Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 45631 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2018, 01:40:46 pm »

No objections from me, so long it doesn't interfere too badly with the current design.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2018, 10:10:43 am »

Wiki tip of the day:
If you're adding something in the wiki, consider also adding a citation pointing to the source for whatever you're adding. This can help verify the information and find related info. Citations can be added like this:
Code: [Select]
<ref>http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171120.msg7796496#msg7796496</ref>and will be added automatically to the list of citations. To display the list, you need to add this to the bottom of the article if it hasn't been added already:
Code: [Select]
<references />You can see an example of this here: https://dig.wikia.com/wiki/Races_and_Creatures
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 10:12:43 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2018, 04:46:30 pm »

Light damn it all, this is why... Drett curses under his breath constantly as he moves immediately to Wiellste.

I don't think there is much I can do for her. Kara, are you in any pain?

Tend to the (most indeedly dead) moth on the ground. Any chance at all of resuscitation?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He's dead Jim.

Fairly sure Wiellste is the dead one.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2018, 05:19:54 pm »

And that's why I'm making sure while asking Kara who is still apparently capable of speech. Proper triage, after all :P

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2018, 12:45:39 am »

Why did I think that rejoining the group and developing a plan of attack against the bore guards was a sensible thing? of all our actions, that was surely the most absurd.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2018, 04:05:36 pm »

Sacrifice my revolver, and a point of Speed.
Again, 6, 20, 14, 21.
Estimate the reinforcement needed to transmute the explosive into an inert, or at least not immediately threatening substance, without touching the sensors or Nyw.
If no estimate, 3 material and 5 action.

From when I asked about it before:

Consider how difficult it would be to use a dive to convert the explosives in a collar into a non-dangerous substance (aka how many times the material and action spheres would need to be reinforced minimally).
[4]
Hmm...Well the material sphere could probably be just a 1, but the action sphere would need to have few pumped into it or you might accidentally do too much or too little. Need some precision here. No good turning the bomb to inert material if you also do the same with the person's spinal cord.

That's already pretty useful, but for the action sphere I was hoping for a little more granularity than 'a few'. Are we talking a range from 2 to 4, more like around 6, or what?

Also, assuming we'd be trying to do these collar disabling dives, how many could a diver do in a single turn? Assuming the only thing he'd be doing is the same dive over and over again to disable collars.
Probably 4...ish.

One, but if you're doing the same thing over and over, one right after the next, I'll give you advantage in every dive after the first successful one.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2018, 04:54:20 pm »

Well, I didn't expect every single character and all their loot to make it into the Bore in one turn. Figured AsHul had at least two or three rounds to chill.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2018, 05:05:46 pm »

@syv: there's one guard there, I think, hence why I said you could strike him, if you want. Just saying cause I saw you say guards instead of guard.

Edit: unless you mean the other guards you may encounter on the way.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:07:35 pm by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2018, 05:22:27 pm »

everyone before sy's group got directed into one room on the bore, except thetwo who are in the control room. They are herding you like sheep to be sheared.
Sheared of your precious shiny loot.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2018, 07:38:54 pm »

Sacrifice my revolver, and a point of Speed.
Again, 6, 20, 14, 21.
Estimate the reinforcement needed to transmute the explosive into an inert, or at least not immediately threatening substance, without touching the sensors or Nyw.
If no estimate, 3 material and 5 action.

From when I asked about it before:

Consider how difficult it would be to use a dive to convert the explosives in a collar into a non-dangerous substance (aka how many times the material and action spheres would need to be reinforced minimally).
[4]
Hmm...Well the material sphere could probably be just a 1, but the action sphere would need to have few pumped into it or you might accidentally do too much or too little. Need some precision here. No good turning the bomb to inert material if you also do the same with the person's spinal cord.

That's already pretty useful, but for the action sphere I was hoping for a little more granularity than 'a few'. Are we talking a range from 2 to 4, more like around 6, or what?

Also, assuming we'd be trying to do these collar disabling dives, how many could a diver do in a single turn? Assuming the only thing he'd be doing is the same dive over and over again to disable collars.
Probably 4...ish.

One, but if you're doing the same thing over and over, one right after the next, I'll give you advantage in every dive after the first successful one.

I most certainly do not have this information IC.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2018, 08:05:57 am »

Yeah, apart from the hole "being a diver" of course. Do with the information what you want, or ask Adam for advice in-game, or don't and just wing it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2018, 07:41:19 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hey now, Radio did no such thing! Instead Radio hadn't anticipated that the answer to that question would take some time, so Radio couldn't get things done while still having access to a computer, and after that more pressing matters cropped up that demanded Radio's undivided attention.

Ahem, but yeah, sorry if I held anything up. I haven't really had much free computer time/access for the last couple of days. Blame things like work not giving a peep for more than a month then suddenly going "Hey please fill out this stack of paperwork ASAP kthxbye" and/or my poor time management.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 07:43:49 am by Radio Controlled »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2018, 09:27:03 am »

Hang in there, brother. Work makes fools of us all.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2018, 05:32:33 pm »

PW has told us some things on the discord with regards to the stuff that is lying around:

Quote from: loot from dead guards
There are in total 22 corpses, 16 ethral rifles,  8 knives of various kinds, 3 revolvers,  2 hooked cleavers,   4 soldier chestplates,  4 dynamo lanterns,  doctor's bag,  short sword, 5 slave traps,  20 worm blood,  500 feet of silk rope,  5 tnt. And some  junk of various, but that will depend on if you wanna take things apart or what

Quote from: stuff in the warehouse
There's what amounts to a forklift, some crates, some scrap metal, general warehouse gubbins

To make sure we can keep track of our pool of communal stuff, I made a new wiki page for it: https://dig.wikia.com/wiki/The_Warehouse

If you take anything for your own inventory, be sure to update that wiki page accordingly. That said, it would be nice if we could wait for a moment with the mad dash lootrush until things have settled down a little. We'll have to decide on how to divide the fathoms, for example.  Church guys have left so we can start dividing this stuff now. Just try to be reasonable about it, and don't forget to remove from the wiki page whatever you want to claim for your own inventory. You can edit the wiki without needing an account, so don't let that stop you.

For the fathoms, I personally propose we give 100 fathoms (or fewer?) to everyone that's still lucid and use the remainder for general bore (or warehouse) upgrades. Also I'd say Kara and Vikkan's prosthetics (should they want them, mind) could come from this general fund.

General/essential bore upgrades I think that we'll want to get:
- life support for extended operations (eg air recycler) if that isn't accounted for yet.
- crew quarters:
   - sleeping arrangements
   - bathrooms/washing rooms
   - rec room/common room so we have a place to wreck
- mechanical workshop

Anything I missed?

Some other upgrades that would be nice to have but aren't as essential, and so can wait for later:
- chem lab
- diver sanctuary (incidentally an airlock that can be quickly flushed)
- comms: not sure how long range comms work in this world, maybe it could work like in dig 1.0?
- sensor suite maybe? To not accidentally stumble into the magma sea drill-first.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 05:46:37 am by Radio Controlled »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2018, 02:01:31 pm »

I am for the 100 coin distribution to any player who's character joined before the timeskip and survived the mission

I am fine with the team fund being spent on:
crew quarters (not necessarily the rec room though)
life support as needed
a basic workshop, if there is enough after the split.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27