the "injury".
That's kind of progress compared to everything up to 44.10 which didn't report drunkenness "injuries" at all beyond "gratitude at being rescued" if someone helped them to the hospital.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2018, 05:49:26 pm »

Hmm. Seem to be suffering from stuttering lag, everything will stop for a second or two before carrying on. First year of fortress, 16 civilians, same old layout as I usually use.

Odd, since I never had it before, and this release actually had a bugfix for it. Will mess with settings a little, check if anything's changed in my computer, see if that helps. Anyone else getting this?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2018, 06:55:08 pm »

I experienced the same stuttering too midgame, a few things that leap out at me was that i had a hospitalised bar brawler with active furnace jobs on repeat (burning wood) never actually cancelled while they were waiting in a hospital bed but were taken up by someone else when i assigned them the wood burner labour to cover the hospitalised person's shift (mangled floating ribs before any healthcare was put in place).

The diagnostian also refused to see them under the notion they weren't 'resting' when they were clearly in bed recieving food, i would submit a save as per usual but the game was modded and probably wouldn't be very conclusive, hopefully these will give people a bit more of a idea for a testing condition to try as it started lagging with not a lot of people or game items in play, most definitely could be something else though.

Ha ha, interesting.  I have the same-civ restriction on most of it, but the site takeover code doesn't have that (peaceful or otherwise), when they are searching for a market.  I suppose the question is why a bandit gang was searching for a legitimate market site, rather than a target market site.  There will clearly be growing pains, but it might align well enough with the future villain stuff as we get going here -- the elves would be a problem rather than a subordinate site.

I think this may also be related to how kobolds hiding in gang/villian/refugee areas like catacombs out of the way of conflict and not involved in site defence implicitly take over a site by being the last remaining sentients after a massacre without a raze, the band of elves for whatever reason migrated out and being the only occupants the site now belonged to them. Happens in other minor landmarks too, fleeing civ members running from sieges sometimes turn up in places like civ-leader tombs if they're out in the wilderness just hiding (i had one return to my fortress as a migrant much later).

Yet to try extorting a necromancer tower though or assigning overseers to it in the hopes it wouldn't crash as a example, but acting wierd most definitely as probably expected with non-defined civs.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2018, 07:13:55 pm »

Yeah, had one mystery 4-6 seconds of stutter once in this fort. Nothing special, possibly an injury or stuff in the far-away-active-world.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2018, 11:47:03 pm »

Hmm. Seem to be suffering from stuttering lag, everything will stop for a second or two before carrying on. First year of fortress, 16 civilians, same old layout as I usually use.

Odd, since I never had it before, and this release actually had a bugfix for it. Will mess with settings a little, check if anything's changed in my computer, see if that helps. Anyone else getting this?

Yeah it's more noticeable early game when the FPS is high. With my cap at 200 the stutters were very noticeable (game freezing for 0.5-2 seconds every few seconds), but now late-game when my FPS is 80 or so, it's much less noticeable, if at all.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2018, 11:54:57 pm »

Yeah it's more noticeable early game when the FPS is high. With my cap at 200 the stutters were very noticeable (game freezing for 0.5-2 seconds every few seconds), but now late-game when my FPS is 80 or so, it's much less noticeable, if at all.
Hmm. That sounds OK. Was expecting it to get worse over time. Will just experiment and cap the fps at some sweet spot then.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2018, 04:27:46 am »

learn a good lesson on adv camps, mostly if a player fort takes it over they will brutally murder the leader of the camp, which means the adventurer. I might have to just have these adventurers leave  the camp after setting it up with folks in it, or learn how to peacefully link the two sites.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2018, 05:17:01 am »

"Cannot expel: child is not present" is a message I'm not entirely sure about. For example, I have a dwarf with 9 children, 1 of those is with him in the fort and the others are somewhere in the world. Does this mean that unless all of the 9 children migrate to the fort, the dwarf cannot be expelled?
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2018, 05:32:04 am »

"Cannot expel: child is not present" is a message I'm not entirely sure about. For example, I have a dwarf with 9 children, 1 of those is with him in the fort and the others are somewhere in the world. Does this mean that unless all of the 9 children migrate to the fort, the dwarf cannot be expelled?
If any of the off site offspring are underage you may have to wait until they mature, which sort of would make sense (although underage offspring left behind ought not count either, of course). If they're all adults it doesn't make sense. Have you checked the age of the off site offspring?

carewolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2018, 09:51:25 am »

It seems drunkness counts as a major injury? I'm checking the thoughts of unconscious dwarves in the tavern and their thoughts have "shaken after suffering a major injury". The only injury they have is the temporary lung inhibition from alcohol overdose. Since alcohol poisoning works via paralyzing the lungs for a short period of time, it seems to count as a major injury and thus gives the extreme bad thought.

One of them even had his life values change "complete turnaround" from loves war to loves peace due to the "injury".
Many a man (and now apparantly dorfs) has found religion on the bottom of a bottle of alcohol (if they ever manage to sober up, that is).

Though, perhaps the major injury triggering that should be sudden soberness? :D

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2018, 11:24:30 am »

Well, conquering the tower does not causes crash, but if you ask the dwarves occupaing the tower about troubles, they will mention the tower being conquered by their civilization (although that was after i tried to retrieve artifact book, and they "got into war" with their parent civ, while still "trading" with their parent (abandoned) site).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 03:10:07 am by MCreeper »

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2018, 12:04:37 pm »

shouldn't there be something about barons being elevated by holdings and not economic status of the fort be in the changelog/release notes? just asking :D
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2018, 11:59:03 pm »

Posting to watch all the fun bug reports.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2018, 12:58:42 am »

shouldn't there be something about barons being elevated by holdings and not economic status of the fort be in the changelog/release notes? just asking :D
Was in the devlog, just scroll a bit further down. Yeah, some warning for those who aren't following development might have been useful.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2018, 03:02:50 am »

Continuing my fort from the previous version (0.44.10) and so far everything seems to run fine.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6