Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 45139 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #255 on: June 06, 2019, 06:19:04 pm »

Feel free to put my part on the team's fund, since I don't really need the money for anything. Not like I deserve payment: I didn't do anything at all during the whole mission, other than trying to chat and being ignored by everyone.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 06, 2019, 07:28:46 pm »

I’m good with that payment. It’s more than I expected to get, in all honesty.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 06, 2019, 08:38:53 pm »

Radio, are we now pooling the team fund? currently I have iur team's mission fund in AsHul's possession for safekeeping, but if we're officially putting it into the larger pool I can take that off my character sheet. Also, I reccommend holding off on making that payout official for a minute: the team fund might appreciate a touch more monies for a) a weapon, and b) a crawler. Let's see how people feel about that, and if anyone is willingto chip in for them. AsHul is already donating a Firing Control Brain (+1 to Systems rolls) for the weapon, should that get purchased. He would be willing to chip in a bit for hte crawler as well, especially if we choose to go as a singel group this time- the crawler gives us a bit more play freedom, I think.

votes for missions

Messenger Path: 3 first choice, 1 second choice
Crystal Race: 1 first choice, 1 second choice, 1 third choice
Relic Hunt: 1 second choice

Do remember, we can divide the team again, assuming enough of us are awake to do so.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 08, 2019, 04:10:16 am »

Feel free to put my part on the team's fund, since I don't really need the money for anything. Not like I deserve payment: I didn't do anything at all during the whole mission, other than trying to chat and being ignored by everyone.

For my part, I haven't had a lot of time for forum games lately so things like rp suffer, sorry if I ignored you at some point. Are you sure about not wanting your payment though? If nothing else, you could get yourself some armor and a better melee weapon (eg. a Tungsten Toothpick) to tide you over until you can learn pious punching (perhaps Adam could help you get an in at some point down the line). For reference: https://dig.fandom.com/wiki/Armory
You could then still donate what remains to the fund, if you want.

@egan: since you apparently want to play a new character, what should we do with Wiellste's part of the payment? Would you prefer she gets it and say she retires with it or something, or should it go to the team fund? Also, assuming you'll be rolling with our crew again, do you still want to get our bore weapon(s) in order?

Radio, are we now pooling the team fund? currently I have iur team's mission fund in AsHul's possession for safekeeping, but if we're officially putting it into the larger pool I can take that off my character sheet. Also, I reccommend holding off on making that payout official for a minute: the team fund might appreciate a touch more monies for a) a weapon, and b) a crawler. Let's see how people feel about that, and if anyone is willingto chip in for them. AsHul is already donating a Firing Control Brain (+1 to Systems rolls) for the weapon, should that get purchased. He would be willing to chip in a bit for hte crawler as well, especially if we choose to go as a singel group this time- the crawler gives us a bit more play freedom, I think.

Yeah, seems like the most convenient way to do it, just shove team fund money onto the appropriate wiki page (https://dig.fandom.com/wiki/The_Warehouse). Then once we know what rgu and egan want to do with their pay we'll know what our budget is.

I agree that getting a weapon would be good. I'd say we can let egan look into that if he wants to (he already did some designing for a bore weapon a while back), or another player that likes big boomtubes. I'd be willing to get on that if nobody else is interested.

As for a crawler, would certainly be nice, but I think there are some other things that are a bit more urgent. Such as a spare fuel tank or a better brain for our bore (now that our pilot is braindead, we'll need a good borebrain if we want to hit anything with bore weapons. If you donate that fire control brain that'd already help a good deal, but are you sure that brain is safe? It's from another sphere, right?)

It'd be easier to make decisions though if we knew what kind of money crawlers cost, so could you look into that perhaps? Get an idea of what a basic model costs and what it can do, for example (though we probably want one that can scale vertical walls at least).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 08, 2019, 08:13:36 am »

There’s some info about crawlers on page 16 of this thread. 8 person crawler with no bells or whistles is 500. I don’t know what kind of versatility that includes. There was also some other discussion about kinds of weapons that I think also got quoted off discord at some point.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 08, 2019, 08:45:06 am »

If my share is at least 100 fathoms, I'd spend it to "hire" Wiellste as an NPC helper, to Be Kara's Left Arm. Otherwise, I don't really give one single fuck.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 08, 2019, 11:21:25 am »

Drett's going to follow the birb bore wherever it goes next. Especially if it's the messenger path. Plenty of chances to practice medicine, even maybe from a distance!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 09, 2019, 12:47:24 pm »

There’s some info about crawlers on page 16 of this thread. 8 person crawler with no bells or whistles is 500. I don’t know what kind of versatility that includes. There was also some other discussion about kinds of weapons that I think also got quoted off discord at some point.

Oho, indeed there is!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

500 fathoms is probably beyond our current budget if we also want to get at least one decent bore weapon though, but should be doable after this mission cycle methinks.

If my share is at least 100 fathoms, I'd spend it to "hire" Wiellste as an NPC helper, to Be Kara's Left Arm. Otherwise, I don't really give one single fuck.
I'm sorry, but I'm not really sure I understand what you want here. You want to use Wiellste's share of the pay, to hire herself to be Kara's NPC helper? And is pw on board with the idea of retired characters still tagging along with the group? If pw is ok with it I don't mind just tossing out those 100 fathoms to justify having her along and adding the remaining 80 to the team fund, though keeping old characters around like that is a bit iffy from a game standpoint imo.

As for the weapons, since you're not interested, is anyone else up for that? Paris, I think I remember Kara being a proponent for getting a weapon for our bore, is that correct? If so, would you want to look into that? Don't feel obligated to say yes, if it doesn't interest you I certainly don't mind doing it.

Drett's going to follow the birb bore wherever it goes next. Especially if it's the messenger path. Plenty of chances to practice medicine, even maybe from a distance!

That's another vote for the messenger path. I think it's safe to say that'll be our next destination then? In which case, do you guys think we could start heading out for our destination in a couple turns or so? I think only syv is really doing a sidequest right now, correct?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 09, 2019, 01:22:14 pm »

"Retiring your character?  No, no-one leaves The Firm.  <Seizes pay>"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 09, 2019, 02:31:32 pm »

"Retiring your character?  No, no-one leaves The Firm.  <Seizes pay>

How so?

@egan: since you apparently want to play a new character, what should we do with Wiellste's part of the payment? Would you prefer she gets it and say she retires with it or something, or should it go to the team fund? Also, assuming you'll be rolling with our crew again, do you still want to get our bore weapon(s) in order?

I'm perfectly fine with Wiellste keeping her pay as she retires, and it was in fact the very first thing I proposed. The decision is entirely up to egan. However, keeping one's old character around after retiring it is rather nonstandard and is, imo, somewhat iffy from a game standpoint. But, if pw is on board with it then it's all good for me. In which case there are still 80 fathoms left, and egan said he does not care what happens to any of it.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 09, 2019, 02:46:49 pm »

I think for now we should go with the proposed payout, just to move forward. However, we ought to go ahead and establish an ironclad protocol going forward. I propose either A. 10% gross profit goes to team fund, and net profit is divided evenly, or B. We divide by number of team members +2, and the extra two slots go to team fund.

We could also have everyone give 10% of what they make selling loot to the team fund. That way you’re partially mitigating the problem of the people who actually get shit done not getting as much out of it. A problem that I will admit I did contribute to.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 02:52:12 pm by The Lupanian »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 09, 2019, 03:54:20 pm »

Maybe the solution to insufficient pay should be splitting up the team fund automatically.  After each mission, team funds will be split up among everyone present.  That'll increase the amount of pay.  Items for bore upgrades will be bought on credit with collateral based on the warehouse.  Putting money in the team fund means people get paid less rather than more.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 03:58:34 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 09, 2019, 04:26:24 pm »

22:02   Radio_Controlled   @Piecewise_ what do you think about egan's plan to hire out his old character to the team?
22:04   Piecewise_   He said he wanted to have the old character along for RP purposes. And that character barely did anything anyways so It doesn't seem OP. I'll of course object if he starts abusing it but as long as it basically just exists as a background character for RP purposes, I'm ok with it
[...]
22:05   Piecewise_   If he tries to go back to the first character, then I'll say no

So yeah, Wiellste can keep rolling with our crew, so we can use 100 fathoms to 'hire' her and chuck the remainder in the fund. If you change your mind egan, let me know, just try to do so before any of the dosh gets spent.

I think for now we should go with the proposed payout, just to move forward. However, we ought to go ahead and establish an ironclad protocol going forward. I propose either A. 10% gross profit goes to team fund, and net profit is divided evenly, or B. We divide by number of team members +2, and the extra two slots go to team fund.

We could also have everyone give 10% of what they make selling loot to the team fund. That way you’re partially mitigating the problem of the people who actually get shit done not getting as much out of it. A problem that I will admit I did contribute to.
Hmm, interesting options there. Anyone got a preference one way or another?

Maybe the solution to insufficient pay should be splitting up the team fund automatically.  After each mission, team funds will be split up among everyone present.  That'll increase the amount of pay.  Items for bore upgrades will be bought on credit with collateral based on the warehouse.  Putting money in the team fund means people get paid less rather than more.

Haha, that'd be hilarious, play the whole game with the best gear bought on credit and escape the creditors by waiting for the game to end. Brilliant!  :P

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 10, 2019, 09:45:00 am »

For my part, I haven't had a lot of time for forum games lately so things like rp suffer, sorry if I ignored you at some point. Are you sure about not wanting your payment though? If nothing else, you could get yourself some armor and a better melee weapon (eg. a Tungsten Toothpick) to tide you over until you can learn pious punching (perhaps Adam could help you get an in at some point down the line). For reference: https://dig.fandom.com/wiki/Armory
You could then still donate what remains to the fund, if you want.

Kalagony doesn't have any skill using weapons, only unarmed combat. Maybe I could get some armor, if it's not too cumbersome, but I probably still wouldn't need all of that money for it. I guess I could go search for a shop that sells armor and donate the rest to the team.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 10, 2019, 11:27:24 am »

Haha, I mean most of Drett's purchases have been for the benefit of the team. I think the only thing he's bought for himself personally were the vision books he brought back to get translated copies of.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27