Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 45416 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #270 on: June 10, 2019, 03:55:45 pm »

Kalagony doesn't have any skill using weapons, only unarmed combat. Maybe I could get some armor, if it's not too cumbersome, but I probably still wouldn't need all of that money for it. I guess I could go search for a shop that sells armor and donate the rest to the team.

Yeah, for that kind of money you could probably get some pretty nice armor. And sure, you might not have specific weapon skills, but your str stat is still 15 so you'd still be pretty good at using it, and if you want you could get a +1 for that weapon by investing a skill point in it. That'd mean you'd roll against 16 when using the toothpick and 18 when using the claws, so the latter would be more likely to hit but the former would do way more damage.

Another idea could be to get some smokebombs. While probably not useful for the messenger path, when fighting regular enemies it would help protect against getting shot down and could help you close the gap to get into melee range.

Also, wiki updated with egan's stuff. Not sure if I should put Wiellste onto the bore page though or if she should go straight into Kara's inventory :p

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 10, 2019, 08:03:02 pm »

Still think you should keep your extra money, RGU.  It'd let you buy your own ticket should the bore want to move away just when you're having fun.  You can then catch up whenever you want to, instead of feeling like you have to go with them.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 11, 2019, 12:38:33 am »

Quote from: discord
April 11
Oz: how much would a crawler cost in DIG? a cheapass Bore?

Piecewise: Depends on how good they are.
A very basic bore could be bought for 1000ish
crawlers are cheaper
few hundred
500 or so maybe
you're in a good place for it remember
they make them there
anywhere else and the price goes up

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 14, 2019, 11:04:24 pm »

Alright, let's get started on mapping our next adventure so those who are bored can get going.

1) current in town activities
-a. personal advancements. individuals are shopping and questing for perssonal profit. these things can be wrapped up quickly, and to an extent can be completed while we are en route to our next thing, using the power of Time Dissonance
-b. Team advancement. This comes priomarily in the form of Bore upgrades and possibly of purchasing a crawler (I reiterate my opinion that this would be a good investment for the team play as it would make it easier for players to DO THINGS). I believe the primary upgrade people are looking at is a Bore Cannon, with accessories. This may take a couple more turns.

2) next adventure/mission
-a) it seems clear that most of the proactive players want to return to the Messenger Path and DO THINGS. The only major alternative that seems to generate any interest is the hunt for the Crystal Race. If Pancaek wants to split from the main team to do so, I suggest at least a group f four to go along. I think that would be a good trip for people such as Random's guy, who want more direct combat. AsHul; can be persuaded to organize and run that side mission, should enough interest be shown. Otherwise, let's just plan on visiting Empyrean and THE CHURCH and then going to the Messenger Path. I don't think any other proactive players are willing to not do the Messenger path one to take up the mantle of leadership for the Crystal Race expedition.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 16, 2019, 08:41:35 am »

Yeah, I agree with Oz, we should start getting a move on. How about we leave at the end of the turn after the next one? That gives us effectively 2 more turns for faffing before we go. Do we want to first visit Empyrean though? Perhaps going straight for the Messenger path, and then visiting Empyrean after we have looted some relics to sell them might be more efficient? It'll get us to the action faster, at least.

As for our bore weapon, what do you guys think of this:
- cannon, 250
- powered retractor, 50
- simple autoloader, 30
- swivel mount, 30
- connection to bore brain, 200
- 5 standard rounds, 25
- 2 armor piercing rounds, 30
- 2 high ex frag, 30
- 2 smoke, 10
- 2 incendiary, 20

Total: 675 fathoms. Current team fund has 766 fathoms, leaving us with 91. Does this sound ok?

I think it gives us a good basic weapon, with a decent amount of flexibility due to different ammo types, and with the bore connection our lack of a pilot isn't the worst. We could upgrade it later on with a better autoloader as well, though for now that's outside of our budget.

Speaking of bore brains, Oz, did you see my earlier question about that brass brain?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #275 on: June 16, 2019, 09:25:57 am »

Wait, why does the bore connection cost so much? Does it offer anything special? And why do we need a retractor? If we're in combat we want our weapon out, so there's little point hiding it behind armor. It's very situational.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 16, 2019, 10:08:55 am »

Dunno why it costs so much honestly, ask pw. As for what it does, it allows the bore's brain to operate and fire the weapon at targets we designate without needing a dedicated pilot or gunner for it. Since our pilot is braindead, I figured it would be nice to have, and it means nobody needs to stay on the bore at all times to have cannon support when we're out and about.

The retractor is fairly cheap and I think is nice to have: it means we can hide our weapon when we want to seem harmless and allows us to surprise an opponent if it does come to blows, and in general protects it from damage during (rough) travel. There's a cheaper manual one as well (20 fathoms) but that might require a str roll to operate, having it automatic seems safer.

I wouldn't mind dropping either of them, but I think they're good to have.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 16, 2019, 11:02:51 am »

I didn't see your thing about the brass brain.

Also, I think a bore weapon is rather unnecessary. We didn't choose a military bore, after all, we chose a wanderer. And especially spending more for a weapon with all kinds of accessories than we would for a bare crawler. If you're gonna buy hte weapon, go simple - cannon, swivel mount, and ammo. And not six different flavors of ammo - standard and explosive.

A Bore weapon is a highly situational device, and will keep exactly one player entertained while effectively limiting the entire rest of the crew to doing on Bore things.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 16, 2019, 11:27:55 am »

Okay Radio, Dev's about to pick the stage I fight on in Doubleking, so I'm going to have to change my mind and ask that you give me my mission pay rather than putting it in the team fund. Kthanks.

Hotfire90

« Reply #279 on: June 17, 2019, 08:40:46 am »

I'm adding the 750 fathoms I got from the bounty to the team fund. I think I'll do the RP for it later and just go bounty hunting in the meantime.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 17, 2019, 09:26:42 am »

Okay Radio, Dev's about to pick the stage I fight on in Doubleking, so I'm going to have to change my mind and ask that you give me my mission pay rather than putting it in the team fund. Kthanks.
Sure I guess, I'll take 'em off the wiki. Not sure how kosher it is to bribe people in unrelated games, but I'm not even in doubleking so not my problem!

I'm adding the 750 fathoms I got from the bounty to the team fund. I think I'll do the RP for it later and just go bounty hunting in the meantime.
Wow, that more than doubles the team fund! That's really generous of you, thanks. Now we could go for a weapon and a basic crawler if we want to!

I didn't see your thing about the brass brain.

Also, I think a bore weapon is rather unnecessary. We didn't choose a military bore, after all, we chose a wanderer. And especially spending more for a weapon with all kinds of accessories than we would for a bare crawler. If you're gonna buy hte weapon, go simple - cannon, swivel mount, and ammo. And not six different flavors of ammo - standard and explosive.

A Bore weapon is a highly situational device, and will keep exactly one player entertained while effectively limiting the entire rest of the crew to doing on Bore things.

'Twas this:
As for a crawler, would certainly be nice, but I think there are some other things that are a bit more urgent. Such as a spare fuel tank or a better brain for our bore (now that our pilot is braindead, we'll need a good borebrain if we want to hit anything with bore weapons. If you donate that fire control brain that'd already help a good deal, but are you sure that brain is safe? It's from another sphere, right?)

Aka do you know if that Firing Control Brain is safe? I'll add to my action to ask pw how much it would cost to have it installed either way for expediency.

Finally, I wouldn't mind going for a cheaper weapon for now, we can always upgrade it in the future should we want to. I personally don't agree with your assessment of its usefulness (fire support during a mission for example means it isn't confined to one person being active for example), but since nobody else seems to be overly concerned about this I'm fine with just getting it over with so we can move on.

So, party people, how does this look to you guys:

- cannon, 250
- swivel mount, 30
- 5 standard rounds, 25
- 2 armor piercing rounds, 30
- basic crawler, 500
- install fire control brain, ?

Total cost (without fire control upgrade): 835. Team fund now has 1436 fathoms in it, which would leave us with 601 for now.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 09:29:57 am by Radio Controlled »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 17, 2019, 11:06:14 am »

We could add a weapon the the crawler while we’re at it. A machine gun turret or something. We could also add armor. We could probably do all that for an extra 200, bring the total cost of the crawler up to 700.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 18, 2019, 04:16:27 am »

You have a definitive price quote on those, by any chance?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 18, 2019, 06:32:02 am »

Radio. I don't KNOW the brass brain safe, but I'm reasonably sure it is. it was checked out by some brass brain experts here on this plane, which is why we know what it is. But, between you and I and the guy with the artificial eyes, I'm sure we could be doubly sure. Adam did see the strands of light filtering into AsHul from one of the spheres (probably Balaram, as that is which sphere I had cause him to become an abomination).

Also, your basic plan for expenditures is acceptable to me. Adding a basic weapon to the crawler is also reasonable, though I'm not sure we need to add armor yet. Might be wise though. If you need, AsHul's money will probably be at your disposal for additional expenditures as well, like that enlarged fuel tank.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 18, 2019, 02:43:06 pm »

Radio. I don't KNOW the brass brain safe, but I'm reasonably sure it is. it was checked out by some brass brain experts here on this plane, which is why we know what it is. But, between you and I and the guy with the artificial eyes, I'm sure we could be doubly sure. Adam did see the strands of light filtering into AsHul from one of the spheres (probably Balaram, as that is which sphere I had cause him to become an abomination).

Also, your basic plan for expenditures is acceptable to me. Adding a basic weapon to the crawler is also reasonable, though I'm not sure we need to add armor yet. Might be wise though. If you need, AsHul's money will probably be at your disposal for additional expenditures as well, like that enlarged fuel tank.

Hey, good enough for me. I could look at it but my turn is already pretty full, but maybe I can take a peek at some later point.

As for crawler armor and weapon, if you wanna look into it then be my guest, I don't think pw will mind if some purchases get finalized during our turn of travel (or you could ask him on discord perhaps, so the purchase can be done in this turn just before we set off).

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27