Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 45559 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2018, 07:53:39 am »

I want a melee weapon, and I don’t claim my collar anymore.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2018, 08:32:36 am »

Ah, thanks Oz, I just skimmed Leo's inventory and didn't realize how it was. And I guess I missed that request

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2018, 09:02:46 am »

Sorry about everything

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2018, 09:19:38 am »

Sorry about everything

It's cool. Don't feel too bad about it. You'll get the hang of the group dynamic soon enough, and we're generally pretty tolerant of each other. Otherwise I'd have been tarred and feathered at least twice a year since I first joined.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2018, 10:50:58 am »

Thanks!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2018, 11:47:05 am »

It wasn't an action that required a roll, but Wiellste did splice together the two seperate ropes that we used as a winch to get down.
It probably doesn't count, but I did successfully remove Nyw's collar, though it didn't end up mattering. I also rolled knowledge a lot, told Vikkan what went down with his arm, edited our wiki with information on a few spheres... >_>
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2018, 01:37:55 pm »

Drett will...Probably want to snag a rifle or a pistol tbh. Field medice tend to be under fire while tending and might need to fire back.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2018, 05:57:34 am »

I would had preferred to do the planning IC, but since Moku did a Moku, we can say this was discussed beforehand. Mostly so we can go ahead with the purchases and with the payments.

So, right now we have 15 open rooms. That means we can probably install all Tinker workshops in the bore with no trouble. That means we can tinker wherever we go.

However that has the downside that if the bore is damaged in any way, we also risk damaging those workshops. There's also the possibility of the workshops themselves becoming dangerous (e.g. when crafting poisons or explosives) and damaging the bore or hurting the people in it. Furthermore, if there are teams doing missions in Anvil, they won't be able to return to the warehouse to use the workshops. Finally, this forces people who want to be dedicated tinkerers instead of field tinkerers to stay with the bore at all times instead of staying in the warehouse.

I believe the benefits of installing the workshops in the bore greatly outweigh the drawbacks, so we should go ahead and do that. However we should also look into addressing those drawbacks, either now or in the future. For example, we could ensure the chemical workshop has proper ventilation, drainage and emergency showers, stuff like that.

So, for bore upgrades, we have:
General workshop (definitely need)
Chemical workshop (should have)
Gunsmithing workshop (good to have)
Living quarters (should have, mostly for IC reasons or for transporting passengers)
Fragile/Dangerous Materials storage/Armory (good to have)

I think we should also check the prices for upgrading the bore's mechanical brain so that we can craft and install some heavy weapons on it. As experience has shown us, we can't rely on diving to take care of large enemies, it's better to have a more mundane solution we can try first. We currently have a system of 6 meaning any heavy weapons we install wouldn't be very accurate. I guess we could attach some manned heavy weapons platforms on the outside of the bore to circumvent the bad system, but I'd prefer it if the driver could just fire whenever he wants.

Any comments?

If it looks good and nobody has any objections or better ideas, we should probably go ahead and buy those things. Either buy the parts for you Tinkers to assemble if you feel confident you could do so or just buy them ready made.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2018, 07:17:29 am »

Leodanny, why does your character now have 20 fathoms instead of the five he had last turn?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2018, 09:32:34 am »

-snip-
On the topic of workshops being dangerous, the chemical workshop requires a fume hood as one of its parts. Perhaps this is an indiciation that workshops come with certain safety features as standard. Or perhaps not, we'd have to ask PW.

I'm certainly willing to give putting the workshops together ourselves from loose parts a shot. I should have about a 80% chance of doing so, and in the case of the general workshop it saves us a 100 fathoms. Maybe I can snort some drugs to get advantage on the roll or something.

I would say that maybe getting a bore brain upgrade and some kind of bore weapon outweighs the chemical and gun workshop. We can already do some gunsmithing work with the general workshop (and maybe some chemical too?), so having the bore be able to defend itself takes precedence over getting more specialized crafting station, I feel.

I'm going to try and get us a discount on parts this turn, so we still have a while to decide.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2018, 09:39:32 am »

No way. Bore weapons do not outweigh the workshops. If we had wanted a bore weapon, we'd have gone with a military bore!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2018, 09:45:05 am »

I'm just saying, if we come across something like that giant snake again, a big ol' flak cannon might do us more good than some fancy revolvers and drugs.

In any case, I put in my action to go check it out. Maybe we can get all of it at once if we stretch our budget a bit.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2018, 10:05:07 am »

We already have a solution to that giant obsidian razorsnake. Two solutions is wasteful. We could be using that solution slot for solutions of the imbibe-able kind.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2018, 10:11:44 am »

But isn't that first solution "diving"? Because if it is, I feel rather strongly that it should be replaced by something that doesn't invite otherworldy horrors onto our bore half of the time.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2018, 10:15:46 am »

You worry too much. Besides, most of the horrors we've invited onto the bore thus far have been this-worldly.

eyes the ghouls slavering for corpsy goodness, the moth fetishists, and the fetishist moth.

Carefully avoids looking in the direction of the tinkers, shellfish or otherwise.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27